Witch Target Bug
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Witch Target Bug

Witch Target Bug.SC2Replay

Player: Jester (2)
    Bug: On the final night, (Night 5) on using witch powers, the controlled target changed unexpectedly and with no change in the UI to represent it.
    Result: Game loss.

"You will control Taking Back Tuesday." (Dragon Head)
    "You will make your victim target Flash." (Triad)
    "You changed your mind about who to target." (Realized I already have solo witch win, decided to let Triad win after all.)
    "You will make your victim target That One Girl." (Veteran with no alerts)

End Results:
    Target: Taking Back Tuesday.
    Victim's Target: That One Girl.

Actual Result:
    "You controlled That One Girl to visit ." (No name)

2. ISO #2

Re: Witch Target Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Sathranus View Post
    Result: Game loss.
    Actually your game loss had very little to do with this 'bug'. You were lacking some very crucial information.

1) Taking back tuesday wasn't dragonhead, Flash was (Yes, he lied to you, welcome to mafia ). You were trying to control the wrong person (Taking back tuesday was deceiver). Leaving flash free to shoot you for trying to betray them.

2) Taking back tuesday was deceiver, and was hiding behind you. Had you actually controlled the correct person (flash - DH) to shoot his fellow triad it still would have been you that died anyway.

Now here's why you didnt get the feedback you expected:
    Your attempted action: witch 13 to visit 12

What actually happened:
    1) you attempted to witch 13 (deceiver) to visit 12.
    2) 13 (deceiver) was hiding behind you, which redirected your action to yourself.
    3) YOU were witched into targeting 12.
    4) As you were witched to 12, your night action (witching) was applied to 12, but without having been able to designate a target for him.
    5) 12 was witched to visit no-one.

End result: You witched 12 to visit no-one.
    Thus receiving the feedback "You controlled That One Girl to visit ."

things tend to get kinda unpredictable and screwy when you deal with multiple levels of target redirection abilities being turned back on their own users. Hell, i'm not even sure that's how it went down, its just the only sequence of events i can see that explains the exact message you got. Its one of those things where you just go "well that just happened" and move on . There should be an achievement for doing it, you could call it the "mind fuck" achievement.

But yeah, the chain of actions maps out just fine (if a bit convuluted and confusingly). no bug that i can see but don't blame you for thinking there was.

I did enjoy that little "oh 13, why did you tell a witch who's in charge of the killing?" moment of gloating. Bet you feel a little silly now huh? .
    Last edited by Mentar; January 15th, 2015 at 03:34 AM.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4