M-FM XXIV Civilization Gamethread - Page 24
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: PLAYER'S CHOICE AWARD!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4pics1word/Noctiz

1 11.11%
  • Piano Tiles/Ika

0 0%
  • Bloons TD/Louiswill

0 0%
  • Words with Friends/Titus

2 22.22%
  • SnapChat/Banshis

0 0%
  • Fall Down/Helios

0 0%
  • iFunny/xRavenx

0 0%
  • Candy Crush Saga/Bahkieh

1 11.11%
  • QuizUp/Fontisian

0 0%
  • Tapatalk/Gyver

1 11.11%
  • Cut the Rope/MathBlade

0 0%
  • Flappy Bird/ThinkLiveLife

0 0%
  • Instagram/42shadow42

0 0%
  • Temple Run/Fatalis

0 0%
  • Angry Birds/Suzanne

0 0%
  • Clash of Clans/Citrus

0 0%
  • 2048/Apocist

0 0%
  • Vine/Nicole

0 0%
  • Kik/Gerik

4 44.44%
  • Fruit Ninja/deathworlds

0 0%
Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2203
  1. ISO #1151

Re: M-FM Civilization

Cut the Rope: I explained the Vine town read here: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post449544
    I'm not going to re-answer a question when you ask it a second or third time.

Right now, Doomsday is the only player to have caused a scum death, and that is pathetic. It wasn't a joke so much as a condemnation of the level of play so far. I still can't believe the Day 1 lynch didn't go through.

Your attack is wifom. Doomsday is killing the people I point to. Ergo, doomsday is not me, because that would be stupid. I don't have a high enough opinion of this player group to think a "to scummy to be scum" strategy would ever work.

Now help me lynch scum or get out of my way.

2. ISO #1152

Kik (1 [L-7]):
    Quizup
    Angry Birds (4 [L-4]):
    Clash of Clans, Instagram, Bloons TD, Flappy Bird
    Quizup (1 [L-7]):
    Kik
    Instagram (1 [L-7]):
    Cut the Rope

1) It's slightly concerning a wagon is forming so quickly. We should have multiple wagons going so we don't just tunnel someone and lose discussion/ability to read how people form their opinions. My only strong townread here is Flappy Bird as well

Addendum: I don't super like Bloons TD or Instagram's reasoning for voting Angry Bird this early in the day tbh. There's no reason to consolidate the lynches from spread out in the first 8 hours of a 48 hour day

3. ISO #1153

Quote Originally Posted by Quizup View Post
    Cut the Rope: I explained the Vine town read here: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post449544
    I'm not going to re-answer a question when you ask it a second or third time.

Right now, Doomsday is the only player to have caused a scum death, and that is pathetic. It wasn't a joke so much as a condemnation of the level of play so far. I still can't believe the Day 1 lynch didn't go through.

Your attack is wifom. Doomsday is killing the people I point to. Ergo, doomsday is not me, because that would be stupid. I don't have a high enough opinion of this player group to think a "to scummy to be scum" strategy would ever work.

Now help me lynch scum or get out of my way.
    Quizup, I'm a bit worried I might be scumreading all in the lurker pile just because of the sheer difference between the active and lurker piles. What do you think? Is the post activity swaying reads strongly this game, or is it's impact minor?

4. ISO #1154

5. ISO #1155

"I'm desperate scum and the only avenue left to me is blatantly false discredits."
    lolno. I FoSed you first, moron. You can't say I'm discrediting you by FoSing you when I FoSed you before you FoSed me. It's even more hilarious because not only did I not do that, but you did.

So now we can add both projecting and lying to your list of tactics to get the heat off you. Cool.

And by the way, if my claims are so "blatantly false", then why can't you disprove them?

Oh, and another thing- What I said wasn't a discredit. It was an observation. I would say that you need to study up and learn what discredits are, but seeing as you employ them as your primary defense mechanism, I'm sure you're quite familiar with them... But still, maybe you need a refresher course:

Kik: You're being stupid. One liners are not indicative of a lack of content, especially when they are all important to the gamestate. I am engaging people and pushing this forward. Though, it would help a lot if people would actually bother to answer my questions. You are pointing fingers over nothing.
    I even highlighted in red so you can't miss it. That right there is a textbook discredit. You see it attacks the person instead of the argument. Just like you do when you call me scum. As if my stupidity and/or scumminess has anything to do with the fact that you haven't contributed a single original thought all game. You've posted over 100 times, and I could still probably count your useful contributions on one hand.

6. ISO #1156

7. ISO #1157

8. ISO #1158

Noone's been witched at all this game?

A) Witch targeted Doomsday Killer or Researcher (not everyone's checked in yet)
    B) Scum was performing faction kills
    -------Other scum are more useful than witch?
    ------------------------Scum = {Actor, Cultural, Espionage, Agent, Scientist, Filibuster, Veteran}

Probable Scum = Espionage, Filibuster, Agent, Cultural, Scientist

Not probable scum = Actor, Veteran

9. ISO #1159

surprised to see vine flipped peaceful, and that WC hadn't been finished

vine claiming peaceful was stupid, and instagram has yet to give a better explanation of why he claimed that as well

Disagree with CoC's reads, I think most of the scum are among the more active players. If I were to point at 4 people I would go with 2048, insta, cut the rope, bloons TD
    2048 is top candidate for doomsday, bloons' posts are meh and I felt no town motivation from instagram's posts. Not so sure on cut the rope since I doubt a mafia would force a lynch on a town so obviously

10. ISO #1160

11. ISO #1161

12. ISO #1162

13. ISO #1163

14. ISO #1164

15. ISO #1165

Quote Originally Posted by Clash of Clans View Post
    Because I was too lazy to do this earlier:

Vine (10 [L-0]): Words with Friends, Cut the Rope, Kik, Quizup, Fruit Ninja, Temple Run, Angry Birds, Candy Crush Saga (Mayor)
    Clash of Clans (1 [L-9]): 2048
    Cut the Rope (1 [L-9]): Vine
    Candy Crush Saga (1 [L-9]): Clash of Clans
    Fruit Ninja (2 [L-8]): Snapchat, Flappy Bird

This was the other reason why Temple Run pinged me, I totally forgot. Early vote on a town lynch wagon is a big sign of scum going for an easy mislynch. Note Angry Birds logged in just to throw his vote on as well

Colors are mod-confirmed + researcher claim only

If Angry Birds appears and gives a few decent posts I'd be willing to lynch Temple Run for not posting at all *hint both of you stop lurking hint*
    You should really include me in the vine lynch, I only unvoted because I wanted the hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2048 View Post
    There was over 3 hours left.... I'd know, I woke up 7 minutes after the lynch.
    Be nice 2048. He admitted he made a mistake, you don't have to rub it in.

