M-FM XXII Hunger Games Gamethread - Page 51
Register

User Tag List

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 2568
  1. ISO #2501

Re: M-FM XXI - Hunger Games

Welcome, welcome to Dagaen-Madge-Primrose-etc.-etc.'s Award Show for guys who have nothing better to do!

No need for introductions, let's just begin!

Town MVP: 42shadow42/Striker!

While Peeta was looking really good in the endgame, he gave Cato a Sheriff item which was quite huge. He also was little bit too silent. Gale was a great Town Leader most of the time, but he also had too many hiccups. I think Striker's play was the most consistent (well, crazy as well!). His crazy gambit drew Rue into the spotlight and his Detective result helped us lynch Foxface. In the meantime he managed to fool half of the Town and wasted half of the Day, but hey, nobody's perfect!

Scum MVP: Orpz/Cato!

Obviously. For the most of the time he was completely off the radar and did great job passing as Townie.

MVP: Orpz/Cato!

His play was almost spotless, even if Town managed to lynch Katniss I'm sure he would still win this game for scum. I will be really surprised if he won't be nominated as MVP by Host himself.

-vote Cato

But hey, we have some more to give!

Town LVP: Brenden/Clove.

Ended the game with 22 posts and almost all of them were one-liners or naked votes. He was killed without putting any fight. Too bad man, I bet you can better!

Ruby Dynamite Award for the Best Action: Orpz/Cato for shattering his own weapon!

This action was nice by itself, but it also created gamebreaking changes. By shattering himself Cato made sure that Boy would have reason to target Rue. And in the result he got himself a Sheriff weapon! This denied Town great investigative power and created a lot of confusion in the late game.

Onyx Cat Award for the Unluckiest Player: Azuriae/Katniss for drafting VT...twice!

Getting Vanilla two times in a row, being targeted since d2, having real-life emergencies...Azuriae sure had this tough, but he still managed to play this out. Big respect!

Golden Starfish Award for the Most Entertaining Player: Kusco/Nautilus!

I wish I could give Nautilus some better award, but he was killed too quickly. If he lived longer I think he could be MVP. For now I'm going to reward him as a guy who made me laugh the most while also being surprisingly active player!

u dsrve dat see slug!

Diamond Magnifying Glass Award for the Best Scumhunter: Titus/Gale!

Although she was a bit lost and annoyed quite a few people in the end her readings were the most accurate of all. Too bad she was too impatient to wait and think in the end...

Silver Rack Award for the Most Tortured Player: Gerik/Rue!

Pressured since Day 2 she was the center of attention for a looong time. I don't want to do the math, but I think he has a decent chance of being the most voted player as well!

Emerald Drunken Fist Award for the Most Random Player: louiswill/Thresh!

He confused the shit out of me in this late game, I don't think I'm the only one!

Wooden Labirynth Award for the Most Clueless Player: Titus/Gale!

Yes, she can be Best Scumhunter, but she also managed to completely misread the setup few times. I remember I've facepalmed when she argued that everyone was Vanilla, because graveyard said so^^

Special Gemini Award for Playing on Multiple Accounts: Dagaen/Primadge!

There aren't many things in FMs as rememberable as getting modkilled at random! I liked this twist, made this game way more fun for me! It affected Town quite a bit since one extra Townie would be helpful in the late game, but shit happens! Anyway, I've made this award for myself because I think I've deserved it, especially after replacing none other but Clementine , person who made my Days a living hell!

Special Platinum Troll Award for the Greatest Chaos Making: Glip/Cain!

I have no idea how the hell he managed to do it, but sudden double block on n4 made everyone confused! Some thought that Boy is lying, some thought that one of VT claimers are lying.. And the culprit was sleeping in the graveyard for the entire time. Amazing!

Special Crystal Globe Award for the Best Prediction: Gerik/Rue!

For this post in the scum-chat:

"I'd advise against it. I happen to know that Clementine specifically looks for people with avatars like that and finds them scummy. And I do believe she is in this game (she usually signs for fms/mfms) and she is not with us, so if she's in the game she must be town. Just something to consider."

And exactly this argument was made by Clementine when she started to attack me!

Special Golden Shang Tsung Award for Ending the Game with Style: Azuriae/Katniss.

I've enjoyed this gif, really nice way of ending things.

Special Pink Rubber Duck Award for the Most Awkward Moment: Gerik/Rue and Orpz/Cato for the Forced Small Talk in the Neighbour Chat!

That sure had to be interesting!

Special Plastic Mona Lisa Award for Caring About Flavor: Apache/Boy with the Bad Leg.

For changing avatars reflecting his mental state during the game. When I was doing the analysis I really enjoyed the fact that Boy is now a Ghost!

Special Fluffy Teddy Bear Award for the Player with No Award: Banshis/Peeta

I think he deserves award, but I'm not sure for what:P

Special Golden Chuck Norris Award for Awesome Hosting: Poriomania & Citrus!

Thank you for this awesome game! It had some hiccups, but any game is bound to have it! Setup was interesting, game was more-or-less balanced, RP was made in quite timely fashion... Too bad we had so many lurkers! Anyway it was a really amazing experience, GG and thank you!

And that's it for now, see you next year!

2. ISO #2502

new avatar chosen: obi wan triumph

@hosts: i fail to see why the innocent child item was introduced into game, there never were 2 mislynches in a row. this item really fucked us up, because otherwise cato could have taken the roleblock item from cain (bow) which would have cleared me, i would have been like 95% town then

thoughts on some ppl:

Glimmer: after i pulled the marvel mislynch, you were our best bet for victory, thank you for that

Marvel: well your reason for voting me was wrong (i was indeed roleblocked). you made the mislynch quite easy for me, as you lied the whole die about your role and then you not understanding the setup made you self implode

Cato: well really nice job, he was the only one not being found of us. getting the sheriff item sure was a key part of his non-suspiciousness and it certainly also helped that town didnt have this item.

Zeno: sorry for killing you early, you looked pretty smart

Foxface: he lurked a lot in scumchat. unfortunately this led to him pushing for the bonnie lynch, which really fucked up our whole faction. first, bonnie would have most likely suicided onto thresh/gale before foxface jumped in (yes i know after foxface jumped in bonnie would have suicided on foxface), so 2 more townies would have died if we mislynched someone else instead. then this was the main reason why foxface got lynched (striker lied in case you havent figured out) and the lynch fucked our whole team because of connections (though, contradicting what gale said all the time, I was not on the wrong side of the lynch)

Striker: well you pulled 3 gambits basicly, first was the 3 ppl visited marvel one, second was the i am lookout one and third was the foxface killed one.
    the first one was pretty bad. we pretty much wasted half a day on this crap, it helped absolutely nothing, it outed you are a power role and it outed rue is a non visiting (which after all didnt hurt because rue was actually scum). now one could argue it was a good gambit, because it put rue, who flipped scum, in the spotlight. but i tell you, thats mere coincidence, because you had no real clue on rue. there's no reason for scum to delay the claim, rue just did this to seem like a townie, because that's what a townie would have probably done in this situation (see how gambit evolves, talk with neighbour about it first)
    the second one wasn't good either, all it did was cause a lot of suspicion on you, which almost got you lynched instead of foxface
    the third one can be considered as good i think, there was solid proof foxface is scum and your claim supported the lynch

