Re: M-FM XXI - Hunger Games

“You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”

Madge (5): Cato, Clove, Zeno, Rue, The Boy with the Bad Leg
    Clove (3): Foxface, Peeta, Twill
    Primrose (2): Nautilus, Madge
    Striker (2): Marvel, Cain
    Rue (2): Thresh (Mayor)
    Glimmer (1): Gaia

"And would you look at that! The Tributes are off already!

As you all know, Tributes tend to form small alliances the second they're thrown in the Games - most say it's worth working together to increase your chances of survival, but you never know when someone will stab you in the back.

It looks like Thresh is off to the best start today, picking up that Spear. The reach on that thing, he's like two Tributes combined into one.

And it appears we have a bit of teamwork from some of the Tributes already. Cato, Clove, Zeno, Rue, and That Boy with the Bad Leg are all closing in on poor old Madge! Will we have our first victim today? Ah, but it appears she's run off into the wilderness after grabbing that brick! And just in the nick of time too - if another Tribute was after her tail, I don't think she would have lived to see the sun set. Looks like every Tribute will survive into our very first night. Oh, but I wonder what the night will bring."

The Day has ended with a no lynch.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at this time. Send in your night actions within 24 hours. Night action deadline is 1 hour before night end.
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; February 7th, 2014 at 09:18 PM.

3. ISO #403

“Yes, frosting. The final defense of the dying.”

Day 2

Not many Tributes slept well the first night of the Hunger Games. Whether hiding up in a tree or taking refuge in a small river-side cave, dreams of warm bread and family homes dominated in the minds of many Tributes. But not all the Tributes were thinking of safety and comfort - some meticulously planned how they may gain an advantage, and a select few had begun taking the initiative already.

Zeno was one such Tribute. Feeling relatively safe armed with his Throwing Axe, he silently crept through the forest. What he did not know, was that he was not the only one with such a plan. Hearing some branches break behind him, he quickly spun around and launched his throwing axe. Hearing a sharp shriek, he quickly dashed forwards - and the last thing he heard was laughter as a sharp pain lanced through the back of his head.

The cannon has boomed! Zeno is dead. His body will be retrieved from the Arena. Rumor has it a Mockingjay Pin was seen pinned on his body, revealed upon his death.

After that, you hear a distant yell:
    Spoiler : Journalist :

Greetings. I have been targeted by a really annoying Journalist, but my question would be : Why me? Yes, why me? As we can see, the first day were painfully dragged out long and I have already made some reads. My opinion, Peeta / Primrose / TBWTBL / Twill / Zeno / Marvel are all definitive Green. I have a sword and it's awesome, but I'm not going to do anything with it and that's the reason I ask "Why me?". Someone with a more interesting weapon, like a seemingly useless gun would be a more curious target. Nevertheless, this confirms the identity of an existing Journalist and I would encourage it to be used as a newspaper for actions made by the interviewee and it's reads.

Sincerely, your gullible fuck Fox.

Katniss's Throwing Knives were removed and returned to the Cornucopia. She will need to acquire a new weapon from the Cornucopia.
    Marvel's Trident was shattered. He will need to aquire a new weapon from the Cornucopia.
    The Throwing Axe has been returned to the Cornucopia.

Second Weapon Draft

Currently Drafting:
    1. Katniss
    Has Not Drafted:
    2. Marvel

Cornucopia:
    1. Axe
    2. Baton
    3. Knife
    4. Net
    5. Sickle
    6. Throwing Axe
    7. Throwing Knives

Shattered:
    1. Trident (n1)

It is now the Second Weapon Draft. Players may now talk in the thread. Votes will have no effect until the Weapon Draft concludes.

When your turn to draft a weapon comes up, please select a weapon from the Cornucopia using the format TAKE: WEAPONAME then select the next player to draft using the format SELECT: PLAYERNAME.

Living Players (19):
    Glimmer (wielding Dagger)
    Marvel (NO WEAPON)
    Cato (wielding Rocks)
    Clove (wielding Fire)
    Nautilus (wielding Water Cannon)
    Foxface (wielding Sword)
    Striker* (wielding Blowgun)
    Gaia (wielding Pod)
    Bonnie (wielding Electrocution)
    Twill (wielding Whip)
    Cain (wielding Bow and Arrow)
    The Boy with the Bad Leg (wielding Mace)
    Rue (wielding Slingshot)
    Thresh (wielding Spear)
    Gale (wielding Land Mines)
    Katniss (NO WEAPON)
    Madge (wielding Brick)
    Peeta (wielding Snare)
    Primrose (wielding Guns)

Graveyard (1):
    Zeno
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; February 7th, 2014 at 09:20 PM.

