S-FM 168: Mushroom Kingdom Madness!!
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 168: Mushroom Kingdom Madness!!

Link to the setup:

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...ingdom-Madness

Note: The story is a continuation of camp mafia. If you wish to see how it went down, feel free to read the story in the spoiler tag below.

Spoiler : Camp Mafia :
    Quote Originally Posted by Day 1
    Welcome citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom to the Committee of Justice! I am your Mayor Toadette.

You have all been briefed on the illegal activities plaguing the city of Mushroomsville. We must find the culprits and bring them to justice.

Unfortunately all of you here are suspects! You must find out which of you are members of the Mafia. Choose wisely, for we will lynch the player at the end of the day with the most votes. Please review your classified documents here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night 1
    The committee has made their decision. They bound and gagged MattZed and took him to the town square to be hanged.

As MattZeds body fell and his neck broke, evidence was brought into my office proving that he was in fact a town member.

Sleep with one eye open tonight, and close the doors and lock them tight. We shall reconvene in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day 2
    Day 2 has begun.

I found a box on my doorstep this morning. It contained Stealthbombomb16's winder covered in blood. Guess he won't be blowing anyone up without that.

There was also a note. If we let the mafia run the town, they would spare Stealthbombomb16's life. He is a town member. Since I won't negotiate with the Mafia, the best thing we can do for him is try to catch the mafia now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night 2
    DarknessB, Helz, SuperJack, and Frog were standing in a line, yelling at each other while the rest of the committee were yelling at them. Amidst the confusion, DarknessB threw a rope around Frogs neck and dragged him away. By the time anyone had noticed they were gone it was too late, Frogs body was found dangling in front of my office window!!

"I made the right decision I swear!!" yelled DarknessB, "That guy is mafia, I'm sure of it!! I'M NOT CRAZY!!" he screamed.

Upon searching Frogs body, we found one of Stealthbombomb16's eyes in a box in his pocket. He was a member of the Mafia after all! Could there be hope to find the now one eyed Stealthbombomb16?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day 3
    Day 3

After yesterday's events and finding stealthbombombs eye, I sent a team to search Frogs house. We found a clue to his secret hideout which was vacated by the time we arrived - except for the body of Stealthbombomb16 which was found lying on the floor.

When Slaol didn't show up for the meeting this morning, I sent the team to his house next. What they found was a terrible sight. While it looked like he put up a fight, he lost it. His body parts were everywhere, his blood was splattered all over the floor and a big "REVeNge" was written on the wall with his blood. The remnants of his head were found in his blender.

I think its safe to conclude he was a member of the town
    Quote Originally Posted by Night 3
    In the middle of committee discussion, the conversation turned on Firebringer. "Definitely Fire, Look at him Squirming." SuperJack stated. "Fire knows he's cooked", DarknessB said. "We can totally extend your life 24 hours to allow you time to hunt for the scum-" Helz started to say, when Firebringer lost it. He started thrashing about, kicking and screaming and even tried to bite me. Ika awoke from his nap suddenly. "Cool. do i need to do anything?"

Foaming at the mouth, the rest of the committee held Firebringer down and DarknessB put a gun to his head. "Are you stupid or something Darkness?" Firebringer yelled out in fury, as DarknessB put a bullet in his head. The crisis was over!

...or so we thought. As I was approaching my car, i was almost shot and the shooter got away in their escape vehicle. The only logical explanation is that Firebringer was a member of the town and that the last killer is still out there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Day 4
    Dawn of the final day

After a sleepless night for all, I found a note from DarknessB on the floor in my office It said:

"I have made a bad name to myself"

It included this drawing:

As I was reading it, I noticed blood seeping out from under my desk. Opening the drawers, I found only a bloddy cloth, and wrapped in the cloth his badge. He was the cop.

This ends today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conclusion
    Helz and ika faced SuperJack, backing him towards the window in the council room. "You're done SuperJack", Helz said. "Give yourself up. There's no where to turn."

"But I'm super town!" He responded. He didn't even see ika lunge forward, driving a knife into his neck. As he struggled for breath, he muttered "super not cool-", as ika shoved him and pushed him out the window.

Spoiler : Fin :
    ika then turned towards Helz, brandishing the knife with SuperJacks blood. Helz suddenly realized that it was ika all along. His eyes got wide. "YOU!"

