Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 4: Carnage

1. ISO #1

Day 4: Carnage

Long had the expedition suspected that evil was hiding in their midst. There had been victims of prejudice and other misunderstandings, mercilessly lynched by those who would call themselves noble at heart. But after the third night, it was finally confirmed that those suspicions were merited. In a way that none could have foreseen. No less than five people were found murdered. The carnage of the Bhaalspawn had begun.

The first victim was Mazzy. Although she had bested the devious traps on the Satyr's Gate, it seemed like someone had taken it upon themselves to exact justice on their own terms, without support from the majority. The small halfling was found in an alleyway. She lay face-down in a pool of her own blood. An arrow was buried deep in her back. Someone had tried to pull it out, but the shaft had broken and it was left behind. Whoever was responsible for her death must have wanted to make sure that she definitely wouldn't get up again, for her head had been separated from her torso. Possibly hacked off with the broad blade of a sword or an axe. Mazzy's triumph had been short-lived, and if the expression on her face was any indicator, she hadn't been quite ready to depart this realm just yet. Despite her close affinity with death as an Assassin of the Cult of Bhaal.

A death note was left on Mazzy:
    Itfveeecf uespr ist, brlhunodett duse Huaipck!
    Sarevok and Minsc were found dead as well. They too had been cultists, for they bore the same marks of Bhaal Mazzy did. Unlike Mazzy though, they hadn't fallen victim to conventional weapons. The scars they had earned from years of physical combat seemed to have re-opened as if by magic, and part of their skin had been burnt.

Illusionist Quayle might have met a similar fate. Although with his sort, it was hard to say for certain. He may just have scared himself to death with a phantasmal killer.

Quayle had a last will:
    Night 1 ; I switched the position of FM Aerie and FM Korgan.
    Night 2 ; I switched the position of FM Cernd and FM Anomen.
    Night 3 ; I switched the position of FM MYSELF and FM Khalid.
    Finally, Safana was butchered to the point where she was almost unrecognisable. The only reason anyone could tell it was her was because she wore the same outfit. She was stripped of her equipment and personal possessions though.

It seemed like the members of the expedition had a few daunting tasks ahead of them. Any remaining allies of the cultists had to be found, further massacres had to be prevented, and if at all possible, progress had to be made in the opening of the Inner Sanctum.

15 votes to hammer.
    - the hammer will not end the day

- Living Players -
    FM Aerie
    FM Ajantis
    FM Alora
    FM Anomen
    FM Branwen
    FM Cernd
    FM Coran
    FM Dynaheir
    FM Faldorn
    FM Garrick
    FM Haer-Dalis
    FM Imoen
    FM Jaheira
    FM Jan
    FM Kagain
    FM Keldorn
    FM Khalid
    FM Kivan
    FM Korgan
    FM Montaron
    FM Nalia
    FM Shar-Teel
    FM Tiax
    FM Valygar
    FM Xan
    FM Xzar
    FM Yeslick
    FM Yoshimo

- The Deceased -
    FM Edwin the Cleric - beaten to death by enraged adventurers
    FM Skie the Enchanter - killed by a trap
    FM Eldoth the Explorer - killed by a trap
    FM Viconia the Explorer - burnt to a crisp by enraged adventurers
    FM Minsc the Herald - died by magic
    FM Mazzy the Assassin - died by weapons
    FM Quayle the Illusionist - died by magic
    FM Safana the ??? - died by weapons
    FM Sarevok the Arcane Trickster - died by magic

Day 4 will end at this time: https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...+september+5th
    Last edited by Forum Mafia GM; September 4th, 2013 at 05:30 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Re: Day 4

Quote Originally Posted by FM Aerie View Post
    And safana was probably a disguiser.
    Everyone should post an EXACT copy of a long post they did in their night chat. It will show who isn't taken over. Most likely the doppelganger took over someone in their night chat, but if the doppelganger didn't take over someone in her room then we can catch her if everyone does this.

11. ISO #11

The following words are best said before the altar of Destruction.
    “The Broken Ones weep tears of blood in our moment of triumph. For when their hallowed halls crumble to dust, even they lack the strength to resist the darkness of the void inside of their hearts.”

Do not accompany these words with the wrapping of a Bramble Branch around your forearm, for that would be heresy.
    -Sand

The Obsidian Dagger and the Obsidian Amulet are used together in the same ritual.

A golden amulet adorned with Emerald is worn while performing a ritual that requires a weapon.
    -Qara

We passed our puzzle.