Gaia: well it's hilarious how we thought you were the journalist because you breadcrumbed you targeted nautilus the night he died (interview was from nautilus that night and we knew because cato picked up sheriff weapon from nautilus) but instead you were the inventor who gave invest charge to nautilus (which i figured out later). i'm glad i convinced rue to pick up the weapon, because if we didnt and just assumed journalist was dead it could have fucked us over

The Boy with the Bad Leg: well that's me. i'm proud i was able to pull the marvel mislynch off. if i hadn't, we would have pretty much lost. this was a key part of our victory

Rue: he played pretty solid, he suggested good night actions (i guess we should have listened to him a bit more) and he managed to pull himself out of several situations that didnt look good.
    i wasnt aware you never won as scum and i'm glad we could finally make this happen together^^

Thresh: he looked pretty suspicious and was confusing as fuck, but actually i think he did a good job in guiding the town, he was mostly right about his scum list after the marvel lynch
    Gale: well you found all the scums pretty much after foxface's lynch, really nice job here. though your reasoning on me was wrong on d5 (the foxface defend thing) and even on d6 the reasoning behind my lynch was wrong, because i was really roleblocked (so you got lucky i was indeed scum, because if i was town you would have lynched me aswell because of mysterious rb). anyway, your biggest flaw is your reading comprehension. i explained some things like 7 times and you didnt get it. i countered all your arguments easily and you just repeated them (which was annoying). thats why everyone thought you were dumb and why you couldnt get me lynched instead of marvel.

Katniss: i really appreciate that you kept playing despite irl issues. we couldnt have made it without you

Madge (clementine): it made me pretty sad when you decided to leave the game

Primadge (dagaen): you were pretty smart and we would have probably killed you much ealier if not so many of us were on your town list. i didnt like prim had to be modkilled and i wonder how the game would have ended

town in general:
    well at the beginning there were way to many lurkers and it looked like maf roflstomp. but then after the foxface lynch you really got up and we almost lost this. this game also showed that you are not good in player analysis and are relying to much on night actions (investigatives) and setup/night action/host analysis. there was some dicussion about this in observer chat

scum in general:
    i enjoyed playing with all of you and i think overall our faction did quite well, though we probably had too many connections in day chat. our only big fail, which prevented our roflstomp, was the bonnie lynch. also we got really unlucky with our weapon draft (and also our first remove) and town got quite lucky. getting in hands of the sheriff item then really helped and that wasn't sheer luck, we killed nautilus for a reason. also the numbers were agaisnt us, there were too many townies for just 1 kpn i think (5 mislynches/10 nolynches to win). after the foxface lynch, when it seemed i was next we almost lost our hope but when marvel was lynched, we recovered quickly and saw the win pretty much coming already, because cato was almost confirmed town. i'm glad we won this and i think it is well deserved.

random fact of the game: there was a logic chain which could have confirmed cato as scum which i was afraid anyone would pick up:
    mafia killed gaia which made no sense + gaia left hint about targeting nautilus n2 => gaia was killed because mafia caught up hint
    known role that targeted nautilus n2 is the journalist => mafia thought gaia was journalist (which we really did)
    mafia killed gaia before it was public knowledge nautilus was journalist rarget (it was public after cato revealed as sheriff) => mafia knew before town => cato has to be mafia because mafia knew

3. ISO #2503

also where in setup is written that softlynch is removed in mylo? i couldnt find that. not like it matters now, but it could have if we decided on the day of my lynch, that we all unvote from me and get someone else softlynched for early victory (because then if no softlynch all of us were confirmed). we would have probably done this if all were online and it was possible (i didnt count). btw i came indeed online 20min before lynch to do this just to see i was already lynched

4. ISO #2504

5. ISO #2505

6. ISO #2506

7. ISO #2507

8. ISO #2508

Quote Originally Posted by Madge View Post

Town MVP: 42shadow42/Striker!

While Peeta was looking really good in the endgame, he gave Cato a Sheriff item which was quite huge. He also was little bit too silent. Gale was a great Town Leader most of the time, but he also had too many hiccups. I think Striker's play was the most consistent (well, crazy as well!). His crazy gambit drew Rue into the spotlight and his Detective result helped us lynch Foxface. In the meantime he managed to fool half of the Town and wasted half of the Day, but hey, nobody's perfect!
    TROLOLOL, I actually was a JOAT(Lookout,Remover,Role-block)

9. ISO #2509

10. ISO #2510

11. ISO #2511

12. ISO #2512

13. ISO #2513

14. ISO #2514

15. ISO #2515

Im going to play devils advocate on this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Boy with the Bad Leg View Post
    new avatar chosen: obi wan triumph

@hosts: i fail to see why the innocent child item was introduced into game, there never were 2 mislynches in a row. this item really fucked us up, because otherwise cato could have taken the roleblock item from cain (bow) which would have cleared me, i would have been like 95% town then

it was a planned item, mislynches are moot. It was to help town in post analysis. Example: person thats being read scummy due to scums and manipulating town picks up flag. Viola scums now get fucked (most likely)

thoughts on some ppl:

Glimmer: after i pulled the marvel mislynch, you were our best bet for victory, thank you for that

Marvel: well your reason for voting me was wrong (i was indeed roleblocked). you made the mislynch quite easy for me, as you lied the whole die about your role and then you not understanding the setup made you self implode

He just didnt read rolecard/feedback but i agree

Cato: well really nice job, he was the only one not being found of us. getting the sheriff item sure was a key part of his non-suspiciousness and it certainly also helped that town didnt have this item.

Zeno: sorry for killing you early, you looked pretty smart

Foxface: he lurked a lot in scumchat. unfortunately this led to him pushing for the bonnie lynch, which really fucked up our whole faction.

inccorect, you pushed his lynch actualy if you look back

first, bonnie would have most likely suicided onto thresh/gale before foxface jumped in (yes i know after foxface jumped in bonnie would have suicided on foxface), so 2 more townies would have died if we mislynched someone else instead.

bonnie says otherwise

then this was the main reason why foxface got lynched (striker lied in case you havent figured out) and the lynch fucked our whole team because of connections (though, contradicting what gale said all the time, I was not on the wrong side of the lynch)

becasue gale pegged you becasue you were too aware of it and she called it distancing/bussing which could be a connection

Striker: well you pulled 3 gambits basicly, first was the 3 ppl visited marvel one, second was the i am lookout one and third was the foxface killed one.
    the first one was pretty bad. we pretty much wasted half a day on this crap, it helped absolutely nothing, it outed you are a power role and it outed rue is a non visiting (which after all didnt hurt because rue was actually scum). now one could argue it was a good gambit, because it put rue, who flipped scum, in the spotlight. but i tell you, thats mere coincidence, because you had no real clue on rue.

he had lookout on it i believe, but the fixtation of run on the gambit would warrent an investigation

there's no reason for scum to delay the claim, rue just did this to seem like a townie, because that's what a townie would have probably done in this situation (see how gambit evolves, talk with neighbour about it first)

disagree town should just flat out deney it and call their bluff instead of wasting towns time

the second one wasn't good either, all it did was cause a lot of suspicion on you, which almost got you lynched instead of foxface
    the third one can be considered as good i think, there was solid proof foxface is scum and your claim supported the lynch

again it was more of you who pushed his lynch the most. if you droped it i bet it would of done nothing.

