M-FM XXIV Civilization Gamethread - Page 20
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: PLAYER'S CHOICE AWARD!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4pics1word/Noctiz

1 11.11%
  • Piano Tiles/Ika

0 0%
  • Bloons TD/Louiswill

0 0%
  • Words with Friends/Titus

2 22.22%
  • SnapChat/Banshis

0 0%
  • Fall Down/Helios

0 0%
  • iFunny/xRavenx

0 0%
  • Candy Crush Saga/Bahkieh

1 11.11%
  • QuizUp/Fontisian

0 0%
  • Tapatalk/Gyver

1 11.11%
  • Cut the Rope/MathBlade

0 0%
  • Flappy Bird/ThinkLiveLife

0 0%
  • Instagram/42shadow42

0 0%
  • Temple Run/Fatalis

0 0%
  • Angry Birds/Suzanne

0 0%
  • Clash of Clans/Citrus

0 0%
  • 2048/Apocist

0 0%
  • Vine/Nicole

0 0%
  • Kik/Gerik

4 44.44%
  • Fruit Ninja/deathworlds

0 0%
Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 2203
  1. ISO #951

2. ISO #952

3. ISO #953

Re: M-FM Civilization

Quote Originally Posted by Clash of Clans View Post
    Current reads:

Town list is only one ordered
    Town (8/14):
    Clash of Clans
    Candy Crush Saga
    Tapatalk

Snapchat
    Quizup
    Cut the Rope
    Flappy Bird
    Kik

Unknown (8/20):
    iFunny
    Bloons TD
    Angry Birds OR 4pics1word
    Temple Run
    Words with Friends
    Piano Tiles
    Vine
    Fall Down

Neutral (1/1):
    Fruit Ninja

Doomsday (0/1):

Mafia (3/4):
    2048?
    4pics1word OR Angry Birds
    Instagram
    Now with Kik in exactly one category instead of two

4. ISO #954

Quote Originally Posted by Quizup View Post
    Kik: I'm wondering about your reading comprehension. If you can't understand why I'm asking that question, I don't really want to deal with you. (Here's a hint: Words with Friends just scumclaimed).
    I do understand why you're asking them. I've already said it before, but I'll repeat it again. Maybe it will sink in this time. You ask questions to make it seem like you're an actively contributing town member, when in fact you just frequently post nothing of substance.

5. ISO #955

6. ISO #956

Quote Originally Posted by Words with Friends View Post
    just who was I supposed to "attack"? what would such an "attack" do other than spread mist since I'm pretty sure clash is town now? it is not like any attack on anyone has any effect since we are lynching vine.
    So why not provide a list of players that have done that? Or categorize them in some way?

Or say "hey guys in case I am night killed here's who's sliding by under the radar"?

Hint: Do it now please

7. ISO #957

Seriously, I invite everyone to just take a quick glance at this. You don't even have to read them to see what I'm talking about. Just quickly scroll down and look at how many of the posts are only one or two sentences long, and how many of those sentences end in a question mark. Quizup has not contributed an original though in quite some time, if ever.

8. ISO #958

Vine (8 [L-2])

Shieeeeeeet you figured out my master plan

4pics1word is scum btw. There's no way you're town and post like 4 times the entire day, and then slide in just to post that. Tsk tsk too convenient, and you fit in the category of "scum lurkers." Aka you post a couple times to stay under the radar
    Lurking implies me being physically there. When I'm here then you will see that at the bottom of the page (which hasn't been that often). Whether or not you believe that isn't entirely my problem. *shrugs*

9. ISO #959

10. ISO #960

So why not provide a list of players that have done that? Or categorize them in some way?

Or say "hey guys in case I am night killed here's who's sliding by under the radar"?

