S-FM 186: Firebringer's Improvised Game - Page 20
Register

User Tag List

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1487
  1. ISO #951

Re: S-FM 187: Firebringer's Improvised Game

Quote Originally Posted by OrpZedWorlds View Post
    You will notice that Hell Frog was the one who ensured that the day didn't end in a no-lynch. I actually pulled out.

Though I would have gladly lynched Funcall over myself. I didn't know his role. Even if Firebringer host-confirmed that Funcall was a 0.00000000001% chance of scum, it still would have been a better lynch than myself.

t. Orpz
    WTF IS THIS

You didn't "pull out", you got off so both me and TDL could hammer. You can't pretend that unvote after I stated intention to hammer was you protesting the lynch.

2. ISO #952

You will notice that Hell Frog was the one who ensured that the day didn't end in a no-lynch. I actually pulled out.

Though I would have gladly lynched Funcall over myself. I didn't know his role. Even if Firebringer host-confirmed that Funcall was a 0.00000000001% chance of scum, it still would have been a better lynch than myself.

t. Orpz
    I very literally pushed for a no lynch with reasoning and stole the hammer so that I could bitch at the town. What are you even talking about?

3. ISO #953

-unvote

You guys can both enjoy the benefits of voting

t. Orpz

t. Orpz
    There is such a disconnect here its amazing.

4. ISO #954

Quote Originally Posted by Calette View Post
    WTF IS THIS

You didn't "pull out", you got off so both me and TDL could hammer. You can't pretend that unvote after I stated intention to hammer was you protesting the lynch.
    WTF IS THIS

Semantics. I meant pull out as in unvote. Anyways I stated in the very next sentence that I was all for the lynch, so no, I don't believe I was pretending that my unvote was a protest.

t. Orpz

5. ISO #955

Relevant Hydra notes

[3/31/2016 8:34:20 PM] MZ: Hamemring now.
    [3/31/2016 8:35:08 PM] me: LOL
    [3/31/2016 8:35:12 PM] MZ: Damn, Frog beat me
    [3/31/2016 8:35:19 PM] me: Hell Frog cucked both you and Calette
    [3/31/2016 8:35:35 PM] MZ: This is what I get for waiting 20 seconds to let you object.
    [3/31/2016 8:35:46 PM] me: I had no objections
    [3/31/2016 8:35:56 PM] MZ: YOU DIDN’T SAY THAT.

Humor:
    [3/31/2016 8:37:01 PM] MZ: Why are we playing like a neut trying to survive?
    [3/31/2016 8:37:15 PM] me: To survive
    [3/31/2016 8:37:23 PM] MZ: Silly me.

t. Orpz

6. ISO #956

Semantics. I meant pull out as in unvote. Anyways I stated in the very next sentence that I was all for the lynch, so no, I don't believe I was pretending that my unvote was a protest.

t. Orpz
    Yet you state that "Hell Frog ensured the lynch, I pulled out" when you were all for it, as if you had no part in it. Wtf

7. ISO #957

8. ISO #958

9. ISO #959

Yet you state that "Hell Frog ensured the lynch, I pulled out" when you were all for it, as if you had no part in it. Wtf
    I am not trying to deflect the lynch onto Hell Frog in any way. It was an interesting hammer and worthy of being brought into the conversation. I literally brought up the case against Funcall and had my vote on him the whole day. I don't understand why I would be accused of trying to pretend I had no part in it. I'm actually proud of the fact that I was able to get our hydra to survive at L-1 and start a lynch on another person, even if it turned out to be wrong.

PEdit: There is no contradiction other than the one you want to see. I meant it in a completely different way than you guys are reading into.

t. Orpz

10. ISO #960

11. ISO #961

12. ISO #962

13. ISO #963

I am not trying to deflect the lynch onto Hell Frog in any way. It was an interesting hammer and worthy of being brought into the conversation. I literally brought up the case against Funcall and had my vote on him the whole day. I don't understand why I would be accused of trying to pretend I had no part in it. I'm actually proud of the fact that I was able to get our hydra to survive at L-1 and start a lynch on another person, even if it turned out to be wrong.

