S-FM Koopolitics - Setup
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM Koopolitics - Setup

I changed the setup because the other one wasn't very popular. If you want to see my original idea, it's in a spoiler at the bottom.

Role List:
    Bowser Jr
    Kamek
    Paratroopa

Ludwig (Random Koopaling)
    Lemmy (Random Koopaling)
    Roy (Random Koopaling)
    Iggy (Random Koopaling)
    Wendy (Random Koopaling)
    Morton (Random Koopaling)
    Larry (Random Koopaling)
    Koopa
    Koopa
    Koopa

Rolecards:

Spoiler : Mafia :

Bowser Jr
    You chat with the mafia at night. Mafia has 1 night kill and 1 role block per night (pick which players do which, one player cannot do both)
    If you are roleblocking you are immune to roleblock
    Night kill is not immune to roleblock
    {player} is Kamek
    {player} is Paratroopa
    Link to the mafia chat: {link}

Kamek
    You chat with the mafia at night. Mafia has 1 night kill and 1 role block per night (pick which players do which, one player cannot do both)
    {player} is Bowser Jr
    {player} is Paratroopa

Paratroopa
    {player} is Bowser Jr
    {player is Kamek}

Spoiler : Koopas :

Possible Koopaling roles
    Koopalings receive rolecard but are not informed of their roleplay name until they flip in the grave (Random Koopaling that gets Koopa doesn't know they're a Koopaling)
    Cop
    Check one player's alignment at night
    Your role is currently {enabled/disabled}

Doctor
    Heal one player at night

Journalist
    Target one player during the day. At night they will write an article that is published the next day.

Crier
    Write an article during the night that you will have published anonymously the next day.

Detective
    Follow one player at night and learn who they targeted

Role blocker
    Block one player's night action at night
    You are immune to role block

Bus driver
    Swap two players at night
    You cannot swap yourself

Bodyguard
    Guard a player at night. If they are attacked, you and the attacker die instead.

Vigilante
    Target a player at night, killing them
    You have one shot

Koopa
    You don't have any special abilities

Win Conditions:
    Mafia: Eliminate the Koopas or achieve a situation in which this is inevitable.
    Koopas: Eliminate the Mafia and have one surviving player

Tie breakers:
    Mafia > Koopas

Order of Operations:
    Bus driver
    Roleblockers
    Doctor and Bodyguard
    TPRs "pass off" ability
    All kills happen simultaneously
    Framer
    Investigative roles
    Mafia "passes off" ability
    Articles written

Mechanics:
    72 hour days, 24 hour nights
    Day 1 starts with lynch.
    Lynch at majority of votes (5/9, 4/7, 4/6, etc)
    If the day ends and nobody has received the amount of votes needed, then the person with the most votes is lynched. If there is a tie, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
    Last wills are limited to 100 characters.
    Suicide is not allowed.

Special Mechanics:
    *Two random players (can be mafia or koopas) start with their roles enabled. All other Koopalings have roles but not enabled (role card states enabled or not enabled). "Koopa" role is never enabled since it does not have a night action - Koopalings can be Koopas
    *At night the town players with their role enabled MUST "pass off" the enable to another player along with using their night action. The player who it has been passed off to will have their role enabled for the next day and night cycle, and the player who passed off will lose their ability following the night they pass it off
    *If a player forgets to pass it off, I will randomly choose someone to pass it to and inform the player who it was sent to
    *If the TPR who has their role currently enabled dies by lynch or night kill, the "enable" dies with them (nobody is informed of this), meaning there are a possible of 0, 1, or 2 town roles enabled at any time.
    *Role flips don't state whether ability was enabled or not.
    *If one of the mafia is passed the enable, they are informed that they have been passed to but not by who. They will have to pass off the next night but can't pass to their teammates.

Role blocked players are informed of being role blocked (including roleblock immune)
    Attacked and healed players are NOT informed of failed attack or heal
    Doctor is not informed if his target was attacked
    Bus driven players are informed of swap

Rules:
    Do not quote pms from the host
    Images/videos/colored chat allowed, but don't be excessive about it.
    No talking about the game outside of the game.
    No excessive personal attacks. Violators will be warned through PM, and replaced or killed if they continue. If you feel like someone has violated this rule, do not discuss it on the thread but rather PM me and I will decide the course of action to take.
    I also will NOT tolerate racist or sexist remarks. You will be modkilled or replaced. There will be no warning.
    No anonymous accounts.
    No post requirement but I will replace players at any time if needed.
    NO password protected posts.

