Mason Buff
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Mason Buff

1. ISO #1

Mason Buff

Masons are definitely underused as town roles in the current metagame. I propose fixing this by allowing masons to vote at night to find out what happens to people at night.

Let me explain:

Suppose Players 1, 2, 3 are all masons. Player 4 is a witch. Player 5 is a doctor. Player 6 is a mafioso. Player 7 is a citizen

On night 1: Player 4 controls the mafia to kill player 7. Player 5 heals player 7.
    Masons vote on a player to "visit". Two masons vote for player 7 and one votes for player 5.

When night actually begins, ALL THREE MASONS , are told that player 7 was attacked and healed.

If they were to investigate player 6 they would be told he was witched.
    If they were to investigate player 5 they would be told nothing happened.

Post comments and thoughts below.

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

2. ISO #2
    wightsnow

Re: Mason Buff

Unnecessary if cult ever gets implemented.

3. ISO #3
    CrazedSeal

Masons dont need a buff. Its due to the fact that public games are full of nubs who like to random lynch.

Masons power comes late game when, if all survive, can turn the tide due to the fact that if 3 masons confront 3 mafia, and theres a townie, masons have a good advantage.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

I feel like having multiple confirmed town is enough of a buff, even with Cult delayed. If Masons wait till late game, they have massive voting power and can end up leading town. If they reveal early on, Sheriffs and Invests can save 2+ nights by checking other people.

Plus, if Spy can hear Masons, that's ANOTHER confirmed town easily gained. Last time I played Spy in a Mason game, I revealed to the Masons by saying the same thing that they did immediately on the 1st day (something about needing a "unified front" for voting - I remember it was a very distinctive phrase). It screwed me that game since the Masons were stupid and assumed I was some sort of weird super-Mafia-Spy, but with intelligent players, you can end up with a LOT of confirmed town right off the bat. 2+ Masons + Spy is one of the best setups for town, if you ask me.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    Cult is being delayed.
    I think this would be a better alternative to cult, although that's just my opinion.

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle