S-FM 174: Koopolitics - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM 173: Koopolitics

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    Calix avoid fighting with RLVG???? >)o.o)v impossible!
    That mean one of you is Mafia v)o.o)^!!!!
    I prepare my popcorn for both of you to fight! Now fight it b)o.o)b!
    I'm not going to attack anyone as much as I did that game.

For starters, I'm not a Journalist who needs the mafia to attack me to turn into Town-Neutral. Apologies for the spoilers, everyone.

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by Spruance View Post
    lol just read that thread

If we must entertain a day 1 lynch we might as well go with a sound strategy that has worked in the past

-vote RLVG

lmao
    Not a fan of how you are either a) trolling after Sen explained why flippantly voting in this setup is bad or b) agree with the logical fallacy that is Thornholt's vote.

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    I'm not going to attack anyone as much as I did that game.

For starters, I'm not a Journalist who needs the mafia to attack me to turn into Town-Neutral. Apologies for the spoilers, everyone.
    So RLVG is Mafia this time b)o.o)b?

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    He's dead in RLVG's current game and he had a fair number of posts in the latest Mystery Box (which is a lurkfest) before he got replaced in.
    And I'm still f'ing pissed at POD for 1)replacing me 2) ignoring me completely when I asled for a reason as to why he replaced me so quickly.

Also my first post I said calm down cause you, Calix, seemed to be starting up your insults machine... which is mentioned to be worthy of replacement without warning in the setup... I don't want to see people replaced out of pointless anger

21. ISO #71

Quote Originally Posted by Thornholt View Post
    And I'm still f'ing pissed at POD for 1)replacing me 2) ignoring me completely when I asled for a reason as to why he replaced me so quickly.

Also my first post I said calm down cause you, Calix, seemed to be starting up your insults machine... which is mentioned to be worthy of replacement without warning in the setup... I don't want to see people replaced out of pointless anger
    LMAO

I was in Toadette's last game? Think I know what to type.

She specifies no sexist, racist, etc language. I am perfectly capable of insulting you within the boundaries set, mate.

Kindly tell us who your team mates are.

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

The day doesn't end for 72 hours though so I'm sure the tide of troll voting will shift many times...

I respect that day 1 lynch is a thing, but generally speaking there is no way to tell who is mafia day 1... I've been going through past games and very few day 1 lynches actually lynched bad people, much like the 3/13 chance it is.

26. ISO #76

The day doesn't end for 72 hours though so I'm sure the tide of troll voting will shift many times...

I respect that day 1 lynch is a thing, but generally speaking there is no way to tell who is mafia day 1... I've been going through past games and very few day 1 lynches actually lynched bad people, much like the 3/13 chance it is.
    Lynches are mandatory in this setup. That's why we can't afford to waste time on trolling when we could be using it to pressure players to see how they react.

The more lynches we perform, the more town-controlled kills we have. Lynches have a better chance of killing scum compared to night actions, which will never hit scum.

27. ISO #77

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    If the day ended right now, RLVG would die. That's unacceptable, and you know it.
    Why? RLVG hasn't proven he is town to me yet.

RLVG must first talk with me. He must declare his fealty to the Town Leader, then we can lynch someone else.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

28. ISO #78

While the ideal would be to get a scum lynch on day 1, a day 1 lynch is usually to get the whole machine moving. In a balanced setup, a no-lynch day 1 only benefits the scum.
    The only sound reason for proposing a no-lynch day 1 would be a mathematical one, and implying that all deaths (lynches are night kills) are random, so unless we are playing some variant of a Russian roulette, considering a no-lynch makes no sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Why?
    Because he's taking me bowling.

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

Quote Originally Posted by RMcD94 View Post
    I'm confused how you justify a day 1 random lynch?
    Because the mechanic of this save is mandatory lynch.

Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Question: How many scum slips (Where they make a wording which makes them sound like a teamed/scum role) have turned out true vs false?
    Like a good 80% of them.

BTW its been shown that 90% of statistics are made up on the spot.