16. ISO #1166

Quote Originally Posted by 2048 View Post
    There was over 3 hours left.... I'd know, I woke up 7 minutes after the lynch.
    I misread the time left from the link. I mistook the PST for EST. I get the two confused. Which was why it was 3 hours early. Either way the town, as a majority, wanted the lynch and it was going to happen either way. It is easy to place the blame on me since I have made many mistakes this game already.

17. ISO #1167

Lynching me because I made the same misjudgment D2 as the majority of people on here hardly seems justified. And we should be more careful about lynches- one more peaceful lynched will bring about a second N2. Peaceseekers lose real quick if we aren't careful about this..

And I don't believe I'm the only one on here to make a small number of posts. Any other reasons to make a risky lynch?

18. ISO #1168

Quizup -- Correction. It was really late when I wrote that I meant why you thought Clash was town. I had copied the correct Clash posts for you but then my sleepy mind wrote the Vine argument. The post cited is indeed correct for Vine argument which I believed I had refuted previously. Please can you find where you explain Clash is town after my two asks?

Secondly, my argument about the kills is not WIFOM. You posted that they were scumspects. {FACT} They died. {FACT} The other arguments are not WIFOM they are based with concrete posts. Kik’s points about your defenses also seem valid as well especially the points in red. The defense of frame job is WIFOM. It asks me to question whether this is too much of a frame job…again.

Another element in your favor is that there potentially could be OMGUS from Kik on this since you posted first in the day. I just am having trouble seeing how Kik is scum though.

Angry Birds – Nice of you to join us. Can you please post your reads or thoughts? You noticed the mislynch from day 2 so I’m hoping you have some thoughts?
    ------

Now onto the bigger questions:

1) Normally I love going after lurkers in the beginning of the game. I really do. But in this case I think it is CRAZY to do right now when we have enough information to scumhunt. When probability and the majority of town that has posted opinions that a suspect is scum we aren't lynching them because........................................... ..???!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously I want a fucking explanation because the only thing I see is a mafia bus/frame job which I explain below

Why is everyone focused on a lurker instead of WHY certain people died? There usually is a reason for every kill in a game. iFunny had literally JUST replaced in and mafia killed them. It would make sense if mafia didn't want to disrupt the status quo. The best way to do that is a LURKER. AND OH??! The day starts conveniently with a lurker lynch attempt?? The last player with less than 10 posts who has not been replaced yet.And if it flips mafia then kudos come up. But they had to wait until the other lurker was removed to get unity over a single lurker. There's more people that are posting nothing in value right now than Angry Birds.

In addition to this, TalkATap had them as the number one scumspect in their last will and repelled them for it. Nearly everyone on the Angry Birds lynch has said oh they are a lurker or NOTHING at all to justify this lynch and sheep on in. What is so special about Angry Birds lurking that other players didn't note before? Post 1004 starts off with a vote with Clash sheeping Quizup's reads saying they are good but then Clash says they have a scum read on Instagram only a few moments later which is contradictory to Quizup. REALLY? I have no clue if Clash really thought Quizup's reads were good in (1004).
    Finally – The confirmed witch admits to poking Angry Birds for posting: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post450421 This sets up a great town case for “consistency” if Words with Friends would have lived.
    Having that many votes that early in the day is a bad sign. More than likely one scum in that bus prep train if it is a bus. And oh....look who is on it...*facepalms* our friendly suspect Instagram. *face palms twice as hard*

Since it has been demonstrated there is little to nothing here on this lynch let's take a look at why we aren't going for who at least 7 players thought that Instagram needed some prodding for scummy behavior. That right there is pretty damn close to a lynch.

Spoiler : Case for Instagram enhanced with town thoughts collected :

Not including Instagram and the 4 people that haven't posted any thoughts on Instagram at all there are 9 players left over with comments. 4 have bluntly stated that they believe Instagram is scum. 3 of the players have a last post that is a prod questioning Instagram's scumminess. Only two players have mentioned a town read of Instagram, 2. And one of those still leaves open the possibility of a serial killer.

Spoiler : Current Instagram Thoughts :

Clash of Clans 1115 https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post450638 SCUM
    Flappy Bird 1068 https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post450591 SCUM
    Kik 1026 https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post450549 TOWN, possible SK
    Bloons TD 1059 https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post450582 Advocating possible town lynch to not divide town, WTF???!!
    Instagram SELF No Post necessary TOWN
    Angry Birds LURKER Nothing N/A
    QuizUp 1002 https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...ram#post450524 TOWN
    2048 702 https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post450118 Questioned Instagram gave pressure for being scummy
    4pics1word NO COMMENT Nothing N/A
    Candy Crush Saga NO COMMENT Nothing N/A
    Cut The Rope Numerous posts SCUM
    Fruit Ninja 577 https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post449985 Questioned Instagram's for or against them
    Temple Run 1159 https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post450683 SCUM
    Piano Tiles NO COMMENT Nothing N/A
    Fall Down 245 https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post449469 Questioned Instagram for not allowing a read description attacking another player

Furthermore, now that we have more information as to certain players being townfirmed, I can go back to some of my prior analysis from the who posted stupid plans and fill in more of the details.

Within the nine of the original players that posted shitty suggestions day one only 4 players are eligible to be mafia scum.
    Fruit Ninja is the researcher and the rest of the eliminated players were town.
    The four remaining players are 2048, Instagram, Temple Run, Clash of Clans.

There was a 90% chance of at least one of the nine players being scum. Based on the Monty Hall/Let's make a deal prospect if you eliminate one of the doors then the odds of the item not in your hands having a better chance of being the winner door, there is more than a 90% chance that at least one of 2048, Instagram, Temple Run, or Clash of Clans is scum. I like those odds.

