M-FM XXVII Modifiers Gamethread - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: M-FM Modifiers

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM The Prince of Shadow View Post
    I'd rather not lynch either. Jester dies we lose the Jester, and potentially a town. Executioner's target dies then we lose a potential town. Although both could be scum, it's not a risk I want to take this early into the game when we don't even have a clue to the rolelist.
    I'm just saying - That gives us confirmed roles in the rolelist. Which would give us a starting point.

2. ISO #202

Jester: "Hey guys! I'm an unlynchable! Lynch me so I can prove it!"
    I really do doubt that. And I always found jester arguments as a pretty shallow argument. No matter what every lynch we do until the end there will be that risk of 'he could be a jester'

This move is a happy mix between no-lynch and a lynch. Prince should want this as well. I would like to see more people get behind it and drop these other senseless trains.

3. ISO #203

4. ISO #204

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM -name RandomVillagerTheBrave View Post
    I'm just saying - That gives us confirmed roles in the rolelist. Which would give us a starting point.
    We'll know some Neutral Benigns and one other person that's dead. Not worth it in the long run.

Also, yes, Town could be minority, but potentially killing some makes that worse. Not worth it until AT LEAST tomorrow when some night stuff has happened and we can get a clue to the role-list.

5. ISO #205

It's easy to ask people to get behind your lynch.
    Its another to have a good basis on that lynch.

maybe im being stupid but Id rather go into n2 with no one confirmed so that scum dont have a good target to attack and have to do guesswork. also we could have jailor just jail and execute the exe. that would confirm him being exe

6. ISO #206

7. ISO #207

It's easy to ask people to get behind your lynch.
    Its another to have a good basis on that lynch.

maybe im being stupid but Id rather go into n2 with no one confirmed so that scum dont have a good target to attack and have to do guesswork. also we could have jailor just jail and execute the exe. that would confirm him being exe
    This.

8. ISO #208

9. ISO #209

The champ is happy to see that people with a brain do exist in this game. He is shaking his head at everyone that thinks helping out an Executioner is a good idea this early into the game with no information to use. The superstar also wants to point out that calling him a lurker is very poor form as the game has only been going on for 15h, nowhere near enough to make such outrageous claims. He also wants to remind everyone that he didn't become a superstar by being a lazy person. A superstar always knows what he is doing or else he wouldn't be a superstar.

Anyone advocating to support the Executioner should be seen with a heavy amount of suspicion.

10. ISO #210

11. ISO #211

The towns strength is in numbers (in most games). The scum eliminate those numbers and do not need information to make informed decisions- because they just have to kill people not on their team and it benefits them. This means its stupid to stall unless you are not town. This lynch I am pushing is the only one that makes sense. John Cena's train is an anti-town move and Big Brother's train may as well be a total random lynch.

If you do not have the stomach to take any action at all please do not lobby against this idea.

12. ISO #212

13. ISO #213

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Simon Says View Post
    The towns strength is in numbers (in most games). The scum eliminate those numbers and do not need information to make informed decisions- because they just have to kill people not on their team and it benefits them. This means its stupid to stall unless you are not town. This lynch I am pushing is the only one that makes sense. John Cena's train is an anti-town move and Big Brother's train may as well be a total random lynch.

If you do not have the stomach to take any action at all please do not lobby against this idea.
    "The town has numbers as its strength. We should lynch to potentially make those numbers smaller while highly unlikely lynching a scum. Anyone who wants to keep town people alive is scummy"

14. ISO #214

I would like to announce our new town leader:

M-FM Watertaker!

Everyone give him a round of applause.

He will be leading this town and making sure we stay on track.

His responsibilities:
    Filling open positions for our government
    Deciding what train we should be on
    Taking away positions to bad government employees.

It will be a difficult job, but I believe in him.

15. ISO #215

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Waterbringer View Post

M-FM Watertaker!

His responsibilities:

A guy that hasn't even talked if I'm correct.

Great choice.

If people actually fucking listen to you this town is hopeless.

16. ISO #216

A guy that hasn't even talked if I'm correct.

Great choice.

If people actually fucking listen to you this town is hopeless.

The town will not follow me.

They will follow Watertaker. He is our leader. I will follow him to the ends of the world and back.

You need to fall in line and be a good townie.

17. ISO #217

You advocate the need to lynch today, I don't believe we need to. There are a ton of lurkers who havent shown up yet. People like Sign. Rex. over there clearly dont even care. There are others like Prince of Shadow who are against seemingly everything. People like me who feel all d1 needs is a ton of communication. There are people like Waterbringer who are realy good trolls or try to organize town on d1.