12. ISO #12

I don't apologize for my part in Viconia's lynch. The tone of her posts pretty much sounded exactly like Sarevok's and Minsc's. Fake and gay.
    I was hoping to push a lynch on Minsc today, actually. He said he had a "hard Town read on me" without explanation which is laughable. I am Town but rofl I've been a lazy ass motherfucker who helped a mislynch so it just struck me as the type of thing a scum would say.

Anyways, nothing happened to me last night, Safana claimed scum role in night chat last night.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by FM Haer-Dalis View Post
    “The Broken Ones weep tears of blood in our moment of triumph. For when their hallowed halls crumble to dust, even they lack the strength to resist the darkness of the void inside of their hearts.”

Do not accompany these words with the wrapping of a Bramble Branch around your forearm, for that would be heresy.
    -Sand

The Obsidian Dagger and the Obsidian Amulet are used together in the same ritual.

A golden amulet adorned with Emerald is worn while performing a ritual that requires a weapon.
    -Qara

We passed our puzzle.
    If it was Satyr's gate, what was the answer?

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Damn Insomnia.

And fucking Quayle... He should swap himself after being in the heart chat. He was probably marked along Minsc.

Sarevok was probably original Cult.

Safana is probably disguiser...We need to start using codes ASAP to prevent her movements. That also means we lost a clue. Hopefully Haer-Dalis has some good news.

And last one...Our idea from the night chat just died.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

“we who” “revel” “in” “your shadow” “swear” “to strike” “fear” “in” “the heart” “of” “our mark” “before” “their end” “comes” “so” “when” “their liquid” “life” “flows” “from” “their husk” “they” “shall know” “the deed” “was done” “in” “bhaal’s name”

This should prove that i wasn't targeted by the disguiser.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Everyone should post an EXACT copy of a long post they did in their night chat. It will show who isn't taken over. Most likely the doppelganger took over someone in their night chat, but if the doppelganger didn't take over someone in her room then we can catch her if everyone does this.
    Anyways can everyone do this in one of their posts. the 2 rooms that Safana wasn't in should be able to do it without worries.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

"Great...only the first 2 paragraphs are ATBASH."
    This was probably the longest post I made. Out of the 3.

It was the Mage Tower.
    Still relevant to my interests, actually. What was the correct sentence?

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by FM Faldorn View Post
    FM Safana revealed to us, she is neutral in night chat. She also revealed to us she lied about her clue.

Also, I was wrong about the lynch, and I am sorry for that part. But Imoen's awefull defences and Vic's none existant defences made me push so much harder.
    My defense contained logic and yours contained none. I tried to point this out many times, but people believed your slander over my truth. It is no matter. You die today.

-vote FM Faldorn

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Well this is awesome to see 3 cults down. So if we were to make hypothetical that cult converted very night, that would mean that they are down to 4 members? (someone correct me if i did it wrong)

But seeing how we now have a confirmed disguiser i think it is in our best interest to start making codes. Now cult will do same but I imagine when sanctum is unsealed the disguiser will try to disguise as spawns to take them out.

Does anyone know a site to make codes btw. I know our puzzle room had one and I might use that to make code but we still don't have our closing rp about weather we got it or not.

Nothing happened to me. and this might be a thing
    -vote Fm Faldorn

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

-Sand

-Qara

We passed our puzzle.
    Hmmm so clues repeat themselves. This is good because we can still get enough to solve the riddle in time. This is bad because it makes scum's life easier.

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by FM Aerie View Post
    Im pretty sure that mazzy was killed by a mason leader.
    Mazzy was killed by a puzzle trap. We sent her to die. I'm surprised she has death by weapons and not by puzzle trap. Did Mazzy die via a puzzle trap?

If Safana was a disguiser, then I'm surprised that Safana did that now given she wasn't likely to be a huge target.

-vote FM Faldorn

You completely were arguing that Mazzy wasn't scum. What the hell?

37. ISO #37

Quote Originally Posted by FM Shar-Teel View Post
    Mazzy was killed by a puzzle trap. We sent her to die. I'm surprised she has death by weapons and not by puzzle trap. Did Mazzy die via a puzzle trap?

If Safana was a disguiser, then I'm surprised that Safana did that now given she wasn't likely to be a huge target.

-vote FM Faldorn

Mazzy was probably killed by the mason leader. I told you that we probably had a mason leader yesterday.

38. ISO #38

Ask FM Minsc, FM Nalia.

Not only that, FM Ajantis solved the puzzle, then tried to blackmail all of us, by telling us to send him since he has the solution or he wont reveal it.
    FM Ajanatis was already high on my list of suspects. I think we'll eliminate him once we're done with you.