Combined with this and not keeping their word in prior arguments and the Instagram scum case I've presented there's more than ample evidence to make it likely that Instagram is scum. If it isn't Instagram, it's more than likely Temple Run. And OH look! Three of the four people in the possible mafia scum also had a vote on Vine.

At the end of the day, I may be right and I may be wrong. But at least I am going to fight for the right to scum hunt kicking and screaming. If we want to vote a lurker it should be because we as a town are divided and have no other plays though. We have two plays that could be for town benefit (or others possibly...Kik/Quizup are bickering that the other is scum):

1) Lynch Fruit Ninja -- How come no one is following up on the plan we had to check to see if they are still aligned? I've heard it mentioned but no pressure
    2) A scum candidate most of town sees worthy of pressure with some people yet to comment on anyone in Instagram.

Can someone please tell me why Angry Birds is better? I love a lynch a lurker but in this case it seems rather stupid.
    To paraphrase Flappy Bird we really don't want to go down a lynch with little to no argument.

2) Seriously can someone please tell me why very few people to no one have tried to piece together why the doomsday killer victims were selected?

And as an added bonus....Night kill analysis!

Spoiler : Night Kill Analysis :

The mafia night kill I whole heartedly believe was to set up this bus/frame job of Angry Birds today. The day has gone by way too fast.
    Words with Friends and Snapchat died last night. A split for the Doomsday killer that is pretty good. Still three scum in order to win the game with but not too damaging as to take out half the scum team in one time. I know that the serial killer is supposed to kill indiscriminately in the flavor text, but every kill or move in a game has a purpose/practicality. The serial killer has to avoid hitting peacefuls as they want to gain the extra kills from a mislynch. This means anyone suspected of being a peaceful by the Serial Killer is not a likely target.
    For Words With Friends, I can’t pin down a possible reason yet. They have a lot more posts.
    For Snapchat, I think the reason is because they were trying to demolish the researcher plan. The serial killer wants the researcher to live because they want to have the Researcher flip win con to their condition.
    Another item of note is how every kill so far has been of a power role both mafia and scum. We’ve lost 3 power roles so far. Another is exposed. This amount of accuracy three days in a row implies that they have a player that can find a power role or if someone did something.
    Espionage or Agent definitely comes to mind at first.
    What we are now seeing is that too many potential/possible roles for the scum have been hypothesized.
    1) We know there is a confirmed Witch. Unknown actions (if any)
    Now hopefully we can get some more concrete information on witches going. This other angle of potential roles is something I want to look into further but not sure where to start.

19. ISO #1169

Quizup, I'm a bit worried I might be scumreading all in the lurker pile just because of the sheer difference between the active and lurker piles. What do you think? Is the post activity swaying reads strongly this game, or is it's impact minor?
    You still haven't told me why you're town reading Kik, so I'd say yes for you.

Reminder: I need to rip Kik apart sometime today.

20. ISO #1170

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Birds View Post
    Lynching me because I made the same misjudgment D2 as the majority of people on here hardly seems justified. And we should be more careful about lynches- one more peaceful lynched will bring about a second N2. Peaceseekers lose real quick if we aren't careful about this..

And I don't believe I'm the only one on here to make a small number of posts. Any other reasons to make a risky lynch?
    You are such obvious scum. All deflection for the wrong reasons, and no actual scumhunting.

21. ISO #1171

Wow. For the record the vote wasn't the main reason why I voted you, but my vote is sticking now.

I became suspicious of you because of your FoS of both me and Vine randomly thrown out. Like, you could not have met the bare minimum more exactly.

I broke down this post in pretty colors. Sadly, you've only got ~4 posts this game or I'd have analyzed you more thoroughly

Not apologetic at all. This is a minor town-tell
    Deflecting at "the majority." The fact you justified it as "hey everyone did it" means you had bad justification for the vote itself. Also, I would expect you to have either 1) mentioned the lure stuff or 2) showed some irritation at Vine's early-game if you were town
    You just soft-claimed Peaceful. Did you do that on purpose or not? Also, this argues that you think it's not safe to lynch at all. How are you a more risky lynch than anyone else alive right now? Plus the fact that you didn't vote anyone here. I mean you didn't even vote Fruit Ninja. That would at least back up your "fear of risky lynches", yet you voted Vine yesterday which was a "risky lynch" since it was a peaceful claim
    Mentioning town in third-person + using the term "peaceseekers" instead of town, minor scum-tell to me
    Another deflection to the "other players that haven't posted much", yet you didn't even cite the specific players.

That's about twice as much text as you made from your one post. I see no good reason why you should not be the lynch today. You haven't even provided a solution

A) You have a decent number of votes on you
    B) You haven't voted someone or given reads or anything

Which means we're going to end up possibly wasting a lot of the day discussing you. Scum like wasting discussion time

22. ISO #1172

I finished to page 15.

Sofar:

Flappy Bird
    iFunny
    Kik pointing fingers
    Bloons TD n/a
    Instagram just enough contribution and just enough scum level, so he is a Pro.
    SnapChat ????????
    Angry Birds
    QuizUp caught fruit ninja by chance
    Clash of Clans save for later, but good plans.
    2048 I can't see through his intention
    4pics1word ??????????
    Candy Crush Saga
    Cut The Rope non-necessarily Aggressive play
    Fruit Ninja No shit is needed.
    Temple Run I like how he is more focused on plan
    Words with Friends
    Tapatalk dead, sounds like a master of game
    Vine Dead, I like how this one play.
    Piano Tiles
    Fall Down a non-believer

Non-rival:
    QuizUP + Clash of Clan + Instagram

day 1 till p.15: Accusasions on Vine are plain retarded, but the doubt is just equally good to some other choices.

23. ISO #1173

I don't think the "misjudgement" is the only reasons that people want to vote you.
    You are not very convincing, but I will drop my vote for now.

Because the voting board tie is broken as hoped.

-unvote

24. ISO #1174

25. ISO #1175

26. ISO #1176

Quote Originally Posted by Cut the Rope View Post
    You do NOT say oh so and so is town/scum I'll prove it later. That shit is scummy as fuck and the same reason I don't like Quizup asking me to just trust them. I don't fucking trust anyone's reads/info until explained.
    We have a huge problem with this. For all the active experienced players we have running around content is lacking.