Helz ran towards me. "SuperJack was a Super Town!! Ika is the mafia, madam Mayor!! We can still stop him-"

He looked down as he realized that I had thrust a knife into his midrift. "I know", I said. "He is my son.".

The Mafia has sucessfully corrupted city hall and has won the game.

Winners
    Yukitaka On I ika
    Frog

December 3rd, 2015

It has been two months since the Committee of Justice was disbanded. Evidence was found afterward that tied each of the deceased committee members to the rise in crime, and it appears they turned on each other resulting in a crime war that left most of them dead. Following these events there was a sudden drop in reported incidents, and the investigation turned to the mayors office. The investigation has so far yielded no incriminating results, and peace had been restored to the kingdom for a time.

On December 1st, 2015, Princess Toadstool made her way to Mushroomsville to commerate me for unrooting the evil that had plagued the kingdom and making the town crime free. When she never arrived, I commissioned a small task force led by the Mario Bros to find her and bring her back. We can only assume it is Bowser and his cronies who have kidnapped Princess Toadstool on occasion and demanded ransom each time, though they deny any claim to this tragedy. Only time will tell what they may find.

-Toadette, Mayor of the Mushroom Kingdom

Role List:
    Bowser
    Koopa

Mario
    Luigi
    Yoshi
    Random Mushroom Kingdom Citizen

Princess Toadstool

Players:
    RLVG
    Calix
    Funce
    TheDarkestLight
    Superjack
    Suntax
    powerofdeath
    Firebringer
    Iced_Monopoly
    Klingoncelt
    Slaol
    Yukitaka Oni

REMINDER: In this setup a lynch is required each day. If the day ends and nobody has received the amount of votes needed, then the person with the highest amount of votes at day end will be lynched. If there is a tie, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.

Also if you ask a question that is clearly explained in the setup, or a question I don't feel is needed to be clarified, I'll probably ignore it to try to influence the game as little as possible. Good luck to all of you!

Game will begin at 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

Links:

Day 1 End/Day 2 Start: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...540#post540540
    Day 2 End/Day 3 Start: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...dness!!/page21
    Day 3 End/Day 4 Start: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...dness!!/page26
    Game End: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...dness!!/page30
    Last edited by Toadette; January 6th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.
    :toad:

Spoiler : O.o :
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf
    Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM 168: Mushroom Kingdom Madness!!

Day 1 Begin's now - Surprise!

7 votes to hammer.

Day 1 will end in 73 hours

Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. ISO #3

Ello folks.

After reading the setup, I have an idea for where we can direct our mandatory Day 1 lynch today. I am aware that this may be controversial in the short-term. I would like to note that this idea came to me before I received my role card.

Proposition: Lynch Mario.

Since a lynch on Princess Toadstool is unlikely to happen, we have to reduce the damage that they can inflict and cut our losses this way.

As a role, Mario is too much of a loose cannon to be worth keeping around, especially as he has been downgraded from a Sheriff to a weak Investigator somewhat in this setup by the results (since all TPRs save for the mayor show up as non-toad).

Since Mario has the potential to swap alignments and turn against us quickly, I feel that this lynch would be beneficial in the long-run. The only way we will know when Princess Toadstool changes alignments is by revealing Luigi and Yoshi (which might not be a terrible idea, but that's another kettle of fish). There's no jester role as of today, so now or tomorrow would be optimal times to lynch him as he would be extremely unlikely to be counter-claimed.

My reasoning is that it destroy any chances of a Serial Killer before they can happen, thus mitigating the number of scum-directed kills. Lynching one town > having multiple towns die at night on top of mafia having a roleblocker. It would also effectively simplify the game down to 7v3 by Day 2.

I don't think waiting too long for this lynch is a good idea. If Mario is changed early on, then there's no way that he will reveal.

If we were to go ahead with this idea, I want Mario to wait for several hours, perhaps 24 or so, before revealing. I don't want the scum to pile onto the train and prematurely kill the discussion. We have 72 hours, so there's no need to rush into anything as of yet. We only need a voting majority as well, so hammering early will not be necessary.

For this reason, I'm going to open up with a good old-fashioned vote elsewhere.