Gaia: well it's hilarious how we thought you were the journalist because you breadcrumbed you targeted nautilus the night he died (interview was from nautilus that night and we knew because cato picked up sheriff weapon from nautilus) but instead you were the inventor who gave invest charge to nautilus (which i figured out later). i'm glad i convinced rue to pick up the weapon, because if we didnt and just assumed journalist was dead it could have fucked us over

The Boy with the Bad Leg: well that's me. i'm proud i was able to pull the marvel mislynch off. if i hadn't, we would have pretty much lost. this was a key part of our victory

i say it was more marvel who casued his own downfal then you pushing

Rue: he played pretty solid, he suggested good night actions (i guess we should have listened to him a bit more) and he managed to pull himself out of several situations that didnt look good.

personally i blame derp town

i wasnt aware you never won as scum and i'm glad we could finally make this happen together^^

Gale: well you found all the scums pretty much after foxface's lynch, really nice job here. though your reasoning on me was wrong on d5 (the foxface defend thing) and even on d6 the reasoning behind my lynch was wrong, because i was really roleblocked (so you got lucky i was indeed scum, because if i was town you would have lynched me aswell because of mysterious rb).

more becasue the bow went missing and nobody thought of it but she did have good reasoning

anyway, your biggest flaw is your reading comprehension. i explained some things like 7 times and you didnt get it. i countered all your arguments easily and you just repeated them (which was annoying). thats why everyone thought you were dumb and why you couldnt get me lynched instead of marvel.

yes titus refutes things like that a lot, but she was still right, she was refuting your facts though. you just kept saying the same stuff as well so same could be said

town in general:
    well at the beginning there were way to many lurkers and it looked like maf roflstomp. but then after the foxface lynch you really got up and we almost lost this. this game also showed that you are not good in player analysis and are relying to much on night actions (investigatives) and setup/night action/host analysis. there was some dicussion about this in observer chat

what i was saying in observer chat, town relies too much on pr and less on text.

scum in general:
    i enjoyed playing with all of you and i think overall our faction did quite well, though we probably had too many connections in day chat. our only big fail, which prevented our roflstomp, was the bonnie lynch. also we got really unlucky with our weapon draft (and also our first remove) and town got quite lucky. getting in hands of the sheriff item then really helped and that wasn't sheer luck, we killed nautilus for a reason. also the numbers were agaisnt us, there were too many townies for just 1 kpn i think (5 mislynches/10 nolynches to win). after the foxface lynch, when it seemed i was next we almost lost our hope but when marvel was lynched, we recovered quickly and saw the win pretty much coming already, because cato was almost confirmed town. i'm glad we won this and i think it is well deserved.

random fact of the game: there was a logic chain which could have confirmed cato as scum which i was afraid anyone would pick up:
    mafia killed gaia which made no sense + gaia left hint about targeting nautilus n2 => gaia was killed because mafia caught up hint
    known role that targeted nautilus n2 is the journalist => mafia thought gaia was journalist (which we really did)
    mafia killed gaia before it was public knowledge nautilus was journalist rarget (it was public after cato revealed as sheriff) => mafia knew before town => cato has to be mafia because mafia knew

theres a lot more but i guess that could also be one

16. ISO #2516

Poriomania's Epilogue (Setup, Mod Thoughts, etc)

Setup:

Spoiler : Setup :
    Town

louiswill r. Damus_Graves - Thresh
    Bahkieh - Glimmer
    ypmagic - Marvel
    Brenden - Clove
    Titus r. Fatalis - Gale
    Bunny - Zeno
    Glip - Cain
    Kusco - Nautilus
    NoctiZ r. Frog - Twill
    Numbertwo - Bonnie
    Dagaen - Primrose
    Dagaen r. clementine - Madge
    Banshis - Peeta
    42shadow42 r. deathworlds - Striker
    powerofdeath - Gaia

Mafia

Azuriae - Katniss
    Orpz - Cato
    RLVG - Foxface
    Apache - Boy with the Bad Leg
    Gerik - Rue

Spoiler : Weapon Role PMs :
    1. Axe (Vanilla)
    2. Baton (Vanilla)
    3. Blowgun (JoaT roleblock, lookout, knock off)
    4. Bow and Arrow (Roleblock)
    5. Brick (Bulletproof)
    6. Dagger (Daykill)
    7. Electrocution (Ascetic)
    8. Fire (Suicide Bomb)
    9. Guns (Miller)
    10. Knife (Weapon switcher)
    11. Land Mines (Veteran)
    12. Mace (Remover)
    13. Net (Jail)
    14. Pod (Inventor)
    15. Rocks (Neighbor)
    16. Sickle (Detective)
    17. Slingshot (Neighbor)
    18. Snare (Journalist)
    19. Spear (Double vote)
    20. Sword (Vanilla)
    21. Throwing Axe (Investigator)
    22. Throwing Knives (Vanilla)
    23. Trident (Vanilla)
    24. Water Cannon (Sheriff)
    25. Whip (Doctor)

6 vanillas (5 vanillas + miller)

26th weapon is a Flag that appears when two townies are lynched in a a row; makes wielder confirmed town (Innocent Child)

--

You picked up an Axe. It seems like a sturdy weapon that may prove important when you come into clashes with other Tributes.

You are Vanilla, and thus have no special abilities.

--

You picked up a Baton. It seems light and solid, which will serve you well while you try to survive.

--

You picked up a Blowgun. A normal dart and a dart labeled "Trackerjacker poison" along with a lens are tied to the blowgun. This may come handy in disarming other Tributes or temporarily stopping them in their tracks, and the lens may be useful in watching the other tributes.

You are a Jack of all Trades, and you have a one-shot watch (You may target a player each Night and learn who targeted that player that Night.), a one-shot roleblock (You may target a player each Night and roleblock them, preventing them from using their abilities.), and a one-shot weapon remove (You may target a player each Night and knock off their weapon, returning it to the Cornucopia.)

--

You picked up a Bow and Arrow. You have some experience with using such a weapon, though the arrows are not very sharp. However, you may be able to stun another tribute for a short period of time with those blunt arrows.

You are a Roleblocker, and you may target a player each Night and roleblock them, preventing them from using their abilities.

--

You picked up a Brick. It may not come in much use in a fight, though you think you may be able to use it as a stand-in shield.

You are a One-Shot Bulletproof, and you have an auto-vest (The first kill that targets you will fail)
    --

You picked up a Dagger. As you have great experience with throwing knives, you believe you may be able to drop someone should you have a good line-of-sight, though it may be difficult to recover afterwards.

You are a Daykiller, and you can kill a player during the Day by PMing me a target. You have one shot of this. This will immediately reveal their role, and when this happens the vote count will be reset and you will have an additional 24 hours to vote.

--

You picked up a Taser. It may come into handy in warding off any unwanted attention during the night, though it may not come into much handy if you are outnumbered.

You are an Ascetic, and you cannot be targeted by non-killing abilities.

--

You picked up a small explosive labeled "Greek Fire." You have heard this substance is incredibly volatile, and you are not sure if you will be able to escape if you use it, but you can be sure no one else will be able to either!

You are a Suicide Bomber, and you may target a player each Night and kill them and yourself. This will also break the explosive, and no one else may use it.

--

You picked up a pair of Guns! The only problem is, you were unable to find any ammo. What’s more dangerous is that everyone knows that you have them, and they will come after you with their inferior weapons with no mercy. Uh oh..

You are a Miller, and you investigate as mafia or the closest result in all investigations.