@Cut The Rope

Instagram is not a good lynch today. We need to focus pressure on lurkers, because it's an incredibly easy hiding spot for scum + if we mislynch on active players we may not be able to lynch due to lurkers later on (or it'll be hard to do)
    I agree 100%. So far today little has been accomplished. My vote is still on templar as a "Get on and contribute". On that note Piano posted with justification for more lurking.

You still haven't told me why you're town reading Kik, so I'd say yes for you.

Reminder: I need to rip Kik apart sometime today.
    So there is this question that I have asked quite a few times Quizup. Can you put together any kind of real FOS on Kik? I see you call him scum but there is a real lack of argument to back up that line of thought. If you do not want to answer at least say so. This dodge game is getting old.

27. ISO #1177

Also because cut the rope asked for it. She is right there has been very little thought on the kills..

I think there is an Espionage in the red faction. It would make sense that they knew he was a TPR and went for the lurker kill.

I think WWF got killed by the DD because he thought he was either a TPR (As I did) or he was protecting the researcher.
    Snapchat- Nothing sticks out for reasoning on this one. Maybe it was just a safe kill.

28. ISO #1178

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy Bird View Post
    Also because cut the rope asked for it. She is right there has been very little thought on the kills..

I think there is an Espionage in the red faction. It would make sense that they knew he was a TPR and went for the lurker kill.

I think WWF got killed by the DD because he thought he was either a TPR (As I did) or he was protecting the researcher.
    Snapchat- Nothing sticks out for reasoning on this one. Maybe it was just a safe kill.
    Or considering the role flip it could be that IFunny used his night action and confirmed himself to one of the mafia. Suggesting that one of our town leaders could be this said mafia..

29. ISO #1179

We have a huge problem with this. For all the active experienced players we have running around content is lacking.

I agree 100%. So far today little has been accomplished. My vote is still on templar as a "Get on and contribute". On that note Piano posted with justification for more lurking.

So there is this question that I have asked quite a few times Quizup. Can you put together any kind of real FOS on Kik? I see you call him scum but there is a real lack of argument to back up that line of thought. If you do not want to answer at least say so. This dodge game is getting old.
    On my phone because lunch break. But this is exactly my point. I have provided my reasons for thinking quizup is scum and provided evidence. Quizup counter accuses me but provides no reasons for or evidence that supports his claims that I'm scum, nor does he provide any kind of defense against my accusations (unless you count trying to insult/discredit me as a defense).

30. ISO #1180

31. ISO #1181

32. ISO #1182

33. ISO #1183

I have finished reading. I agree on the general idea of pressuring the lurkers (Angry Birds, Piano Tiles, Fall Down, etc.), but it's also important to judge the active players since scums might very well be active too (Words with Friends as one example). Anyway, since I have been uncontributive but want to share my opinions I'm going to give a short list of my thoughts on most people because I'm not a man of many words.

Cut the Rope - Someone said this guy is untrustworthy or something along the lines. That's pretty stupid because every big FoS from CTR has been backed by very detailing analyses most of the times and CTR's play has been largely pro-town. One of our town leaders, doesn't get much townier than this.

Flappy Bird
    - Posts his own thoughts, is critical when appropriate. Town-oriented play. Town in my books.

Quizup
    - Unsure, his posts are intended to create content being posted, but he doesn't post as much of his own thoughts and expects others to ask him which is not good in my opinion. Leaning more town than scum, but CTR's posts contain some good points.

Instagram - Similarly unsure, he is active but he does not leave an impression of a towny player, his contributions don't struck me as largely useful. Neutral about him, also here CTR has raised good points for a case against Instagram.

Kik - While he is actively pushing the scumhunt, it seems like it has been based against Quizup only so far. Neutral as of now because I consider the fixation to be a bit too pushy.

Angry Birds
    - Pretty uncontributive, showed scum-like behaviour/tone in his posts. Would consider scum.

Bloons TD - While inactive in the beginning, replacement shows interest in the game. Will expect him to be contributing later in the game. Slightly town.

Piano Tiles
    - Activity heavily decreased. Not much content posted during the time player was active. Should pressure him, probably scum.

Clash of Clans
    - Pretty active, made some contributions I would consider townish. Most likely town.

Temple Run - Uncontributive, left no impression. Worthy of pressure, likely scum.

Fall Down - Has been rather inactive but got replaced recently. Atm slightly scum.

2048 - Has made contributions, posted actual content. More on the town side, still unsure though. Seems like he is face-sitting just from memory.

Fruit Ninja - Might be Researcher, has been uncontributive. Might be a good idea to lynch him.

That should be everyone I think, or everyone that needs to be commented on. It is not very much but I'm not a good analyzer, I hope that my opinions on everyone suffices regarding reads. I'm kind of tired at the moment so I might be going to sleep soon, but I'll really try to ramp my activity up.

34. ISO #1184

Quote Originally Posted by Bloons TD View Post
    I haven't read day 2. I think he is somewhat town because he thought Vine is town, but why he went voting Vine? Is it because things must be done?
    Not at all. The train on Vine was garbage. Players bought into the hype and railed on vine selling his inexperienced plays as scum moves. I am sure scum had a hand in that in that train.

Now that you have read up a little do you have any reads on players?

35. ISO #1185

So,

For now I'm going back and analyzing some of the older conversations and looking at who said what. I want to look a little more at Kik, Instagram, 2048, and Quizzup because I'm not sure what to make of them.
    In older conversations, Fall Down looks to be a reasonable voice. Clash of Clans and Cut the Rope create productive discussion and are willing to put their opinions out easily, so I think it's unlikely they're scum. Still looking at the others.

As to yesterday's mislynch, I need to reread some of the posts again before having much to say. I think there may have been either one or more warmongers or doomsday involved (but doomsday wants to lynch everyone, so maybe it doesn't matter who to him/her). Also, I think on D2 we didn't have enough to go on yet, so we were more suspicious of each other. Knowing more about who had what role now, I believe we can figure out peoples' motives more easily. But we need to be careful not to go into anything too quickly again as we did yesterday.