PEdit: There is no contradiction other than the one you want to see. I meant it in a completely different way than you guys are reading into.

t. Orpz
    You are proud that your useless non-confirmable role (IF you were town) was spared to lynch Funcall with that role they had? I would be proud too if I survived like that as survivor or scum.

14. ISO #964

15. ISO #965

Surviving is a town move. Should I have just rolled over and died just because players who probably weren't even Town wanted me to?

t. Orpz
    Surviving is also a scum and neutral move. So is misleading town intentionally to survive. Ultra scummy.

16. ISO #966

You are proud that your useless non-confirmable role (IF you were town) was spared to lynch Funcall with that role they had? I would be proud too if I survived like that as survivor or scum.
    I had no idea what Funcall's role was at the time. How the hell was I supposed to know that I diverted into a steroided Sheriff? He could have just as likely been an Mass ArsoGodfather.

To commit Reductio Ad Hitlerum, imagine being Hitler's Ghost who feels a lot of remorse for his actions. Yeah, genocide is pretty shitty and ultimately incorrect but you can't help but be proud that you pulled something like that off.

t. Orpz

17. ISO #967

Surviving is also a scum and neutral move. So is misleading town intentionally to survive. Ultra scummy.
    So, as Town, one should never lie, even if it would help them prevent from being mislynched? Absolutely makes no sense. As a Town role, mislynches are the most atrocious things to happen in the Day time. It gimps the shit out of your numbers, especially in a small game. If you're a Town role who's getting lynched, then you know for sure it's a mislynch. Then you do everything to prevent it. Because you know...mislynches suck.

t. Orpz

18. ISO #968

19. ISO #969

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Frog View Post
    No. You are twisting my words. I did not say anything about Calette's actions at all. And twisting the scenario to say I town read the slot? Hell no. Wtf are you on? Let me just throw quotes so you can't try to make it sound like I am saying something I am not.

This was my read list proior to revealing my peek on Calette

There are more quotes than that of people talking about it but yeah. We literally had conversations about how its a stupid idea to random lynch. About how we need reasoning with votes to build material to analyze. About how that slot was Lynch Bait. And yes- I did have a "Leaning scum" read on the slot. Tell me where I am misrepresenting my position from the end of day to gain town cred? You are not capable of enough spindoctor bullshit to twist my words with these quotes in front of your face.

Now what is REALLY bothering me about you going into this night chat is the fact that you jumped to say "Lets pressure Calette and Hell Frog" after a host message revealed a 100% lie on a slot that was on its way to being lynched. This suggests that OrpZedWorlds is straight up scum who lied to buy themselves another day yet your first reaction was "Lets ignore that shit and push in other directions?" Hence why I suggested that you are scum with OrpZedWorlds.
    So what I am hearing is that you are scum with Orpz? I am standing by my Calette post. Pretty much confirmed town to me. At least that slot doesn't freak out every time someone votes on it unlike yours.

And btw. Fuck you guys and I told you so on both the Orpz deal as well as the 'Its a total shit idea to push through a random lynch.' We got a whole 6 hour extension to put a train together and that time was not effectively used.

We have a full day of this chat and it would be nice if we used that time to get our shit together. Weak analysis and shitty votes with no reasoning is going to cripple us if we keep it up. It should be much easier for every slot to be able to provide reasoning given that theres so many damn heads behind most of them.

I would still really like to hear a readwall from RLVG
    -vote RLVG
    Actions... I guess lack of action since she didn't "respond to votes like I did."

Oh yes, I'm twisting your words... if anything, you're twisting mine as clearly you had no idea what I was referncing.

You literally fucking said "I told you so." That's literally scummy as fuck. And the fact you were "against it" at the start changes nothing, any scum can be against a town lynch and when the person flips town go "I told you so" to gain town points.

Notice, I said pressure, not lynch. Orpz is kind of obvious at the moment, yet why waste the day throwing the votes onto him when we can pressure people to find other scum? The fact you want to just go straight into Orpz is scummy, like you want to waste the day.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

20. ISO #970

21. ISO #971

Few things:

Survival is only necessary for non town. Town can win if they die. By lying to stay alive you did nothing to keep your slot alive. You only changed the time you will die. This would make sense as a town move 'if' there was some critical reason to do so. You just keep ranting about silly stuff that has no bearing on your alignment and if anything, is more of a scum tell than a town tell.