Hint: Do it now please
    on it.

briefly from memory: snapchat, 4pics, angry birds, piano tiles, temple run all appear only when no debate is happening.

ifunny, bloonstd and fall down have posted nothing memorable today.

town: clash, kik, flappy, 2048 + the obvious

unknown: cut the rope, quizup

scum: instagram

11. ISO #961

Quote Originally Posted by Kik View Post
    Seriously, I invite everyone to just take a quick glance at this. You don't even have to read them to see what I'm talking about. Just quickly scroll down and look at how many of the posts are only one or two sentences long, and how many of those sentences end in a question mark. Quizup has not contributed an original though in quite some time, if ever.
    But if you do choose to read them (and why wouldn't you? it won't take very long) you'll see that even the posts that aren't questions are still filler.

12. ISO #962

just who was I supposed to "attack"? what would such an "attack" do other than spread mist since I'm pretty sure clash is town now? it is not like any attack on anyone has any effect since we are lynching vine.
    You just painted "a few people" as probably scum with a broad brush without specifying who those people are or pressuring them in any way. You did this as a form of doubtcasting, diverting Clash's attention, setting up mislynches for toMorrow, and (if one of those people is your scummate) so you can have something to point back to to clear yourself when we lynch them.

Kik: You're being stupid. One liners are not indicative of a lack of content, especially when they are all important to the gamestate. I am engaging people and pushing this forward. Though, it would help a lot if people would actually bother to answer my questions. You are pointing fingers over nothing.

13. ISO #963

14. ISO #964

quizup, now who is leading. i never pointed out people coming on as probable scum. as you see from the number, there's no way all the sudden appearances can be scum. the scumteam would be bigger than permitted by the rules. i did it to try and understand clash's train of thought, since i believe clash is town but misguided on the production stuff at the start.

it seems like you are the one trying to doubtcast me, while i try to figure out the logic of my townreads.

15. ISO #965

16. ISO #966

17. ISO #967

You just painted "a few people" as probably scum with a broad brush without specifying who those people are or pressuring them in any way. You did this as a form of doubtcasting, diverting Clash's attention, setting up mislynches for toMorrow, and (if one of those people is your scummate) so you can have something to point back to to clear yourself when we lynch them.

Kik: You're being stupid. One liners are not indicative of a lack of content, especially when they are all important to the gamestate. I am engaging people and pushing this forward. Though, it would help a lot if people would actually bother to answer my questions. You are pointing fingers over nothing.
    One liners can, in some cases benefit discussion. Yours do not. I see now you've given up on the re-direct and opted for a discredit instead. Again, nice effort, but calling me stupid isn't going to work either.

18. ISO #968

19. ISO #969

20. ISO #970

21. ISO #971

quizup, now who is leading. i never pointed out people coming on as probable scum. as you see from the number, there's no way all the sudden appearances can be scum. the scumteam would be bigger than permitted by the rules. i did it to try and understand clash's train of thought, since i believe clash is town but misguided on the production stuff at the start.

it seems like you are the one trying to doubtcast me, while i try to figure out the logic of my townreads.
    Are you seriously trying to sell me that "there have been a few people who miraculously have shown up and said "yup vine's scummy and should be the lynch" well after it was effectively decided" doesn't cast doubt on a large group of people?

Bullshit.

22. ISO #972

23. ISO #973

3 hours 40 mins until days end.

I do believe that asking questions is the best method of teaching. This is because it makes you think. The conclusion you come to is one that you have made by your own thought process so you own it more than some bullshit someone fed you.
    But
    Its ineffective to expect others to answer your questions when you do not answer questions asked of you. And although its a useful tool when its a big chunk of your posts its taken too far.

24. ISO #974

Oh yes, I forgot the horrors of questions and how they prevent discussion.
    Switching to the strawman now. Ok.

You'll notice that I never said that asking questions is inherently a scum tell. The reason it makes you scummy is because it's literally all you do. I would bet that useless one-liners and questions make up roughly 80-90% of your posts. And if ALL of your posts are asking questions, that means that all you're doing is getting/attempting to get others to contribute thoughts without coming up with any of your own. And not coming up with/contributing your own thoughts is a scum tell. Which is why I'm confident that you're scum.