--

You picked up a Knife. It's quite small, so you don't think you can do much damage with them, but it may allow you to catch someone by surprise. Perhaps you can steal someone else's item if you are careful enough…

You are a Weapon Switcher, and you may exchange this weapon each Night with a player to trade weapons.

--

You picked up a pair of Land Mines. If you set these up at night, you may be able to kill anyone who tries to disturb you while you sleep.

You are a Veteran, and you may go on alert and kill anyone that targets you that Night. You may go on alert two times. This will also make you die if anyone attacks you, however.

--

You picked up a Mace. It's quite large and unwieldy, though you think a targeted swing may allow you to knock off someone else's weapon if you can get close enough.

You are a Remover, and you may target a player each Night and knock off their weapon, returning it to the Cornucopia.

--

You picked up a Net. If you are careful you may be able to snag someone up in the trees for the night.

You are a Jailor, and you can target a player each Night and jail them, roleblocking and protecting them from all Nightkills made that Night.

--

You picked up a Pod. There are a couple of weapons inside, but you’re hesitant to open them because they might kill you. You might be able to give them to other people though...

You are a Inventor, and you have a one-shot veteran (The player who you give it out to may activate it the next night to kill anyone who targets him or her), a one-shot motivate (The player who you give it out to can consume the motivate and use his or her night action twice), and a one-shot investigate (That player may target a player and learn what their weapon does) to give out. (You can’t give yourself the abilities)

--

You picked up some rocks. They may be quite useful when thrown, but they’re most useful when paired with…

You are a Neighbor, and you share a chat with whoever has the Slingshot. You may talk in here both Day and Night.

--

You picked up a Sickle. You think you may be able to use this to move faster in the forest, which may be useful if you want to tail someone.

You are a Detective, and you can target a player each Night and learn who they targeted that Night.

--

You picked up a Slingshot. This may be very useful in attacking another Tribute, though you quickly realize you won’t be able to hit anyone without the…

You are a Neighbor, and you share a chat with whoever has the Rocks. You may talk in here both Day and Night.

--

You picked up a Snare. It seems fairly weak, so you don't think you can trap anyone for long, but they may be trapped for a decent amount of time. As it is composed of many large sticks, you wonder if anyone will try to use them to make marks in the ground around it while trying to free themselves.

You are a Journalist, and you may target a player each Day. At Night they may write an article that will be displayed publicly the next Day.

--

You picked up a Spear. It is quite long, meaning you can keep other tributes twice as far away when fighting. That practically doubles your chances of success!

You are a Double Voter, and you have two public votes.

--

You picked up a Sword. It's too bad you've never seen one before, since they were outlawed decades ago. Still, there's no harm in trying.

--

You picked up a Throwing Axe. While you don't think you are accurate enough to score any serious wounds with it, you may be able to frighten someone into revealing their weapon and how they use it to defend themselves.

You are a Investigator, and you may target a player each Night and learn what their weapon does.

--

You picked up some Throwing Knives. Usually a fine weapon to have on hand, but the ones you have are blunt. You might be able to bruise someone with these, but killing someone is out of the question.

--

You picked up a Trident. You have no idea how to use this effectively in combat since you've never even heard of one of these three-pronged weapons before (it's labeled), but you figure you can just swing the pointy end at people if necessary.

You picked up a Water Cannon. You may not be able to do any harm with this, but you can try dousing other tributes' equipment or clothing. Who knows, there may be something hidden underneath.

You are a Sheriff, and you may target a player each Night and learn their alignment.

--

You picked up a Whip. It's too bad you have no idea how to use one. But hey, it seems it's dipped in some type of substance that smells like the morphine the doctor used on you when you broke your leg as a kid.

You are a Doctor, and you may protect a player from a Nightkill each Night. Protected players aren't notified of their being healed, and doctors aren't notified that their doctor protection is successful.

--

You are a Innocent Child, and you will be modconfirmed as town when you pick up this weapon if you’re town. If you’re mafia, this does nothing.

Night Actions

Spoiler : Night Actions :

DAY/NIGHT 1:

Peeta sends article to Foxface (SUCCESSFUL)
    Twill targets Cato with doc (SUCCESSFUL)
    Striker watches Cato with JoaT (SUCCESSFUL, learns that Twill visited Cato)
    Nautilius checks Twill with Sheriff (SUCCESSFUL, learns that Twill is innocent)
    Zeno investigates Madge (FAILED, Zeno killed)
    MAFIA kills Zeno, shatters Trident, removes Throwing Knives (SUCCESSFUL)

DAY/NIGHT 2:

Glimmer daykills Clove (SUCCESSFUL)
    Peeta sends article to Nautilus (SUCCESSFUL)
    Cain roleblocks Bonnie (FAILS; Ascetic)
    Striker removes Thresh's weapon (SUCCESSFUL)
    Gaia sends one-shot investigate to Nautilus (SUCCESSFUL)
    Gale activates veteran (SUCCESSFUL)
    Marvel jails The Boy with the Bad Leg (SUCCESSFUL)
    MAFIA kills Nautilus, shatters Rocks (SUCCESSFUL), remover is roleblocked

DAY/NIGHT 3:

Peeta sends article to The Boy with the Bad Leg (SUCCESSFUL)
    Twill targets Striker with doc (SUCCESSFUL)
    Striker roleblocks Gaia (SUCCESSFUL)
    Marvel jails Peeta (SUCCESSFUL)
    Cain roleblocks Rue (SUCCESSFUL)
    MAFIA kills Gaia, shatters Whip, removes Slingshot (SUCCESSFUL)

DAY/NIGHT 4:

Peeta sends article to Madge (SUCCESSFUL)
    Marvel jails Rue (SUCCESSFUL)
    Cain roleblocks The Boy with the Bad Leg (SUCCESSFUL)
    MAFIA kills Cain, shatters Net (SUCCESSFUL), sends veteran (FAILS)

DAY/NIGHT 5:

Peeta sends article to Gale (SUCCESSFUL)
    MAFIA kills Striker, sends motivate to Cato, shatters Water Cannon, removes Blowgun (SUCCESSFUL)

DAY/NIGHT 6:

Peeta sends article to Cato (SUCCESSFUL)
    MAFIA kills Twill, shatters Brick (SUCCESSFUL)

DAY/NIGHT 7:

MAFIA kills Madge, shatters Sickle (SUCCESSFUL)

Spoiler : Mod Thoughts :

What worked:
    Innovation of the setup
    Modgaming and massclaim protection
    Balanced setup
    Game mechanics

What didn't work:
    Failure to account SC2Mafia town strength
    Mod errors
    Soft lynching
    Daychat
    Questions
    Ambiguous role interactions

Starting with the negatives, I believe the biggest failure of this setup was not accounting SC2Mafia town strength in the setup, from a design perspective. I designed this setup adapting to mafiascum's setup balancing meter, not realizing that with shorter days and less analytical skills the SC2Mafia town would have a difficult time lynching scum purely on behavior (given that unskilled/apathetic town in SC2Mafia can just be as scummy as scum, and stronger scum can easily look townie without much work). I threw in a couple of blunt instruments during balancing discussion with Citrus (notably, changing the Pod from another vanilla weapon to an Inventor and adding the Flag), but I did not anticipate the Inventor being roleblocked all game/the Flag being useless with the mafia shattering their own weapons. (In addition, I did not anticipate how the town no-lynched Day 1 and 2, which caused the Flag to enter the game later than expected - and far little too late for the town, with Cato picking it up and dashing hopes of the town's catchup).

