Rules Question - Fake Skyping
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Rules Question - Fake Skyping

I have been in a number of games where a player pretends to be Skyping / communicating outside of the game in order to get someone else lynched and wanted to know whether this was illegal / reportable as cheating.

In particular, I've seen this used as an Executioner tactic where the Executioner says he has been Skyping with others (unidentified usually) and therefore, he knows that [Target] is Mafia or Triad. Although the town often grumbles about the player cheating, they nevertheless end up lynching the Executioner's target, which of course is revealed as town. Then, the Executioner says something to the effect of "I fooled you guys -- I wasn't Skyping, but thanks for the win."

This seems like a pretty sketchy / questionable tactic to me given it involves pretending to cheat outside of the game in order to influence the town -- i.e. the fake lead has nothing to do with anything the player has done in the game whatsoever, but instead plays off of cheating. However, in many cases, the player in question probably wasn't actually Skyping -- that's the weak defense I've heard from users of this tactic at least. Personally, I don't like it and think it's illegitimate, but wanted to get the official mods' take on the question.

2. ISO #2

Re: Rules Question - Fake Skyping

my viewpoint, being ex-keeper i would frown apoun it but not count it as actual skyping due to the fact you are doing exe play. if you were to do it to get someone lynched as town it would be greifing.

overall i think its a fair-play thing but is not encouraged.

much like how jailors sometimes say "im hacking and i know you are mafia/tirad" when they were not

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

True Story: I got banned for doing so. Appealed successfully.

Consider the cost, pretending skyping/cheating doesn't worth it.

tbh: The people who trust outside source of information are dumbasses.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by st.rage View Post
    what if someone said "I'm going to torture my pet cat if you dont let me win!"
    Can't do anything, so go ahead and win. If they're that deranged, they'll do it to their cat regardless of their victory or defeat.
    Signature done by opps_ur_dead

His skills are unrivaled.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9