And yeah sure we can confirm Daredevil as unlynchable should that be what he is. But are we going to get the votes? Do we even need to lynch a unlynchable on d1?

You state that if we are going to lynch someone today we lynch daredevil. Thats logical.
    I return with do we even need to lynch anyone today?
    I don't really think you have thought through with lynching vs non lynching beyond the "you wanna lynch? Lynch player x because reasons"
    D1 lynches historically result in you lynching town much more often than you lynch scum.

18. ISO #218

M-FM Watertaker!

His responsibilities:

They will follow Watertaker. He is our leader. I will follow him to the ends of the world and back.

This is scummy

19. ISO #219

20. ISO #220

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM John Cena View Post
    Anyone advocating to support the Executioner should be seen with a heavy amount of suspicion.
    Raises hand.

Not one person thought it was a good idea except for me.

I went into it sheep hunting.
    Part way through when forced to defend the idea I actually bought into it.

The most compelling argument against your lynch is not: don't trust neuts.
    It's: Unknown setup is looking low Town concentration, heavy neut concentration. If Cena were Town, it could be devastating.

-unvote

21. ISO #221

I'm not going to listen to someone just because they have a half assed title. Would you listen to me if I suddenly called myself Town Leader?

22. ISO #222

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

Ok. Let me break this down a little further. Everyone is dead set on playing skin deep D1 which is disappointing.

DareDevil's play as a potential gambit puts him in a great situation to lurk and be ignored through out the game. It would be a decent play for scum to make early on in that although it draws attention off the bat it has a great potential to fade into the background within the day. Combine it with this statement
    Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Daredevil View Post
    I'll probably just ride whichever train has the most votes.
    and you have a player positioning himself well if he were scum and in favor of a lynch regardless of who or why. This post would also allow him to fall back to later on if he was accused of flip flopping votes later in the day/game. This is all very consistent with a scum play.

By pushing a train on him it is calling his bluff. If he is scum he will be forced to recant his role claim and give another claim- which would put a lot of focus on him that we can use later. If he is as he says he is confirmed and the town gains useful information that will pay off in the late game. (By that I mean its GREAT to know who your neutrals are in the late game. They can really do great things to help the scum teams win)

Maybe this will put a little more context on why I am pushing the idea?

25. ISO #225

I'm not going to listen to someone just because they have a half assed title. Would you listen to me if I suddenly called myself Town Leader?

It depends on if you called yourself Town Leader first. I beat you to the punch by giving that title to someone else.

Its all about who was there first and calls dibs.

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

28. ISO #228

29. ISO #229

Ok. Let me break this down a little further. Everyone is dead set on playing skin deep D1 which is disappointing.

DareDevil's play as a potential gambit puts him in a great situation to lurk and be ignored through out the game. It would be a decent play for scum to make early on in that although it draws attention off the bat it has a great potential to fade into the background within the day. Combine it with this statement and you have a player positioning himself well if he were scum and in favor of a lynch regardless of who or why. This post would also allow him to fall back to later on if he was accused of flip flopping votes later in the day/game. This is all very consistent with a scum play.

By pushing a train on him it is calling his bluff. If he is scum he will be forced to recant his role claim and give another claim- which would put a lot of focus on him that we can use later. If he is as he says he is confirmed and the town gains useful information that will pay off in the late game. (By that I mean its GREAT to know who your neutrals are in the late game. They can really do great things to help the scum teams win)

Maybe this will put a little more context on why I am pushing the idea?
    Hm..
    Ok
    -vote M-FM Daredevil

30. ISO #230

31. ISO #231

32. ISO #232

I'm giving you the title Town Retard.

Duties: Spout useless shit
    Have no one listen to you.

Deathworlds, stop being so angry.
    I am sorry, you had a shot at being the Town Leader. You gave up that shot. You lost, its alright to lose buddy.
    I still like you, maybe Watertaker can give you a position in the government?

33. ISO #233

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

36. ISO #236

37. ISO #237

38. ISO #238

39. ISO #239

You advocate the need to lynch today, I don't believe we need to.
    You are either misunderstanding my position or I am misrepresenting it. I believe for a town to be effective they have to be willing to lynch. Because its through the pressure of a train and the approaching death of a player that-

They make mistakes and scum slip
    That their team makes mistakes and scum slips
    That we can see who interacts with who and how
    That we make progress using day chat

Without this willingness to lynch the town looses its greatest asset. Sure its great to depend on power roles and revealed night action information but that is not the heart of this game. Its behavioral analysis and teamwork through conversation. Depending on how the train goes (If I can get it off the ground) I may not be in favor of a lynch on the player at all. I am just see a lot of value in the train itself. We can leverage our position here to get information which has very real value. I think this is much better than sitting on our hands and cracking lame jokes while we prove who was too lazy to read the setup. I believe you will agree with me here.

