M-FM XIX The Curse of Castle Varen Gamethread - Page 22
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you feel deserves MVP?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sholanda Dykes

0 0%
  • Uncle Kappy

0 0%
  • Tommy Calhoun

0 0%
  • Ricky Spanish

1 7.14%
  • Dr Jordan Edilstein

1 7.14%
  • Elisha Wilkner

0 0%
  • Pete Pendelman

1 7.14%
  • Sgt. Pepper

0 0%
  • Roland Chang

6 42.86%
  • Martin Sugar

0 0%
  • Professor Baxter

0 0%
  • Tom Yabo

0 0%
  • Demitri Krotchlikmioff

1 7.14%
  • Charles Bronson

1 7.14%
  • Lestat de Lioncourt

0 0%
  • Max Jets

0 0%
  • Sidney Huffman

0 0%
  • Rashid

0 0%
  • Laura Vanderbooben

0 0%
  • Ace Chapman

3 21.43%
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2433
  1. ISO #1051

2. ISO #1052

3. ISO #1053

4. ISO #1054

5. ISO #1055

6. ISO #1056

7. ISO #1057

Re: M-FM XVIII - The Curse of Castle Varen

Everyone's starting to push onto Sgt. Pepper like we didn't already have a pressure target who has utterly failed to respond to the pressure yet.

Tom Yabo. He has utterly failed to even try and be helpful, in every way. When asked for his reads on Demitri, he said "I'm not going to to give a read on him, because I hate his name." When asked why he's acting scummy, he says "I'm scummy when I'm town, deal with it." And now people are derailing from Yabo onto Sgt. Pepper. I don't like it.

Yabo reeks of scum so badly, I don't see why people are trying to get the train off of him.

@Bronson: I am much more pro Yabo lynch today than pro Pepper. I don't see what Pepper has done so badly to get lynched, and he does need to talk more so I'm all fine with pressuring, but when it comes down to LYNCH time, at this point I would much rather lynch Yabo than Pepper. Pepper would have to do something REALLY scummy under pressure today to change that.

Someone care to clarify why we think Pepper is a better lynch than Yabo at this point?

8. ISO #1058

I personally don't think he(Pepper) is(the better lynch target). I agree 100% that Yabo is scummy as all get out. But we KNOW he's scummy, and we KNOW he should die, so pressuring Pepper, a likely but not 100% sure scum, is good, because if someone got a gun, they can just shoot Yabo tonight, and we'll still have been able to use the lynch pressure to possibly out another scum. That's my take on it, at least.

9. ISO #1059

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid View Post
    @Bronson: I am much more pro Yabo lynch today than pro Pepper. I don't see what Pepper has done so badly to get lynched, and he does need to talk more so I'm all fine with pressuring, but when it comes down to LYNCH time, at this point I would much rather lynch Yabo than Pepper. Pepper would have to do something REALLY scummy under pressure today to change that.
    Thank you for stating your opinion. Please jump on the vote, and see if he does this 'something REALLY scummy'. If not we can discuss swapping back to Yabo.

10. ISO #1060

Sergeant Pepper. Earlier you asked for questions (Much earlier, as in Day 1), so now I'll give them to you instead of just sheeping on the pressure voting.

Why have you posted so little?

What is your opinion of Tom Yabo?

What is your opinion of Demitri Krotchlikmioff and the late train on him Day 1?

You haven't made any role list conjecture yet. Why not? What do you suppose the role list might look like, now that we know a few of the roles?

Have your feelings on people from town to scum changed at all? If so, how?

Who do you think is the most scummy at this point? Who do you think we need to pressure?

11. ISO #1061

For the sake of doing something other than just asking other people questions, here's my new role list conjecture:

Art Collector
    Interrogator
    Janitor
    Consigliere or Framer

Max Jets claimed to be jailed, yes? Since I believe both our fed agents were investigative (If they were going to be 1 investigative and 1 killing, surely the 1 investigative would have been a sheriff or invest. Detective alone would be too weak. Also I still like my RP reason that they're here to FIND the Ritual Killer or Cult, not kill them), that leaves no room for a Jailor, meaning it was an interrogator. I feel like the mercs would have some role to mess with the dead. Since tailor is UP, that makes it likely a Janitor. Disguiser is out of the question since we already have a mafia killing in the interrogator. With no feedback claims to prove the existence of a Thief or Consort, that means the last merc is probably one that doesn't give feedback to its targets, leaving Consig or Framer, if not a plain Mafioso. Dual investigative fed agents would increase the odds of a framer.

Sheriff/Investigator
    Detective (confirmed with dead Ricky)

Already stated reasons why.

