M-FM XXII Hunger Games Gamethread - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #301

2. ISO #302

Re: M-FM XXI - Hunger Games

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Teemo wonders what purpose pressuring Rue has, Teemo thinks pressure is much better placed on Glimmer
    -vote Glimmer
    I like this vote. I had bad feelings about Glimmer early into the draft. His responses seemed like someone who was trying to get comfortable with everyone. Everyone should be skeptical this early in the game, so the tone of his posts set off some alarms for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Madge View Post
    So I double checked the setup and 1/4 of us are scum.

With a double voter and other roles that can pick up other votes, we have to be really careful about scum numbers. Make sure you place your vote carefully and deliberately.

Do we have a night phase right after the weapon draft or a day phase?
    I really didn't like this post! It seems soooo forced.

1. why do you have to mention you double checked the setup? I could easily see scum saying something like this to intentionally increase distance from the Mafia, ie "I had to double check the setup to find out there was 5 mafia, not because I have four other mafia members."

2. tells everyone to be careful with their votes due to scum numbers. while on the surface this is seen as protown, it's obvious information. It's basic mafia knowledge. i could easily see scum saying things like this to try to seem more town.

Getting a forced feeling from madge's post + the 2 things i listed that can be taken that way really gives me a bad feeling.

If someone could look into madge, that'd be appreciated

-vote Glimmer
    since there is already a vote

3. ISO #303

4. ISO #304

Quote Originally Posted by Thresh View Post
    Twill,
    What's your favorite color
    Black... like my men.

Purely meta based pressure. Players who picked others who weren't present (scum buddies). I've got my eye on Primrose and Clove. Primrose is going on about how her weapon selection is horrible, so I'm not going to pressure her to say what it is. I'm also assuming good faith that she was picking Katniss for the sake of role playing... which is kinda kinky

-vote Clove

I'd like to know more about Clove before the first night.

5. ISO #305

6. ISO #306

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    I like this vote. I had bad feelings about Glimmer early into the draft. His responses seemed like someone who was trying to get comfortable with everyone. Everyone should be skeptical this early in the game, so the tone of his posts set off some alarms for me.

1. why do you have to mention you double checked the setup? I could easily see scum saying something like this to intentionally increase distance from the Mafia, ie "I had to double check the setup to find out there was 5 mafia, not because I have four other mafia members."

2. tells everyone to be careful with their votes due to scum numbers. while on the surface this is seen as protown, it's obvious information. It's basic mafia knowledge. i could easily see scum saying things like this to try to seem more town.

Getting a forced feeling from madge's post + the 2 things i listed that can be taken that way really gives me a bad feeling.

-vote Glimmer
    since there is already a vote
    This makes a lot of sense- except the part where you voted for glimmer. I think your case on Madge is pretty solid. I think personally I'd rather hpressure him than glimmer. But maybe I'm missing something. Can anyone summarize the case against glimmer for me?

7. ISO #307

8. ISO #308

9. ISO #309

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post

I said I double checked the setup because prior to double checking it, I literally could not tell you how many players were of each faction.

It's not basic mafia knowledge due to the unusual nature of the roles this game. For example, the soft lynches make each town person's vote not cast that much more important since mafia can coordinate together and easily push soft lynches.

Additionally, I don't like role synergy of possible roles. Let's pretend there is a Double Voter weapon shattered.

Mafia JoaT: JoaT's inventor, can give a double vote to the motivator and the daykiller. Use JoaT's amnesiac to get double votes
    Mafia Motivator: Motivate the JoaT's Inventor to give 2 double votes out, given double votes
    Mafia Daykiller: -1 town, given double votes
    Mafia Backup: copied the double voter
    Mafia Amnesiac: copied the double voter

Day power: 10 votes, 1 daykill

Basically what I'm trying to say is that given the proper synergy of mafia roles, we could have already almost lost. I really doubt that this is common information, which is why I commented on it.

Town members placing votes carelessly on town members could trigger a threshold where mafia can hammer and come away with voting majority. Mafia members only have to control the lynch, not eliminate all the town.

Sure, look into me. I've got nothing to hide.

10. ISO #310

11. ISO #311

I said I double checked the setup because prior to double checking it, I literally could not tell you how many players were of each faction.

It's not basic mafia knowledge due to the unusual nature of the roles this game. For example, the soft lynches make each town person's vote not cast that much more important since mafia can coordinate together and easily push soft lynches.

Additionally, I don't like role synergy of possible roles. Let's pretend there is a Double Voter weapon shattered.