-vote Firebringer

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Ello folks.

After reading the setup, I have an idea for where we can direct our mandatory Day 1 lynch today. I am aware that this may be controversial in the short-term. I would like to note that this idea came to me before I received my role card.

Proposition: Lynch Mario.

Since a lynch on Princess Toadstool is unlikely to happen, we have to reduce the damage that they can inflict and cut our losses this way.

As a role, Mario is too much of a loose cannon to be worth keeping around, especially as he has been downgraded from a Sheriff to a weak Investigator somewhat in this setup by the results (since all TPRs save for the mayor show up as non-toad).

Since Mario has the potential to swap alignments and turn against us quickly, I feel that this lynch would be beneficial in the long-run. The only way we will know when Princess Toadstool changes alignments is by revealing Luigi and Yoshi (which might not be a terrible idea, but that's another kettle of fish). There's no jester role as of today, so now or tomorrow would be optimal times to lynch him as he would be extremely unlikely to be counter-claimed.

My reasoning is that it destroy any chances of a Serial Killer before they can happen, thus mitigating the number of scum-directed kills. Lynching one town > having multiple towns die at night on top of mafia having a roleblocker. It would also effectively simplify the game down to 7v3 by Day 2.

I don't think waiting too long for this lynch is a good idea. If Mario is changed early on, then there's no way that he will reveal.

If we were to go ahead with this idea, I want Mario to wait for several hours, perhaps 24 or so, before revealing. I don't want the scum to pile onto the train and prematurely kill the discussion. We have 72 hours, so there's no need to rush into anything as of yet. We only need a voting majority as well, so hammering early will not be necessary.

For this reason, I'm going to open up with a good old-fashioned vote elsewhere.

-vote Firebringer
    I have to agree with this. Mario can end up being a loose cannon creating an extra night kill.
    His early reveal and death would result just one less town instead of one less town + one more scum.

Glad to see you have been reading the mechanics very closely.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I am seriously quitting this game if you say this shit anymore.
    That's quite the dramatic entrance, eh?

If we don't lynch the Sheriff-Lover-Serial-Killer time-bomb who can be found by asking for him to claim, then who exactly do we lynch? I don't doubt that we could hit a scum on the first round, but I'd rather play it safe for the first day and get evidence to inform our decisions on Day 2.

Aw, TDL. I figured you'd react as such xD

10. ISO #10

What I want to do is setup spec.

Okay what we know:
    Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Koopa, and Princess Toadstool are all in the game.

Considering initial balance of the game is swingy based on alignment shifts of Toadstool and Mario. I suspect we have 2 other PR.

Right now, possibly 2 Geno?
    Unlikely 2 Mallow.

Princess Daisy is unlikely.

Kooper highly likely in the game.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

That's quite the dramatic entrance, eh?

If we don't lynch the Sheriff-Lover-Serial-Killer time-bomb who can be found by asking for him to claim, then who exactly do we lynch? I don't doubt that we could hit a scum on the first round, but I'd rather play it safe for the first day and get evidence to inform our decisions on Day 2.

Aw, TDL. I figured you'd react as such xD
    SuperJack has been pissing me off lately and he knows it.

BTW Are you someones alt?

13. ISO #13

Okay what we know:

Considering initial balance of the game is swingy based on alignment shifts of Toadstool and Mario. I suspect we have 2 other PR.

Unlikely 2 Mallow.

"Lets do Setup Spec"

"Does Setup Spec"

"Does not give reasons"

Try to explain this and stop trying so hard and failing to look like your contributing.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Okay what we know:

Unlikely 2 Mallow.

Unless you have any significant host meta (unlikely, as I'm pretty sure this is Toadette's second or so game), then speculating won't get us very far. I guess we have time for it, but I'd prefer to focus on the special mechanics/ variances in the role types as that's the area that will require the most attention. Detective, Sheriff and Doctor are obvious staples for town, so saying that they'll be around is something that can be assumed at this point.

Why would we have 2 Geno in your eyes?

I'm not an alt. Who did you think I was?

