1. ISO #751

2. ISO #752

Re: S-FM 167: Standard

Here's my ISO on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Fuck whatever discussion I'm disrupting. A WILD ISO APPEARS:

I hope these quotes actually work.

[context: a response to an argument about the benefits of lynching]

- "there are pros and cons [for lynching]" - Empty fluff that inflates the post length

- Poor reasoning for a lynch (focuses on still having a majority, not a fantastic argument if I've ever heard one)

- Vague labels for who he wants lynched. He does not mention any names on his own. Some buzzwords used with little elaboration on why focusing on them is important

[context: in response to a question asking for his scum-reads]

- Thinks Yukitaka is the best target for a Day 1 lynch. Since he's new, he is unlikely to be aware that this is Yukitaka's usual schtick. His focus on the lurkers (aka, a policy lynch) strikes me as a null read (lurkers can be game-breaking little shits, it is largely agreed).

- Claims RLVG and ika are scum, does not elaborate on what about their posts is giving him scummy vibes.

- Gives an argument against Iced using reasoning that already appears in the thread (indirect sheeping, perhaps?). Brushes everyone else off as a neutral - the tactic of lazy scum or inattentive town alike.

[context: in response to a question on who he would vote/ town reads] - Note that he plays reactively, only giving information when prompted. This may be a feature of his playing style, however.

- Not only suspects Yuki (normal behaviour), but thinks they are the best lynch candidate despite superior evidence against Mikecall (took place after he flailed and give up). He then proceeds to vote Yuki, claiming that he would switch back to Mikecall later (a promise he did not live up to).

- Says I am his best town read. Possible. It should be noted that I'm the person asking him the questions, so it can be interpreted as flattery to stroke my ego.

- His notorious 'Zekrom is legit m8s' post is here. He claims Zekrom's posts are 'vital' (wicked hyperbole) and contain 'interesting' analysis (flattery or bigging up a team mate). I would say that Zekrom's contribution has been generic thus far and not worthy of such praise.

[context: after Frog had posted his reads]

Firstly, who the hell forgets about Frog, one of the most active posters town had? Secondly, it comes across as buddying up to an experienced town in order to throw shade on them later when Suntax flips scum. It's enough of a scummy staple tactic for me to believe he was trying it.

[context: in response to queries about why he voted Yuki and why he's dropped his town read on Zekrom]

- Defends his vote 'to put across his point'? That's not helpful when we don't really know what his point is. This is where he outright claims to switch to the main lynch train and does not.

- Zekrom is town because he gave more information to analyse than Yuki, ika, toadette. I'm not great with logic or debates, but I'm pretty sure that's some form of false equivalence (these people are scummier, so Zekrom is town is basically his argument).

- Is hesitant about Toadette. I'm reading this as a potential town who doesn't know what to say to Toadette's minimalist posts. A more opportunistic scum would try and make more of a case against her.

- His next post asks what an iso is; a perfectly legit question. However, he never makes an ISO or brings up this point again.

- Shit-post. Plays right along with Yuki, his main suspect (supposedly)

- Repeat of whatever logical failing this falls under. Town-tells, you're doing it wrong.

Correct: This person has done X, Y and Z townie things which benefit town in this manner and can potentially hurt scum due to A, D and F. They are most likely town.

Incorrect: This person is less scummy and has 'better posts' (whatever this means; I'm assuming he thinks quantity>quality) than A, B, C and D, so he is really likely to be town.

- Wants people to know he'll be offline and unable to answer questions. Nothing much to see here.

[context: POD revealed as Detective; Zekrom claims Sheriff under some voting pressure]

- In light of his other posts, I read this as a scum who is eager to draw out two TPRs (since POD is now legit, I guess) so Doctor is stretched thin. He also claims that a counter-claim is the ONLY way that we can determine how scummy Zekrom is.

- Sheeps onto the flawed idea of Frog being Actress using the reasoning suggested by RLVG and myself. It's not a terrible point, I have to admit.

