M-FM XXIV Civilization Gamethread - Page 27
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: PLAYER'S CHOICE AWARD!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4pics1word/Noctiz

1 11.11%
  • Piano Tiles/Ika

0 0%
  • Bloons TD/Louiswill

0 0%
  • Words with Friends/Titus

2 22.22%
  • SnapChat/Banshis

0 0%
  • Fall Down/Helios

0 0%
  • iFunny/xRavenx

0 0%
  • Candy Crush Saga/Bahkieh

1 11.11%
  • QuizUp/Fontisian

0 0%
  • Tapatalk/Gyver

1 11.11%
  • Cut the Rope/MathBlade

0 0%
  • Flappy Bird/ThinkLiveLife

0 0%
  • Instagram/42shadow42

0 0%
  • Temple Run/Fatalis

0 0%
  • Angry Birds/Suzanne

0 0%
  • Clash of Clans/Citrus

0 0%
  • 2048/Apocist

0 0%
  • Vine/Nicole

0 0%
  • Kik/Gerik

4 44.44%
  • Fruit Ninja/deathworlds

0 0%
Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 2203
  1. ISO #1301

Re: M-FM Civilization

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy Bird View Post
    Just to be a little more clear-

Today we have 15 players. Thats 3 red, 1 sk, 1 benign which leaves 11 town. If we lynch another peaceful today then there is another 3 kills tomorrow. That would leave us with 5 scum and 7 town. Which means that tomorrow would be do or die for the town. The safe play is lynching Fruit Ninja.
    Wow. No. Just no.

Jester: You may visit a player at night to have them receive their feedback in size 1 marquee font. When you are lynched, a random Peaceseeker who voted you will die.
    First off, lynching Fruit Ninja is EXACTLY as risky as lynching a Peaceful citizen. Either way we lose an extra town during the night.

Second, we have a mayor so we're in a slightly better position (you're assuming mafia and doomsday would coordinate votes perfectly if they match our numbers)

Thirdly, what would you propose we do with Angry Birds? What, we just pass off 1-2 posts a day for the rest of the game? I do NOT want a town player that's hardcore lurking around when we reach lylo/mylo should we hit that anyways, because it's harder to lynch AND we might lynch them.

Angry Birds had pressure today and already showed that they'll respond to the pressure defensively AND that's literally all they'll do for the day.

There's no chance he's getting night killed now. We are putting ourselves in a strictly worse position if we don't lynch Angry Birds.

2. ISO #1302

3. ISO #1303

4. ISO #1304

Some folks asked why I feel that researcher would have jesterized himself. I'd like to take this time to answer that question. From my perspective the meta at the end of following was that if fruit ninja did not present feedback he/she would lynched. With this meta (I intentionally left it that way), it would be quite tempting to go jester and provoke that lynch for an easy win. Like I suggested in my last will, I believe we should assume at this point the researcher is against us, and construct the Hunger Games under the mandate that REGARDLESS of who gets the gun it be used on Fruit Ninja.

5. ISO #1305

6. ISO #1306

7. ISO #1307

8. ISO #1308

Quote Originally Posted by Clash of Clans View Post
    Wow. No. Just no.

First off, lynching Fruit Ninja is EXACTLY as risky as lynching a Peaceful citizen. Either way we lose an extra town during the night.

Second, we have a mayor so we're in a slightly better position (you're assuming mafia and doomsday would coordinate votes perfectly if they match our numbers)

Thirdly, what would you propose we do with Angry Birds? What, we just pass off 1-2 posts a day for the rest of the game? I do NOT want a town player that's hardcore lurking around when we reach lylo/mylo should we hit that anyways, because it's harder to lynch AND we might lynch them.

Angry Birds had pressure today and already showed that they'll respond to the pressure defensively AND that's literally all they'll do for the day.

There's no chance he's getting night killed now. We are putting ourselves in a strictly worse position if we don't lynch Angry Birds.
    Let me break this down for you again.

Same amount of towns/scum as previously stated.
    If we lynch Fruit and he is a jester then thats -1 player (Not -1 town. There is a difference) The difference is 1 less kill by the DD as well as 1 non-town lynched. Its not the same and it gives us reads.

