Swich Bus Driver to Neutral Benign
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Swich Bus Driver to Neutral Benign

As requested I am making this here for more feed back. I have proposed this in quite a few games and get a lot of 'Yeah, Bus driver is such an anti-town role'

I feel that the Bus Driver should be switched from Town to Neutral Benign.

Win conditions would be the same as a survivor, or potentially to 'Be one of the last x players alive and survive'
    (The second option would provide incentive to keep from playing like a survivor and claiming role then asking to be left alone.)

The bus driver adds chaos and confusion to all Invest and killing roles. Although a good BD can help the town more often than not the player hurts the town the same as a witch does. I love the chaos it brings to the game but I really do not feel this role fits as 'Town' at all.

Thoughts?

2. ISO #2

Re: Swich Bus Driver to Neutral Benign

Bus Driver is one of the most powerful town leader roles, as he has great versatility, can defend himself, threaten killers and can almost auto-confirm. He is clearly a town-aligned role. It would make no sense to put him as a survivor - why would he target 2 players other than himself then? So you would somehow degrade him to a neutral beguiler.
    A good BD should reveal his lw every day once he is revealed, but should also be unpredictable.

3. ISO #3

I agree. But I feel that in most games the BD wont reveal until he is forced to. And if you have 2 Bus Drivers? God help you if they both bus someone. There is no way of knowing how those 3 players got switched up. (1, 2, 3 can be 2, 3, 1 or 3, 1, 2 if that makes sense) I feel the role would be much more entertaining and fitting for the average player as a Neutral.

I will stop lobbying here as that the role works for me either way.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

There is no need to reveal day 2. Most inves patterns are random, or even worse than random (since noobs check people who draw attention), so it doesn't matter if you permute them, you might even improve their patterns.
    You only need to reveal if someone got a clue on one of the persons you bussed. To stay hidden until then is perfectly fine.

Edit: Also, the longer you stay hidden, the more you hinder mafia from choosing quality targets.
    Last edited by cxx; August 27th, 2013 at 04:33 PM.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

The Neutral list is reserved for useless and/or moderately powerful roles. The Bus Driver is an "ultimate" leveled Town role, next to the Jailor and the Coroner. We don't need an always-win Trololol Drink and Drive BD who can freely kill people on "accident", do we?
    Quote Originally Posted by MintBerry Crunch View Post
    I think the deadliest is Spy, he is next to you at night and you don't even know it, give him some piano wire and he is an assassin.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15