S-FM 186: Firebringer's Improvised Game - Page 12
Register

User Tag List

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #551

Re: S-FM 187: Firebringer's Improvised Game

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy17 View Post
    ika hasn't been onsite all day-he's working a double shit

I explained this already. I accidentally posted in my SilverWolf account and requoted and revoted in empathy account. I've always had to do that in hydra games in the past because the vote by the non-player doesn't count. I had no idea it would result in a "lynch"

~SilverWolf
    Oh, so it wasn't Ika, that doesn't change the scumminess of your account as it only takes one head to be scummy to make the account scummy. Even if hammering wasn't the intention, putting me to L-1 when I hadn't even had the chance to speak is a horrendously scummy move.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

2. ISO #552

3. ISO #553

Quote Originally Posted by Spearheading Female Tank View Post
    I ask why you are poking him then and this is your answer ...

Look man i'm townreading you but you continue to be inconsistent
    I thought I was your top neutral read.

And fuck you for grabbing the first sentence in a giant wall post and calling it my point. Just shovel it on why don't ya. There is not enough of that going around for me.

4. ISO #554

5. ISO #555

#117 Fluff
    #119 Don't go to my house tonight (Potentially softclaiming vet in an effort to avoid investigative roles)
    #122 Troll
    #124 Votes Empathy with no reasoning (Stacking votes on the biggest train)
    #145 Troll
    #149 Fluff
    #152 Believes Empathys Claim?
    #155 Troll
    #156 Troll
    #159 Tells empathy he is willing to lynch them in spite of believing their claim
    #167 Says he did not say his vote was a vote to lynch (His last post was literally him saying he would lynch Empathy)
    #169 Backtracks saying it was a pressure vote before and insinuating its now a lynch vote
    #177 and #178 Defensive justification
    #181 Total 'Weak Analogy' Fallacy here.
    #188 Slight backtracking
    #193 Avoiding the conversation
    #245 New player on the hydra checking in
    #246 Supports lynching Empathy after reading the first post of the game.
    #247 Says post 246 is dead serous (At this point I assume there was some coordination in the hydra chat?)
    #257 Calls out Calette for buddying
    #258 Corrects himself that he was calling out TDL and Empathy buddying
    #260 Suggests he will join my train on TDL if it doesnt look like Empathy will be lynched
    #262 Calls Empathy useless
    #263 Agrees with my reasoning that Empathy is deflecting responses to non game personal shit implying he saw it as a scum tell
    #264 Fluff
    #511 Fluff
    #530 Says Me vs TDL is Scum vs Neutral
    #532 Says I am his top Neutral read and TDL and Empathy are his top scum reads
    #535 Says again that he is dead serous
    #549 Pokes Nicolas Cage

Just.. Holy shit..

Softclaims to avoid being checked at night and goes lynch happy right off the bat jumping on the most likely lynch target then backtracks when pressured about his vote. States he is willing to lynch TDL if he cant get Empathy lynched and generally avoids confrontation trying to stay out of the spotlight. The second I started pushing real reasoning all of a sudden he wanted to be my buddy and after people expressed they could see my slot being neutral he flipped his opinion?

-vote OrpZedWorlds

Fuck this obvious scum. He has not expressed a single original thought or done anything to suggest he cares at all about who is scum. Read through this guys posts.. He is mirroring any town opinion while trying to get anyone he can lynched with no reasoning.

6. ISO #556

7. ISO #557

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Frog View Post
    I didn't say it but he flat out said he believed Empathy's claim yet was pushing for a lynch on the slot when at that point the empathy pressure was based upon his claim.
    OrpZedWorld is also been someone we've thought of as coming off potentially Scummy, especially with the lack of pressure put upon him this game. We also didn't like how right off the bat one head votes Empathy and then another just says they fully agree with this decision without nothing going for it.

Seeing as though I, Myself, Won't be on for very long and will mostly be My other head playing since I will be pretty busy tomorrow, I think I'll leave it up to him as to if we should change our vote to Orpz. Especially since more opinions would be nice on OrpZedworld, since there hasn't really been much.