4. ISO #404

5. ISO #405

Teemo thinks it was a productive night! Teemo spent the night hiding unseen and observing the interactions of others. He has some important information to share. Teemo would like to give players the ability to come clean about the happenings of last night. Please include any feedback received as well as any actions on noteworthy targets. Teemo thanks everyone in advance for their cooperation.

6. ISO #406

7. ISO #407

8. ISO #408

9. ISO #409

10. ISO #410

11. ISO #411

12. ISO #412

13. ISO #413

Incoming News:

Zeno's face has appeared in the sky, to honor the dead Tribute. Interestingly enough, one can see a small Mockingjay pin pinned onto his torso. It appears he may have been a Revolutionary Tribute.

[/RP]
    Wanted to confirm alignments should be revealed upon death before accidentally doing so, future flips will occur in the opening post.

14. ISO #414

15. ISO #415

16. ISO #416

17. ISO #417

18. ISO #418

19. ISO #419

20. ISO #420

21. ISO #421

22. ISO #422

23. ISO #423

Well that night went by awfully fast compared to how the first day went.

I guess I should be paying closer attention to this game.

It doesn't look like anything happened to me last night.

And from looking at my quiver, I still have all my arrows, too. Sweet. Now if only I could figure out how to make them more deadly...

24. ISO #424

25. ISO #425

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmer View Post
    glhf everyone
    filer post

Or I am being polite -.-
    moar filer with filer defence

I guess I'll take the Dagger and Pass the next pick to Peeta since he is here. Gaia mistook my politeness as a ploy to gain favor NO SOUP FOR YOU
    atemting to get town cred by makin a simple plan wit filer defence

oh..

TAKE: DAGGER

SELECT: PEETA

Oopsie
    fake ignorence of setup an folowin plan she made to get town cred

I figured they would have no ammo. Hence why I went for the Dagger :P
    obvious lie dagers r good 4 cuting

Wow this is taking forever. Also knew Seahawks would win.
    moar filer with complant

I have nothing to report. Nothing happened to me
    only post today

-vote Glimmer

obvious scum

26. ISO #426

27. ISO #427

28. ISO #428

29. ISO #429

Sorry I didn't show up during the day. I've been quite sick and have been sleeping way too much.

I'm honestly surprised to see that my weapon was removed, I'm not entirely sure why someone would target me. I guess whoever did it decided to target someone who hadn't posted much yet.

I'll make my pick for my new weapon right now since I don't want to delay the votes and pressure; I'll just go with the weirdest weapon on the list, which is the Baton.
    TAKE: BATON
    SELECT: MARVEL

30. ISO #430

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    filer post

moar filer with filer defence

atemting to get town cred by makin a simple plan wit filer defence

fake ignorence of setup an folowin plan she made to get town cred

obvious lie dagers r good 4 cuting

moar filer with complant

only post today

-vote Glimmer

obvious scum
    Oh hey. You are capable of posting more than 6 words per post. Decent case you've made here. I will support a glimmer lynch. However, I'm still not satisfied with madge and I don't want to let her off the hook just because day ended before she received a 6th vote.

So, for now:
    -vote Madge

31. ISO #431

32. ISO #432

33. ISO #433

34. ISO #434

35. ISO #435

36. ISO #436

Quote Originally Posted by The Boy with the Bad Leg View Post
    There are several reasons for this here are some
    -fake contribution (as this would never happen anyway)
    -distract the towns attention to something that never happens
    -try to make town think thats what the mafia will try to achieve while he knows theyre not

i agree that this are not really good reasons for writing this but still he did and i cant see how a townie would do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Well, I don't like people who are faking contributions, I think they are meanies! But I prefer to pressure people who actually didn't contributed at all, like Clove!

And I don't think that thinking about different scenarios counts as distracting! Madge sure looked scummy with her first post, but her #309 doesn't look like something that bad guy would think! And she mentioned (not directly) one important thing - strength of each faction will be changing all the time. E.g. if Bad Guys have Weapon Switcher/Remover + Investigator they can easily make Madge's scenario happen! You think that pairing is also so far-fetched?
    Just curious on this, what's your definitions on 'fake contribution'? To me, I don't think any post is scummy unless it has some kind of scummy statement that contradicts a true statement by somebody else. Unless its an opinion or it definitely sounds like somebody trying to get us off track, I don't consider any post scummy or some kind of 'fake contribution'. Also, I'm going to read up on Marge, but I'm sure you guys are overreacting a bit. We might go towards a mislynch if we go this direction. But I'm just saying, no post is a fake contribution. Every post contributes to something.