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Well if you reveal arson that might give disguiser an idea to take out a spawn when santiam opens

if 2 spawns kill a sing span (ie disguiser and barbarian both attack same and kill) who gets the vest?

Someone said that it was approved but want to confirm it from the hosts again in public.

can we use the castle varden fm site that was used it we pm you code and answer?

I think if they know all the codes going around they might be ok with it

41. ISO #41

Aerie, that is bullcrap and the worst thing you could post to "prove" yourself since that is EXACTLY what I posted on d3 after we failed the Mage Tower. Try again.

I am well aware of this, but thank you for pointing it out. A good number of my Town reads are in this chat, as well as a number of good puzzle solvers. I'm confident that either we will find the right solution, or I will die protecting other more important PR roles than I from death, and also prevent the possibility of a non-Town getting the clue and changing it around to screw us over.

@Mazzy: Shush. Nobody wants, nor will listen to your opinion. You've already proven your capacity for lies and deceit; we have no reason to believe a word you say
    My second post from last night in the Satyr's Gate puzzle. We sent Mazzy since we weren't sure what to use as our answer, and we don't know if she succeeded or not. She chose the answer "earth" the answer I had planned on giving. I would like to know if it was correct or not.

In MFM Castle Varen, Lauren Vanderbooben posted two links, one which was a site to encode messages, the other to decode them. How it worked was the player would post the code before day ended, then the next day they would post the code again with the key included, then players could go to the decode site and use the key to decrypt it. It was used as an anti-Ghost tool, but it will work just as well for anti-disguiser. I'll fetch the links in a minute.

42. ISO #42

Quote Originally Posted by FM Valygar View Post
    Of the existing options, I support Earth the most. I had considered 'inheritance' as an answer (inheritance follows the bloodline when the giver dies, a croft/farmland is something you might inherit, and the Judeo-Christian worldview uses the phrase "inheriting the kingdom of heaven"). However, I could not reconcile lines 3 and 4. I may yet again take a look at 'hardship' and 'sacrifice', 2 answers I refuse to give up on.
    Korgan, tell me something that happened in our Lover's chat: I remember 2 things in particular, and will say one of them once you say one.

If I had to guess, the disguiser moved within his puzzle chat. Last night, we sent Mazzy to suicide on the traps: she submitted the answer 'Earth' and we have yet to receive an ending RP.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

Here:

Hi, sorry for my lack of presence in day 3.
    I had multiple thing to take care of and I didn't even had time to merely check to see what was going on.
    I did scroll quickly to see that I didn't miss that much, (Pretty much the Mazzy/Viconia thing still going on and puzzle solving)

I must say that I'm sorry. I misjudged you Imoen.
    But after checking all evidence we had, Viconia was the one that seemed more scummy. And I was wrong. At least, it was only an explorer.

Also, with Viconia flipping explorer, that make Safana's a possible scum taking in consideration that Safana's and Viconia's clue were contraditing themself.

46. ISO #46

May i remeind you, by the end of the day, I believe them both to be some type of scum. And did suggest lynch one after the other.
    May I remind you that it's way more improtant to kill Cult than a thief?
    No ammount of excuses will save you.

You are scum.
    I want you dead.
    You die today.

47. ISO #47

Something did happen to me last night actually. I was visited by a Herald.
    Posting everything after my intro (basically a role claim). I wasn't aware that Herald could be a scum role so I gave my true role.

I was on the Viconia-chan train ><;; and I don't blame myself at all, ne...sounded like a liar in the daychat -.-;
    uguu....Yoshimo or Valygar are converted into the Cult :\\\\\
    Between Montaron, Tiax, and Dynaheir, there is a Prophet!! ><';;; their play is very similar tothe Savage GF last FM desune... D: unseal the altar and lynch them!!
    Sarevok is so quiet lately too D:
    I think I'm hitting my word limit...uguu ;-;

AntiDisquiser/Article Confirmer code:
    M3nOTsY0N+

CERND IS AN ASS BUTT ><;
    Yeah. I have 2 Antidisguiser codes.

48. ISO #48

Quote Originally Posted by FM Shar-Teel View Post

-vote FM Faldorn

She might've been a target. Apparently she claimed that she lied about the clue. Which means for some reason the gods saw fit to make half of Safana's and Viconia's clues identical. Safana cannot be neutral though, as I see no reason why a neutral would want to lie about the clue (except perhaps in the case of a thief). However Safana could also have been in the Cult of Bhaal, which would make this past night even more superb than it already was.

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50