Another problem was this game were all of the mod errors. Perhaps it's probably because of my inexperience hosting larger games with short day/night periods but there were a couple of inexcusable errors including extended days/nights, inconsistent starting and ending times, and the big mod error with modkilling Primrose. I'm glad that it didn't affect the game too much (except remove all of the entertaining possibilities of the Miller weapon) except put the town at an extra body down, but nonetheless I should have doublechecked the votes and realized that Bonnie was the lynch, not Primrose. Also, I put up soft lynch on the start of Day 6 without realizing that the day was in mylo, thus meaning no soft lynches. - I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused. I also could have been more clear about the emphasis on behavioral analysis in the signup thread, as well as role PM quoting which led to the destruction of the Electrocution weapon.

Soft lynching, while a good idea in theory (and has worked well in another site with 72-hour-days) I felt caused too many people to be conservative with their voting. While I like the idea, there were many stalled out lynches - see the one on Thresh (?) at the end of Day 2, and the one on Madge at the end of Day 1. Soft lynching should be solving these problems, not cause more people to abstain from voting (or voting for people who are not the town's main suspects, thus making your vote useless)

I also felt that daychat (you can read the mafia chat - honestly one of the biggest I've ever seen) proved to be a big edge for the mafia. It allowed them to coordinate things in real time and was a focal point at allowing the mafia to dominate during this game. Again, while I like the idea of daychat in short days in theory (since 24 hours is way too short for planning, et al) I will be taking measures in the future (If I even have one... see Manifesto) to reduce the power of unlimited daychat. It's also possible that the daychat's power was magnified by how well the mafia used it (they used it early and often).

Another big problem I felt I had with the setup was the ambiguous OoO and answering setup questions. I often found that I was "afraid" to answer questions, since I come from a community that hosts a lot of closed setups and the default answer is usually "I can't answer that". While none of the wonky interactions appeared in game, it made it pretty difficult to answer hypothetical questions, and I was a bit afraid that I'd stumble upon a contradiction. I also should have been clearer with the OoO - swiped it completely from mafiascum, without realizing the strange role interactions (I chose to classify the shatter ability as a roleblock later in the game, for example, leaving me to make up things on the fly, which you should really never do as a mod)

Onto the positives, I do feel like without major review work done it was fairly innovative and balanced. The "balance" of the game is a crapshoot at best, since the weapon distributions means that items were assigned essentially randomly. I do feel like when I was randomizing the scumteam that it was pretty strong (most of them were fairly strong players) and I was delighted seeing the town randomize most of the "good" weapons (JoaT, Daykill, Inventor, Sheriff, etc), as I thought that it would outweigh any strong position the mafia could have took in the Day. I felt like the mafia used their only power role (remover) very well, and as to my knowledge I really like the items system of this game - it made it so players weren't autocleared for having a confirmable role, which meant that doing your own work in terms of figuring out who was town and scum, which is really the point of the game.

I also liked the modgaming and massclaim protection - some assumptions were made at the beginning, middle, and end to the game on how the role composition would look like, and they were mostly incorrect, as I pointed out in obs chat. Townies were also hesitant to claim their weapon due to the confirmed mafia factional shattering ability, which also made it that a full massclaim never really took place. (Keep in mind that a massclaim would have been pretty ineffective anyways, because of the role randomization). Take this as a lesson - modgaming will usually land you in trouble, and you should never base major decisions based on "I think the mod would have done X" - focusing on other forms of analysis will be better.

I also thought the game mechanics with the drafting was good, as it allowed people to choose their own roles. While the first weapon draft went a bit too long (Note to self: make this a Pick First game) Citrus fixed the later weapon drafts by incorporating them into Days, which was obviously much better than giving them their own phase.

---

As for the play, I thought that the town played terribly for the first three Days or so (seems to be a recurring trend in M-FMs). I felt that the town did not take advantage of the extra discussion time with Weapon Drafting to get the scumhunting started, and ended with a lone wagon on Madge. Glimmer should have never expended the daykill on Clove - the best play would have been for Clove to claim that she had the Fire weapon (which allowed you to suicide) and use the daykill, lynch, and Fire weapon to clear out the top three lynches, which could have been HUGE - IIRC, Rue was a major candidate for a lynch around that time, and you guys could have dealt with some mislynch fodder as soon as Day 3 opened.

Town losing Nautilus was huge blow, as he was one of the few people who had a good grasp on the game (despite his posting restriction). Losing control of the Sheriff was bad but thankfully Nautilus breadcrumbed Twill as innocent after the Sheriff weapon was made public knowledge. I think Day 3 was when town went off its rockers - best play, again, would had been to lynch someone else and for Bonnie to shoot, but the scum strongarmed this lynch all the way through. The loss of Primrose also proved to be a big factor - even though Dagaen replaced into Madge Primrose was one of the few people trying to move the game forward and provided a counteract to the scum dominance of discussion (protip: If scum gain control of the discussion, they're bound to win barring unnecessary bussing, and that's what the scum in this game did here for Days 1-3)

A sidenote, but I think that town could also have benefitted greatly from judicious use of Occam's Razor. Why are you buying the ridiculous made-up stories by scum re: uninformed bus driver and redirector? The most simplest explanation is that they're lying. ika makes a great point:

Quote Originally Posted by ika
    what i hate more is how everyone is trying to put some logical sense of night actions when nobody ever thinks of the most basic idea:

someone is lying

i mean with the game of everyone thinking of a floating bus driver, has anyone given an idea that maybe, he was not a bus driver and he lied?

this is what i find retarded, ppl trying to make logical sense of something when they don't think of the most basic answer
    Luckily, a lynch was reached on Foxface Day 4 (who gave the town their first scum body) but I'd argue that the town didn't use the interactions well enough. See:

Foxface (8 [L-0]): Thresh (Mayor), Madge, The Boy with the Bad Leg, Striker, Twill, Marvel, Peeta
    Striker (3 [L-5]): Cato, Rue, Foxface

This is how you use vote count analysis, folks - notice ALL OF THE SCUM pushing for Striker (town) mislynch and most of the town pushing for the mafia lynch (obviously, there were scum bussing, but scum usually never start trains on their buddies or hop on too early - the scum in this game defended each other hard).

Another situation happened on Day 5, which was the Day most crucial in providing the mafia victory. It looked the TBWTBL was going to be the lynch, but Marvel (who I admit had been playing a fair game up until now) implodes, giving the scum a free mislynch.

Marvel (7 [L-0]): Thresh (Mayor), The Boy with the Bad Leg, Glimmer, Cato, Katniss, Rue
    The Boy with the Bad Leg (2 [L-5]): Striker, Marvel

Scum pushed this lynch through - pure and simple. More mafia were on that wagon than townies. I feel like better use of interaction + voting analysis could have pinned the scum to the wall HARD this game - see the Avatar M-FM, where I cleared a bunch of townies off of Monk Gyatso's flip.

The next couple of lynches were set in stone in favor of the town, but scum literally had to scapegoat somebody to win, as town was in Perpetual Mylo throughout. Cato did a great job distancing himself from his scumbuddies - only ONE of your teammates needs to survive to endgame to win, and that's what he did. It only took a Glimmer mislynch to win the game for the scum.

Overall, the scum outplayed the town on Days 1-3, and that dug town too deep a hole to come back and win it late game. The back-breaking lynch for them was the Marvel lynch; scum could just play an attrition war after that.

