Bringing Standard Setup Back
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: Bringing Standard Setup Back

Quote Originally Posted by RainHeaven View Post
    The majority of players dislike SOTD
    I don't think so tbh. Also I hate standard save.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

3. ISO #3

I personally feel as if the sotd needs to be play tested a few times by in-house players before it gets approved. Some of them sound fun, sure... but there's no real "scum hunting" in a a setup where the only two non-evil roles are amnesiac and survivor, with a triad and mafia team of 4 members, 2 mms, and a SK...
    Signature done by opps_ur_dead

His skills are unrivaled.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by McKinley View Post
    I personally feel as if the sotd needs to be play tested a few times by in-house players before it gets approved. Some of them sound fun, sure... but there's no real "scum hunting" in a a setup where the only two non-evil roles are amnesiac and survivor, with a triad and mafia team of 4 members, 2 mms, and a SK...
    I believe that DR is already adjusting the weight of frequency according to poll.

I think another possible solution is to design a more comprehended system such as this:

Three options:
    SotD Type A: emphasis on scum hunt and standard, classic balance between Town Vs The Others.
    SotD Type B: emphasis on crossing fire and chaotic situation.(we can throw chicago and lawless in those too)
    SotD Type C: For Unbelievable Testing Purpose of all kind of awkwardness Trolling setups, once in a while.
    ---------------

And then in each option:
    adjust the weight of those more exotics type by calculate the amount of experienced players in the game.
    (by simply use existing data of players totalgameplayed & total win)
    i.e. : 'Double trouble' require more experienced players to play triad.
    Last edited by louiswill; February 3rd, 2014 at 12:48 PM.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

5. ISO #5

On this topic, we still have Classic as an option if you want Mafioso/Consort/Citizen/Doctor/Sheriff save.

Otherwise, submit your setups or make your own save slot :P. We also have... I think 2(?) "Standard" 9-3-3 saves, and many of the setups are balanced.

We have an RandD section for donors, and we had a vote to see how the setups should be weighted. The "Standard" saves were voted down for more unique saves. The Aldrais-type saves have low weight values as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Haters gonna hate what can I say. I've been updating some of my earlier saves as I can and I think they've improved.
    Some people just don't want to try *shrugs*, but every save I submit has already been tested and tweaked several times and the final version comes post feedback from those who played them.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Whenever I see a save by Aldaris, I know it's gonna be a bad game.
    The phenomenon suggests general public players are not ready for those.

I think Tony totally knows how to play Aldaris's setup for sure.

Some experience detector should do the job.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The only winning move is not to play.
    that was a good movie

favorite movie from the 1980's
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by RainHeaven View Post
    Just happened in a game I was in. Host selected SOTD Advanced. Before the game started, I said, "Aldaris save, gg." And what do you know, it was. Serial Justice V2. Every1 was freaking out and 8 people left the first night.

Still checking out this SOTD difficulty thing and seeing how it is so far.
    So you incited a leave train on a perfectly fine setup and you're complaining that people leave?