- Makes a point I agree with about the stupidity of fast lynching (literally no reason to do this whatsoever).

- Who gives a shit about an EXECUTIONER'S Last Will? He is almost as uninformed as us townie plebs and isn't town. Possible diversion tactic; Frog's flip and how this affects the posts he made would have been more useful to debate.

- Claims his opinion on Zekrom is a fact? It doesn't explain his Day 1 buddying.

- Makes a valid point in the shit argument that I presented, but this is undermined by his continued rationalization of Zekrom being 'the least evil' as a reason to town-read someone.

- If we have a Detective, then Sheriff isn't insta-guaranteed. Most of the players have been online and seen his claim, so time will tell wherever any counters him or not. I think it's a point that town would make, however.

Conclusion: Either a new town who's unaware of how suspicious their posts are or a scum that is playing the game straight and trying to lie low. Discuss.

3. ISO #753

Ok firstly I am very new to this pace of game as I am used to playing epicmafia pace and type of game and there version of scum is different to this I must admit
    secondly
    on the case of me forgetting frog it was early and I was not in the mood to post but I did and I entirely forgot about most of the players in game frog included
    in other points I have no opinion on them

4. ISO #754

In fact, why are you so in favour of blindly lynching without considering the person's defense? You did it with Mikecall, continued the behaviour to an extent with Zekrom and now you are actively trying to hinder our ability to make an informed lynch.

You have yet to give insight into your thoughts processes here. Explanation, please.

@Suntax, I made a post with what I wanted as a defense. Role claim, night actions and an explanation/ justification for those night actions included.
    mike calimed to be sheriff and used the defence of "town cant win if im dead due to my role" and that is commonly used as scum

zekrom had a detcievive guilty on him so there was noting to consider

5. ISO #755

6. ISO #756

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    like i dunno where you are but im done with a game phase 12 hrs in and much rather lynch in the first 24 then stall to day end. go look at the large FM and how many no-lynches happend
    We are not no lynching. We are using the lovely amount of time we have left to use this to hunt for the last of the scum.

Some people actually like to play.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

7. ISO #757

8. ISO #758

9. ISO #759

10. ISO #760

Quote Originally Posted by Suntax View Post
    Superjack you have just announced that I'm getting lynchedcno matter what I say so is there a point of my defence
    I said Scum. Didn't specify you unless you are admitting to being scum. If there are any better options other than you then they go. But right now you are the one on the plank.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

11. ISO #761

Ok firstly I am very new to this pace of game as I am used to playing epicmafia pace and type of game and there version of scum is different to this I must admit
    secondly
    on the case of me forgetting frog it was early and I was not in the mood to post but I did and I entirely forgot about most of the players in game frog included
    in other points I have no opinion on them
    Epicmafia has a fair amount of citizen (Villager) roles in most of the setups. I may not be an expert on epicmafia meta, but I believe that the school of thought of Citizens as the most active, independent towns who take the initiative and try to take the night kill away from TPRs applies there as well. The way you've behaved is the opposite of this as your behaviour is more like a scum trying to cruise through.

How would you defend your general behaviour as being in the best interests of the town? Using quotes/ material from your own posts is highly encouraged.

Also, we have enough time to change votes. You just announced with your 'why bother defending myself' post that you aren't truly interested in moving the lynch away from a confirmed town (in your eyes).

Unless, of course, you are not town.

@ika, claiming that we're stalling the day out to a no-lynch is a weak argument. We're trying to inform ourselves and your actions clearly aim to prevent that.

We also have until December 6th. It's still December 5th here. There aren't as many lurkers in this game as in the main FM for obvious reasons. I feel that your concerns about no-lynching are somewhat exaggerated as a result.

12. ISO #762

13. ISO #763

14. ISO #764

@ika, claiming that we're stalling the day out to a no-lynch is a weak argument. We're trying to inform ourselves and your actions clearly aim to prevent that.