36. ISO #1186

I readed a bit through the stuff that happened so far, but I cant see anything usefull atm, the misslynch of vine could bring up some suspiciounes ppl tought.

Well I will stay in the background for the moment, if I find something useful I will let you know.

Also I just happen to stay nearly always logged in so dont wonder why im always in the currently browsing list.^^

Edit: I like 4pics1word summarize its easier to read as these giant post walls all over the place.

37. ISO #1187

38. ISO #1188

So,

For now I'm going back and analyzing some of the older conversations and looking at who said what. I want to look a little more at Kik, Instagram, 2048, and Quizzup because I'm not sure what to make of them.
    In older conversations, Fall Down looks to be a reasonable voice. Clash of Clans and Cut the Rope create productive discussion and are willing to put their opinions out easily, so I think it's unlikely they're scum. Still looking at the others.

As to yesterday's mislynch, I need to reread some of the posts again before having much to say. I think there may have been either one or more warmongers or doomsday involved (but doomsday wants to lynch everyone, so maybe it doesn't matter who to him/her). Also, I think on D2 we didn't have enough to go on yet, so we were more suspicious of each other. Knowing more about who had what role now, I believe we can figure out peoples' motives more easily. But we need to be careful not to go into anything too quickly again as we did yesterday.
    So, fun fact. Scum like to slip one scum buddy into their group of suspects as a form of distancing. Let's look at Angry Birds four suspect: Kik, Instagram, 2048 and me. I believe the last three are town.

Flappy Bird: I'm a perfectionist, which means the case, when I write it, will be long and comprehensive. It will thus take some time to complete. I'll try to get it out tonight.

39. ISO #1189

Quote Originally Posted by Fall Down View Post
    I readed a bit through the stuff that happened so far, but I cant see anything usefull atm, the misslynch of vine could bring up some suspiciounes ppl tought.

Well I will stay in the background for the moment, if I find something useful I will let you know.

Also I just happen to stay nearly always logged in so dont wonder why im always in the currently browsing list.^^

Edit: I like 4pics1word summarize its easier to read as these giant post walls all over the place.
    Boop. Piano Tiles is off my list.

Hey.
    Hey Fall Down.

Are you scum?

40. ISO #1190

Flappy Bird: I'm a perfectionist, which means the case, when I write it, will be long and comprehensive. It will thus take some time to complete. I'll try to get it out tonight.
    Thanks for responding. I would honestly feel much more comfortable with you if I was able to understand how you analyzed players. That sort of thing helps a ton when determining a players motive behind their posts..

41. ISO #1191

42. ISO #1192

Thanks for responding. I would honestly feel much more comfortable with you if I was able to understand how you analyzed players. That sort of thing helps a ton when determining a players motive behind their posts..
    After this game, I'd love to talk scumhunting strategies with you.

43. ISO #1193

After this game, I'd love to talk scumhunting strategies with you.
    Sounds fun.

Also
    -unvote
    Angry Birds still reads to me as having little to no desire to contribute in day chat but he is talking now. Not that what he has said is worth much at all but if he follows through I am good with it for now.

I would also encourage the town that if we do not have a viable target by the end of the day we have a benign that nobody will regret lynching.

44. ISO #1194

Kik

The first couple posts are mechanics based, which look good but aren’t actually all that helpful. I’ll note that the first post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kik View Post
    Sterling Archer is here. Let's do this shit. Been busy today. Catching up on day now.
    does not match the level of enthusiasm in the next few.

This post is interesting:
    Two things. One, South Korea was not purposefully acting scummy. In fact, I knew he was town the whole time and didn't really understand why everyone was always on his dick. But either way, that is not really relevant to this game. So let's talk about this game.

Things that happened:
    Vine posted a stupid plan
    People discussed plan, said it was stupid
    Some stupids agreed with it
    You disagree with it, but still defend him.

Seems like an attempt to defend your mafia pal without buddying him too hard. So you say you disagree, but then try to convince us that he's an important town trying to WIFOM. The fact is that if you were really town and you really believed this to be true, you would not have pointed it out, because doing so defeats the point of it and exposes him as important town.

Just to be sure, though: Do the mafia currently know the identities and/or roles of their fellow mafia members?
    Kik accused Fall Down of being scum with Vine. Considering that Fall Down is probably scum, I’m viewing this as setting up a mislynch in case of Fall Down’s death. The most telling thing here is that Kik has a pretty good reason to believe that Fall Down is scum based off this exchange, but he never votes or follows up on it in any way.

The end question is ridiculous. Of course scum know who their buddies are. I find it very unlikely that Kik asked this question for any other reason than getting town cred.

I didn't ask for your reasoning. I was pointing out your scumminess/buddying to others for future reference so that if Vine flips scum, you will be next in line for investigating/sheriffing/lynching/one-shot-shooting/etc.
    Good thing Vine wasn’t going to flip scum though, wasn’t it?

What does that accomplish? Asking questions does not meaningfully contribute to the discussion. In fact, it does the opposite: It gives the appearance of contribution while actually providing none. In the best case, the question gets someone else to contribute to the discussion by answering it, but any idiot can just ask other people questions. I would also posit that simply instructing others to "ask more questions" falls into this category as well, perhaps even more so, since now you're not even generating the questions being asked.
    Still no scum hunting from Kik, and he comes out openly against dialogue.

Since I still haven't seen the a answer to this: does spending production use happiness?

BTW, I probably won't be on again before day ends, and I don't trust a lot of the people on the fruit ninja train, so I'll be abstaining for today.
    Kik was part of the reason we didn’t get rid of Fruit Ninja Day 1. He never bothered to specify which players on the fruit ninja lynch he didn’t like, because he had not actual interest in scumhunting. This post was made to avoid responsibility for what he believed to be a town lynch.

-vote FM Vine

Still think he's scum and as I mentioned yesterday, I think his flip will give us information about Fall Down's alignment as well. Plus, a number of other people suspect Vine so I don't think it will be too difficult for us to get the votes.

Oh, and nothing happened to me last night.
    Mislynch on a townie to clear his buddy. Notice that Kik never actually attacked Vine Day 1, because he had no actual interest in scumhunting.

