Register

User Tag List

Thread: Crazy Cat Lady

1. ISO #1

Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady
    Aleigance - Town

Invest as Jester Arson

Mechanics: At night chooses someone to give a cat to. on any subsuquent night she may recall all cats given at night. When the cats return they provide her information about the person they spent time with. Revealing the roles of those who had cats. If her cats were with someone who has died she gains no information about that target.

Role: Investigative

Purpose: A tough role to play and it has its own payoff. She looks like an Arsonist or Jester when the invest looks at her but her power is solid.

A friend and I were discussing that the Arsonist is too easily found out by investigator as he and the jester are the only two that show up with those roles. Without a guaranteed jester in the game an arsonist has a very hard time holding up. This puts a high risk high reward town role that under investigation shows mostly harmful to the town.

Wins with town.

Extra options

Received Cat notification On/Off

Possibly limit number of cats possible to hand out.

Well let me know what you guys think. Any criticism is also welcome.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: Crazy Cat Lady

I had planned for it to also give you the corresponding identities and had wondered if that would be too overpowered.

Not giving the matching identities could be a good way to balance the power out a bit and still relay on some guesswork/investigation/catching people in lies. Guess I'll have to see what others think.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2 View Post
    I had planned for it to also give you the corresponding identities and had wondered if that would be too overpowered.

Not giving the matching identities could be a good way to balance the power out a bit and still relay on some guesswork/investigation/catching people in lies. Guess I'll have to see what others think.
    I would prefer that it just give exact roles so that it offers something new while still not being just about exactly like an op lookout ya know?
    This role could assist in a lot of metagaming and also it will allow for thought instead of classic sheriff told us so mindsets. if that makes sense.

I dont like the name however

7. ISO #7

Thank you for the input and I think I agree with everything you have said.

I am not dead set on the name by any means. Something like "Hermit" could also work. The main reason me and a friend thought this up was for the aforementioned lack of options when an Investigator looks at an arsonist or jester. So we thought about possible town type people who could still fit into the "mentally Unstable" investigation result.

8. ISO #8

As a person who shows off pictures of his many cats at parties, I thoroughly approve of this role. Perhaps remove the word crazy? There's no need to name call :P .What if she gets 15 cats, one named cat for each player, she can only recall them individually, so she has to guess at who she thinks killed a person she catted and they "hiss at" the people who visited the person they were with if that person killed someone who had another cat. "Pookie hisses at mookums, pookie doesn't like the smell of mookums owner" There can also be a sad message, "Pookie returned to you an orphan" -catlist to see their given names

9. ISO #9

Your suggestion squidypie just makes it more of a lookout with the benefit of catching a killing / evil role when a group visits a house. The intention was another role that acts like an arsonist and looks like an arsonist and is investigated like an arsonist but is a town role. Giving the Arsonist another role that he can call if he gets invested while also forcing town to further invest someone before making that accusation. Killing the pet owner / Crazy cat lady / Pet Detective / Hermit is detrimental to the town as it can pinpoint someones role not just guess at possible roles etc.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Lol I love this role.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaNecros View Post
    from what ive read this cat lady could technically target one person, then recall and get only one set of info essentially maker this role a super invest that takes 2 days for one person.
    That is the payoff for the role being difficult. It is not a super invest. If you get checked by people you look like scum. Your target has to live two days in order to gain any information on them. They have to survive two nights and a lynching at minimum so do you. She invests as Arson/Jester that leaves you in a situation where your either going to kill the town or your going to aid. Acting like Scum to most of the invest roles will get you targeted for lynch or by mafia Because what do you claim on the stand. You can only claim Arson, CCL Jester or Agent*. (*I think this is the maf role that provides exact roles nightly.) Most of those roles are bad for the town and you would have to make a strong case to avoid the noose.

Also using the ability every two days makes your ability worse, each time you recall you cant send out a new informant. Optimal usage is probably three days of sending out cats then one day of information. If you set a sheriff or an invest in one night they are able to provide information the day after they check Generally this information when put against other evidence that the town has brought forward will result in the town coming to a conclusion of what role the person is playing.

This role needs to sit and wait and hope for a good run of luck. It actually promotes the game how it should be played. Longer days with more talking, this role needs to listen to day chat, contribute to scum hunting and pick what targets the Scum are least likely of targeting/are infact scum. This role will actually contribute very little over the course of the game. Most games don't last long enough for her to gain much more than possibly 4 exact roles.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Needs several nights to gather any sort of valuable information. Seems underpowered. Most people will just die where the cat went to. No information provided. Kind of like the Arsonist. The problem is the Arsonist doesn't need a ton of town alive to lynch evils. He just burns them himself.

The time where this role got his information most of town will be already dead. Then the question is how useful that info is to begin with. It has an easy way too autoconfirm itself though. Check 3 people get your info back on N4 reveal everything on Day 4.

Don't see how it improves the game.
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

21. ISO #21

If the crazy cat lady can see who visited the people (showing exact names of people who visited which cat's house), but not know the exact role of each cat, it wouldn't be bad. But it might be a bit underpowered or perhaps overpowered. Either way, the Jester/Arson combo needs a town counter for it, otherwise Arson has a really hard time claiming. That's probably one of the greatest weakness of that and the SK, the SK and arson both have terrible counter claims for them - vig or jester, which are both very easy to disprove if you have a survivor claim or no confirmed vig kills.