Your Straw Man model of 'town should never lie' is noted. But its nothing but a Red Herring. Again, you are pushing the conversation into something that has no bearing on the situation.

Lets step back from everything. Lets assume you are town and that you are just about to die. Survival is no longer an option -but- you know that you will soon flip town. With that in mind any reads on players you give will have the strength of coming from a 'confirmed town' perspective. With that in mind it is 100% in your best interest to provide thoughts and reads on the other players. So I ask again..

What are your reads? (With reasoning)

22. ISO #972

23. ISO #973

"Orpz is obvious at the moment"

TDL, have you fallen for the "Lynch All Liars" meme too?

t. Orpz
    Once again. Not the point; totally off subject; and a Red Herring argument fallacy to gain credibility without addressing the actual issue.

You should watch the hyperlinks in my last post. Once you do you will have to realize others will as well and players will immediately understand what you are up to.

24. ISO #974

I didn't lie about my role, I just intentionally misled everyone in order to not get lynched. Anyways, I also thought that it would take only an exercise in common sense to deduce our alignment from the reveal. How the fuck can anyone see the host confirming our role as night-vulnerable as indicative of anything other than Town role?
    This looks like Neutral posting to me.

~SW

25. ISO #975

Humor:
    [3/31/2016 8:37:01 PM] MZ: Why are we playing like a neut trying to survive?
    [3/31/2016 8:37:15 PM] me: To survive
    [3/31/2016 8:37:23 PM] MZ: Silly me.

t. Orpz
    You say this is humor but I want to know exactly why you are fighting so hard to survive? If it involves a role claim, so be it. I am extremely perplexed by your behavior this game and it makes no sense for town at all.

Also, I'm inclined to believe Hell Frog for now and even though I had a scumread on Calette, they are actively scumhunting now so I can let this go.

Not sure about RVLG-he's really kind of null to me.

Nic Cage seems townish in some posts, like their reads list and reasoning but scum in others-all the fluff posting. null-town read for now

I think TDL is scum. He is very, very defensive to any pressure or voting to the point where it's scummy as fuck.

Tank hydra looks to be town.

~SW

26. ISO #976

Few things:

Survival is only necessary for non town. Town can win if they die. By lying to stay alive you did nothing to keep your slot alive. You only changed the time you will die. This would make sense as a town move 'if' there was some critical reason to do so. You just keep ranting about silly stuff that has no bearing on your alignment and if anything, is more of a scum tell than a town tell.

Your Straw Man model of 'town should never lie' is noted. But its nothing but a Red Herring. Again, you are pushing the conversation into something that has no bearing on the situation.

Lets step back from everything. Lets assume you are town and that you are just about to die. Survival is no longer an option -but- you know that you will soon flip town. With that in mind any reads on players you give will have the strength of coming from a 'confirmed town' perspective. With that in mind it is 100% in your best interest to provide thoughts and reads on the other players. So I ask again..

What are your reads? (With reasoning)
    "Survival is only necessary for non town, because Town can win if they die".
    Please explain to me how this doesn't also apply to Mafia.

By lying to stay alive, I got the day to go from a 100% Mislynch to (100 - )% Mislynch. A necessary risk. You say that my actions are justified if I had a critical reason to do so. Is lowering the chance of mislynch from certain to something else not considered a critical reason to lie?

Nice throwbacks to 10th grade English, but what you called a Red Herring, I call a topic for dialogue. We aren't debating on one issue for the whole day. That's called tunneling.

Also, please point out exactly where I misrepresented the model of "Town should never lie" for the sake of making easier arguments. "Town should never lie" is already pretty silly, I don't need to strawman it to tear it apart. (I probably did, but I'm claiming I don't need to).

Incorrect. My thoughts and reads on players are most effective when my ethos as a Town Leader is at its peak. This happens directly after a role flip, in which case the last will suffices. If I post my reads and thoughts now -- it will matter for nothing, as I don't have any ethos to push on these lynches and it gives scum insights on what the thoughts of the Town is.