Side note: Words with Friends first assumed that Angry Birds had been attracted to Tapatalk on the Night Tapatalk died. It’s possible he thought Angry Birds had made the night kill when it was actually another scummate, hence the assumption.

Your reads are bullshit. First of all, I have 14 posts, yet you rate me as "not enough information" while ifunny, who has one post, you rate as "leaning town". And it wasn't even a long or particularly note-worthy post. He just sheeped the current lynch train, said "town should have a plan" and didn't post again until today.

Then, my favorite part, is that in your description of me you said I "buddied with fall down", which shows that you didn't even read my posts, since what I actually did was accuse him of being scum with you.

And your system is even further flawed because it seems to be completely arbitrary. You're confident that Quizup is the doomsday killer, yet he only gets "leaning scum", which is the same rating that angry birds got with only one post. Plus, 2048 commits essentially the same crime (many posts with little original content) and gets "strong scum". Why the double standard?
    Oh look, an actual attack on Vine and it’s stupid. The best part is the overreaction to being accused of being Fall Down’s teammate and Vine having Angry Birds as possible scum.

Then there’s a dodge of my question about his supposed scumread of Vine.

Where were the reads already called out as being bullshit? I must've missed it. I admit I've been skimming because I've been busy the last couple days. I'm hoping things will die down a bit tomorrow so I can read more closely and take more/better notes. In any case, I marked that post when I was skimming as something I wanted to go back and respond to, so I did. My instinct on WWF is that he just made a mistake, but I'll have to re-examine his posts to be sure. I am not necessarily sure Vine is scum, I am just suspicious of him because his "plan" yesterday was basically for everyone to claim. Though I'll admit it's unlikely that scum would be so brazen, it could could be a gambit to get us to follow that exact line of thinking to assume Vine is town and let him fly under the radar all game.

The last will of Tapatalk confirms that Vine was lured, so Vine may very well be one of the scum that attacked Tapatalk.
    Then there’s a soft defense of Words with Friends, with a nice backdoor of “but I'll have to re-examine his posts to be sure.” Notable is that Kik called Words with Friends “WWF” here, which implies that he’s had to type Words with Friends’ name many times before. Additionally, for someone who claimed to be sure of Vine’s scumminess, the last sentence lacks any surety or sense of triumph over Vine being caught by a lure.

I’m stopping here for now. More to come.

45. ISO #1195

1) Agreed. *sigh*
    2) I for one disagree. There is a saying that I've had follow from some mafia games I've played prior. It boils down to pressuring out a lurker is helpful to town but if there are too many lurkers town has already lost because scum will inherently control the lynch. Active lurking, lurking by posting just opinions without fact and/or posting items without helpful progression (e.g. what I think Quizup has been doing) , can be a scum tell. If we want to find scum it's more likely in an active lurker than a lurker. If the lurkers are town we've already lost anyway. If they are scum then they'd need an active partner to control what is going on.

This reply from you agreeing with Clash of Clans, from my perspective, is almost in direct polar opposite of your reasoning on D2. You mentioned you wanted a concrete argument on why someone should be lynched. I'd like to see more detail here other than "I agree".

3) #brokenRecord. People saying so and so is scum without reasoning and expecting me to consider what they say is horse manure. Also another dodge from Quizup avoiding the question of why Clash is town. /me facepalms
    This lack of argument and then disappearing with the promise of an argument makes me sick. Both Instagram and Quizup have done this repeatedly. Some of the other players have done this well (e.g. Piano)

About Flappy Bird’s suggestion that iFunny used their power to reveal themselves to mafia I don’t think that was possible due to mechanics. If I trust the hosts, which I do, then iFunny was replaced at night. Since I receive my feedback at the end of the night, I’m assuming everyone else does too, which would mean that scum could not change their actions after receiving feedback. Therefore, there had to be another reason to kill iFunny. I think the most logical one is to set up the position we are in now.
    Oh and thanks for calling me a she.
    @Clash of Clans
    Finally! Someone posts something of an argument on Angry Birds. I want to destroy that post because of the amount of neon but at least there is something there. Clash’s summary thought of scum wasting time, if combined with mine makes a lot of sense. Scum like wasting time for town. So far we are two hours away from the day half gone and are nowhere. Only a couple of players are scum hunting. And damn it I’m going to make every effort to us to scum hunt kicking and goddamn screaming if I have to. Between Clash’s post, my arguments for why the iFunny kill occurred, the people on the lynch, and the lack of evidentiary support for the Angry Birds lynch, I think Angry Birds is probably town.

@Flappy Birds
    1181 – I do not like the wording of this post at all. This implies that you are holding something back. As I said I think it is scummy as fuck to have something and hold it back. Elaborate now.
    @4pics1word – GAHH The buddying level in that post is immense. Next time you become active which better damn near be soon, I’d want to see you poke someone you think is scum or post more detailed arguments or something. While I am a vocal voice, everyone should build their own goddamn thoughts.
    @Angry Birds – This post can be taken as highly townie or highly scummy. My gut still says a town read based on events and two of the top scumspects/SK of mine are in that post, Instagram and Quizup. I also think that if Quizup is not the SK/scum (doubtful) that Kik likely is. That feud they had earlier rubs me the wrong way. The last line of that post really scares me though. Again says not to get hasty when pressure has backed OFF of them and there are less votes on Angry Birds.
    @Fall Down – 4pics’s post is nothing but a giant buddy/sheep to me. There’s hardly anything to it. A few sentences at best. While short and sweet, it is not ideal. A wall post gives people a better idea of where one stands. It gives a lot of information to town because of how a player phrases things and how they say it is sometimes more important than what they say. For example with Quizup some of the scum reading on them isn’t because of what they say but the lack of umph behind it.
    And Fall Down when you get caught up with the thread, you will realize that there is no group plan for production anymore because that shit has been nipped in the bud. Telegraphing our moves to scum is BAD.

@Flappy Bird: I agree. I think a Fruit Ninja lynch is the way to go if time is running out in the day. It echoes your sentiments as well as other players if struggling for a lynch. I plan on switching my vote to Fruit Ninja later early tomorrow if we can't get enough traction on others. But if this happens I think shit has hit the fan.