16. ISO #16

Hi guys.
    This game I'm going to try and not get d1 lynched.
    We only need to find Mario at this stage. Lynching a towny is not helpful.
    The best option would be to kill both Mario and Bowser. However that denies to other town roles... Hmm.
    I love Iced_Monopoly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Survivor: Survive until the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Barkley Beard View Post
    Oh christ what has he done

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Funce View Post
    Hi guys.
    The best option would be to kill both Mario and Bowser. However that denies to other town roles... Hmm.
    0-o

What?

Mario is town. His Lynch was only proposed to stop him turning evil. If he is lynched as town he still wins with us.
    So we don't need to find him, we just need to ask him to to sacrifice himself if we have no better option.
    The Best Option would be to kill Bowser and Koopa. Lol.
    Town does not need power roles to win, just good day discussion.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Funce View Post
    Hi guys.
    Are you Princess Toadstool?

Mario is a town role, just one that can change alignments.

Your last line is obvious. We need to kill the potential Serial Killer and mafia, what of it? Your last sentence doesn't make much sense either, possibly due to a typo. Could you clarify what you meant, please?

20. ISO #20

Unless you have any significant host meta (unlikely, as I'm pretty sure this is Toadette's second or so game), then speculating won't get us very far. I guess we have time for it, but I'd prefer to focus on the special mechanics/ variances in the role types as that's the area that will require the most attention. Detective, Sheriff and Doctor are obvious staples for town, so saying that they'll be around is something that can be assumed at this point.

Why would we have 2 Geno in your eyes?

I'm not an alt. Who did you think I was?
    I don't use host meta, I am trying to figure it out through a balance point of view.
    Host meta is stupid IMO.

@Host: If Mario is lynched today, and Princess Toadstool is visited. Would Lugi or Yoshi gain their powers?

Based on role cards, I am assuming no.

So lynching Mario today, is a really really bad idea.

21. ISO #21

Your last line is obvious. We need to kill the potential Serial Killer and mafia, what of it? Your last sentence doesn't make much sense either, possibly due to a typo. Could you clarify what you meant, please?
    Theoretically SK could kill a scum for us.
    Only Bowser is NI.

22. ISO #22

Funce is quite new to Forum Mafia and perhaps has not read through the Mechanics closely enough. Took me a few re-reads to understand.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

I don't use host meta, I am trying to figure it out through a balance point of view.
    Host meta is stupid IMO.

@Host: If Mario is lynched today, and Princess Toadstool is visited. Would Lugi or Yoshi gain their powers?

We may not need those powers. They're there to buff town in the event of a Serial Killer springing up. Town has the tools to find scum without needing a Vigilante and another potential Sheriff.

Mario is certainly not worth keeping around on the off-chance that they kill one of the two designated mafia roles. That's a terrible idea that isn't worth the risk.

If we lynch Mario, then when it comes to role call, they'll still be valuable for the fact that they're unique roles. Any counter-claimers will certainly die.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Host meta is stupid IMO.

Claims based on rolecards to assume no.
    Yet does not state the part which convinces him.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

In an unrelated story, I really hate the fact that my posts get caught in the moderator or whatever.

We may not need the powers that Luigi/ Yoshi possess. They're there to buff town in the event of a Serial Killer springing up. Town has the tools to find scum without needing a Vigilante and another potential Sheriff.

Mario is certainly not worth keeping around on the off-chance that they kill one of the two designated mafia roles. That's a terrible idea that isn't worth the risk.

If we lynch Mario, then when it comes to role call, they'll still be valuable for the fact that they're unique roles. Any counter-claimers will certainly die.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Defending poor play.
    Are you scum here SuperJack?
    No. I am not Scum.

Defending poor play= Scum?

If I was defending scummy play sure that is questionable.

But because I don't act like a Dick and attack people for playing poorly, I'm scum?
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

32. ISO #32

In an unrelated story, I really hate the fact that my posts get caught in the moderator or whatever.

We may not need the powers that Luigi/ Yoshi possess. They're there to buff town in the event of a Serial Killer springing up. Town has the tools to find scum without needing a Vigilante and another potential Sheriff.

You don't know how this was balanced.
    Mario could be extremely useful to us.
    Don't make Mario play like a survivor >.>

Also, we don't know that every PR is unique, we could have 2 of same role just for fact that we lynch a counter claimer when they are both same role.

33. ISO #33

No. I am not Scum.

Defending poor play= Scum?