However, I am unfortunate in that my role, if I'm super unlucky, wipes my last will. So I'll post the reads list, but without any reasoning.

t. Orpz

27. ISO #977

So, as Town, one should never lie, even if it would help them prevent from being mislynched? Absolutely makes no sense. As a Town role, mislynches are the most atrocious things to happen in the Day time. It gimps the shit out of your numbers, especially in a small game. If you're a Town role who's getting lynched, then you know for sure it's a mislynch. Then you do everything to prevent it. Because you know...mislynches suck.

t. Orpz
    Town doesn't lie as a general rule in most games. Trying that hard to survive is generally more scummy than town because scum and especially Neutral has to survive due to numbers. Town, in most games I've played, is more willing to sacrifice as needed. Now, with everyone being a TPR, it makes this situation a tad bit different. But for you to ASSUME your role is more important than Funcall's or anyone else's for that matter tells me you are desperate to survive. This is far more scummy than townie.

~SW

28. ISO #978

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy17 View Post
    You say this is humor but I want to know exactly why you are fighting so hard to survive? If it involves a role claim, so be it. I am extremely perplexed by your behavior this game and it makes no sense for town at all.

Also, I'm inclined to believe Hell Frog for now and even though I had a scumread on Calette, they are actively scumhunting now so I can let this go.

Not sure about RVLG-he's really kind of null to me.

Nic Cage seems townish in some posts, like their reads list and reasoning but scum in others-all the fluff posting. null-town read for now

I think TDL is scum. He is very, very defensive to any pressure or voting to the point where it's scummy as fuck.

Tank hydra looks to be town.

~SW
    Dying is universally a bad thing.

t. Orpz

29. ISO #979

30. ISO #980

1. Calette
    2. TheDarkestLight
    3. OrpZedWorlds

4. Spearheading Female Tank
    5. Funcall
    6. RLVG
    7. Nicolas Cage
    8. Hell Frog
    9. Empathy17

t. Orpz
    Assuming SFT was the one with the night chat ability. Idr exactly who and I'm still boycotting the website so I don't want to really browse the thread right now.

31. ISO #981

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Actions... I guess lack of action since she didn't "respond to votes like I did."

Oh yes, I'm twisting your words... if anything, you're twisting mine as clearly you had no idea what I was referncing.

You literally fucking said "I told you so." That's literally scummy as fuck. And the fact you were "against it" at the start changes nothing, any scum can be against a town lynch and when the person flips town go "I told you so" to gain town points.

Notice, I said pressure, not lynch. Orpz is kind of obvious at the moment, yet why waste the day throwing the votes onto him when we can pressure people to find other scum? The fact you want to just go straight into Orpz is scummy, like you want to waste the day.
    I guess I will use colors and break this down barney style.

Once again, I never analyzed Calette. I never said anything about "This being scummy" or "That being town." Totally 100% without exception I had no analysis of anything about that slot in my post... At all..... None.... In no way.... Of any kind.... At all... (I do not know if there is any other possible way to say this)

I am not trying to. If you feel that I am point out how and we can find some common ground to work with. Those quotes were to directly draw out how I felt you were misrepresenting my points.

Yes I did say "I told you so" and not just once but over and over. My point of doing so is to point out how the town made such a fucked up garbage play. It was awful and we can not afford to make another mistake like that. It gave us nothing to work with from the flip which is like 90% of most peoples pro D1 lynch reasoning. I am pissed off about it.

Back to the subject Here is the quote from you I was responding to.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    And you're gonna shove the results down our throats? "I said this guy was town from the beginning! I must be town since I wasn't responsible for lynching him!"
    Twisting scenarios... All you're doing.
    In my responce I pointed out that I never said the slot was town. That in itself is a very direct misrepresentation of my position. If nothing else you have to own that. My reasoning for harping on that shit is to put the town back on the right track because we need to get our shit together.

I am jumping all over Orpz because I want it to be without question. If we have a Vig role they should have 0 doubt in their mind that they should be shot. By getting everyone on board with the "Yeah, This guy right here is 100% scum beyond debate" it allows us to focus on other things down the road. We can effectively use the entire day tomorrow to focus on the next potential lynch with one in our pocket that every single player agrees with. That is just maximizing use of day chat.