M-FM Hunger Games Observer Chat
    M-FM Hunger Games Mafia Chat

Thanks to louiswill, NoctiZ, Titus, and 42shadow42 for replacing in.

Town MVP: Gale/Titus, for being one of the few people who was lucid and drove wagons, even if they weren't always on scum. She also had nearly all the scum PoE'd out as early as Day 4/5, and was one of the only ones to take vote count analysis/interactions into account. Honorable mentions to Primadge/Dagaen for pushing the game forwards as town and for performing some impressive analysis lategame, and Striker/42shadow42 for nailing scum to the wall hard early-game with his gambits.

Mafia MVP: This was a tough choice for most of the game - the mafia in this game played fairly well compared to the town and had very strong teamwork. I'm giving it to Orpz/Cato for his excellent lategame play (his Governor gambit made him nearly "confirmed" town, and that's very good for my/lylo) as well as a townie smokescreen to remain out of the limelight until his gambit succeeded. He also was very good at controlling his thread presence throughout the game, always there and always seeming "active" but never being called out for lurking.

Questions? Comments? Corn flakes? Let me know.

Yours,
    Poriomania

Spoiler : MANIFESTO :
    I developed this game based off of an IRC chat mafia session with powerofdeath, Citrus, and ika during.. PoD's birthday, I believe. I was bouncing off ideas with ika on what should my M-FM theme should be and came up with this. We all thought it sounded interesting, so I asked Citrus (the only other person there who could cohost with me) to cohost (PoD could not host due to Voodoo, ika had Serial Arsonfather)

I believe that the one of the cool design elements of mafia is player choice - I've found that players are almost immediately more enthralled in a game when you let them influence parts of the design, or when you give them choices. The weapons were slightly flavorgamable but ensured that players got to "pick your role" - a cool, fun concept that I may reuse again in the future.

I found that most of the SC2Mafia meta was based on finding confirmable town players with powerful roles and sheeping them (as I saw during M-FM Voodoo, where people trusted the masons, and M-FM Avatar, where the setup was basically "tons of Citizens, 4 confirmed town players, and a townsiding Jailor vs. tons of survivors and 4 mafioso), so I designed this setup in which ANYONE could have a power role, which solved problems with a hypothetical massclaim and gave players inherent distrust in power roles. Player choice empowers the players and makes them feel like active participants instead of near-vanillas.

So that's my manifesto for this game - I want it to prove that I can design a fun, innovative setup with lots of power roles yet still focusing on behavioral analysis (my other couple of S-FMs have been power light and.. boring, to say the least) while punishing players relying on old, bad tactics such as setup speculation and lazy analysis.

It's no secret that I have been considering calling time on my SC2 mafia career for more than a couple months, now. I'm not a huge fan of how the site meta has played out, and I made this setup to improve the community's player strength as a whole. Before I go, I want to win the M-FM poll to prove that I can design good setups and to establish myself as one of the site's premier hosts, and I think Hunger Games Mafia is a game that will both thrill the players and make my point.
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; February 25th, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

17. ISO #2517

18. ISO #2518

Citizens of Panem! I regret to inform that this year's Hunger Games must end early. We have discovered a plot by a number of the Tributes to overthrow the Captiol!

We have summarily executed the following Tributes: Gale and Thresh.

In addition, we want to reward some of our most loyal citizens who worked their hardest to ensure the Capitol would reign supreme!

We discovered the the Tribute Katniss was crucial to the Revolutionary Tributes, and thus we replaced her with an Avox, Lavinia, also known by the name of Azuriae! We knew that Lavinia had worked closely with Katniss prior to the Games, and thus hoped she would emulate her behavior as she well did.

In addition, the Citizen Alma Coin, also known as Orpz, stepped forward to take the place of the Career Tribute Cato, who unfortunately had an accident prior to the Hunger Games. Alma Coin will be rewarded greatly as the new Director of Punishment over the 12 Districts.

We would also like to recognize some of our most loyal citizens who gave their lives to our great nation: Apache, Gerik, and RLVG! Their families shall receive great deals of money for the coming decades.

Panem! To quell all rebellion, we are implementing new rules! There shall be a curfew, and all citizens must pay additional taxes to the Capitol. Resistance will be met with execution.

Orpz, or Alma Coin, will now perform a symbolic action. It was discovered that a secret flag was placed in our Arena by these Revolutionaries.

*Orpz/Alma Coin/Cato unfurls the large banner of the Mockingjay - and then Shatters it!*

Resistance is futile! Succumb to the Capitol!

To Our Future!
    Last edited by The Jester King; February 25th, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

19. ISO #2519

20. ISO #2520

21. ISO #2521

22. ISO #2522

23. ISO #2523

I developed this game based off of an IRC chat mafia session with powerofdeath, Citrus, and ika during.. PoD's birthday, I believe. I was bouncing off ideas with ika on what should my M-FM theme should be and came up with this. We all thought it sounded interesting, so I asked Citrus (the only other person there who could cohost with me) to cohost (PoD could not host due to Voodoo, ika had Serial Arsonfather)

I believe that the one of the cool design elements of mafia is player choice - I've found that players are almost immediately more enthralled in a game when you let them influence parts of the design, or when you give them choices. The weapons were slightly flavorgamable but ensured that players got to "pick your role" - a cool, fun concept that I may reuse again in the future.

I found that most of the SC2Mafia meta was based on finding confirmable town players with powerful roles and sheeping them (as I saw during M-FM Voodoo, where people trusted the masons, and M-FM Avatar, where the setup was basically "tons of Citizens, 4 confirmed town players, and a townsiding Jailor vs. tons of survivors and 4 mafioso), so I designed this setup in which ANYONE could have a power role, which solved problems with a hypothetical massclaim and gave players inherent distrust in power roles. Player choice empowers the players and makes them feel like active participants instead of near-vanillas.

So that's my manifesto for this game - I want it to prove that I can design a fun, innovative setup with lots of power roles yet still focusing on behavioral analysis (my other couple of S-FMs have been power light and.. boring, to say the least) while punishing players relying on old, bad tactics such as setup speculation and lazy analysis.

It's no secret that I have been considering calling time on my SC2 mafia career for more than a couple months, now. I'm not a huge fan of how the site meta has played out, and I made this setup to improve the community's player strength as a whole. Before I go, I want to win the M-FM poll to prove that I can design good setups and to establish myself as one of the site's premier hosts, and I think Hunger Games Mafia is a game that will both thrill the players and make my point.[/QUOTE]

You remembered!!! <3<3<3<3

24. ISO #2524

Wow. Cato got hammered fast as the MVP. Can't say I disagree though.

This is probably one of the best games that I put forth, despite losing. I had my moments with BBL. The setup works really well and I like it a fair amount. Regarding individual players, I don't have the time to do a writeup right now, but just pm me on Mafiascum and I'd be glad to give feedback.

I also would like to see the night actions as I still don't get where the RB on BBL came from.

I'm also shocked scum didn't push harder for my lynch.