@Quizup – Reading your post now but yay! An actual argument. *does a happy dance*

Off topic: With the amount of times I'm still being called a he still I might as well go find a magical artifact that changes ones gender...oooh maybe like in Baldur's Gate I can find a belt that will. And I know I'm adding fluff. I have a feeling I will go insane based on the amount of derp here if I don't. For crying out loud people just stop already and focus and scumhunt.

46. ISO #1196

1) Agreed. *sigh*
    2) I for one disagree. There is a saying that I've had follow from some mafia games I've played prior. It boils down to pressuring out a lurker is helpful to town but if there are too many lurkers town has already lost because scum will inherently control the lynch. Active lurking, lurking by posting just opinions without fact and/or posting items without helpful progression (e.g. what I think Quizup has been doing) , can be a scum tell. If we want to find scum it's more likely in an active lurker than a lurker. If the lurkers are town we've already lost anyway. If they are scum then they'd need an active partner to control what is going on.

This reply from you agreeing with Clash of Clans, from my perspective, is almost in direct polar opposite of your reasoning on D2. You mentioned you wanted a concrete argument on why someone should be lynched. I'd like to see more detail here other than "I agree".

3) #brokenRecord. People saying so and so is scum without reasoning and expecting me to consider what they say is horse manure. Also another dodge from Quizup avoiding the question of why Clash is town. /me facepalms
    This lack of argument and then disappearing with the promise of an argument makes me sick. Both Instagram and Quizup have done this repeatedly. Some of the other players have done this well (e.g. Piano)

About Flappy Bird’s suggestion that iFunny used their power to reveal themselves to mafia I don’t think that was possible due to mechanics. If I trust the hosts, which I do, then iFunny was replaced at night. Since I receive my feedback at the end of the night, I’m assuming everyone else does too, which would mean that scum could not change their actions after receiving feedback. Therefore, there had to be another reason to kill iFunny. I think the most logical one is to set up the position we are in now.
    Oh and thanks for calling me a she.
    @Clash of Clans
    Finally! Someone posts something of an argument on Angry Birds. I want to destroy that post because of the amount of neon but at least there is something there. Clash’s summary thought of scum wasting time, if combined with mine makes a lot of sense. Scum like wasting time for town. So far we are two hours away from the day half gone and are nowhere. Only a couple of players are scum hunting. And damn it I’m going to make every effort to us to scum hunt kicking and goddamn screaming if I have to. Between Clash’s post, my arguments for why the iFunny kill occurred, the people on the lynch, and the lack of evidentiary support for the Angry Birds lynch, I think Angry Birds is probably town.

@Flappy Birds
    1181 – I do not like the wording of this post at all. This implies that you are holding something back. As I said I think it is scummy as fuck to have something and hold it back. Elaborate now.
    @4pics1word – GAHH The buddying level in that post is immense. Next time you become active which better damn near be soon, I’d want to see you poke someone you think is scum or post more detailed arguments or something. While I am a vocal voice, everyone should build their own goddamn thoughts.
    @Angry Birds – This post can be taken as highly townie or highly scummy. My gut still says a town read based on events and two of the top scumspects/SK of mine are in that post, Instagram and Quizup. I also think that if Quizup is not the SK/scum (doubtful) that Kik likely is. That feud they had earlier rubs me the wrong way. The last line of that post really scares me though. Again says not to get hasty when pressure has backed OFF of them and there are less votes on Angry Birds.
    @Fall Down – 4pics’s post is nothing but a giant buddy/sheep to me. There’s hardly anything to it. A few sentences at best. While short and sweet, it is not ideal. A wall post gives people a better idea of where one stands. It gives a lot of information to town because of how a player phrases things and how they say it is sometimes more important than what they say. For example with Quizup some of the scum reading on them isn’t because of what they say but the lack of umph behind it.
    And Fall Down when you get caught up with the thread, you will realize that there is no group plan for production anymore because that shit has been nipped in the bud. Telegraphing our moves to scum is BAD.

@Flappy Bird: I agree. I think a Fruit Ninja lynch is the way to go if time is running out in the day. It echoes your sentiments as well as other players if struggling for a lynch. I plan on switching my vote to Fruit Ninja later early tomorrow if we can't get enough traction on others. But if this happens I think shit has hit the fan.

@Quizup – Reading your post now but yay! An actual argument. *does a happy dance*

Off topic: With the amount of times I'm still being called a he still I might as well go find a magical artifact that changes ones gender...oooh maybe like in Baldur's Gate I can find a belt that will. And I know I'm adding fluff. I have a feeling I will go insane based on the amount of derp here if I don't. For crying out loud people just stop already and focus and scumhunt.
    Sure. Let me dig up what post you are referencing. Also when I read my quoted message I realized I referenced a vote on Templar that never happened. Shit happens.

47. ISO #1197

Ok thanks for the advise, i just saw something about the Hunger Games so I wanted to be sure. Anyway im off now for the next 9 hours see you later guys.

48. ISO #1198

Derp- Top of the screen.

In a word I do not think that Quizzup is red. I would consider a situation where he is the Dooms Day Killer but that is a pretty soft feeling. This "Not red" bit comes from the heavy amount of unaligned posts with WWF. You can just read through their interactions and see what I mean. Additionally Quizup has spent a decent amount of time in the spot light. This was created by Kik but I do not see a real effort by Quizup to get back to the shadows. Instead he came back with an attitude that said "I know I am town and sense you are attacking me so hard you must be scum". He could have been cooperative to some degree and it would have killed Kik's line of "I am putting pressure on you for not saying enough". Further than that although his posts are short and a ton of them are questions they are mostly original. Scum with a team work to benefit their win condition, not just to survive. This makes a lean for them to appear as town while not helping the town. In contrast an unaligned scum has to stay alive. They can go all out helping the town and wear the town reads with no fear of hurting their 'scum buddies'. This particular SK is also immune to detection and night kills so chances are that if a skilled player holds the slot he will be in the front lines active as hell trying to lead the town.

I could keep rambling if you would like but I would rather not dig into my post-specific notes. If he is scum he is the dooms day killer.

49. ISO #1199

My thoughts bold because easier to type inline with this post.

