M-FM XIX The Curse of Castle Varen Gamethread - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you feel deserves MVP?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sholanda Dykes

0 0%
  • Uncle Kappy

0 0%
  • Tommy Calhoun

0 0%
  • Ricky Spanish

1 7.14%
  • Dr Jordan Edilstein

1 7.14%
  • Elisha Wilkner

0 0%
  • Pete Pendelman

1 7.14%
  • Sgt. Pepper

0 0%
  • Roland Chang

6 42.86%
  • Martin Sugar

0 0%
  • Professor Baxter

0 0%
  • Tom Yabo

0 0%
  • Demitri Krotchlikmioff

1 7.14%
  • Charles Bronson

1 7.14%
  • Lestat de Lioncourt

0 0%
  • Max Jets

0 0%
  • Sidney Huffman

0 0%
  • Rashid

0 0%
  • Laura Vanderbooben

0 0%
  • Ace Chapman

3 21.43%
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

Re: M-FM XVIII - The Curse of Castle Varen

Baxter seemed to have read through the thread, as he gave an opinion on the roles list that seems to be influenced by the thoughts of other posters. Elisha seems to be one of those "I don't give a crap" people(Proved in above post), and Pete seemed to just pop in to say "I like this post". Not getting a lot off of them at the moment, unless you see something I don't. Only one that I would consider looking into (on the basis of the not commenting on the early vote) would be Baxter, as he seems somewhat intelligent (no offense to Elisha or Pete intended)

also... Vanilla sucks. Chocolate better. Mmmm.

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Chapman View Post
    Baxter seemed to have read through the thread, as he gave an opinion on the roles list that seems to be influenced by the thoughts of other posters. Elisha seems to be one of those "I don't give a crap" people(Proved in above post), and Pete seemed to just pop in to say "I like this post". Not getting a lot off of them at the moment, unless you see something I don't. Only one that I would consider looking into (on the basis of the not commenting on the early vote) would be Baxter, as he seems somewhat intelligent (no offense to Elisha or Pete intended)

also... Vanilla sucks. Chocolate better. Mmmm.
    You send me some vanilla, I send you some sweet sexual chocolate. Cool?

6. ISO #156

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bronson View Post
    Elisha, it isn't necessarily a scum tell, but it lessens communication and prevents maximum knowledge. It is more advantageous to scum.

Town should do it as it simply allows for more knowledge to be had of who is around.

Ok, not caring is a thought process. Why do you not care?
    Because you are voting based on so few posts while scum can just watch the votes pile on someone and join the train because it's expected of them

7. ISO #157

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha Wilkner View Post
    Because you are voting based on so few posts while scum can just watch the votes pile on someone and join the train because it's expected of them
    Ok, reasonable. Could I get an assisted pressure vote from you. I agree there are few posts and would like to see what Pepper thinks of the mercenaries now that I've given him some incentive to figure it out. 4 should make a point. Just a pressure vote, no need to lynch yet.

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

10. ISO #160

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kappy View Post
    I'm going to have to fix the time on these posts.

Anyway, Charles is right about voting. It gives us information even if we have no leads. In this case, Elisha is defending Sgt. Pepper. Noted.
    We can pressure people perfectly fine without telling people to vote. People who want to vote go do that, people like me who see it as a waste of red color won't vote. Easy as pie.

Your need to point out me defending someone reeks of scum.

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

We can pressure people perfectly fine without telling people to vote. People who want to vote go do that, people like me who see it as a waste of red color won't vote. Easy as pie.

Your need to point out me defending someone reeks of scum.
    Nah, it points out someone who woke up and is trying to say something pro town since the role list thing is dead. (So yea actually )

"Waste of red color" We will get more. Voting is the easiest method of pressure. As long as you don't go past L-2 or L-3 you're fine. You are correct that you can pressure someone without voting, but I find that method goes hand in hand with voting people.

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Baxter View Post
    if we're going to be looking into people for not mentioning the voting, then maybe we should also be looking into the people who are voting. why vote so early on? its likely only going to hurt town.
    Not really. I have played very little games where voting someone for pressure early on was a bad move.