Any questions?

Spoiler : Original Idea that Ika hated :
    Role List:
    Bowser Jr
    Kamek (Random Mafia)
    Paratroopa (Random Mafia)

Lemmy (Koopaling)
    Wendy (Koopaling)
    Morton (Koopaling)
    Larry (Koopaling)
    Iggy (Koopaling)
    Ludwig (Koopaling)
    Roy (Koopaling)
    Koopa
    Koopa
    Koopa

Rolecards:

Spoiler : Mafia :

Bowser Jr
    Target one player at night to kill them.
    You have a one use auto vest.
    {player} is Kamek
    {player} is Paratroopa

Kamek
    {player} is Bowser Jr
    {player} is Paratroopa
    Your role is:

{Rolecard}

If Bowser Jr is dead, you may choose to sacrifice your night action to kill instead

Paratroopa
    {player} is Bowser Jr
    {player} is Kamek
    Your role is:

{Rolecard}

If Bowser Jr is dead, you may choose to sacrifice your night action to kill instead

Random Mafia Roles:
    Role Blocker
    Block one player's action at night
    You are immune to role block when role blocking (night kills can still be blocked)

Corrupt Cop
    Discover one player's exact role every night

Taxi Driver

Coward
    Hide behind one player at night, diverting any night action directed at you onto them
    2 charges

Corruptor
    Replace one player's night feedback with that of another role's with chosen results

Framer
    Make one player show up as Mafia
    2 charges

Janitor
    Clean one players last will and role
    2 charges

Grunt
    You may be sent to perform the night kill instead of Bowser Jr

Spoiler : Koopas :

ALL town role cards state:
    "You are/are not a Koopaling"
    Names are not given and are only known in the graveyard.

Possible Koopaling roles
    Cop
    Check one player's alignment at night

Investigator
    Check one player at night to learn if they have night actions.

Doctor
    Heal one player at night

Detective
    Follow one player at night and learn who they targeted

Role blocker
    Block one player's night action at night
    You are immune to role block

Bus driver
    You cannot swap yourself

Bodyguard
    Guard a player at night. If they are attacked, you and the attacker die instead.

Vigilante
    Target a player at night, killing them
    You have one shot

Mason
    You share a night chat with any other masons

Coroner
    Discover a dead player's true last will and role

Koopa
    You can only vote.

Spoiler : Selfish Koopaling :

Selfish Koopaling
    You surrender any abilities you previously owned
    Target a player at night to kill them (1 charge only)

Win Conditions:
    Mafia: Eliminate the Koopas and Selfish Koopaling, or achieve a situation in which this is inevitable.
    Koopas: Eliminate the Mafia and Selfish Koopaling and have one surviving player
    Selfish Koopaling: Be the last remaining player alive.

Tie breakers:
    Selfish Koopaling > Mafia > Koopas

Order of Operations:
    Bus driver
    Roleblockers
    Doctor and Bodyguard
    Framer
    Investigative roles
    Coroner

Mechanics:
    72 hour days, 24 hour nights
    Day 1 starts with lynch.
    Lynch at majority of votes (5/9, 4/7, 4/6, etc)
    If the day ends and nobody has received the amount of votes needed, then Koopalings may not use their night action (Selfish Koopaling can still kill)
    Last wills are allowed.
    Suicide is not allowed.

Special Mechanics:
    All town role cards state whether they are a Koopaling or not and role, but they are not given their name.
    Koopalings on any night may choose to substitute their night action with an attempt to become the Selfish Koopaling
    Koopalings with no night action (Koopa's) may not attempt to become the Selfish Koopaling two nights in a row
    If only one Koopaling chooses to become the selfish Koopaling, they will succeed
    If more than one Koopaling attempts to become the Selfish Koopaling, they will all fail and will receive a failed message
    If a Selfish Koopaling already exists, the failed message will be different
    If a Selfish Koopaling dies, another Koopaling may attempt to become the Selfish Koopaling unless the Mafia is already eliminated in which case the game will end
    On nights following no lynch, NO Koopalings may attempt to become the Selfish Koopaling
    If 2 or less Koopalings are left alive, none of them may become the Selfish Koopaling

Role blocked players are informed of being role blocked
    Attacked and healed players are NOT informed of failed attack or heal
    Mallow however is informed if his target was attacked
    Bus driven players are informed of swap

Failed Selfish Koopaling messages:
    More than one attempt in a night to be the Selfish Koopaling:
    "You second guessed your attempt to be the Selfish Koopaling!"
    Selfish Koopaling already exists:
    "There is already someone more selfish than you!"