8. ISO #558

9. ISO #559

Softclaims to avoid being checked at night and goes lynch happy right off the bat jumping on the most likely lynch target then backtracks when pressured about his vote. States he is willing to lynch TDL if he cant get Empathy lynched and generally avoids confrontation trying to stay out of the spotlight. The second I started pushing real reasoning all of a sudden he wanted to be my buddy and after people expressed they could see my slot being neutral he flipped his opinion?

-vote OrpZedWorlds

Fuck this obvious scum. He has not expressed a single original thought or done anything to suggest he cares at all about who is scum. Read through this guys posts.. He is mirroring any town opinion while trying to get anyone he can lynched with no reasoning.
    First of all, fuck you neutral.

Second of all, I don't want to get anyone lynched with no reasoning, I don't like empathy17 or TDL, and I certainly don't like you. However because you are neutral, I suspect that you may be a jester.

Right now our heads are kind of disjointed and disagreeing with our opinions.

I believe that Empathy is performing some stupid WIFOM shit, trying to make us believe that she is miller.

My other heads believe that Empathy is legitimately claiming.

10. ISO #560

Quote Originally Posted by OrpZedWorlds View Post
    First of all, fuck you neutral.

Second of all, I don't want to get anyone lynched with no reasoning, I don't like empathy17 or TDL, and I certainly don't like you. However because you are neutral, I suspect that you may be a jester.

Right now our heads are kind of disjointed and disagreeing with our opinions.

I believe that Empathy is performing some stupid WIFOM shit, trying to make us believe that she is miller.

My other heads believe that Empathy is legitimately claiming.
    Call me Neutral all you want. I have the vindication of flipping town at the end of the day and I won't bat an eye at lynching your scummy ass. If you are so sure I am scum but conflicted on Empathy why are you not voting me? Play that jester cop out all day bro.

You can say that your heads disagree but I noted a very specific agreement on voting Empathy on post #246. Let me quote it for you in case you forgot.

Hey guys! Best part of the head is here! Reading over and highlighting my thoughts.

Also if you need a little bit of skullfucking, I'm your man.
    I read the first fucking post of the game and I immediately think that our hydra is working with the right lynch.

gg no re
    This is a 2nd head checking in after the 1st pushed Empathy and then it flat out supported the Empathy lynch. Are you sure the "Our heads disagree" story is what you really want to go with? You could at least swap up the story to say 2 of you support it and 1 does not or something. Then you wouldn't be directly contradicting yourself.

And so what if Empathy is pulling some stupid WIFOM shit? How the hell does lieing about being a miller translate to a damning scum read on the slot?

You are digging yourself a deeper hole in this response.

11. ISO #561

Sense you are hear I really want to know. What are your 'reads' if you have 3 players communicating them in your hydra chat? It should not be a problem for you to spit out some real reasoning if this is the case. I believe you are just echoing whatever the hell you read in day chat here to try and appear that you are scum hunting.

12. ISO #562

Hydra dissonance is scummy. And I have zero reason to try to make anyone believe I'm a miller. A miller is a negative utility town role. There is zero reason to fake claim this shit. It's the stupidest move ever for scum to make given the kind of scrutiny we got over it. I've said this twice but fine, for a third time, optimal play for a miller is to claim first post D1 so the cop does not waste a check on them. I believe someone, somewhere said they put miller in as their upick. There is always someone in any game who wants to lynch a miller. It never fails. I have never, ever seen scum claim miller in any game first post, D1. Even if we were trying to pull some WIFOM shit, like you said, please elaborate on what possible motive we would have to do this?

Also, I'm gonna consult with ika on the Orpz hydra. I wish others would sign their hydra posts.

~SilverWolf

13. ISO #563

14. ISO #564

15. ISO #565

16. ISO #566

Hydra dissonance is scummy. And I have zero reason to try to make anyone believe I'm a miller. A miller is a negative utility town role. There is zero reason to fake claim this shit. It's the stupidest move ever for scum to make given the kind of scrutiny we got over it. I've said this twice but fine, for a third time, optimal play for a miller is to claim first post D1 so the cop does not waste a check on them. I believe someone, somewhere said they put miller in as their upick. There is always someone in any game who wants to lynch a miller. It never fails. I have never, ever seen scum claim miller in any game first post, D1. Even if we were trying to pull some WIFOM shit, like you said, please elaborate on what possible motive we would have to do this?