We also have until December 6th. It's still December 5th here. There aren't as many lurkers in this game as in the main FM for obvious reasons. I feel that your concerns about no-lynching are somewhat exaggerated as a result.
    I never said it was the main reason did i? it is a single reaosn that others might care for. read my other post and then come back to me.

15. ISO #765

16. ISO #766

I never said it was the main reason did i? it is a single reaosn that others might care for. read my other post and then come back to me.
    Which post are you talking about?

Your cold foot? Put a slipper on then.

Your post about suntax giving up? I'll channel POD here.

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    wtf town wouldve never surrender because town always knows hes right

17. ISO #767

18. ISO #768

19. ISO #769

Well I did not claim I just stated that If I'm getting lynched there is no point in my defense
    That's not what a town would say. A town, knowing that lynching them = mislynch, would give a defense so that people may be inclined to vote another suspect. Thus, the odds of lynching a scum increase.

20. ISO #770

21. ISO #771

Here's my ISO on you.
    I want an ISO with individual quotes and not everything mish-mashed into one. Makes it easier and there's a nice button on the top of quote which takes you to the post.

Superjack you have just announced that I'm getting lynchedcno matter what I say so is there a point of my defence
    I wanna lynch Yewki Dunno, but now you're making yourself look damn scummy.

22. ISO #772

no im refering to why i want a lynch already. i work on a short timeframe.
    So your argument is that we should act like we're in a more fast-paced game, despite not having roles that are appropriate for such a timescale? I don't think that argument works too well in setups where there are no power roles whatsoever.

If your food's getting cold, eat it first before going on a computer/ device with internet. Or do what I do and never eat warm food. You are what you eat and all.

@RLVG, that post does link back to the original quote, surely?

23. ISO #773

So your argument is that we should act like we're in a more fast-paced game, despite not having roles that are appropriate for such a timescale? I don't think that argument works too well in setups where there are no power roles whatsoever.

If your food's getting cold, eat it first before going on a computer/ device with internet. Or do what I do and never eat warm food. You are what you eat and all.

@RLVG, that post does link back to the original quote, surely?
    not really you got the point now, but now you get why i am acting how i am. if ppl want to stall it out im fine with it just expect me to just poke in every now and then and say can we lynch.

cus i mean this game is slow right now and i my other games are boring as well

24. ISO #774

25. ISO #775

26. ISO #776

like if i were to make an argument when we lynch i say we sepnd 24 hrs dicussion with vots and stuff and the other 24 conslidating onto a lynch so that in the last 6-12 we have one if not 2 solid wagons going where we can get the most info but i dont care that much about the game to put the effort to it to do such things when we are already ahead

27. ISO #777

not really you got the point now, but now you get why i am acting how i am. if ppl want to stall it out im fine with it just expect me to just poke in every now and then and say can we lynch.

cus i mean this game is slow right now and i my other games are boring as well
    Rest assured, you'll get your wish of a lynch.

However, you are dealing with other players who want to have a slow game with lots of speculation, interrogations and twiddling thumbs.

argument
    ˈɑːɡjʊm(ə)nt/
    noun
    an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
    "I've had an argument with my father"

a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory.

"there is a strong argument for submitting a formal appeal"

If you're bored, I can suggest working on the details of that setup idea that I helped inspire before you go over the kinks with RLVG ;D

28. ISO #778

29. ISO #779

like if i were to make an argument when we lynch i say we sepnd 24 hrs dicussion with vots and stuff and the other 24 conslidating onto a lynch so that in the last 6-12 we have one if not 2 solid wagons going where we can get the most info but i dont care that much about the game to put the effort to it to do such things when we are already ahead
    It's a valid base for a day strategy for Day 4/5. At the moment, we have two potential suspects and Suntax has been acting in a way that suggests he may be scum.

30. ISO #780

31. ISO #781

a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory.

"there is a strong argument for submitting a formal appeal"

If you're bored, I can suggest working on the details of that setup idea that I helped inspire before you go over the kinks with RLVG ;D
    But what im saying is not trying to get support overall? its jsut a personal prefrence thing. read the next post and come back to me again.

you read up. so now you realize what i say is more personal prefrence and i dont care tabot trying to convince about it?