Mafia JoaT: JoaT's inventor, can give a double vote to the motivator and the daykiller. Use JoaT's amnesiac to get double votes
    Mafia Motivator: Motivate the JoaT's Inventor to give 2 double votes out, given double votes

Basically what I'm trying to say is that given the proper synergy of mafia roles, we could have already almost lost. I really doubt that this is common information, which is why I commented on it.

Town members placing votes carelessly on town members could trigger a threshold where mafia can hammer and come away with voting majority. Mafia members only have to control the lynch, not eliminate all the town.

I'm surprised nobody else pointed this out, but this gives that whole OMGUS feeling. The odds of what she suggested are so ridiculous, she's earned my vote.

-vote Madge

12. ISO #312

13. ISO #313

14. ISO #314

15. ISO #315

lol you really think the mafia got exactly that weapons? the odds for that are pretty much (IF they even are all in game) 1/53130

sure, they could work on getting these weapons to become ultra powerful. but i don't see any reason, why a townie would post such a plan to get them ideas. this doesn't help us at all. so i don't come to the conclusion that you're town
    -vote Madge

16. ISO #316

17. ISO #317

Quote Originally Posted by The Boy with the Bad Leg View Post
    lol you really think the mafia got exactly that weapons? the odds for that are pretty much (IF they even are all in game) 1/53130

sure, they could work on getting these weapons to become ultra powerful. but i don't see any reason, why a townie would post such a plan to get them ideas. this doesn't help us at all. so i don't come to the conclusion that you're town
    -vote Madge
    I've heard someone saying that "some weapons may be a combination of two or more role cards."! I am good at math and I think that counting probabilities without having actual numbers is really not smart!

I also think that killing someone without any proof is a bad thing! Madge said some things but you can interpret them both ways!

18. ISO #318

19. ISO #319

20. ISO #320

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I've heard someone saying that "some weapons may be a combination of two or more role cards."! I am good at math and I think that counting probabilities without having actual numbers is really not smart!

I also think that killing someone without any proof is a bad thing! Madge said some things but you can interpret them both ways!
    Lol yes i made the presumptions that all of them are in game (which i doubt actually, for instance backup + amne seems unlikely) and those weapons arent twice in game and theres no weapon that has 2 of those roles. But it doesnt matter if it is 1/50k or 1/60k what matters is that the chance is fucking small (the point of my unprecise calculation was to show you how small) and i think youre scummy trying to disprove my argument by claiming i am not 100% right. Defense of madge noted.

also some general stuff, in life you dont need 100% exact calculations most times, just like here, so its not dumb at all to make an approach without knowing every single detail

21. ISO #321

Yeah, yeah, it's classical Fermi problem, you are smart Uncle! Now please explain to me why Madge has to be scum for mentioning unlikely, but possible situation in which we have to be careful? If she was scum she can discuss everything in secret scum chat, right? And how advising Town to be careful is bad for us?

And yes, I'm defending Madge, good thing you noted it!:P

22. ISO #322

Oh, and about Madge once again? Scummy fellows have their own secret meeting place, why would someone propose such plan in public?
    There are several reasons for this here are some
    -fake contribution (as this would never happen anyway)
    -distract the towns attention to something that never happens
    -try to make town think thats what the mafia will try to achieve while he knows theyre not

i agree that this are not really good reasons for writing this but still he did and i cant see how a townie would do this.

23. ISO #323

Well, I don't like people who are faking contributions, I think they are meanies! But I prefer to pressure people who actually didn't contributed at all, like Clove!

And I don't think that thinking about different scenarios counts as distracting! Madge sure looked scummy with her first post, but her #309 doesn't look like something that bad guy would think! And she mentioned (not directly) one important thing - strength of each faction will be changing all the time. E.g. if Bad Guys have Weapon Switcher/Remover + Investigator they can easily make Madge's scenario happen! You think that pairing is also so far-fetched?

24. ISO #324

25. ISO #325

26. ISO #326

Yes as i said they could work on getting it and its actually possible. And know they know of it thx to madge if he was town. That would be pretty bad for town thats why i think hes not town and voted him
    If Madge was scum she would mention it in scum chat, not in public. At least that's what I believe!

Oh, and...

-unvote

Clove is 1 vote away from being soft-lynched, I should probably wait for him to say something! Yes, that seems to be the right way!