Besides it gives us something to talk about xD

17. ISO #167

Nah, it points out someone who woke up and is trying to say something pro town since the role list thing is dead. (So yea actually )

"Waste of red color" We will get more. Voting is the easiest method of pressure. As long as you don't go past L-2 or L-3 you're fine. You are correct that you can pressure someone without voting, but I find that method goes hand in hand with voting people.
    Sure, both ways work, but I don't want to vote just because someone told me to vote. I don't see the need to vote, he is already getting pressure because others are voting, so why ask me specifically to vote?

18. ISO #168

Sure, both ways work, but I don't want to vote just because someone told me to vote. I don't see the need to vote, he is already getting pressure because others are voting, so why ask me specifically to vote?
    Because you are here and he is L-8? (Not that I have voted either, I would rather pressure someone else)

19. ISO #169

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

i feel thats cutting it way to close on day 1

23. ISO #173

If you have a pressure target, please share. Pepper isn't here, so our pressuring him isn't going to do much until he gets here. Until then, discussing another potential suspect would be good.
    Fine, I pick Elisha! JKJK

No seriously I would like to FoS Rashid or Professor Baxter. Its up to you.

24. ISO #174

i fully disagree with this. you musnt have played very many games then.
    If only you knew.

Still not seeing the point. He has pressure on him and I personally don't see a reason to pressure him.
    But he sees a reason and wants you to vote him. Thats why he asked :P

i feel thats cutting it way to close on day 1
    Yea lets go ahead and pressure Baxter, who doesn't even see how we would get a scum if they hammered/brought to L-1.

-vote Professor Baxter

25. ISO #175

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    [snip]
    Note: Since days are 48 hours, there will be no lynching before the first 24 hours have passed (although, you may still vote and use the vote counter!). However, Day One will be a majority vote at the very beginning.
    [snip]
    [/center][/COLOR]
    *cough cough* We can't lynch for another... 10 hours. So all this is is pressure voting, saying that "Hey, if you don't answer, we'll lynch you when we can". There's no risk until the first 24 hours are past (and I will personally unvote if I have a vote on someone who is close to lynching after the 24 hours are past)

26. ISO #176

*cough cough* We can't lynch for another... 10 hours. So all this is is pressure voting, saying that "Hey, if you don't answer, we'll lynch you when we can". There's no risk until the first 24 hours are past (and I will personally unvote if I have a vote on someone who is close to lynching after the 24 hours are past)
    And you are saying that as response to who?

If this is directed to me then I'm not voting because I fear a hammer, I'm not voting because I don't see a reason.

27. ISO #177

28. ISO #178

I'm directing it towards Baxter, who IS afraid of a hammer. I understand your reason for not voting, and I respect those reasons, I just think that your vote could be useful in pressuring someone with no risk of scum hammering (which imo is illogical for previously stated reasons)

29. ISO #179

Yea lets go ahead and pressure Baxter, who doesn't even see how we would get a scum if they hammered/brought to L-1.

-vote Professor Baxter
    i'm just confused as to why you want everyone to pressure the same person who isn't even here.. do we want to take a chance when scum can so easily swoop in and hammer if you got him to L-1.

30. ISO #180

I think someone's either ignoring my posts or having reading comprehension... I have given you ample reasons as to why RVS voting is good at this stage. No scum would even think about bringing our target to l-1 or even l-2 or 3, because it would be like screaming "HEY GUYS I'M SCUM COME KILL ME!!!" Only thing I agree with you on is the pointlessness of voting someone who isn't here to respond.

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

Well. While Elisha is likely correct that nothing might happen, I note her unwillingness to try to make something happen. Also in relation to Pepper who I find scummy for his post I quoted.

I am ok with changing pressure at this time since Pepper isn't here, but I would enjoy having him walk in flustered at the votes. It is easily the time to draw weak defenses.

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

35. ISO #185

Would you consider Elisha's unwillingness a town or scum tell? I have an opinion but don't want to alter your's or anyone else's opinion by stating mine prematurely.