That argument of lynching Angry Birds for not posting is total shit. At least the last bad lynched we pulled had the logic of "the player was lured". If ANYTHING we should be lynching a player we have been discussing most of the day. Why would you push such fallacy on the town?

In the same way that the vine lynch was a bad move- Then angry birds lynch is a bad move. Really. I expected better of you than this. To the extent that I would almost call it beguiling.

And @Baloons
    Getting rid of his vote is kind of the point. Now that you are here could you contribute something?

9. ISO #1309

Quote Originally Posted by Quizup View Post
    -vote Angry Birds

Instagram: We're not lynching Cut the Rope. Put your vote somewhere useful.

Bloons TD: What are you doing?
    Honestly Baloons has a point. There is about the same logic (or lack there of) in lynching Piano as there is in lynching Angry. Neither really makes any sense.

10. ISO #1310

11. ISO #1311

Let me break this down for you again.

Same amount of towns/scum as previously stated.
    If we lynch Fruit and he is a jester then thats -1 player (Not -1 town. There is a difference) The difference is 1 less kill by the DD as well as 1 non-town lynched. Its not the same and it gives us reads.

That argument of lynching Angry Birds for not posting is total shit. At least the last bad lynched we pulled had the logic of "the player was lured". If ANYTHING we should be lynching a player we have been discussing most of the day. Why would you push such fallacy on the town?

In the same way that the vine lynch was a bad move- Then angry birds lynch is a bad move. Really. I expected better of you than this. To the extent that I would almost call it beguiling.

And @Baloons
    Getting rid of his vote is kind of the point. Now that you are here could you contribute something?
    Dude
    Read the setup

It said 1 TOWN will die, not 1 player

12. ISO #1312

13. ISO #1313

Quote Originally Posted by Bloons TD View Post
    Maybe the best way is to lynch a random lurker so that no one has responsibility or whatsoever aftermath in this gigantic cluster F.

-vote Piano Tiles
    What in the fuck is this.

FYI Piano Tiles has cited work and it's been weekdays since D2. People should have pressured him earlier, it's likely he won't come back before day ends. And hey look, exact fucking same situation with Angry Birds.

Seriously, this is almost on Policy lynch territory. Notice how Angry Birds hasn't even fucking placed a vote

Why are multiple players suddenly hyper against lynching Angry Birds??? Looking at you Flappy Bird, Bloons TD, Instagram

14. ISO #1314

15. ISO #1315

Clash of Clans: "Oh random thought I just realized Fruit Ninja is probably a jester now"

*2 players vote Fruit Ninja*

Sometimes you guys make me want to cry just a little

Cut the Rope, you cannot say "oh hey we're exactly matching on thoughts/reads" and then just flip to they're scum

We should be lynching Angry Birds today. What do you guys want to do, just let him post twice a fucking day and nod your heads happily?? Good job showing your votes are useless pressure and 1-2 posts are sufficient to avoid even the danger of a lynch

Jk, actually crying now. What is the world coming to

16. ISO #1316

17. ISO #1317

I understand your point now.

Still a 1 neutral with a chance of 1 town vs chance of 1 town and +1 scum kill. I suppose that is quite a bit more of a balanced risk.
    No, it's not.

Doomsday killer can kill mafia again. Doomsday killer killed words with friends and he had an extra kill.

Jester kill is guaranteed to take out a town.

We need to eliminate scum, not get rid of the neutral. If we don't deal with lurkers NOW, we're going to lose because of them. We should not throw out free passes on D3.

Seriously, did you not even see FM XXI?? Someone who never posted FOR DAYS WAS MAFIA. How can you see that one game and then let it fly the next??

18. ISO #1318

19. ISO #1319

What in the fuck is this.

FYI Piano Tiles has cited work and it's been weekdays since D2. People should have pressured him earlier, it's likely he won't come back before day ends. And hey look, exact fucking same situation with Angry Birds.

Seriously, this is almost on Policy lynch territory. Notice how Angry Birds hasn't even fucking placed a vote

Why are multiple players suddenly hyper against lynching Angry Birds??? Looking at you Flappy Bird, Bloons TD, Instagram
    I just really feel that Angry is not the best option at all and I really do not want to see the late game benign backstab because of the chance that he "might be a jester". That just sucks and as rope said. No self-respecting player would intentionally turn themselves into a jester. I have more respect for Fruit Ninja as a player than that.