Also, I'm gonna consult with ika on the Orpz hydra. I wish others would sign their hydra posts.

~SilverWolf
    I'll agree to start signing hydra posts. Admittedly this is my first Hydra game so I'm not too sure what the procedure is for hydras.

-Orpz

17. ISO #567

Anyways I had a talk with myself and it's 2:1 Towncumread on Empathy

It's not really a secret who this anonymous scumreader is. But he deeply believes in this opinion. This dissenter feels Helz is scumreading him for having a minority opinion. He also feels Helz is a just a pawn of the oppressor.

-Orpz

18. ISO #568

19. ISO #569

20. ISO #570

This 2:1 town:scum read ratio is still in direct contradiction with the posts you guys have made. And I am not sure why your vote parked on a player that your hydra 66% town reads. There is enough players in the game that you could easily find a player to vote which you all agreed on. Especially given that you think I am neutral and TDL is Mafia.

Even if that first post was troll it still has softclaim implications that fit a scum agenda.

I am willing to talk this out a bit but you guys have really made it tough to see you as anything but scum. Even you have to admit that.

-Helz

21. ISO #571

22. ISO #572

23. ISO #573

24. ISO #574

My other two heads don't know how to treat a miller claim. It's overall more a town move; unnecessary attention for scum, possibly beneficial for town to not be checked. Then again, maybe they're just looking to draw attention to themselves as a jester. I've only read about half of the thread, but two posts in particular stick out to me:

BTW-We are a town PR so if you lynch us, I expect an apology post game for being fucking idiots and ignoring the scum who are probably loving every minute of this fiasco!!

~SilverWolf
    There was hardly any pressure when this "TPR" claim was made, and it's entirely premature. Sure, given the UPICK, I suspect everyone has some form of night power, but not everyone's will actually be that useful; there's probably a lot of negative utility around as well. The true TPRs are the ones with useful powers. Claiming TPR this early is just... nonsensical, as if asking for even more attention.

Another post, regarding voting for Empathy:
    so then you are contradicting yourself, your trying to lynch us or your not, theres no middle grounds
    This is the most neutral-sounding sentiment I've seen in a long while. Empathy is certainly concerned with whether or not they're being voted; not talking about anyone's reads or suspicions, just their votes. Survivor and Jester are very concerned with votes, not so much with who's scum. Scum often have a similar concern, being an informed minority. This concern with voting, early in the day and with a small train, is not particularly town behavior. I'll grant you people vote differently at MS, but you've both had enough time here that you shouldn't be hypersensitive to pressure.

But back to that main point: the miller claim. I've already said I like it and that it's generally pro-town behavior. But this is a UPICK, which means setup speculation is actually a useful tool, so let's get into that.

Let's play a game, Empathy. I also have a negative utility part of my role. I want to see how ours compare. How do you know you are a miller? How does it work, exactly? What happens if someone checks you? Does it also affect the graveyard, or just investigative abilities? Did you submit this ability yourself, or was it added in? Was it a modification of something you previously submitted?

I have the mechanics of my negative utility in my last will; don't let Empathy get through the end of the day without explaining how the miller mechanic works.

I'm voting Empathy until I've received a satisfactory response. I doubt the negative utility mechanics of a true FB-style miller can be guessed; they'll either seem like mine, in which case I can clear Empathy as solid town, or they'll be nonsense, in which case, combined with my suspicions highlighted above, I'm going full steam ahead on Empathy.

-vote Empathy17

Your move.

-Matt

25. ISO #575

Let's play a game, Empathy. I also have a negative utility part of my role. I want to see how ours compare. How do you know you are a miller?

cus our role says it
    How does it work, exactly? What happens if someone checks you?

we show up as mafia. its a striaghtfoward miller.