Blacksmith
    Architect (confirmed by Tommy/Bronson)
    Journalist (pseudo-confirmed, could be corrupt instead)
    Doctor
    Bodyguard
    Coroner
    Bulletproof
    Citizen (confirmed by dead Vanderbooben)
    Citizen (claimed by Sidney)
    Citizen (pseudo-claimed by Max Jets)
    Citizen

Blacksmith because we don't have a town killing from the federal agents. I believe the Journalist was likely town because Corrupt Journalist just doesn't make sense to me. How could it help a neutral to allow people to talk anonymously? Doctor and bodyguard are the token protective roles. Both are likely because we have two kills per night with the Banshee. Coroner here can counter both the Interrogator AND the Janitor, making him a powerful pick for the town. Throwing a Bulletproof in there because why not? 2 kills per night, having one immune towny may come in handy.

Banshee (confirmed by Ricky's death description)
    Witch
    Amnesiac/Executioner/Jester/Corrupt Journalist

With two investigatives and a blacksmith's gun to toss around, the Witch has a lot of room for play in here. The last neutral is likely something more benign so there's not too much power in the neutrals. Come to think of it, that might make the corrupt journalist more likely, since its only power is to give someone free reign to talk anonymously, which may inadvertently HELP the town. I'm starting to believe that there may not be a cult because that along with the banshee would probably be too much power in the neutrals.

12. ISO #1062

Interrogator and Janitor. Both mess with the dead. Also the gf can't be sent for the kill if he is not the last living mafia. It's probably a disguiser who does the kills for them right now.

Disguiser doesn't clean his victims role. So it makes perfect sense to team him up with a janitor. Max was clearly giving more scum vibes than town vibes. I somehow doubt that an interrogator would try to jail him.

If a witch manipulates a player with a gun on somebody else what happens?

13. ISO #1063

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chang View Post
    Interrogator and Janitor. Both mess with the dead. Also the gf can't be sent for the kill if he is not the last living mafia. It's probably a disguiser who does the kills for them right now.

Disguiser doesn't clean his victims role. So it makes perfect sense to team him up with a janitor. Max was clearly giving more scum vibes than town vibes. I somehow doubt that an interrogator would try to jail him.

If a witch manipulates a player with a gun on somebody else what happens?
    By messing with the dead, I was referring to the Dead Players list, and the roles that show up there. Yes, while an Interrogator does clean their last will, their real role will be revealed.

If both feds are investigative, then there would be no jailor, so unless Max was lying about being jailed entirely, there would be an interrogator. You think Jailor + Detective is more likely than Sheriff/Investigator + Detective?

You said yourself earlier that the mafia was a bunch of scrubs. Perhaps an interrogator WOULD try and jail him.

14. ISO #1064

15. ISO #1065

If that would be the case the other agent would have instantly counterclaimed. getting ridd of a confirmed scum and a kill is a good trade. I doubt it.
    I'm confused at what you mean here. What would the other agent be counterclaiming? Did someone claim Jailor and I miss it?

16. ISO #1066

17. ISO #1067

For the sake of doing something other than just asking other people questions, here's my new role list conjecture:

Art Collector
    Interrogator
    Janitor
    Consigliere or Framer

Max Jets claimed to be jailed, yes? Since I believe both our fed agents were investigative (If they were going to be 1 investigative and 1 killing, surely the 1 investigative would have been a sheriff or invest. Detective alone would be too weak. Also I still like my RP reason that they're here to FIND the Ritual Killer or Cult, not kill them), that leaves no room for a Jailor, meaning it was an interrogator. I feel like the mercs would have some role to mess with the dead. Since tailor is UP, that makes it likely a Janitor. Disguiser is out of the question since we already have a mafia killing in the interrogator. With no feedback claims to prove the existence of a Thief or Consort, that means the last merc is probably one that doesn't give feedback to its targets, leaving Consig or Framer, if not a plain Mafioso. Dual investigative fed agents would increase the odds of a framer.

Sheriff/Investigator
    Detective (confirmed with dead Ricky)

Already stated reasons why.

Blacksmith
    Architect (confirmed by Tommy/Bronson)
    Journalist (pseudo-confirmed, could be corrupt instead)
    Doctor
    Bodyguard
    Coroner
    Bulletproof
    Citizen (confirmed by dead Vanderbooben)
    Citizen (claimed by Sidney)
    Citizen (pseudo-claimed by Max Jets)
    Citizen

Blacksmith because we don't have a town killing from the federal agents. I believe the Journalist was likely town because Corrupt Journalist just doesn't make sense to me. How could it help a neutral to allow people to talk anonymously? Doctor and bodyguard are the token protective roles. Both are likely because we have two kills per night with the Banshee. Coroner here can counter both the Interrogator AND the Janitor, making him a powerful pick for the town. Throwing a Bulletproof in there because why not? 2 kills per night, having one immune towny may come in handy.