Rules:
    Do not quote pms from the host
    Images/videos/colored chat allowed, but don't be excessive about it.
    No talking about the game outside of the game.
    No excessive personal attacks. Violators will be warned through PM, and replaced or killed if they continue. If you feel like someone has violated this rule, do not discuss it on the thread but rather PM me and I will decide the course of action to take.
    I also will NOT tolerate racist or sexist remarks. You will be modkilled or replaced. There will be no warning.
    No anonymous accounts.
    No post requirement but I will replace players at any time if needed.
    NO password protected posts

I am willing to add more roles to the possible role list for either alignment
    Last edited by Toadette; January 12th, 2016 at 10:37 PM.
    :toad:

Spoiler : O.o :
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf
    Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM Koopolitics - Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    What incentives, in your opinion, would the townspeople have to turn into a Selfish Koopaling? I'm not seeing a lot.
    Its a personal challenge that I know some people would like to attempt and will cause distrust amongst the town

Plus solo win on the ladder awards more points if I'm not mistaken than team win

Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. ISO #4

The idea I envision is the temptation to screw over your teammates for personal glory, and whether 7 members of the town can all resist that temptation or whether someone will bite

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    the selfish koopaling as is right now would be encouraging a player to play against their current wincon (town).

i am about to head to sleep so i can see what could be put in its place
    In this setup that is the point, yes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

how does a roleblocker interact with a bus driver targeting directly and being bus droven to rb bus driver?

the current mechanic seems unfair for kopas and scums if the whole goal is to go for solo win/ladder points consider givng scums/koopa their own?
    The whole goal isn't to become the Selfish Koopa. 7 players are given the choice to go rogue if they want; they don't have to do this though and can stay firm as a town.

The mechanic is there to tempt them.

Bus driver is immune to rb I guess but I'll make it so they can't target themselves.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

*shrugs*

i mena i dont care that much but just IMO when the mechanic can implicate an argument to game throw for personal gain on ladder it seems like its more of a ladder game then something real if you get what i mean
    If I changed it to not substitute night action but rather use the action alongside trying to become Selfish Koopa does that make it better in your eyes? The idea isn't to game throw, its to have an oppportunity to change alignment.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Toadette View Post
    If I changed it to not substitute night action but rather use the action alongside trying to become Selfish Koopa does that make it better in your eyes? The idea isn't to game throw, its to have an oppportunity to change alignment.
    I think your missing my argument here.

My argument is this: town's wincon is to eliminate scums (mafia), if the action they take is resulting in an anti town wincon, taking the said action to begin with is playing against town wincon. If thats what you are saying i am misunderstanding but here's an alternative idea:

I would give the wincons as follow:

Mafia: unchanged
    Koopa: eliminate mafia, you can with with koopalings* or selfish koopaling**
    *can win with koopalings even if all koopas are dead
    **can only joint win with selfish koopaling if there is a living koopa
    Koopalings: eliminate mafia and the selfish koopaling if one

Selfish koopaling: eliminate mafia and the other koopalings

This way would prob work better because it keeps the main town wincon (eliminate mafia), while they can double down for a solo win (if koopas are gone) or screwing over several players (if koopa(s) still exist)

12. ISO #12

I didn't get any positive feedback from this setup, so I completely changed it. Please let me know positive and negative feedback on this new idea.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. ISO #13

I didn't get any positive feedback from this setup, so I completely changed it. Please let me know positive and negative feedback on this new idea.
    You should understand not all feedback is going to be posotive or can be put in a nice fasion. It was not my intention to say it was a bad setup and make you revamp it. It just had a lot of flaws to it that could be IMO exploited/go against certain rules.

Im sorry if i offended you on trying to help you with it

I mena you could of jsut ignored everything i said too or disregard it
    Last edited by ika; December 10th, 2015 at 11:11 PM.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

You should understand not all feedback is going to be posotive or can be put in a nice fasion. It was not my intention to say it was a bad setup and make you revamp it. It just had a lot of flaws to it that could be IMO exploited/go against certain rules.