25. ISO #975

26. ISO #976

27. ISO #977

Even now, instead of providing any insight of your own or even showing me some posts of yours that contradict what I'm saying, you instead try to deflect my accusations by first redirecting the accusation to me, then discrediting me and calling me stupid, and most recently by creating a strawman. Though I do look forward to seeing what method of deflection you'll try next, I have to say that it's getting a bit tiresome.

28. ISO #978

Anyway, the most telling thing here is the mindset. Let's say you noticing something that you think might be indicative of scum.
    Do you:
    a.Mention that thing in the thread, keep track of the people doing, and start pressuring them or
    b.Refrain from mentioning it until another player attacks someone for it, then make an off hand comment about how a lot of people are doing that thing?

A implies that the person is thinking about the gamestate and actively trying to find scum. B implies that the person doesn't actually care about scum hunting, and only said this thing to make themselves look good.

Kik: You don't get it. Asking questions is how I scum hunt. If you want my opinion on something so desperately, just ask me a question.

29. ISO #979

30. ISO #980

Kik: If made a valid point I would be willing to engage you. But you aren't. You look at all the questions I've been asking, reads I've been stating, and angles I've been pushing and then you dismiss them as nothing based on the posts being too short. That's incredibly insulting.

Word with Friends: Oh really? Prove it.

31. ISO #981

Kik: You don't get it. Asking questions is how I scum hunt. If you want my opinion on something so desperately, just ask me a question.
    Why must you be prompted in order to state your opinions? How can you scum hunt if you never make any assertions? Last I checked, the question "are you scum?" doesn't work. Though if you want to attempt to prove me wrong, be my guest.

@Flappy- let me go read it and I'll get back to you

32. ISO #982

snapchat, then vote fruit ninja if you don't like him. wagons help for info.

piano, even if it is a rehash you state where you are. rehash cannot be an evasion mechanism. give something or get on my shit list.
    4pics, care to comment on something not already decided?
    here you go quizup. me calling out two people for randomly showing up. then you have the third on angry birds.

33. ISO #983

Quote Originally Posted by Kik View Post
    Why must you be prompted in order to state your opinions? How can you scum hunt if you never make any assertions? Last I checked, the question "are you scum?" doesn't work. Though if you want to attempt to prove me wrong, be my guest.

@Flappy- let me go read it and I'll get back to you
    Except I have been asserting opinions.

I've gone after Fruit Ninja, laid a trap regarding him, called Clash and Instagram obv town, reversed my opinion on Vine, pushed Angry Birds and Word with Friends, tested and cleared 2048, and pressured Snapchat toDay. I have posted the full reads list yet because I'm not done sorting through it. I intend to be finished in the next two ish hours.

"Are you scum" is a great question for provoking self-conscious responses. I've caught scum with it in the past.

I don't see why I should have to try to prove you wrong when all you have to do is read through my posts to do that.

Words with Friends: Here's my issue.
    1. You did that against players I consider likely town (though my read of snapchat has been dropping).
    2.It was a generic call for more, that hardly counts as pressure.

34. ISO #984

35. ISO #985

36. ISO #986

37. ISO #987

38. ISO #988

instagram, yeah that flaw is the researcher should be dying as conf not town.

quizup, you're taking issue with me scumhunting people you townread and you apparently have grave difficulties reading tone. also its not wise to move votes off of confirmed not town. finally quit the trap self-vouch. it's obviously bullshit.

39. ISO #989

What the fuck is "randomly showing up" even supposed to mean? I'm pretty sure of what you actually mean, but it's silly to say "randomly" since what does classify as "not randomly showing up"? If you want to make an accusation like "you only show up when it's easy to contribute" then say so instead of anything that is too vague.