All that said, I am not as certain that you are scum like I am that OrpZedWorlds is. But every time I try to focus on another slot my attention keeps getting drawn back to you. If you are town you should start acting like one and Analyze some shit. I am not willing to even consider that Calette is scum but I am willing to consider other slots than yours.

32. ISO #982

33. ISO #983

Town doesn't lie as a general rule in most games. Trying that hard to survive is generally more scummy than town because scum and especially Neutral has to survive due to numbers. Town, in most games I've played, is more willing to sacrifice as needed. Now, with everyone being a TPR, it makes this situation a tad bit different. But for you to ASSUME your role is more important than Funcall's or anyone else's for that matter tells me you are desperate to survive. This is far more scummy than townie.

~SW
    Have you seen this setup? 6v2v1. The Town population isn't exactly high enough for any self respecting Town member to accept death. It's also perfectly fine for me to assume my role was more important than Funcall's.

1) I didn't know what it was.
    2) He had a decent case on him.
    3) He literally said he wouldn't contribute much.

t. Orpz

34. ISO #984

35. ISO #985

36. ISO #986

~SW
    Its simple. The purpose of a Red Herring is to draw away from the main point into a tangent and prove that you are correct in that tangent. By doing so people with ADD follow the argument and the end result of "You were right" and dismiss the original premise of the argument. Its a good play until you get called out on it like I very directly have.

You misrepresented the model of "Town should never lie" because it has nothing at all to do with anything. Obviously that shit is true. I lie all the time as town. This is a game of deception and analysis. The problem in this specific situation is that you are arguing town reasoning for lying while there is still a totally unrelated stack of reasoning that had the town willing to lynch you yesterday. The fact that you lied about your role makes you worse off now than you were then. So here- Let me agree with you "Town should lie their asses off for the right reasons"

37. ISO #987

Have you seen this setup? 6v2v1. The Town population isn't exactly high enough for any self respecting Town member to accept death. It's also perfectly fine for me to assume my role was more important than Funcall's.

1) I didn't know what it was.
    2) He had a decent case on him.
    3) He literally said he wouldn't contribute much.

t. Orpz
    I can understand that first part. But lying to survive is not something I see coming from town no matter what the reasoning. The only way I can see town lying is to trying to WIFOM scum with false info. if they have an important role or try to draw the NK by fake crumbing something if they are BP or VT. In this setup the VT part is not applicable. I also don't see the point of submitting skype logs because those can be easily faked. I'm not saying they are. I'm just saying it's possible to orchestrate anything via skype so I'm not really gonna look at those as proof of your innocence or guilt.

~SW

38. ISO #988

39. ISO #989

1. Calette
    2. TheDarkestLight
    3. OrpZedWorlds

4. Spearheading Female Tank
    5. Funcall
    6. RLVG
    7. Nicolas Cage
    8. Hell Frog
    9. Empathy17

t. Orpz
    Saying someone is scum with no reasoning is totally worthless. I am not even sure why I am bothering to talk to you at this point if your reasoning is going to be "You are boycotting the site" when its only the front page that has any change at all to it. That shit has nothing to do with the game thread.

Just go belly up already. You got caught. No need for the silly shit.

40. ISO #990

Its simple. The purpose of a Red Herring is to draw away from the main point into a tangent and prove that you are correct in that tangent. By doing so people with ADD follow the argument and the end result of "You were right" and dismiss the original premise of the argument. Its a good play until you get called out on it like I very directly have.

You misrepresented the model of "Town should never lie" because it has nothing at all to do with anything. Obviously that shit is true. I lie all the time as town. This is a game of deception and analysis. The problem in this specific situation is that you are arguing town reasoning for lying while there is still a totally unrelated stack of reasoning that had the town willing to lynch you yesterday. The fact that you lied about your role makes you worse off now than you were then. So here- Let me agree with you "Town should lie their asses off for the right reasons"
    OK but I never lied about my role. We are a miller.

~SW

41. ISO #991

42. ISO #992

43. ISO #993

44. ISO #994

Can you at not give a summary or a general idea of where your thoughts are?