25. ISO #2525

26. ISO #2526

27. ISO #2527

28. ISO #2528

29. ISO #2529

30. ISO #2530

@host: you still didnt explain, why softlynch was removed at all and why this wasnt in the setup
    also, who did nautilus target the night he died
    and you said you would explain why bonnie wasnt modkilled for quoting feedback. i dont think it was fair, you 'punished' her by making her a power role, which could potentially kill a scum in addition. if you dont modkill her you should at least make her vanilla. no pm quoting was a clear rule and it's disallowed in almost every setup. plus it's just common sense that confirming your own role by copying the text cant be allowed. theres no excuse for doing this.
    anyway, with bonnie getting lynched and prim getting killed by accident, it's quite fair after all as we can just say, if everything went fine, bonnie would have been modkilled and prim lynched (which could actually have happened if bonnie was gone). so i doubt these 2 events in sum had a real impact on the game (- times - is plus lol)

31. ISO #2531

Quote Originally Posted by Gale View Post

I'm also shocked scum didn't push harder for my lynch.
    You were a strong player, but if anything, I think we would have killed you over trying a hard push for your lynch.

In the last days, our tactic was simply to bus each other and let Cato be the last one alive; we knew someone like Glimmer would've been lynched over him.
    Plus, you were pushing for Glimmer as scum, so it was good for us to leave you alive, in a way.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FMs: XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI
    MFMs: XIII, XIV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XXI, XXII
    SFMs: Too many.
    SFM Night 1 Death Percentage: 72%
    Hosted: SFM 89, SFM 118

32. ISO #2532

bonnie would have been modkilled and prim lynched
    I'd be really pissed off if I were lynched while being AFK...At least being modkilled gave me a wonderful WTF moment:P

Btw, my first modkill, I have to be careful from now on
    Indolent.756, EU server.
    Indolent.628, NA server.

33. ISO #2533

34. ISO #2534

answer to #2515 from hedouville (ika)

it was a planned item, mislynches are moot. It was to help town in post analysis. Example: person thats being read scummy due to scums and manipulating town picks up flag. Viola scums now get fucked (most likely)

well host said the plan was to drop it after 2 mislynches in a row. but that never occured. so i dont understand why it was dropped though, pls explain

who you mean now, bonnie or foxface. i stopped pursueing the bonnie mislynch after he claimed suicide bomber. and on foxface i had my vote on him because i had to (being remover i must know he lied about bus n2 action and gale has made up a bunch of shit that fox picked up, like n1 for example, striker never said anything about his target being bussed) but i didnt really push for the lynch.

bonnie says otherwise
    well i was merely looking at her foses, not what she said after game. ofc after foxface showed up she was going to suicide on him but i am talking about if he never voted bonnie

becasue gale pegged you becasue you were too aware of it and she called it distancing/bussing which could be a connection

no gale said i was pushing for striker lynch but i did only at the start. my mates did this then

well yes that was the trigger, i mentioned it in the thoughts on marvel part. but it wouldnt be possible if many of the town had strong doubt in me looking scummy. then i would have been hammered easily, way earlier, town wouldnt hesitate to vote me and marvel wouldnt even admit to having lied and even if he did, my lynch would go through if everyone thinks i'm scum (what changed marvel being jailor really, nothing actually)

you just kept saying the same stuff as well so same could be said

because gale kept not understanding what i was saying

what i was saying in observer chat, town relies too much on pr and less on text.
    pretty much what i was saying

Quote Originally Posted by Azuriae View Post
    In the last days, our tactic was simply to bus each other and let Cato be the last one alive; we knew someone like Glimmer would've been lynched over him.
    this. before my inevitable demise i also accused cato and katniss, which gave cato further towncred
    FM Stats: Town 8 wins of 12 Mafia 3 of 4 All 11 of 16 (69%)

Complete FM History: Click

35. ISO #2535

You were a strong player, but if anything, I think we would have killed you over trying a hard push for your lynch.

Plus, you were pushing for Glimmer as scum, so it was good for us to leave you alive, in a way.
    I saw that coming, especially when Cato rarely bus you.

I asked everyone post their tendency of Glimmer <-> Katniss,

Due to no one reacted. I know mafia is secretly pushing Glimmer and therefore Gale is innocent.

Then I notice Me and Mage will hang Katniss yet Katniss and Glimmer will vote each other.

Peeta is a person who doesn't lead but rather jump in the train (usually lead by cato)

Glimmer's lacking activity made her much hopeless.

Choosing to lynch Glimmer, killing Madge is correct for mafia, because I was then the only one who would actually vote Katniss, while peeta has no idea what Cato is.

My bad I couldn't shelter Glimmer better.
    Last edited by louiswill; February 26th, 2014 at 11:23 AM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

36. ISO #2536

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    answer to #2515 from hedouville (ika)

well host said the plan was to drop it after 2 mislynches in a row. but that never occured. so i dont understand why it was dropped though, pls explain

town being shot by daykill, the modkill into another slot, town dying left and right.

who you mean now, bonnie or foxface. i stopped pursueing the bonnie mislynch after he claimed suicide bomber. and on foxface i had my vote on him because i had to (being remover i must know he lied about bus n2 action and gale has made up a bunch of shit that fox picked up, like n1 for example, striker never said anything about his target being bussed) but i didnt really push for the lynch.

you didn't HAVE to. foxface had enough town cred and you werent under enough supicion to have either of your lynches. you found his "slip" and caused his demise

bonnie says otherwise
    well i was merely looking at her foses, not what she said after game. ofc after foxface showed up she was going to suicide on him but i am talking about if he never voted bonnie

i still doubt it. but that would be left to bonnie to answer overall

no gale said i was pushing for striker lynch but i did only at the start. my mates did this then

so she went back and ruled striker as town, therefore you have a higher chance of being scum there.

well yes that was the trigger, i mentioned it in the thoughts on marvel part. but it wouldnt be possible if many of the town had strong doubt in me looking scummy. then i would have been hammered easily, way earlier, town wouldnt hesitate to vote me and marvel wouldnt even admit to having lied and even if he did, my lynch would go through if everyone thinks i'm scum (what changed marvel being jailor really, nothing actually)

i think yp caused his own downfall with his "i claim jailor" if he just waited till next day you would of been lynch by the looks of it.

you just kept saying the same stuff as well so same could be said

because gale kept not understanding what i was saying

i belive gale did, the fact was that you were scum. This could be a reason why she was being so dense to you. How i take it is that it was titus being titus, i would of delibertly been dense to you like she was to anger you. sometimes anger can casue more slip-ups as well

pretty much what i was saying

this is more of me being "i said it first kinda thing" XD

this. before my inevitable demise i also accused cato and katniss, which gave cato further towncred
    answered

37. ISO #2537

@host: you still didnt explain, why softlynch was removed at all and why this wasnt in the setup
    also, who did nautilus target the night he died
    and you said you would explain why bonnie wasnt modkilled for quoting feedback. i dont think it was fair, you 'punished' her by making her a power role, which could potentially kill a scum in addition. if you dont modkill her you should at least make her vanilla. no pm quoting was a clear rule and it's disallowed in almost every setup. plus it's just common sense that confirming your own role by copying the text cant be allowed. theres no excuse for doing this.
    anyway, with bonnie getting lynched and prim getting killed by accident, it's quite fair after all as we can just say, if everything went fine, bonnie would have been modkilled and prim lynched (which could actually have happened if bonnie was gone). so i doubt these 2 events in sum had a real impact on the game (- times - is plus lol)
    Softlynch being removed at my/lylo was explained in the first opening post.

Nautilus targeted Katniss, so that was a lucky kill.