40. ISO #990

41. ISO #991

Quote Originally Posted by 4pics1word View Post
    What the fuck is "randomly showing up" even supposed to mean? I'm pretty sure of what you actually mean, but it's silly to say "randomly" since what does classify as "not randomly showing up"? If you want to make an accusation like "you only show up when it's easy to contribute" then say so instead of anything that is too vague.
    it seems like you understood me perfectly.

now why don't you put together a nice shiny list of your reads so far.

42. ISO #992

43. ISO #993

44. ISO #994

Quote Originally Posted by 4pics1word View Post
    Hey 4pics1word.. Wud up with that content you promised earlier? Do you have anything to contribute now that you have had time to read up?

45. ISO #995

instagram, yeah that flaw is the researcher should be dying as conf not town.

quizup, you're taking issue with me scumhunting people you townread and you apparently have grave difficulties reading tone. also its not wise to move votes off of confirmed not town. finally quit the trap self-vouch. it's obviously bullshit.
    You claimed to have noticed something, but only brought it up with "i was wondering if you would notice." You've been blatantly buddying me and Flappy Bird (Yeah, I remembered that). And you followed my lead in going after Fruit Ninja after his claim. You are scum. Please die.

46. ISO #996

47. ISO #997

48. ISO #998

NIGHT 2 - ADJOURNMENT

“Do you not know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?” – Pope Julius III

A legislation to send off one of our leaders to the Moon for a year was proposed and enacted today. Vine was designated by the congress to represent Earth and lead the mission. With the promise from other leaders that his people would be taken cared of, he did not resist, and prepared to carry out his duty.

What Vine didn't know was that the trip was one-way. Secretly, the congress had decided he was a threat and sabotaged his fuel supply. He would never be back on Earth again. His people would be massacred by the Warmongers when they left for refuge in new lands. He never deserved it either, for he was Pocatello, one of the world's last Peaceful men.

It was an affront to justice but it gave Doomsday a feeling of righteousness. He would end this world's suffering sooner.

Vine was lynched. His role was Peaceful.
    Spoiler : Vine's last will :
    Quote Originally Posted by Vine
    Day 2 reads as of post #852

Not enough info
    Confirmed town
    Strong town
    Leaning town
    Leaning scum
    Strong scum

Players
    Posts Impression Role
    Flappy Bird
    8 Replaced and contributed
    iFunny 2 Absent
    Kik 25 Expressed towny concerns
    Bloons TD 2 Absent
    Instagram
    78 Mostly towny thoughts
    SnapChat 17 Towny thoughts
    Angry Birds
    1 Absent Possible Warmongers
    QuizUp
    66 Suspicious drop in activity Doomsday Killer
    Clash of Clans 55 Mostly towny thoughts
    2048 157 Sidekick of evil queen Warmongers (Agent)
    4pics1word 5 Minimal activity
    Candy Crush Saga 9 Host-revealed town Peaceful
    Cut The Rope
    100 Evil queen of misreps Warmongers (Actor)
    Fruit Ninja 64 Dodgy researcher claimer Warmongers (Disguiser)
    Temple Run 16 Afflicted with emotional bias
    Words with Friends 68 Suspicious buddying with evil duo Possible Warmongers
    Tapatalk
    24 Murdered town
    Vine
    93 Me!
    Piano Tiles
    13 No contribution again
    Fall Down 25 Lurked

Aware that Vine visited Tapatalk, asked for discussion but did not provide any himself
    Vouched for Fruit Ninja
    Playstyle similar to FM Greenland: Friendly, posted a lot, but contributed little.

Fruit Ninja
    Claimed Researcher
    Exhibited anti-town behavior: disrupting discussions and promoting apathy

Angry Birds
    Went missing. At -1 happiness, if he is a PR.

Cut The Rope
    Twisted words, misrepping and misdirect town with false mechanics.
    Ignored Tapatalk's last will and Vine's claim during the start of the day, until Vine continued with organizing town
    Lied that Tapatalk scumhunted. Tapatalk actually organized town more.
    Playstyle similar to FM Shar-Teel: Gain day chat dominance and cause mislynch by twisting and lying.