But just to be fair- If you open your mind to the idea of Temple and give me some thoughts on my read of him I will dig through the logic on angry again and do the same for you.

20. ISO #1320

21. ISO #1321

22. ISO #1322

23. ISO #1323

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
    Oh nvm, I targeted 2048, Candy Crush Saga and Clash o Clans
    Can any of these players verify they got any feedback?

Also this post right here:
    Yeah, but I'm saying Kik didn't agree strongly enough with that point. Everyone else who was moderately suspicious of Vine before treated that lure like the most damning evidence in the world. Kik should have latched onto that. Instead, he treated it like an afterthought.
    This REALLY hit home for me. With my reads on Kik, His mad FoS on Quizup and this I would not mind pushing a Kik lynch.

24. ISO #1324

25. ISO #1325

26. ISO #1326

OMG...I leave for a quick bite to eat before my afternoon call and this happens...I'm with Clash I'm crying over the amount of derp in this thread, albeit for different reasons.

Although with Flappy Bird trying to help remove some of this derp and the unlikeliness of them getting lynched I will give a break for now and sleep on it.

My order of priority for lynches are:
    Fruit Ninja -- remove a conf scum. If they are jestered (which IMO I will suggest a mechanics change to the mod after this if they are) then their entire purpose is to troll and not care and not be helpful keeping them on will hurt our chances at removing scum because they don't care and may not even vote. The more we wait the more likely it is we lose.
    Temple Run / Instagram -- My two top scum reads.
    Quizup -- Pretty confident they are the Serial Killer. However I'd prefer to get rid of scum first.
    No lynch -- With the other possibilities present maybe going a flat no lynch is possible. It's unlikely there is a detainer in the scum as no two mafia kill the first night. This would put the cards in the serial killers hands which IMO they have to try to hit mafia to stay alive. If mafia overtake town and the serial killer, it is likely that they will lose as well. I hate that this gives us no information though and hopes the serial killer kills mafia...But it's better than the last option to me.
    Anyone lurking -- Not enough evidence here to pick one lurker over another. This would be the equivalent of Russian Roulette and I don't like it. Informed arguments people.
    If we get to anything lower than this, it's not getting my vote.

-vote Fruit Ninja

Changing my vote just in case I have to leave for my call.

27. ISO #1327

Quote Originally Posted by Cut the Rope View Post
    OMG...I leave for a quick bite to eat before my afternoon call and this happens...I'm with Clash I'm crying over the amount of derp in this thread, albeit for different reasons.

Although with Flappy Bird trying to help remove some of this derp and the unlikeliness of them getting lynched I will give a break for now and sleep on it.

Fruit Ninja -- remove a conf scum. If they are jestered (which IMO I will suggest a mechanics change to the mod after this if they are) then their entire purpose is to troll and not care and not be helpful keeping them on will hurt our chances at removing scum because they don't care and may not even vote. The more we wait the more likely it is we lose.
    Quizup -- Pretty confident they are the Serial Killer. However I'd prefer to get rid of scum first.
    No lynch -- With the other possibilities present maybe going a flat no lynch is possible. It's unlikely there is a detainer in the scum as no two mafia kill the first night. This would put the cards in the serial killers hands which IMO they have to try to hit mafia to stay alive. If mafia overtake town and the serial killer, it is likely that they will lose as well. I hate that this gives us no information though and hopes the serial killer kills mafia...But it's better than the last option to me.
    Anyone lurking -- Not enough evidence here to pick one lurker over another. This would be the equivalent of Russian Roulette and I don't like it. Informed arguments people.

-vote Fruit Ninja

The red sentence really irks me.

28. ISO #1328

Then it does. From a mathematics stand point, and with how horrible the town track record is, the serial killer has been the only one to kill scum. They are aligned against the mafia. If the mafia get too powerful then it is game over for the town and the serial killer. We need to hit scum. Not apologizing for my opinions.

29. ISO #1329

30. ISO #1330

-vote Fruit Ninja

Care to explain your disregard for the entire discussion on Fruit Ninja?

31. ISO #1331

Awwwww I'm hurt you forgot me *sniff* (sarcastic)

But I'm against Angry Birds too for prior comments mentioned. So I guess mine isn't really all that sudden.