Banshee (confirmed by Ricky's death description)
    Witch
    Amnesiac/Executioner/Jester/Corrupt Journalist

With two investigatives and a blacksmith's gun to toss around, the Witch has a lot of room for play in here. The last neutral is likely something more benign so there's not too much power in the neutrals. Come to think of it, that might make the corrupt journalist more likely, since its only power is to give someone free reign to talk anonymously, which may inadvertently HELP the town. I'm starting to believe that there may not be a cult because that along with the banshee would probably be too much power in the neutrals.
    just an fyi, ricky was a lookout, not detective.

18. ISO #1068

19. ISO #1069

20. ISO #1070

21. ISO #1071

Sergeant Pepper. Earlier you asked for questions (Much earlier, as in Day 1), so now I'll give them to you instead of just sheeping on the pressure voting.

Why have you posted so little?

What is your opinion of Tom Yabo?

What is your opinion of Demitri Krotchlikmioff and the late train on him Day 1?

You haven't made any role list conjecture yet. Why not? What do you suppose the role list might look like, now that we know a few of the roles?

Have your feelings on people from town to scum changed at all? If so, how?

Who do you think is the most scummy at this point? Who do you think we need to pressure?
    In order.

I post little because the major part of the game is behavioural analysis, which I'm not particularly good at. Since I figure the only way I'll ever improve is through practice, well, here I am. I operate under the assumption that it is largely better to stay quiet than clog up the thread. This probably isn't the thought-train of the majority, however.

My opinion of Tom Yabo is that his playstyle is opposite of mine (lots of little posts, often little information, compared to my larger posts which, admittedly also often contain little useful information). The way I was introduced to the game leans me to believing that's usually scum behaviour.

My opinion on Dimitri is similar to Toms, except he posts less. Again, the way I was introduced suggests this is more neutral behaviour, something to be done to avoid drawing attention to yourself, though often backfiring.

Role list conjecture: Simply put, I wasn't sure. Without any information, I just didn't want to guess. Now we have some information, I'm less reluctant to take a stab at it. Given what we now know, I don't believe we have Janitor, simply because I believe they would have used their power on Laura. Tailor is still possible, however. I doubt thief, since no-one has claimed their power stolen (though they could have taken a citizen). Consort could go either way. I suspect Framer is most likely.
    For the neutrals, other than the Banshee, I think that maybe we will have an Amnesiac, or possibly a witch. I hope we don't have Ritual Killer.
    For town, other than the architect, I would say at least one protective role and possibly a blacksmith. No more than one bulletproof, unless the setup was randomised.

My feelings on the other players...I'd move Pete and Sidney out of scummy into unsure, and probably put Dimitri and Tom there instead. Maybe Max, too. The others I'd leave where they are.

Most scummy...probably either Dimitri or Tom, but I'd like to see some pressure on Max first. I'm well aware that several people think that I'm the answer to that question.

22. ISO #1072

Quote Originally Posted by Max Jets View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captor
    You dont really belong
    Now i came here where 200 hundred students that speak my language
    Made a lot of friends
    Got a lot of girls
    Even got my first kiss
    gonna miss it
    Gotta wait another 2 years to actually attend this university
    Im moody right now
    Was happy, then something pissed me off so much, then said goodbye

Enough about me, what is your role?
    This guy is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Lol this guy look scummy
    [vote]max jets[/vote
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat de Lioncourt View Post
    -unvote

Well considering that the Captor gave his life story in the jail chat AND a 13-player S-FM, I'd say it's a Jailor. He already COM claimed in the day chat before day 1 ended, so if he were to post what he did in the night chat, theres a good chance he will be identified. This unnamed person, unless special (which I know he's not because he pretty much COM claimed), would not want anyone to know their identity if they were an Interrogator. It's not smart Mafia play nor smart Town play, but it's more Town than Mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat de Lioncourt View Post
    If you know who he is in this game, you'd see why it was almost necessary to say that.

1 + 1 = ...

23. ISO #1073

24. ISO #1074

Day Two Midpoint

Current vote tally:

Tommy Calhoun (1): Roland Chang
    Tom Yabo (4): Tommy Calhoun, Uncle Kappy, Sidney Huffman, Sholanda Dykes
    Martin Sugar (1): Tom Yabo
    Sgt. Pepper (3): Professor Baxter, Charles Bronson, Ace Chapman
    Demitri Krotchlikmioff (1): Max Jets

10 votes to hammer.
    Day ends in approximately 24 hours!

25. ISO #1075

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kappy View Post
    Sure, I'll ask some questions. I'll answer them in a few hours myself. If I don't, someone needs to remind me.