QuizUp
    Not very active today.

Words with Friends
    I don't like him, maybe because of buddying with 2048 and Cut the Rope.

Town production

N2: WC
    Day-revealing PRs: 8
    Peacefuls: 7
    PRs: 4
    Countermeasures: Scum cannot claim the extra vote because of day-revealing PRs.

N2: NET
    Clash of Clans and Candy Crush Saga (2048 is scum): 8
    Countermeasures: Compete with Warmonger for the extra charge

N3: HG
    Day-revealing PRs: 8
    Peacefuls: 7
    PRs: 4
    Countermeasures: Beware of Witches.

iFunny and Bloons TD have been replaced.

Living players [18]:
    Flappy Bird
    iFunny
    Kik
    Bloons TD
    Instagram
    SnapChat
    Angry Birds
    QuizUp
    Clash of Clans
    4pics1word
    Candy Crush Saga
    Cut The Rope
    Fruit Ninja
    Temple Run
    Words with Friends
    Piano Tiles
    Fall Down

Graveyard [2]:
    Tapatalk - Cleopatra, Cultural (Died Night 1)
    Vine - Pocatello, Peaceful (Lynched Day 2)

Night 2 will end at this time: https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...+5%3A00+PM+PST
    Last edited by King Terenas Menethil; June 22nd, 2014 at 08:31 PM.

49. ISO #999

Day 3 - Bristol, England

The third meeting was called in England today. Diplomats from civilized countries flew across the globe to convene in the Bristol Conference Centre. Pocatello's exile made matters much more urgent. After roll call, it was discovered that Bismarck, Montezuma, and Washington all failed to appear or send delegates.

German polizei began a search and found iFunny tied to a chair in the Executive Suite of the Chanellery Building. He seemed to have been shot in one lung, and his tongue was cut out. The cause of death was ruled to be exsanguination. Clumsy brutality could only mean Warmongers.

WWF and Snapchat were aboard the same flight to Bristol, as the two had developed close personal ties since their reign. Flight security was improved after Tapatalk's death, of course. No Warmonger would ever get away with sneaking in weapons. But it wasn't a Warmonger this time. It was a killer far more efficient. Nothing was ever found of the plane, except for the left wing, which was painted bright red with blood, but otherwise in mint condition.

iFunny was killed by the Warmongers. His role was Filibuster.
    Words with Friends was killed by Doomsday. His role was Witch.
    Snapchat was killed by Doomsday. His role was Lookout.

SnapChat left a last will.

Spoiler : SnapChat's Last Will :

Quote Originally Posted by Snapchat
    Snapchat- Lookout

N1- Visited Quizup- Nobody Visited him
    N2- Visiting Candy Crush Saga

N1- 5 ETC, 1 RA
    N2- 7 RA, 1 School

Not trusting Quizup right now. Something about how he acted day 2 struck me as thinking he is scum. Fruit Ninja also should have been lynched over Vine.

Living players [15]:
    Flappy Bird
    Kik
    Bloons TD
    Instagram
    Angry Birds
    QuizUp
    Clash of Clans
    4pics1word
    Candy Crush Saga
    Cut The Rope
    Fruit Ninja
    Temple Run
    Piano Tiles
    Fall Down

Graveyard [5]:
    Tapatalk - Cleopatra, Cultural (Died Night 1)
    Vine - Pocatello, Peaceful (Lynched Day 2)
    iFunny - Bismarck, Filibuster (Died Night 2)

Words with Friends - Montezuma, Witch (Died Night 2)
    SnapChat - Washington, Lookout (Died Night 2)

8 votes to hammer.

Day 3 will end at this time: https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...+5%3A00+PM+PST
    Last edited by King Terenas Menethil; June 24th, 2014 at 07:48 PM.

50. ISO #1000