I wish Pepper would get on so we could change to a better target (I'm in agreement with Kappy about Baxter. Very unwilling to vote anyone even when his argument is countered, and vanishes the moment I try to engage him directly)

36. ISO #186

i'm just confused as to why you want everyone to pressure the same person who isn't even here.. do we want to take a chance when scum can so easily swoop in and hammer if you got him to L-1.
    You aren't listening. My goal is to pressure vote someone, and to pressure vote someone they need to be voted on a a lot (but still the minority) of people. As stated again, I don't want to go past L-2/L-3, if someone were to hammer that would make them scum.

Also, I'm not pressuring someone who isn't here, you seem to be here right now.

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

It's eerie how much Kappy, Bronson and I are echoing each other o.0 I'm starting to think if I didn't post, you guys would post what I would have posted XD Also, I think Baxter is offline. He appeared in members list last time he was on, so unless he suddenly turned invisible mode on (Which I would consider scummy due to the timing of it) he is offline.

39. ISO #189

Would you consider Elisha's unwillingness a town or scum tell? I have an opinion but don't want to alter your's or anyone else's opinion by stating mine prematurely.

I wish Pepper would get on so we could change to a better target (I'm in agreement with Kappy about Baxter. Very unwilling to vote anyone even when his argument is countered, and vanishes the moment I try to engage him directly)
    I read Elisha as town for the moment.

40. ISO #190

It's eerie how much Kappy, Bronson and I are echoing each other o.0 I'm starting to think if I didn't post, you guys would post what I would have posted XD Also, I think Baxter is offline. He appeared in members list last time he was on, so unless he suddenly turned invisible mode on (Which I would consider scummy due to the timing of it) he is offline.
    What if there is a Vent and your the Ventriloquist LYNCH THE CP9 SCUM (jkjk, logical thought processes are logical)

Host should have turned invisible mode on, I have a terrrible habit of leaving sc2mafia running when I'm not at my computer.

41. ISO #191

Now you're scaring me XD I do the same thing. I like to know the moment something happens, so I stay online even though I'm off doing other things. And yes.. I AM THE VENTRILOQUIST! Fear me! I shall make all of you talk like my clones! :P

*Seriousmodeon* I agree with the Elisha as Town sentiment, although at first I read it as scum (until she explained exactly why she didn't want to vote.) But I disagree with Invisible Mode. As Bronson has stated, it only limits the Town in knowing who is on and what potential information we might have because of it.

Also, I'd like to see more posts from Laura.

42. ISO #192

I would take Elisha as a scum at the moment. She dodges Pepper, and says we shouldn't pressure since scum could hammer. However, all this does is let other players vote instead of her. I also find her refusal to turn off invisible, and seeming comfort with letting today go to waste to be atleast a negative, if not full scum.

43. ISO #193

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

I have to disagree there. Not once did she say she feared a scum hammer (unless you can find a quote for me), which supports her saying that she personally did not find Pepper scummy and as such did not want to vote him. I'd like to continue watching her before saying she's scum. Imo she's just a Town with a personality that can appear scummy.

And please turn off Invisible Mode guys. It's annoying more than anything else.

46. ISO #196

47. ISO #197

This would be where I felt she was saying they'd hammer, but I suppose just joining the train isn't quite a hammer.

Though I don't see big benefit from it. We could just ask kindly for some insight instead of voting because most likely we won't lynch that person and the person knows it.
    This post is my biggest issue. Elisha is flat out telling Town, and scum, to not try to get things done. Convincing the players to be passive and not pressure because 'I won't work' makes it not work.

48. ISO #198

49. ISO #199

50. ISO #200

It won't work as most imagine it because it simply doesn't on the first day. People aren't stupid enough to not answer which results in getting themselves lynched just through pressure, getting my point?

Also I'm not turning off invisibility mode because I have my browser open all day long even for long periods where I'm not actually on the computer. It's annoying if people think I am there even though I am actually away for like 50% of the time.