Does it also affect the graveyard, or just investigative abilities?

it affecst any cop check on us

Did you submit this ability yourself, or was it added in? Was it a modification of something you previously submitted?

modified. any town intentionaly putting a neg utility in their role in submission would be playing anti town

now you tell us why your rolefishing

26. ISO #576

My other two heads don't know how to treat a miller claim. It's overall more a town move; unnecessary attention for scum, possibly beneficial for town to not be checked. Then again, maybe they're just looking to draw attention to themselves as a jester. I've only read about half of the thread, but two posts in particular stick out to me:

There was hardly any pressure when this "TPR" claim was made, and it's entirely premature. Sure, given the UPICK, I suspect everyone has some form of night power, but not everyone's will actually be that useful; there's probably a lot of negative utility around as well. The true TPRs are the ones with useful powers. Claiming TPR this early is just... nonsensical, as if asking for even more attention.

Another post, regarding voting for Empathy:

This is the most neutral-sounding sentiment I've seen in a long while. Empathy is certainly concerned with whether or not they're being voted; not talking about anyone's reads or suspicions, just their votes. Survivor and Jester are very concerned with votes, not so much with who's scum. Scum often have a similar concern, being an informed minority. This concern with voting, early in the day and with a small train, is not particularly town behavior. I'll grant you people vote differently at MS, but you've both had enough time here that you shouldn't be hypersensitive to pressure.

But back to that main point: the miller claim. I've already said I like it and that it's generally pro-town behavior. But this is a UPICK, which means setup speculation is actually a useful tool, so let's get into that.

Let's play a game, Empathy. I also have a negative utility part of my role. I want to see how ours compare. How do you know you are a miller? How does it work, exactly? What happens if someone checks you? Does it also affect the graveyard, or just investigative abilities? Did you submit this ability yourself, or was it added in? Was it a modification of something you previously submitted?

I have the mechanics of my negative utility in my last will; don't let Empathy get through the end of the day without explaining how the miller mechanic works.

I'm voting Empathy until I've received a satisfactory response. I doubt the negative utility mechanics of a true FB-style miller can be guessed; they'll either seem like mine, in which case I can clear Empathy as solid town, or they'll be nonsense, in which case, combined with my suspicions highlighted above, I'm going full steam ahead on Empathy.

-vote Empathy17

Your move.

-Matt
    Sounds good. Meanwhile I will vote you until your slot gives a satisfactory response. Because no matter how scummy you try to make Empathy look it does not make you look any less scummy. Especially when your other two heads straight up bailed under pressure once the spotlight was on them.

-Helz

27. ISO #577

28. ISO #578

First, thanks for signing your posts. Second, your select quoting of us leaves out a lot of information. Most people don't like being voted for stupid shit. We are no exception. You have yet to tell us how our claim is scum and if you think we are neutral you are most likely scum, neutral hunting. You also appear to be rolefishing here.

No, We didn't pick miller for upick. The role we submitted was completely changed. It had three parts to it and still does but they were all changed to something else. If we are checked by any who can check for alignment we show as mafia. That's how our miller role works. Miller is considered a modifier. That's all the info. I'm giving you. Like it or not.

~SilverWolf

29. ISO #579

30. ISO #580

now you tell us why your rolefishing
    To confirm, you specifically show up as "mafia" to investigations? Not "scum," "guilty," or anything else like that?

Are you told that it affects "cop checks"? Is "cop" a role that was confirmed to you? What, exactly, were you told your alleged miller status affects?

No one knows their alignment beforehand; one could very well put negative utility into their role to increase their chances of being allowed a positive utility part, or to guarantee a town alignment, perhaps. There's no reason for one to assume that submitting the most powerful role one can think of is the optimal strategy.

But more importantly, what was your miller status a modification of? Were you trying to gain detection immunity of some sort that backfired?

If you're going to volunteer role information, it's already out there. There's no pro-town reason to not explain your mechanic fully.

31. ISO #581

32. ISO #582

33. ISO #583

34. ISO #584

To confirm, you specifically show up as "mafia" to investigations? Not "scum," "guilty," or anything else like that?

Are you told that it affects "cop checks"? Is "cop" a role that was confirmed to you? What, exactly, were you told your alleged miller status affects?