40. ISO #240

41. ISO #241

Hm..
    Ok
    -vote M-FM Daredevil
    You are either misunderstanding my position or I am misrepresenting it. I believe for a town to be effective they have to be willing to lynch. Because its through the pressure of a train and the approaching death of a player that-

They make mistakes and scum slip
    That their team makes mistakes and scum slips
    That we can see who interacts with who and how
    That we make progress using day chat

Without this willingness to lynch the town looses its greatest asset. Sure its great to depend on power roles and revealed night action information but that is not the heart of this game. Its behavioral analysis and teamwork through conversation. Depending on how the train goes (If I can get it off the ground) I may not be in favor of a lynch on the player at all. I am just see a lot of value in the train itself. We can leverage our position here to get information which has very real value. I think this is much better than sitting on our hands and cracking lame jokes while we prove who was too lazy to read the setup. I believe you will agree with me here.
    I got it.
    :/

42. ISO #242

43. ISO #243

My PR staff has told me that it would help my image to make a personal visit here instead of talking through various channels. I do not particularly care about my public image as most people know me already as a great guy.. I mean come on, who else has fulfilled 500 wishes through the Make-A-Wish foundation? I'm seriously great.

But enough about the champ, the superstar, the WWE legend: me. Let's talk about you guys.

I am particularly relieved that my first impression of whythefucknot# was apparently not an accurate one.

Waterbringer's spam is bothersome because we have things to talk about right now, topics of importance and actual substance. It does not matter that it is d1 in this case, there was enough time to troll and honestly after a couple of posts it should be enough. It gets boring at that point.

And let me tell you.. if you do not stop discussing these meaningless secondary town roles then I will take you on..

IN A STEEL CAGE MATCH TO THE DEATH

44. ISO #244

45. ISO #245

Listen, places in life are earned, not just given by someone. Look at me, I've become a WWE Superstar because I WORKED HARD. I earned this. And the same applies to the town leader role. It is not the one who is given the title of the town leader that will lead the town, it is the one that leads the town that will earn the title of the town leader.

And just looking at everyone's contributions so far I can assure you that it is neither Watertaker nor you who are people I would call "town leaders" at the moment. In other words: start stepping up soon, 'cause otherwise you gon' get dropped in the ring!

46. ISO #246

47. ISO #247

48. ISO #248

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM John Cena View Post
    Listen, places in life are earned, not just given by someone. Look at me, I've become a WWE Superstar because I WORKED HARD. I earned this. And the same applies to the town leader role. It is not the one who is given the title of the town leader that will lead the town, it is the one that leads the town that will earn the title of the town leader.

And just looking at everyone's contributions so far I can assure you that it is neither Watertaker nor you who are people I would call "town leaders" at the moment. In other words: start stepping up soon, 'cause otherwise you gon' get dropped in the ring!
    This guy trolls and contributes at the same time. 10/10. Loving the play

Other trolls need to get on his level

49. ISO #249

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Daredevil View Post
    Strawman.

Unlynchable: "I'm unlynchable. basically a retarded survivor, you can lynch me if you dont believe me"
    Also, it's like you WANT to get lynched. Your goal is to survive to the end, even as an unlynchable being lynched doesn't help you at all, it just makes you a potential target for night shots.

50. ISO #250

This guy trolls and contributes at the same time. 10/10. Loving the play

Other trolls need to get on his level
    Name something he has contributed moron.
    Saying that I am being bad isn't a contribution to actual scum hunting, you idiot.

Cause his scum buddy Waterbringer wants him dead.
    Got any other possible theories? Dumbass.

Why is it that you favor the Big Brother Lynch over DareDevil?
    How about Big Brother hasn't contributed yet? How about DareDevil is my neighbor? How about he is a member of government now?

How about the fact that he is likely neutral and doesn't matter?
    Seriously voting him is because you have no one else, its like shit ass scum hunting.

HEY GUYS I AM SCUM HUNTING!!! I AM VOTING FOR A GUY WHO HAS NO TEAMMATES AND COULD HOENSTLY SIDE WITH US AT END!!! I AM USEFUL

You aren't. You are shit tier.