38. ISO #88

There is more town than not so statistically it is a bad play.

On the same basis because there are more town, they should more consistently gain knowledge over time. ie two town invest to maf one invest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaladin View Post
    You guys are new to forum mafia so I will explain the subtle differences.

Forum game differs in two key aspects for 1

The game is less reliant on night actions. Night actions are still important, but they don't encompass 90% of the game like in the game mod.

Game is more about reading, and seeing the motivations in the day chats. This is because claims are usually less important in the game, usually town is going to be primarily citizen so a claim is usually worthless unless players are Counter claiming a role. So like in day chat you are trying to figure out if players are trying to cause mislynches or actually sort everything out and figure out who is scum.

So there you go. It might be a little different to you at first, but I am sure yo uguys will get it.

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

On the same basis because there are more town, they should more consistently gain knowledge over time. ie two town invest to maf one invest.
    It helps if you vote FireBringer. It turns him into a Mayor.

vote with me new guys!

-vote FireBringer
    You silly silly....is that a tea bag?

I am already Mayor.

PM me your role fool.

Also last will.

41. ISO #91

I have proven time and time again, that I am capable of leading.

Are you applying to take away my job?

Can I see your credentials and references?
    Sure Thing.
    Bundeswehr Special Forces 8 years Service

Can't Give You Reference Information To My Superior.
    They don't let us do that too often.

Can I have your job now?
    Coup d'etat Incoming.
    -vote FireBringer

42. ISO #92

Sure Thing.
    Bundeswehr Special Forces 8 years Service

Can't Give You Reference Information To My Superior.
    They don't let us do that too often.

Can I have your job now?
    Coup d'etat Incoming.
    -vote FireBringer
    I have left in my last will who shall lead in my absence.

Hint: Its not you.

43. ISO #93

For starters, there's nothing random about it. If you're lynching people at random, then you need to review the purpose of Mafia.

As for why a lynch is better:
    A) A lynch can kill scum. Simple as that. Voting/Lynching is the Town's strongest weapon. Scum kills obviously don't kill scum.
    B) A flip (any flip) on day 1 helps for interaction and vote analysis. A day 1 with no-lynch is the same as a day 2 with one less townie. Besides the one or two TPRs that might exist in a setup -and who might've got nothing from their night action, since the no-lynch gave them nothing to work with-, the rest of the town remains in the dark, while the scum got a kill and possibly information that helps them plan the next one.
    C) Day 1 no-lynch is a free pass to everyone; "lurk, troll, do whatever. we're not lynching anyone today!".
    D) Depending on the setup, a no-lynch can turn a MyLo into a next day LyLo, or more commonly into one less mislynch the Town can do.
    E) A d1 wagon resulting in a d1 no-lynch will likely be a wagon on d2, wasting yet more time.
    Z) https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_FAQ

An oft used argument is to wait for the investigative roles (if any) to get clues. That's a terrible idea, since the TPRs can either be terrible at picking targets and get nothing of use until it's too late, or get rekt before they can be of use. In both scenarios the Town is left with a bunch of dead bodies and little to no useful information.

While power roles are fun and can be very powerful if used correctly, Mafia is mostly a game about studying the people who you are playing with. What they do, what they say, how they react, when they do it, and most importantly; why.

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Woooo... day one forced lynch... I love it oh so much. It's not like it messes with my play style at all. I won't even argue with Sen's post because it's pointless since a lynch is forced.
    Lol. I didnt want to say anything.

I just think he was helping the new people though.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

46. ISO #96

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Woooo... day one forced lynch... I love it oh so much. It's not like it messes with my play style at all. I won't even argue with Sen's post because it's pointless since a lynch is forced.
    any suggestion, boss?

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

47. ISO #97

Bah.
    Limelight.
    RLVG hates me now.
    I'm sorry.

I literally read the 2 pages, and then commented on the only thing I wanted to.
    and I always like to vote Firebringer at the start.
    I love Iced_Monopoly.
    Survivor: Survive until the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Barkley Beard View Post
    Oh christ what has he done

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100