I wanted to take the action that would least affect the game in all of my mod decisions, and I wasn't sure how much "uproar" I would get from making more drastic decisions. Modkilling the weapon seemed like the best choice - after all, the player is quoting a weapon PM (which belongs to the weapon), not a player PM. In retrospect, making him draft a vanilla weapon would have been a good choice, but that's dangerously close to me making up things on the fly.

---

We errata'd the Flag weapon after realizing that the town was going to no lynch Days 1 and 2 - wanted to give the Flag a chance to appear, and I did not anticipate the two no lynches.

38. ISO #2538

@ika: you know it's hard to respond to this because i cant quote it^^

you didn't HAVE to. foxface had enough town cred and you werent under enough supicion to have either of your lynches. you found his "slip" and caused his demise

first i dont think he would have been saved if i didnt accuse him. look at it, striker and marvel both confirmed his n1 and n3 actions are wrong. town didnt buy the striker is scum thing set up by my mates. foxface pushed hard for bonnie lynch and ppl like madge also thought he is scum because of behaviour. at start i tried to start a different train but that didnt work either.
    second, if i hadnt voted him, how would i have explained why, if i knew he was lying about n2 action? makes no sense, instant hammer on d5 and lose if not every townie is totally retarded
    foxface caused his own demise with this bullshit night actions he claimed; he couldnt be saved. and pushing for bonnie lynch was already the start of his downfall

so she went back and ruled striker as town, therefore you have a higher chance of being scum there.
    my pushing for striker lynch before foxface train wasnt her argument and i dont think it could be used against me as my reason was legit

i think yp caused his own downfall with his "i claim jailor" if he just waited till next day you would of been lynch by the looks of it.
    probably. i'm pretty sure both was required to make the mislynch happen, marvel's implode and ppl reading me as town before i was outed as remover. as i wrote, if ppl thought i am scummy, jailor claim wouldnt have changed much imo

i belive gale did, the fact was that you were scum. This could be a reason why she was being so dense to you. How i take it is that it was titus being titus, i would of delibertly been dense to you like she was to anger you. sometimes anger can casue more slip-ups as well

well i dont think so, first this seemed quite honest and second this didnt help at all convincing the others.

yeah i know you said it first

Quote Originally Posted by Poriomania View Post
    Softlynch being removed at my/lylo was explained in the first opening post.
    i think you should have made it more clear and especially it should also be written in the setup itself. then on the day of mylo you could have written:
    it takes x voted to lynch
    no softlynch

instead of just leaving it out

39. ISO #2539

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

i think you should have made it more clear and especially it should also be written in the setup itself. then on the day of mylo you could have written:
    it takes x voted to lynch
    no softlynch

instead of just leaving it out
    Wise words for future FM's but what's done is done. It was in fact in a mod-directed post, so the ball was in your courts (as players) to have read it.

40. ISO #2540

@ika: you know it's hard to respond to this because i cant quote it^^

first i dont think he would have been saved if i didnt accuse him. look at it, striker and marvel both confirmed his n1 and n3 actions are wrong. town didnt buy the striker is scum thing set up by my mates. foxface pushed hard for bonnie lynch and ppl like madge also thought he is scum because of behaviour. at start i tried to start a different train but that didnt work either.
    second, if i hadnt voted him, how would i have explained why, if i knew he was lying about n2 action? makes no sense, instant hammer on d5 and lose if not every townie is totally retarded
    foxface caused his own demise with this bullshit night actions he claimed; he couldnt be saved. and pushing for bonnie lynch was already the start of his downfall

i disagree still with this becasue i think if you didnt vote he wouldnt of gotten his soft-lynch obtained, i think he could of gotten a clear. but its hard to say overall what would of unfolded, titus did bring up the fact you were bussing/distancing him with your vote iirc

my pushing for striker lynch before foxface train wasnt her argument and i dont think it could be used against me as my reason was legit
    any reason could techancly be legit. what was her argument then?

probably. i'm pretty sure both was required to make the mislynch happen, marvel's implode and ppl reading me as town before i was outed as remover. as i wrote, if ppl thought i am scummy, jailor claim wouldnt have changed much imo

thats why im saying marvel gave you a free pass. this is more kinda directed at marvel and that he should learn to read setup and pay attention instead of lurk

well i dont think so, first this seemed quite honest and second this didnt help at all convincing the others.

this is just more commentary now about titus, but its her playstlye to tunnel hard. its rather amusing and fun. when you know how to deal with her when shes town, its not hard. but she will stick to her guns

yeah i know you said it first

41. ISO #2541

Quote Originally Posted by Poriomania View Post
    Nautilus targeted Katniss, so that was a lucky kill.
    Well shit. We dodged a bullet there, that was a good kill. :P

42. ISO #2542

Well shit. We dodged a bullet there, that was a good kill. :P
    It was good.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

43. ISO #2543

44. ISO #2544

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    I lol'd at Clem and I both replacing out of this game.
    What's so funny about it?

45. ISO #2545

46. ISO #2546

[QUOTE by ika broken]@ika: you know it's hard to respond to this because i cant quote it^^

i disagree still with this becasue i think if you didnt vote he wouldnt of gotten his soft-lynch obtained, i think he could of gotten a clear. but its hard to say overall what would of unfolded, titus did bring up the fact you were bussing/distancing him with your vote iirc

i dont remember all of it but one of the main arguments was that i still tried to convince the town striker is scum after i voted foxface, but in reality i said that makes striker almost confirmed town (though not 100% safe)

thats why im saying marvel gave you a free pass. this is more kinda directed at marvel and that he should learn to read setup and pay attention instead of lurk

this is just more commentary now about titus, but its her playstlye to tunnel hard. its rather amusing and fun. when you know how to deal with her when shes town, its not hard. but she will stick to her guns
    it's not about tunneling hard but about not understanding what ppl say. example: i said multiple times that striker did NOT see 3 ppl visiting cato n1 and that there is nothing that indicates cato busdriven n1.
    yeah i know you said it first [/QUOTE]

yellow

47. ISO #2547

48. ISO #2548

i dont remember all of it but one of the main arguments was that i still tried to convince the town striker is scum after i voted foxface, but in reality i said that makes striker almost confirmed town (though not 100% safe)
    i think that might of been a prtty good reason why you would be scum then, its contradicts (or what you want to call it) that you vote someone (im guessing you didnt think was scum) while trying to make someone else look liek scum. if foxface flipped town i could see it but it would look more like distancing and could link you. i/we would have to look back at the full case to truly figure it out

it's not about tunneling hard but about not understanding what ppl say. example: i said multiple times that striker did NOT see 3 ppl visiting cato n1 and that there is nothing that indicates cato busdriven n1.
    then comes the question, how would you know that? that is unless you were
    A) both mafia (which is true)
    B) had outside knowledge of his visitation/role (kinda goes back to A)
    C) cc him (but you were remover)

i think it came down more to deduction of what was claimed/feedbacks/what happened that justified her reasoning vs you trying to discredit it. Her scenario made more sense vs yours where you had the "knowing" in town perspective wise. I think it also contibuted that she started to get more and more town cred vs you.

GREEN!

yellow[/QUOTE]

49. ISO #2549

50. ISO #2550

No one tunnel harder than I did.

I literally framed Rue from every angle and every theory, employed both mocking and slandering, rage strategies.

There is only one reason why Damus is replaced out: SO I CAN REPLACED IN!!!!!

I secretly paid Damus a noodle burger from white castle to bailout his mayor role.