No one knows their alignment beforehand; one could very well put negative utility into their role to increase their chances of being allowed a positive utility part, or to guarantee a town alignment, perhaps. There's no reason for one to assume that submitting the most powerful role one can think of is the optimal strategy.

But more importantly, what was your miller status a modification of? Were you trying to gain detection immunity of some sort that backfired?

If you're going to volunteer role information, it's already out there. There's no pro-town reason to not explain your mechanic fully.
    I already answered all these questions. Read my post. We show up as wolf(mafia) to anyone who can check for alignment. It doesn't say cop.

~SilverWolf

35. ISO #585

36. ISO #586

Oh fun, Silver responded too.

First, thanks for signing your posts. Second, your select quoting of us leaves out a lot of information. Most people don't like being voted for stupid shit. We are no exception. You have yet to tell us how our claim is scum and if you think we are neutral you are most likely scum, neutral hunting. You also appear to be rolefishing here.

No, We didn't pick miller for upick. The role we submitted was completely changed. It had three parts to it and still does but they were all changed to something else. If we are checked by any who can check for alignment we show as mafia. That's how our miller role works. Miller is considered a modifier. That's all the info. I'm giving you. Like it or not.

~SilverWolf
    So you were told that your miller aspect was a 'modifier'?

I have explicitly told you what I am doing here; my role also has a negative utility component to it, and I'd like to compare this to your alleged negative utility. If you get something that looks close to the style of mine, then I have good reason to townread you. If yours is drastically different or you can't provide details, then there's good reason to think you just made it up, which is a HARD scumtell/jester 'slip.'

derp-LOL, I didn't know ika already answered

Oh well, now you got both our answers.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop your tunnel now.

~SilverWolf
    I write one post with two quotes on you and it's a tunnel? This is exactly the point I was making: you're hypersensitive to being voted.

~SilverWolf
    I already answered all these questions. Read my post. We show up as wolf(mafia) to anyone who can check for alignment. It doesn't say cop.

~SilverWolf
    You didn't answer all of them. Namely: What ability were you originally intending to get that miller was a modification of?

37. ISO #587

No, the miller aspect of our role did not say it was a modifier but it is a modifier.

NO WAY am I telling you what we originally asked for. NOPE, that's giving our role away and seriously rolefishing at this point.

I'm talking to ika. I want you lynched now.

~SilverWolf

38. ISO #588

39. ISO #589

40. ISO #590

No, the miller aspect of our role did not say it was a modifier but it is a modifier.

NO WAY am I telling you what we originally asked for. NOPE, that's giving our role away and seriously rolefishing at this point.

I'm talking to ika. I want you lynched now.

~SilverWolf
    You really are easy to startle. You claim part of your role at the start of day, but then you get shy on explaining how that part works? I don't see how the original mechanic gives your role away in reasonable fashion; if it's somehow fluff-based you can just say it's fluff-based and give a rough sketch.

-Matt (as these have been)

I object to the L-1 at least for the time being. 6v2v1 is bad numbers to let a possible early lynch in. At least give me time to finish playing my game with you and explain my own negative utility.

41. ISO #591

I am just gona give a spoiler from my Hydra chat. We had a great conversation about what roles you would see in a mafia sub forum on a pregnancy site. Then we talked about operation "Big Booty Mafia Bitches." I would tell you guys more but its all super secret. And I swear on my soul this is like 75% of what we talked about in our hydra chat.

On a side note its totally fucked that OrpzZedWorlds is pushing Empathy for information and trying to give them shit about revealing information that will reveal absolutely nothing about their alignment yet is useful to scum while avoiding conversation about my push on their super scummy behavior.

Gotta keep a clean house here. If you don't you get ants. Nobody likes ants.. Stay on subject or some shit.

42. ISO #592

You really are easy to startle. You claim part of your role at the start of day, but then you get shy on explaining how that part works? I don't see how the original mechanic gives your role away in reasonable fashion; if it's somehow fluff-based you can just say it's fluff-based and give a rough sketch.