Instagram

Pretty sure I'm not disregarding the Fruit Ninja conversation and have been contributing throught the day on that. Some specific post you think I need to comment on? Fruit Ninja to me is the safe play now. The longer we wait the more likely we have to just have them around at end game due to likely jestering.

32. ISO #1332

33. ISO #1333

Again, I can confirm that he either is aligned with the Doomsday Killer now or he is Jester

I don't know why he'd lie about his night action if he was told his win condition changed, or else he did try to work with us and give the happiness.

Occam's razor said he's Jester now, the exact same thing Instagram just mentioned is occurring with Fruit Ninja.

@Quizup

Why the vote change??

Also, you were wrong earlier Flappy Bird or whoever about scum would be scared of lynching Jester. Town is scared of it, scum literally want it to occur for the extra death

34. ISO #1334

35. ISO #1335

-vote Fruit Ninja

If I had any inkling thought you were scum, I'd vote you like there's no tomorrow for this post. Seriously, the number of scumtells is ridiculous.

No, we're not no lynching fucking period.
    If fruit ninja is jester we are literally setting up a town to die. He hasn't been trolling, he hasn't been around at all today in fact. It's literally fucking us over if we doom an extra town to death because we just want to remove him early
    What the fuck are you talking about russian roulette on lurking oh my fucking god pulling my hair out wtf. Like seriously, they have posts and interactions and we decide on that. That's the strongest scum perspective I've ever seen on that kind of thing

Show up and fix your damn vote. I'd rather lynch you than Fruit Ninja, he's actually contributing his vote to something useful.

@Fruit Ninja
    If you're not a jester right now, sorry bro, trying to keep you alive. I hate being jester in FM's here personally

36. ISO #1336

Pretty sure I'm not disregarding the Fruit Ninja conversation and have been contributing throught the day on that. Some specific post you think I need to comment on? Fruit Ninja to me is the safe play now. The longer we wait the more likely we have to just have them around at end game due to likely jestering.
    Can I have an explanation of why you are wanting to risk the jester over using the Hunger Games gun?

37. ISO #1337

38. ISO #1338

Literally the opposite is occurring though Instagram, and you're also assuming there that Angry Birds is not scum

I did not receive any extra happiness. Either A) his win condition changed or B) he's a jester now
    I thought we had 5 votes instantly before it derailed for the exact same reason I suggested, maybe I need to read the timing again.

39. ISO #1339

40. ISO #1340

41. ISO #1341

42. ISO #1342

Because a Kik lynch will be harder to push through than an Angry Birds lynch, so I might as well push it while I'm alive.

I never even talked about the last paragraph?
    Your posts about Kik + more his defenses back are going to make me re-analyze him tonight. If we're both dead then my bad, but if you die just leave your last will and I'll re-read/engage him until I solidify a read on him. Obviously if just I am dead it doesn't matter

43. ISO #1343

Literally the opposite is occurring though Instagram, and you're also assuming there that Angry Birds is not scum

I did not receive any extra happiness. Either A) his win condition changed or B) he's a jester now
    Which means we have to lynch him NOW.

if A) He's against us. Plain and simple.
    B) If he is a jester then we have to give him his win condition in the interest of town preservation. There's no guarantee he will vote, post, or do anything to help town win. At that point it is dead weight. It would be our fault collectively as town for not hitting him day one. But if we take the hit and get rid of the researcher and the town now we have some of a chance of knowing the votes will be active.

If we take a look at worst case scenario and never lynch Fruit Ninja and get to end game where one vote makes or breaks it we're boned. Sometimes we have to take our medicine and this looks like some pretty nasty medicine for not coming together and lynching their ass day one.

@Clash -- On the hunger games gun, we have no guarantee that gun will go to a town player. It could go to scum. Again it's more Russian Roulette. With the numbers right now giving potential scum a gun is a bad sign. Also why the fuck would we discuss wonder plans in front of potential scum? I should just go buy some vinyl and break it because #brokenRecord.

44. ISO #1344

45. ISO #1345

@Clash -- On the hunger games gun, we have no guarantee that gun will go to a town player. It could go to scum. Again it's more Russian Roulette. With the numbers right now giving potential scum a gun is a bad sign. Also why the fuck would we discuss wonder plans in front of potential scum? I should just go buy some vinyl and break it because #brokenRecord.
    If it goes to a scum, then doesn't that make him confirmed scum for not shooting Fruit Ninja? amirite?