Kik

The first couple posts are mechanics based, which look good but aren’t actually all that helpful. I’ll note that the first post:

does not match the level of enthusiasm in the next few.

To me, the enthusiasm is there. Let's do this shit implies a general read to go get em attitude versus some other player's posts that say give me time to catch up, I'll be active later or some other crap.

This post is interesting:

Kik accused Fall Down of being scum with Vine. Considering that Fall Down is probably scum, I’m viewing this as setting up a mislynch in case of Fall Down’s death. The most telling thing here is that Kik has a pretty good reason to believe that Fall Down is scum based off this exchange, but he never votes or follows up on it in any way.

Now this is interesting. You have said Angry Birds, Kik, and now Fall Down are scum. That is a full team. I just simply don't find this plausible. This would imply all of the day one derping about getting a massive wonder plan together was all town. As stated previously and a thought you said was on the right track, there was likely scum in the suggestioning. There's something severely off here. Based on my math there is a less than 10% chance of this being the team. Therefore I think one or more of the people you've picked as likely scum isn't.

FYI Post where you say there's likely a split of scum between planning and non planning for your reference: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post449813

The end question is ridiculous. Of course scum know who their buddies are. I find it very unlikely that Kik asked this question for any other reason than getting town cred.
    Agreed this question does look ridiculous.

Good thing Vine wasn’t going to flip scum though, wasn’t it?
    I like this pressure. It implies unalignment between the two.

Still no scum hunting from Kik, and he comes out openly against dialogue.
    This IMO is a great example of scumhunting. He's not against scumhunting but is against players posting questions and not giving detailed answers. In general a lot of the prodding you have done. In the context of the thread, this was a pressure to you to back your shit up and give reads with reasons. Again, love this post.

Kik was part of the reason we didn’t get rid of Fruit Ninja Day 1. He never bothered to specify which players on the fruit ninja lynch he didn’t like, because he had not actual interest in scumhunting. This post was made to avoid responsibility for what he believed to be a town lynch.
    Not really seeing how you're getting this Quizup. I see lots of scumhunting for Kik. I like that they didn't try to lynch a town suspect. Sure I don't like they didn't specify which players they didn't like on the train but this feels like a I have to say something before I have to go for RL type feel versus being scum.

Mislynch on a townie to clear his buddy. Notice that Kik never actually attacked Vine Day 1, because he had no actual interest in scumhunting.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post449840

This post here is rather convincing me that a Words With Friends, Angry Birds, Kik, Fall Down team is likely impossible. They point out Vine's case which has some of the exact same scum team and pokes Vine for more information. Kik's arguments off Fall Down scum have been rather consistent throughout the game. Why would scum blatantly call out that Vine has their entire team on the radar for everyone to see? This would likely cause more investigation and more poking/prodding into whether they could be scum. They'd be caught rather quickly.

Side note: Words with Friends first assumed that Angry Birds had been attracted to Tapatalk on the Night Tapatalk died. It’s possible he thought Angry Birds had made the night kill when it was actually another scummate, hence the assumption.

I think this was just Words with Friends trying to be confusing. if you're asking me to believe Words With Friends don't know who actually did the kill shot I find that bullshit. According to the setup, mafia talk during then night. For them not to discuss who kills the target seems to be such a boneheaded move that the scum would be caught by now. We are likely dealing with very experienced scum and serial killer here. Not a boneheaded scum team. There's just been too much going well for them to not have some experienced players.

Oh look, an actual attack on Vine and it’s stupid. The best part is the overreaction to being accused of being Fall Down’s teammate and Vine having Angry Birds as possible scum.

I disagree with it being stupid. The reads were bad. They were new. He called it out. Again I like this post.

Then there’s a dodge of my question about his supposed scumread of Vine.
    Which post exactly did they dodge? I can't find it.

Then there’s a soft defense of Words with Friends, with a nice backdoor of “but I'll have to re-examine his posts to be sure.” Notable is that Kik called Words with Friends “WWF” here, which implies that he’s had to type Words with Friends’ name many times before. Additionally, for someone who claimed to be sure of Vine’s scumminess, the last sentence lacks any surety or sense of triumph over Vine being caught by a lure.
    Now THIS is actually a post that looks scummy. They were one of the detractors of Vine's reads and now asks when they were called out as bullshit. This one is actually a weird post. Posts were coming in rapidly so I buy the having to check to be sure. About the WWF shorthand bit, a lot of shorthands have come up. I've used Clash in my posts a lot. Does this mean that I'm scum with Clash? Of course not. What it does imply to me is a stream of consciousness to this post and a level of honesty to it.

I’m stopping here for now. More to come.
    Overall I feel that this post has one thing that I agree with towards Kik scum which is the reads bullshit line. Definitely not a strong case to me. I am hoping your "more to come" is more impressive than this argument is.

@Fall Down -- oooooookay more buddying. Agreeing with the thoughts/substances of another player without adding more is buddying. If I get buddied one more time I'm going to start a drinking game for it.

@Flappy Bird -- That makes sense. If you note my Quizup argument at the start of the day I have them as the serial killer. It's also quite interesting how their scum reads are dying off each night. Combining that with the scum team they have suggested being very improbable I think they put some truth in with some bullshit here and that only one of these people is scum. If I am right in who Quizup is, the contradicting of themselves saying that scum would introduce themselves in the wonder planning derp in day 1 and then have a final scum team that didn't makes no sense. I'm pretty confident that either Quizup is hiding a fuck ton of information from us intentionally which I've said is a scummy as fuck move or they are a serial killer/scum. I like the Serial Killer further more as they aren't aligned with Instagram and wanted to defend them with a reason. The other players tossed as suspects got a general "X is town " or "Y is scum" something about Instagram stood out and they are alive. The "begging to be shot" comment is a preemptive defense of look I can't be the SK I didn't shoot Instagram when the defense of Instragram belies that notion.

50. ISO #1200

Cut the Rope: What are you doing? Just ... what are you doing?

Kik tells people to ignore my requests and not to ask each other questions, and you call that scumhunting. Kik calls Fall Down scum only if the town Vine flips scum, and you call them unaligned. You see Kik town reading Fruit Ninja (someone who could only be town read with prior knowledge, because his every move was scummy) and call that townie. What.