Im sorry if i offended you on trying to help you with it

I mena you could of jsut ignored everything i said too or disregard it
    I wasn't offended. I welcome the feedback. The setup didn't seem like it would be something people would want to play, there appeared to be 0 excitement for it - why would I host it? That's why I changed it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. ISO #16

i will say i do like the idea of enabling. Consider making the pass a required thing? or that on the second night it must? This would give it more strategic value IMO.

Just to clairify, if a player dies with the enable, it does not get passed based on OoO correct?
    Correct, enable dies with the player who had it and does not get passed on.

I can make enable required

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. ISO #17

I wasn't offended. I welcome the feedback. The setup didn't seem like it would be something people would want to play, there appeared to be 0 excitement for it - why would I host it? That's why I changed it.
    [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]I changed the setup because the other one wasn't very popular. If you want to see my original idea, it's in a spoiler at the bottom.

Spoiler : Original Idea that Ika hated :
    -snip

Uh huh..... so its not about me or the misrepresentation that i somehow hated it when i did not

18. ISO #18

Uh huh..... so its not about me or the misrepresentation that i somehow hated it when i did not
    That was me trying to be funny

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

to make sure i understand the mechanical play of enabling:

Player A has enabled.
    day 1: enablaed
    night 1: enabled, passes off
    Day 2: enabled
    night 2: enabled/disabled?

Player A and B has enabled
    Day 1 both enabled
    Night 1 both enabled, player A passes to player C, player B passes to player A
    Day 2: A enabled, B disabled, C enabled
    Night 2: A enabled, B disabled, C enabled, A and C pass off

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Hmmm....

One thing I see impending that might be problematic.... But has an easy fix is just passing to scum cus then they basically know who they should kill next. I mobile but it's an easy fix that I can say when I got time
    Nobody is informed who passed the enable to them

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. ISO #25

Nobody is informed who passed the enable to them
    its not so much that is that if scums get the enabled they can basicly kill off the enabled person the next night.

its soemthign to consider at least. if you want to avoid that i woudl consider making it that scums pass it off that the "passing" of action should be first?

i mena overall its negligible but it meh

26. ISO #26

its not so much that is that if scums get the enabled they can basicly kill off the enabled person the next night.

its soemthign to consider at least. if you want to avoid that i woudl consider making it that scums pass it off that the "passing" of action should be first?

i mena overall its negligible but it meh
    That makes sense and I'll change the OoO for the pass off

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

27. ISO #27

Order of Operations:
    Bus driver
    Roleblockers
    Doctor and Bodyguard
    TPRs "pass off" ability
    Framer
    Investigative roles
    Mafia "passes off" ability

Look better? Also good catch ika, thanks

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

28. ISO #28

Please add Crier's and Journalist's article to the OoO, it will help clarify if the article will be published if Crier/Journalist is killed/roleblocked.

Are roleblock-immune roles notified of being roleblocked?
    If a player forgets to pass off, and you randomly choose his pass off target, do you tell him who he sent it to?
    Just to be sure, I'm assuming a player with an enabled role has to pass off his enable in the same night that he gets to use his ability?
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Please add Crier's and Journalist's article to the OoO, it will help clarify if the article will be published if Crier/Journalist is killed/roleblocked.

Are roleblock-immune roles notified of being roleblocked?
    If a player forgets to pass off, and you randomly choose his pass off target, do you tell him who he sent it to?
    Just to be sure, I'm assuming a player with an enabled role has to pass off his enable in the same night that he gets to use his ability?
    Done.

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

30. ISO #30

Cool, the last small thing I have to say is that it might be a bit OP to have the two initial enablers be confirmed Town. That way, in addition to claiming TPR, the TPR could just say he was an D1 Enabler. To counterclaim, Mafia would have to say they're a power role (since Koopas are never enabled)

I'd change this by making any role be able to start as an enabler

I will approve for signups once I hear your thoughts on this.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Cool, the last small thing I have to say is that it might be a bit OP to have the two initial enablers be confirmed Town. That way, in addition to claiming TPR, the TPR could just say he was an D1 Enabler. To counterclaim, Mafia would have to say they're a power role (since Koopas are never enabled)

I'd change this by making any role be able to start as an enabler

I will approve for signups once I hear your thoughts on this.
    Sounds good I'll make the change right now

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

32. ISO #32