Gauge of Interest
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Gauge of Interest

When I get more free time (i.e. April/May) I might start work on a project. I've had two projects in mind so far, and I wanted to get people's opinions on both of them and to see how many people would actually be interested in either of them.

1) A web-based Mafia game (think EpicMafia) where the main theme is customizability. Roles and much of the game logic will be implemented in Javascript, with hosts providing or choosing from scripts to code for roles and game functions. Ideally I'd like to have a sort of database with roles and stuff so that it's completely foolproof, but that would come later. I won't be adding graphics since I don't think it's necessary, but either way I'm releasing source code so anyone can feel free to make a graphics-based version of this. The idea is that content for the game would be community-driven, and anyone can modify role scripts and the game as a whole to their desire. At the same time I want to make it easy enough to play that a person can host a game without knowing any Javascript. If I go this route, I already have much of the architecture laid down, I'd just need to create the server and client and start polishing it.

2) A bot to host forum mafia games on SC2Mafia. This bot would do everything automated, from starting/ending night and day, handling night options and carrying them out completely autonomously. A supervisor would optionally be there to deal with gamethrowing and the like. With this option I wouldn't be making it as customizable as in the first option because it will be more time-efficient for me to hardcode roles and stuff, and hosting won't be as community-based. Of course this means roles and updates would be dependent on me, though as in the first option I'll be making this open-source so others can contribute. I haven't fleshed out this idea as much, I could possibly add interesting things like email notifications and the like.

Feel free to post comments and decide on which idea is more appealing.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: Gauge of Interest

I like the sound of both tbh, option one sounds good, but there are already a few sites that do the whole mafia thing, and do it quite well, with the expetion of custom roles and such

As for two, while slaol does have a point regarding the human element, i think it would be awesome to have automated mafia games, that are basic vanilla, set format, that way people can jump in and play slightly easier, instead of waiting for other fm's to start up. Having said that, while i am not expert on the subject of bots and coding and stuff, it may be a fairly large undertaking creating all the things nessasary for a bot to properly mod and administrate a game

I support option 2, but both sound awesome

6. ISO #6

Option 1 is cool, but I thought someone was already working on that?

Option 2 is over-reaching, however I would completely support integrating additional hosting supporting into the forum.

I.E. Automated closing of thread. Support for soft-lynching. etc.
    Last edited by 42shadow42; March 13th, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Spoiler : FM Experience :
    Spoiler : L-FM :
    FMXVII FM Roronoa Zoro - Obvious Jester - Lost, FMXVII FM Ryan - Citizen -Lost
    Spoiler : S-FM :
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

what happens to Apo's emafia now?
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

1, 3
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