32. ISO #782

33. ISO #783

But what im saying is not trying to get support overall? its jsut a personal prefrence thing. read the next post and come back to me again.

you read up. so now you realize what i say is more personal prefrence and i dont care tabot trying to convince about it?
    It seems that there's a long list of personal preferences and playing styles that I am still in the dark about. If you could just mention a couple of S-FMs where you've demonstrated this personal preference, that would be lovely. I'd just like to see other games where you've shown this, that's all.

@RLVG, do you want me to link to the original post again? It's #531 for your information.

34. ISO #784

35. ISO #785

36. ISO #786

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    If you're doing an ISO, I'd rather that you quote each post in a list, rather than putting everything unquoted under a single quote.

What to do :

What not to do :
    So I have to re-paste his quotes into another post? Maybe it's because it's getting late and I'm tired, but that sounds kind of redundant since I've already made the ISO.

Sorry, I really don't understand what you're asking of me here.

37. ISO #787

38. ISO #788

39. ISO #789

Sorry, I really don't understand what you're asking of me here.
    I'm lazy headed at the moment and when I read your post about "This is the ISO I made", the post you quoted didn't include the posts it containted so I was like "Ahuh..."

I didn't check the actual post until my realization, so I'm truly the idiot here.

40. ISO #790

41. ISO #791

I'm lazy headed at the moment and when I read your post about "This is the ISO I made", the post you quoted didn't include the posts it containted so I was like "Ahuh..."

I didn't check the actual post until my realization, so I'm truly the idiot here.
    oH good, we can be idiots together alongside other things, yay.

Also we obviously lynch Suntax since we have the most vote on hm and tha'ts easier. We'd need like, the whole next day to get anything out of Yuki since pressuring him would be like squeezing blood out of a stone.

42. ISO #792

43. ISO #793

44. ISO #794

I don't know what Yuki is, if it's a He, She or It. One thing is for sure though, Scum might want to keep them alive as scumbait.

I'm all up for pressuring Yuki tomorrow, moving my vote.

-vote Suntax
    Go with 'he'. EVERYONE ON THIS PLANET ON THE INTERNET IS A GUY. GIRL JUST STANDS FOR GUY IN REAL LIFE, KK?

Guess that's one plus side of scummy people. Makes the Doctor's job easier, not that they've been doing a great jb at that.

By the way, shoutout to Mikecall and Zekrom for lurking. Love ya, boys ;*

45. ISO #795

Go with 'he'. EVERYONE ON THIS PLANET ON THE INTERNET IS A GUY. GIRL JUST STANDS FOR GUY IN REAL LIFE, KK?
    TRIGGERED

Guess that's one plus side of scummy people. Makes the Doctor's job easier, not that they've been doing a great jb at that.
    Or way worse.

46. ISO #796

47. ISO #797

48. ISO #798

Scum being Scummy? Okay, Doctor will likely heal the Town.
    Scum being Towny and the Town being Scummy? Okay, Doctor will likely heal the Scum. GG.
    This is why town shouldn't try and be scummy. Optimal move for town is to all act townie and do it in such a way that scum can't tell who the real PR roles are. This forces them to actually read the chat. Furthermore, scum will have to participate when everyone else does or else get fucked with policy lynches. Therefore, they'll make more slips and since everyone else will be trying their best to work directly towards hunting down the scum, there won't be many other suspects. Most importantly, it's more fun because there's more participation.

I don't know if this makes sense but yeah, lurking and trolling and shit =/= strategy.

49. ISO #799

I don't know what Yuki is, if it's a He, She or It. One thing is for sure though, Scum might want to keep them alive as scumbait.

I'm all up for pressuring Yuki tomorrow, moving my vote.

-vote Suntax
    ^)o.o)>-v)o.o)v Stab!

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

50. ISO #800