Are you browsing the site on mobile again or what?
    I'm on limited time. Summing up my thoughts takes a while, and since I have really weak ethos at the moment, it will basically be ignored and the payoff isn't worth it. Want an example? Without looking, tell me what Nicolas Cage's reads are.

Basically, until I can get confidence restored, there are better ways to spend my time.

t. Orpz

45. ISO #995

I'm on limited time. Summing up my thoughts takes a while, and since I have really weak ethos at the moment, it will basically be ignored and the payoff isn't worth it. Want an example? Without looking, tell me what Nicolas Cage's reads are.

Basically, until I can get confidence restored, there are better ways to spend my time.

t. Orpz
    He gave a reads list earlier in the game.

~SW

46. ISO #996

I guess I will use colors and break this down barney style.

Once again, I never analyzed Calette. I never said anything about "This being scummy" or "That being town." Totally 100% without exception I had no analysis of anything about that slot in my post... At all..... None.... In no way.... Of any kind.... At all... (I do not know if there is any other possible way to say this)

I am not trying to. If you feel that I am point out how and we can find some common ground to work with. Those quotes were to directly draw out how I felt you were misrepresenting my points.

Yes I did say "I told you so" and not just once but over and over. My point of doing so is to point out how the town made such a fucked up garbage play. It was awful and we can not afford to make another mistake like that. It gave us nothing to work with from the flip which is like 90% of most peoples pro D1 lynch reasoning. I am pissed off about it.

Back to the subject Here is the quote from you I was responding to.

In my responce I pointed out that I never said the slot was town. That in itself is a very direct misrepresentation of my position. If nothing else you have to own that. My reasoning for harping on that shit is to put the town back on the right track because we need to get our shit together.

I am jumping all over Orpz because I want it to be without question. If we have a Vig role they should have 0 doubt in their mind that they should be shot. By getting everyone on board with the "Yeah, This guy right here is 100% scum beyond debate" it allows us to focus on other things down the road. We can effectively use the entire day tomorrow to focus on the next potential lynch with one in our pocket that every single player agrees with. That is just maximizing use of day chat.

All that said, I am not as certain that you are scum like I am that OrpZedWorlds is. But every time I try to focus on another slot my attention keeps getting drawn back to you. If you are town you should start acting like one and Analyze some shit. I am not willing to even consider that Calette is scum but I am willing to consider other slots than yours.
    Christ, you're once again not understanding me. Is it really that fucking hard? You compared my actions, to the actions of someone that, "from your point of view" is confirmed town, rather than your own whilst saying it was scummy, when you literally are doing the same thing, but far worse, and you're using that to make me out to be scum as evidenced by the line "So what I am hearing is that you are scum with Orpz?"

See the whole situation with blue.

Yet you were pointing it out in a way by saying "it's a bad lynch." Almost like you knew what was coming afterwards, but yet despite that... you still hammered him. YOU HAMMERED HIM. I don't care what your reason is, you go around telling people he's bad, hammer him, and then go around saying "I told you so"??? No, that's scum who just wants to see a lynch happen but wants to "claim he knew it all along." If you really did, then there is NO reason that YOU should have hammered.

You are working under the assumption we have a vig, we very well might not. Stop working under that assumption, work under the assumption that all we have is a lynch until such is proven otherwise.

"If you are town, then stop analyzing me and analyzing someone else, because town wouldn't ever analyze me."

That's basically what you just said, because I've been analyzing this whole time, just on you.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

47. ISO #997

Saying someone is scum with no reasoning is totally worthless. I am not even sure why I am bothering to talk to you at this point if your reasoning is going to be "You are boycotting the site" when its only the front page that has any change at all to it. That shit has nothing to do with the game thread.

Just go belly up already. You got caught. No need for the silly shit.
    I said "I'd boycott the site" in one or two sentences and then proceeded to talk about a LOT of other controversial, relevant things, but that's your main reason for not continuing to talk with me? Personally, I prefer Salmon and Yellowtail over Herring.

Since you enjoyed mentioning logical fallacies, you should also know that they weaken your argument.
    So what I'm saying is, this is even less of an argument than my reads list, and I purposely designed that to be all looks.

t. Orpz

48. ISO #998

49. ISO #999

50. ISO #1000