37. ISO #437

38. ISO #438

39. ISO #439

40. ISO #440

41. ISO #441

42. ISO #442

I hate to talk in such way about my Sis...But if she is associated with Baddies and had useless weapon...Then Remover could targeted her to make her more powerful...Sis, I hope that's not the case!
    I'm not sure claiming what my previous/new effect is is a good idea, so I'll keep it quiet for now.

Sadly, I think we'll have to worry about this for pretty much everyone.

The chances of Mafia having the weapon removal weapon ontop of their shatter are slim, but It's possible.
    If scum did take away my knives, it may be because they were afraid of a Gunsmith weapon or something similar, since you've been claiming that your guns are useless.

43. ISO #443

Katniss has picked up the Baton.
    Marvel has picked up the Net.

The Second Weapon Draft has concluded. Votes will now take effect.

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to hammer.

With 10 votes to lynch, it takes 5 votes to soft lynch.

Thresh is the mayor with 2 votes.
    (Note that this only means that Thresh has two votes; he is not confirmed town)

Day end link will be updated soon (minimum of 48 hours from time of weapon draft end).

Why some roles are coloured blue?
    Cleaned up the roles a bit, and made changed roles blue to signify that they're changed from the usual roles.
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; February 7th, 2014 at 08:59 AM.

44. ISO #444

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    I'm not sure claiming what my previous/new effect is is a good idea, so I'll keep it quiet for now.

Sadly, I think we'll have to worry about this for pretty much everyone.

The chances of Mafia having the weapon removal weapon ontop of their shatter are slim, but It's possible.
    If scum did take away my knives, it may be because they were afraid of a Gunsmith weapon or something similar, since you've been claiming that your guns are useless.
    Sorry Sis, I can't see the logic here! Can you explain to me how knowing that guns are useless make scum think that removing your knives is necessary? I just can't follow!

And the other thing - the chance of scum having a Remover is not that slim. I'd say it should be around 25% (which is percentage of Mafia among us) - we don't know which weapon does what, order of draft was semi-random so Mafia had the same chance of picking Removal as any other folk. 1 in 4 chance is not that slim for me, Sis!

45. ISO #445

46. ISO #446

47. ISO #447

What's all of your opinion of this immaculate Journalist that we have running around freely? What's your opinion of Cato's mention of Bonnie having no green read? What about this Nautilus that can't talk at all, saying that Glimmer is scum? Marvel's word of "Something happened to me!"? We can vote!

Total edit, Striker just said that Marvel had 3x Visitors. Oh my, I'm so curious now, please Marvel, shaaare~

48. ISO #448

Quote Originally Posted by Foxface View Post
    What's all of your opinion of this immaculate Journalist that we have running around freely? What's your opinion of Cato's mention of Bonnie having no green read? What about this Nautilus that can't talk at all, saying that Glimmer is scum? Marvel's word of "Something happened to me!"? We can vote!

Total edit, Striker just said that Marvel had 3x Visitors. Oh my, I'm so curious now, please Marvel, shaaare~
    Teemo assumed the lack of additional input meant his weapon being destroyed was the only feedback.

49. ISO #449

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Teemo has learned the feedback he needed, but people missed an important part of the request. MARVEL had 3 visitors last night.
    Elaborate. Because what it sounds like you're saying is "I have a list of three names, at least one of which is scum" and yet... you have shown us no such list.

50. ISO #450

Sorry Sis, I can't see the logic here! Can you explain to me how knowing that guns are useless make scum think that removing your knives is necessary? I just can't follow!

And the other thing - the chance of scum having a Remover is not that slim. I'd say it should be around 25% (which is percentage of Mafia among us) - we don't know which weapon does what, order of draft was semi-random so Mafia had the same chance of picking Removal as any other folk. 1 in 4 chance is not that slim for me, Sis!
    This is just speculating. What I'm saying is, If it was indeed scum that removed my weapon, it might be because they were afraid of the Throwing Knives as a weapon. I'm not sure why they would target me. And stop calling me Sis, I'm not even sure why you started this :v