27. ISO #327

28. ISO #328

29. ISO #329

There is no need to convince anyone to vote. Either your goal is to apply pressure to someone, or it isn't. 4 players want to apply pressure to Clove. 4 other players don't, they'd rather apply pressure to Madge. Neither is going to early reveal without a soft lynch count, so the only information gained is who we're not aligned with- even that is partial information at best since it's not a 'real' lynch vote that results in lynching.

30. ISO #330

31. ISO #331

Well, I don't like people who are faking contributions, I think they are meanies! But I prefer to pressure people who actually didn't contributed at all, like Clove!
    Why do you want to pressure players who haven't contributed? That seems like an ineffective strategy. If someone is inactive, they are less likely to even noticed there are votes on them before they get lynched, much less post more to defend themselves. The hosts will take care of lurkers for us. Let's just wait until they're modkilled. If they're not modkilled for a few days though, then we know something is probably up and we can start pressuring/lynching them.

32. ISO #332

I just had a thought- When we pressure someone, we should get them to the softlynch number and then stop voting until they respond. If we get too close to the actual vote count and the person defends themselves and we want to unvote, it may be difficult to get enough voters online again to unvote before day ends, and we may end up accidentally softlynching people that we didn't want to lynch at all. So we should use the softlynch number as a stopping point until we decide for certain that we want to lynch someone so that we don't end up accidentally lynching the wrong people.

33. ISO #333

yea you right. but i think maybe 8-10 votes would be ok. i don't want scums be able to just prevent a lynch by all unvoting

another general thought on the setup: the mafia have kill and shatter ability. i think they will try to use their shatter to get rid of our PRs and use the kill to take out smart players. because killing prs in this setup is pretty much useless as an other one will just pick the weapon.
    and also, yes there are no lws but this might not be such a big disadvantage as it seems. because if one's weapon is shattered there's nothing that stops him from revealing what the weapon did and revealing all his info and actions (unless the info is classified and scum shouldn't know ofc)

34. ISO #334

35. ISO #335

-vote Primrose

Scum defending town for towncred. Also weird comments about weapon breaking.
    Oh, so I'm scum for defending you? How nice! I wonder how forced is your reaction

Also please explain how asking people for removing my weapon is scummy? Guns suck you know!

36. ISO #336

37. ISO #337

38. ISO #338

39. ISO #339

40. ISO #340

yea you right. but i think maybe 8-10 votes would be ok. i don't want scums be able to just prevent a lynch by all unvoting

another general thought on the setup: the mafia have kill and shatter ability. i think they will try to use their shatter to get rid of our PRs and use the kill to take out smart players. because killing prs in this setup is pretty much useless as an other one will just pick the weapon.
    and also, yes there are no lws but this might not be such a big disadvantage as it seems. because if one's weapon is shattered there's nothing that stops him from revealing what the weapon did and revealing all his info and actions (unless the info is classified and scum shouldn't know ofc)
    mite shatter their own shite abilities

41. ISO #341

42. ISO #342

43. ISO #343

44. ISO #344

Scum likes avatars that will make people underestimate them or think of them as benign. See Tessebik the magikarp and Sandruu the sandshrew in the last FM. Primrose's avatar is constructed such that we will feel sorry for a poor little girl. Even within constraints of RP, there are less "I-was-just-kicked-by-a-dog" avatars that primrose could have chosen.

Couple this with the scum-defending-townie-for-towncred thing and primrose looks really bad.

45. ISO #345

46. ISO #346

47. ISO #347

It happened in the last FM, has happened in countless other games on this site as well as offsite games. Your motivations are congruent with scum wanting to gain towncred.
    You know, defending you is just a side effect of attacking your accusers, so don't think I want to be your friend!

It's really funny how you reacted, ya know? You are in the spotlight for shady behaviour and the first thing you do is deflecting! If you don't like my arguments, please go ahead and state your reasoning! After all you are 2 votes away from being soft-lynched and maaany people finds you shady!

48. ISO #348

Scum likes avatars that will make people underestimate them or think of them as benign. See Tessebik the magikarp and Sandruu the sandshrew in the last FM. Primrose's avatar is constructed such that we will feel sorry for a poor little girl. Even within constraints of RP, there are less "I-was-just-kicked-by-a-dog" avatars that primrose could have chosen.

Couple this with the scum-defending-townie-for-towncred thing and primrose looks really bad.
    Mom, Madge is throwing mud at me! I look how I look, I don't know how the heck you see that as scummy? I don't like this wild accusations one bit!

49. ISO #349

50. ISO #350