If I was defending scummy play sure that is questionable.

But because I don't act like a Dick and attack people for playing poorly, I'm scum?
    You are scum for saying every post of mine is scummy and having a vote on me before I even vote.
    You are literally pushing me for horrible reasons.

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Okay.

I have decided:
    -vote SuperJack

Few reasons:
    1) He is annoying me. [Biggest one]
    2) He is framing every one of my posts to be scum posts.
    3) His initial reasoning for lynching mario is terrible.
    1) Deal with it. You are only getting annoyed because you let yourself.
    2) I'm questioning your posts because I know you can play better, maybe your mood is off-putting
    3) Not my idea, I agreed with Celix reasoning about Mario.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

36. ISO #36

Host meta is stupid IMO.

Once Toadstool is converted, Luigi and Yoshi can use their powers. They are not informed of powers being unlocked.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

You are scum for saying every post of mine is scummy and having a vote on me before I even vote.
    You are literally pushing me for horrible reasons.
    I'm not even pushing you. I am just criticising your posts.

It's not me acting so bad. I'm being reasonable here.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

Here is a suggestion:

Mario reveals YET we do not lynch him.
    If he changes then he can be shot by the Vigi.
    Well, that was a good idea...until we found out that they don't know when they unlock their abilities.

I've looked over at Mario's abilities and results and I've come to the conclusion that investigative roles are nerfed in this setup. He's no exception to that rule.

If Mario dies as town, then he's way more likely to win than as a Neutral/ Lover. It's the optimal move for them to reveal and die before they are converted.

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

Okay I change my mind.
    Mario, you are town right now.

Just reveal and let yourself be lynched.
    We don't need you turning into a SK.
    Pros and Cons to:
    1) Not Revealing?
    2) Revealing and No-Lynch?
    3) Revealing and Lynch?
    3.2) Lynch scum looking player > Lynch Mario/
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

45. ISO #45

I'm not Princess Toadstool. Wish I was though sometimes.
    Maybe I wasn't clear.
    Perhaps that was only half a thought on a page.
    The last line was, if we deny princess Toadstool, we stop 2 townies getting their abilities. to -> two
    Was eating lunch at the time, now I'm ready on my computer.
    I love Iced_Monopoly.

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

Does Mallow healing prevent Toadstool Capture?
    Does Luigi lose his shot if he "tries" to shoot but can't because there was no conversion?

Just some small things that were niggling at me.
    I love Iced_Monopoly.

48. ISO #48

Fixed cards:

Luigi
    You show up as a toad to Koopa.
    If Mario and/or Princess Toadstool change alignment, you have ONE vigilante night shot that bypasses immunity and will show up as a non toad to Koopa.

Yoshi
    You show up as a toad to Koopa.
    If Mario and/or Princess Toadstool change alignment, you can check a player's alignment at night and will show up as a non toad to Koopa.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

49. ISO #49

I guess Luigi can just try and shoot Mario every night until Mario dies or some shit.

I think my initial idea is more fool-proof, however.
    I can see Luigi visiting everynight with a gun whilst Mario sleeps.
    Each night, Luigi crys silently, hating Mario for always getting the attention and girls.
    But each night, the gun Jams, and he goes home with a broken heart, hand shaking sweat pouring from him, heart beating like Chris Brown's partner.
    Yet, he still goes back every night.
    Then, one night, gun at his face. Mario awakes:
    "Luigi"?
    click-BANG
    Marios brains splattered all over the pillow, a knife drops from Marios hand.
    Luigi has finally done it. No more will he be the underdog.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

50. ISO #50

I can see Luigi visiting everynight with a gun whilst Mario sleeps.
    Each night, Luigi crys silently, hating Mario for always getting the attention and girls.
    But each night, the gun Jams, and he goes home with a broken heart, hand shaking sweat pouring from him, heart beating like Chris Brown's partner.
    Yet, he still goes back every night.
    Then, one night, gun at his face. Mario awakes:
    "Luigi"?
    click-BANG
    Marios brains splattered all over the pillow, a knife drops from Marios hand.
    Luigi has finally done it. No more will he be the underdog.
    This was. Graphic. Can I ask for it to be in a spoiler by host edit/mod edit/I don't want to read that anymore.
    I love Iced_Monopoly.