FM VI Signups - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: FM VI Signups

1. ISO #101

2. ISO #102

Re: FM VI Signups

I'm a little confused: isn't Zane (Warren) the person who trolled incessantly as a citizen and got the town to waste a lynch on him because he did nothing but act like scum? Was there some deeper strategy behind that that I missed, not being a player in that game?
    FMII: Armorsmith | FMIII: Napoli Godfather | FMIV: Arsonist | FMV: Doctor | FMVI: Greed | FMVIII: Consigliere | FMXVI: Citizen | MFMXVII: Bus Driver | FMXX: Mason

Il giusto è solo chi sa fingerlo meglio

3. ISO #103

Quote Originally Posted by vornksr View Post
    I'm a little confused: isn't Zane (Warren) the person who trolled incessantly as a citizen and got the town to waste a lynch on him because he did nothing but act like scum? Was there some deeper strategy behind that that I missed, not being a player in that game?
    He meant Zack, I'm guessing
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student

4. ISO #104

Since there are going to be unlimited sign ups, and therefore going to be people playing with lower post counts and are going to be the most likely to lose interest very quickly, I would like to suggest that there is something like a 36 hour period between the role PM's and Day 1 where everyone has to comfirm there role, therefore catching anyone who isn't going to play before the game starts. Would help catch the sulking citizens or completely AFK power roles before the game starts, and deal with the changes before anything happens, imo.

5. ISO #105

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    Since there are going to be unlimited sign ups, and therefore going to be people playing with lower post counts and are going to be the most likely to lose interest very quickly, I would like to suggest that there is something like a 36 hour period between the role PM's and Day 1 where everyone has to comfirm there role, therefore catching anyone who isn't going to play before the game starts. Would help catch the sulking citizens or completely AFK power roles before the game starts, and deal with the changes before anything happens, imo.
    Well, that's an idea, but what's the remedy for this? Say a bunch of citizens don't report back. Then the game becomes unbalanced due to town having a bunch of power roles and no citizens.

"Simple take out some of the roles and add citizens"
    So giving players different roles, essentially punishing players who got good roles because others sulked about it and didn't want to play anymore? that's not fair

Now I agree that anyone who does not counter PM within the 36 hours that ISNT a citizen can be punished by merely having their role taken and away and given to a citizen and they become one in return, but there are two problems with this.

1. What punishment can be given to citizens who dont report back?
    2. What is the remedy for inactive citizens?
    3. If mafia know that all the citizens will be inactive, it only gives them more reason to take out talkative people since they know only scum and citizens would stay quiet because only town benefits from more discussion.
    Last edited by ; November 14th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

8. ISO #108

1) Yes, I meant Zack: I remember getting them mixed up all the time in FM III.... good times....
    2) Of all of the proposed anti-lurker strategies, I like Dust's idea. It makes sense, but is it even necessary or helpful? I don't necessarily think that any form of PM would prevent people from losing interest.....
    AKA Othnia (Battle.net ID): formerly in FMs II-XII.

9. ISO #109

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    And the debate begins...

I suggest this: That each player gets a PM - but not a role PM. They respond to that in order to receive their role. That way (nearly) every player will respond because they have no idea on what role they get. This removes the possibility if citizens not responding and having to punish power roles.
    What would that do except give the host double the initial start up work? The issue here isn't an actually AFK player, it's the role-rage-quitter, who's just going to role-rage-quit anyways even if there's an extra step.

I would suggest that if it is expected for so many cits will rage-quit, send out a few more cits than you would want in a balanced game instead of exactly how many you'd prefer. It's a variable, but there's variables all over the place, what's one more?

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111
    Fragos

How about possible inclusion of Electro Maniac in the role list?

12. ISO #112

Late /sign

Only just managed to get my account working but hey it says unlimited signups so I'll take a chance
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

Quote Originally Posted by Ganondorf View Post
    Wait... Didn't you win in FM II?
    Nope he was culted

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

Quote Originally Posted by philie View Post
    its okay the better player you are the lower wl you have
    No. I think vorn is a great player and he has 66% win ratio, are you saying SAS is a better player than vorn?

24. ISO #124

Quote Originally Posted by McPwnage View Post
    so pumped, I would have sworn I was alive for less than 16 days... always feels like im being killed off
    Well you've survived longer than monster in most games

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

Quote Originally Posted by philie View Post
    dont be so critical Deathfire, i was cheering people up.
    Yeah, you are good at cheering people up..... I was merely stating.....the facts

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    it doesnt need words to cheer people up philie

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

34. ISO #134

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    FYI everyone, I will pretend to be someone this time around. I will not say who I will pretend to be. So guess when we get our accounts...
    If you want to be anonymous your going to have to make another account and unsign with your main.. However, once we see the random no one. There is no point in doing that.

So no anonymity this game.
    Player Report Guidelines: Click Here
    *Guidelines likely out of date

Spoiler : Forum Mafia :
    | | FMVII: Citizen (W) | FMVI: Pride (W) | FMVIII: Ghost (L) | FMIX: Proletarian (W) | FMX: Student (L) | FMXI: Co-Host | FMXII: Fool (W) |
    I saw your party join...

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

Quote Originally Posted by Goonswarm View Post
    Honestly last FM was insanely fun for me. I really enjoyed the character and tried to make the game more fun via death notes and other things. I hope the next FM is just as fun.
    I know exactly how you feel, I would always try to make a really good death note. Also....

I want Anonymity, I had to perfect plan to impersonate someone X.X

37. ISO #137

If any of you are planning on impersonating me, be prepared to die n1.

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

38. ISO #138

Quote Originally Posted by FalseTruth View Post
    If any of you are planning on impersonating me, be prepared to die n1.
    nope, not you, guess again

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfire123 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel, I would always try to make a really good death note. Also....

I want Anonymity, I had to perfect plan to impersonate someone X.X
    No one has impersonated me before, so feel free to me.

Also, I have to agree that I couldn't realy see anyone trying to impersonate False.

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

I actually think that a non-anonymous game would be cool, like old times.... knowing your potential allies and enemies just adds a whole 'nuther layer of strategy to the game that really makes things interesting. I'm also pretty sure that newer players like Muso have demonstrated that newbies are worth listening to, so I don't think that would be an issue...
    AKA Othnia (Battle.net ID): formerly in FMs II-XII.

44. ISO #144

@Ganondorf, inb4 everything happens to Goon, False, Elixir, and Yayap N1

45. ISO #145

46. ISO #146
    S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

I'd be getting an infraction for joining due to my nazi-affifiliation. I think you should watch out, guys. He might report you for your vulgar and obscene work.

47. ISO #147
    Fragos

Before the Forum Mafia game officially starts, can we see the current roles that are going to be used there? How they will be named in current theme? What will be the approximate role list for 40-50 players?
    Last edited by ; November 16th, 2011 at 11:34 AM.

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernox View Post
    Just finished reading Forum Mafias 1 and 2. Awesome stuff.
    You deffinatly need to read Fm3 thou, the best of all
    FM-veteran
    FM0:orange Mafioso -- FM1: orange Mafia Consort -- FM2: Citizen/Mason -- FM3: Serialkiller -- FM4: Jester -- FM5: Godfather -- FM7: Coroner
    Killcount so far: 22

Oh, and I sometimes use hyphens - it's a German-thing :3

50. ISO #150