-Matt (as these have been)

I object to the L-1 at least for the time being. 6v2v1 is bad numbers to let a possible early lynch in. At least give me time to finish playing my game with you and explain my own negative utility.
    I'm not going to waste my time going in circles with you. Our original role had 3 parts, they were all changed to something else. One of them was changed to miller. What other question do you have because I've answered them all and don't see new ones. Of course we claimed D1, post one. I've explained that 3 times now. What is your point now?

~SilverWolf

43. ISO #593

Now, as promised, my own negative utility:

Are we allowed to quote rolecards?

We submitted a three-part role, corresponding to the three players in this hydra. The part I am talking about is a modification of the MattZed component of the role. Originally, we had requested immunity to investigative abilities. This was granted, and Firebringer added, without deleting anything, the note that all investigations on us would give "No result" as the outcome.

-Matt

44. ISO #594

45. ISO #595

We submitted a three-part role, corresponding to the three players in this hydra. The part I am talking about is a modification of the MattZed component of the role. Originally, we had requested immunity to investigative abilities. This was granted, and Firebringer added, without deleting anything, the note that all investigations on us would give "No result" as the outcome.

-Matt
    OK, But why claim?

~SilverWolf

46. ISO #596

47. ISO #597

-Matt
    Do you want ants? Because this is how you get ants!

You are at L2 with 1 player that has strongly suggested he supports voting you. Seriously bro. Could you take a moment to acknowledge the shit I have pointed out on you? Your other two heads ran off and all but shit. I am kind of confused to why you keep pushing Empathy here. Even if Empathy is scum it does not mean you are town. And if you are town I would expect some kind of effort to defend yourself. Could you just go belly up and say 'Yah you caught us, but this guy is also probably scum' or something?

48. ISO #598

49. ISO #599

I'm fucking tired of the constant tunnels. I'm done answering questions about our role. I don't care if you think we are scummy.

~SilverWolf
    It wasn't even an hour ago that I started talking about you. Silver, do me a favor and just focus on the conversation I'm trying to have, not anything you've said with anyone else. Please. I've been very clear with you that I like millers calling it D1, and I think that's the appropriate town thing to do and a rather foolish scum gambit if you're scum. However, this is D1 and without roleflips we really don't have much to work with. You volunteered specific information about your role. There's no reason to not vet that information to get a solid read.

Silver, I am wondering: are you so against anything remotely "role fishing" because of meta you might follow from another site? Your hydra volunteered, without being prompted, that you are a miller and a TPR. You'll notice I haven't asked you to clarify how you're a TPR, and I'm not going to. But what bothers me is that when I ask you to clarify the part you revealed on your own, about being a miller, you get instantly suspicious. I haven't asked for any real new information about your role; scum doesn't benefit from knowing that you appear as "mafia" vs appearing, as, say "scum." I have been asking for you to be more specific about information you already revealed of your own volition. Why, exactly, do you not like me asking for this clarification?

-Matt

50. ISO #600

ok why didnt you claim that in your first post?

and no saying "dont visit me" does not count. why didnt you jsut outright claim "btw guys, investigations will return no results on us"
    I don't know what my other heads were doing; you'll note that, in MY first post, I indicated we had a negative utility.

Since we're the top train right now and daylight is burning, I'll discuss why I believe they said that; another part of our role says that we will specifically, when night starts, be revealed as not immune at night. (I think you can guess what this is a perversion of.) I imagine they were trying to WIFOM us as possible veteran so that we don't eat the first nightkill.

Do you want ants? Because this is how you get ants!

You are at L2 with 1 player that has strongly suggested he supports voting you. Seriously bro. Could you take a moment to acknowledge the shit I have pointed out on you? Your other two heads ran off and all but shit. I am kind of confused to why you keep pushing Empathy here. Even if Empathy is scum it does not mean you are town. And if you are town I would expect some kind of effort to defend yourself. Could you just go belly up and say 'Yah you caught us, but this guy is also probably scum' or something?
    Frog/Helz, frankly this is my first time getting to the thread and I haven't even read through it all yet. I've been here an hour, and I've only had enough time to do the most productive thing I saw on my plate.

If you could highlight specific points that you would like me to address, I'm more than happy to.

-Matt