46. ISO #1346

Quote Originally Posted by Instagram View Post
    I find Cut The Rope and Flappy Bird highly suspicious for trying to swing a late game Fruit Ninja lynch without any explanation.
    You mean except for the beginning of the day where it was one of the options, middle of the day where it's suggested as a possible we can't decide lynch, and end of day now when we are trying to figure it out???! Sure....no explanation (sarcasm)

@Clash -- I'm still aggressive and posted my thoughts. I'm working on RL stuff while posting. If you don't like it then too bad. RL will ALWAYS come first.

47. ISO #1347

Which means we have to lynch him NOW.

if A) He's against us. Plain and simple.
    B) If he is a jester then we have to give him his win condition in the interest of town preservation. There's no guarantee he will vote, post, or do anything to help town win. At that point it is dead weight. It would be our fault collectively as town for not hitting him day one. But if we take the hit and get rid of the researcher and the town now we have some of a chance of knowing the votes will be active.

If we take a look at worst case scenario and never lynch Fruit Ninja and get to end game where one vote makes or breaks it we're boned. Sometimes we have to take our medicine and this looks like some pretty nasty medicine for not coming together and lynching their ass day one.

Can someone lend me a hand, I need to face palm but I've run out of hands to do so with.

A) He's NOT against us. Scum are against us. He just wants to be lynched
    B) "he's against us" "we have to give him his win condition" are you seriously high?
    THIS IS THE ARGUMENT I BROUGHT UP ABOUT ANGRY BIRDS. YOU LITERALLY ARE USING IT ON SOMEONE THAT'S ACTUALLY USING THEIR VOTE
    THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT I'M SAYING WITH ANGRY BIRDS

@) We are told who receives the gun. We could tell them who to hit exactly, and then lynch them if they don't because then they are scum

48. ISO #1348

49. ISO #1349

Can someone lend me a hand, I need to face palm but I've run out of hands to do so with.

A) He's NOT against us. Scum are against us. He just wants to be lynched
    B) "he's against us" "we have to give him his win condition" are you seriously high?
    THIS IS THE ARGUMENT I BROUGHT UP ABOUT ANGRY BIRDS. YOU LITERALLY ARE USING IT ON SOMEONE THAT'S ACTUALLY USING THEIR VOTE
    THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT I'M SAYING WITH ANGRY BIRDS

@) We are told who receives the gun. We could tell them who to hit exactly, and then lynch them if they don't because then they are scum
    That's what I'm talking about care to join me in a counterwagon on Cut The Rope?

50. ISO #1350

If you are so sure CtR, then you should push for a Quizup lynch, because the removed KPN would be a blessing to us at the moment since the probability of hitting town is much higher than scum, so that sentence is either a stupid slip or you just haven't explained it completely and we are taking it the wrong way. My best guess is that you are hoping for the Doomsday Killer to hit scum, but that seems more like holding onto a false hope to me.

At the moment I think a Temple Run lynch would be a very good idea, especially because his posts 1203, 1208 and 1209 are rubbing me in a bad way. There have been longer analyzing posts already against him and as such I'm not going to repeat an analysis because I found myself agreeing.

As for the Fruit Ninja lynch: I don't think it's a bad idea. We should assume that Fruit Ninja might side with scum simply because it's the easier thing to do. In which case lynching him now would already take out a potential vote against us. In case he is a Jester it would still not be a bad idea to take him out because we would be trading a vote against us vs a Peaceful, not that bad if you ask me. Certainly a lynch on a scum would be better but this lynch is always good to fall back on if we have trouble deciding. At the very least we should confirm that he is not scum and not lying about his role to us which is why a Fruit Ninja lynch isn't stupid.

The Angry Bird lynch train that is going seems a bit weak if you ask me. I would certainly lean rather scum than town, but there are scummier people than him in my books. I wouldn't be able to back it with my full confidence, which is why I'd go for someone else today.

I'm not quite sure about Instagram/Kik/Quizup because it's such a mess of back and forth and it's hard to decide. I'd rather opt for some more obvious lynches today.