What do you think of a possible Neutral connection between Elisha and Pepper?
    -I have to say it is possible, but Pepper wasn't on when we trained so she did have reasoning behind wanting to pressure someone else.

Who do you think is scummiest? Who are the middle of the road players that should we pressure?
    -I think Tom Yabo is scummy, but I still think pressuring Demitri, Martin, and Pepper are good people to pressure.

Any other connections that haven't been discussed that you have noticed?
    -I'll go and look back for connections and see If I notice any.
    On a different note..

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Sugar View Post
    Checking in. Nothing happened to me last Night.

Does anyone have any outstanding questions for me to answer?

Going to finish my town/scum list soon.

I am completely fine with the wagon on Tom. Not adding my vote for the reasons Chapman stated.
    Where is this list you said you would finish soon?

26. ISO #1076

1 + 1 = ...
    Damnit Chang, you make it hard to respond to this without participating in CoM hunting myself.

I can see where you coming from in saying that the Jailor/Interrogator has a certain CoM identity, but not what any of that has to do with Tom Yabo.

27. ISO #1077

28. ISO #1078

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri Krotchlikmioff View Post
    I really don't understand why going under the hood is a bad idea. You get a town power role, you go under the hood and under the Mafia's detection, stay quiet and try to minimize the chance of getting killed at night, and support the Town. Is that such a bad thing to do for the Town?

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri Krotchlikmioff View Post
    No one really pays attention to a guy that's keeping quiet and isn't saying anything at night. Seriously, no one kills the AFK guy as Mafia in the game.

Ok I know this may be a bit far fetched, but I still think he is scummy. He might have hinted at being the architect here. He was hinting that he could be a town power role trying to be under the mafia's detection and in the post we all think is a scum slip could also mean that he can't talk at night since only the two people he targets get to talk. This is just a thought. Otherwise he is most likely mafia.

29. ISO #1079

Not my problem.
    Hmph.

Regardless, I'm sticking to my feels that it was an Interrogator, and not a Jailor, that got to Max Jets last night.

I also have feels that the "Jailor/Interrogator" might not be Yabo, as you claim it is, but they're not as strong.

Regardless, I still feel pretty much 100% that Yabo is scum.

30. ISO #1080

Hmph.

Regardless, I'm sticking to my feels that it was an Interrogator, and not a Jailor, that got to Max Jets last night.

I also have feels that the "Jailor/Interrogator" might not be Yabo, as you claim it is, but they're not as strong.

Regardless, I still feel pretty much 100% that Yabo is scum.
    Unless Yabo wants to come right out and say that he IS the Jailor, and no one counterclaims. Then I MIGHT reconsider. He's already been "outed" by Chang if he really is the Jailor, so there'd be no point in him not claiming it outright.

31. ISO #1081

32. ISO #1082

33. ISO #1083

34. ISO #1084

35. ISO #1085

36. ISO #1086

37. ISO #1087

38. ISO #1088

39. ISO #1089

40. ISO #1090

41. ISO #1091

42. ISO #1092

43. ISO #1093

Yo Demitri, please come talk to us. Yesterday you claimed PR that was trying to hide under our radar. Seriously? That doesn't give you an excuse to NOT TALK AT ALL today.

What do you think of Tom Yabo?

What do you think of Max Jets getting jailed? Do you think it was a Jailor or an Interrogator?

What is your projection on the roles list now?

Who do YOU think we need to pressure more? Why shouldn't we pressure you?

44. ISO #1094

45. ISO #1095

46. ISO #1096

47. ISO #1097

What do you think of Tom Yabo?

What do you think of Max Jets getting jailed? Do you think it was a Jailor or an Interrogator?

What is your projection on the roles list now?

Who do YOU think we need to pressure more? Why shouldn't we pressure you?
    These are all good questions, and we should all answer them if we haven't yet.

I think Tom Yabo is easily one of the scummier players.

I think we should treat the Jailor/Interrogator as an Interrogator, regardless of it's reality. Jailor nets us no actual increase in KPN, but Interrogator is an additional kill, and Last Will removal.

Role list inbound.

I would pressure Sgt. Pepper and Tom Yabo at once. Pepper being my higher priority, but Yabo being the lynch I think can take.

48. ISO #1098

49. ISO #1099

50. ISO #1100

I'm wasted. i'm guessing worse than Charkes was on d1.
    Wahtever... I find it funny that you alll trust the jailor/interrogator claim.
    As I see it, bot Max and Tom are scum and should die. TThere's not proof that theres a jailor or interrogator. I don't know why you're so naive and trust any random claim so easily.

Whatever the case, I still support Tom's death today. Lynch taht useless scum.

btw, whoever read Elisha's claim as if she got something from the blacksmith, unless there's a witch who targeted the blacksmith, she's lying.