Some roles you would like
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Some roles you would like

Greetings! My name is GLSwadow and im new overhere, but not at mafia. I started playing it since there was only mafiosos and citizens. ol' goo' time'...

So yeah, i juts had some ideas that i'd like to share. Feel free to say if there are good ideas, or bad.

Ill be posting here all roles I may think are good. Tell me what you think:

Town

PostMan
    Role Lore: You are a Post Man. Wtf im supposed to said? You deliver mail. That's all!

Summary:
    Deliver messages to other players

Abilities:
    Every night, you can send 2 PM, to the same or diferents players. They can aswer you once per letter.

Passives:

Nothing

Invest Message:Your target meets with other people at night, in secret; they are probably a Mason, but could also be a Cultist, or even a PostMan.

Win/Lose:
    W: Town wins
    L: Town Loses

Announcer

Role Lore: Everyday, when people awakes, your voice sounds in all the TV announcing what happened last night. But lastly the crime has reached your town. And you wont let this happen. Your voice will guide the blind through their sins. At the Dawn everybody will know the true.

Summary:
    Announce what you want at the start of the day.

Abilities:
    Every night, chose a new message to show all players anonymously at the start of the day. If you are converted with masons or even cultist, you keep your skill.

Passives:
    Nope

Invest Message:Your target seems to be highly charismatic; therefore, you conclude that they are the Mayor, the Marshall, or beloved Announcer, the Mason Leader, or the Godfather. Or even that famous Dj everybody is talking about.

Win/Lose:
    W: Town wins
    L: Town Loses

Neutrals

Bounty Hunter
    Role lore: The justice is looking for you. Among the mercenaries you shine. You are the very best at your work. You are silent. You are accurrate. You are expensive. You are the person's hunter. You are the Bounty hunter

Since you were a child, in only one thing you are; killing. That's your work, after all. Now, someone has hired you to kill one person. You dont have almost any information.
    But you wont fail. You've never failed so far. You've come to this city for first time looking your prey. And hell you will.

Summary:
    They paid you to kill someone. Find Him. Kill Him.

Abilities:
    At the start, you have to kill one player, random each game. It cant be Vet. At the end of the 2º night you will receive a clue telling you what role this person is. Each night, you check one person's to know what roles he could be, also to who he visit.
    OR
    Kill someone. You have 2 Shoots, meaning you can kill twice. But take care, because all the Bounty Hunters kills have the same and different message, so everybody will know you are in the city. You kill inmune targets too.

Passives:
    If Jailor jails you, he will know who you are. You insta lose the game.
    If you dont kill the target in 2 shoots, you lose the game and get jailed.
    If you kill your target, you win the game and leave the city.
    If a Mafioso or a Vigi atacks you, you will lose 1 shoot, but kill them and save you. Otherwise you die.
    You dont have last will.
    The person you have to kill knows he is the pray.

Win/Lose:
    W: Kills the target.
    L: Anyone but him kill the target.

Invest Message: Your target seems skilled at reading people and searching homes, leading you to believe that they are an Investigator, a Bounty Hunter or a Consigliere, or possibly a Disguiser.

Justicar
    Role Lore:
    Your sons. Beloved as your life. Gone. Both. But now you have your chance. Kill whom has taken your most worthy gift.
    2 Long years since, by a horrible mistake, someone killed both of your sons. Now is time to pay. You've been tracking him 2 long years. You've waited so long. You've made friends near him. He wont see it comming. Payback time, is near. Your tormented soul is struggling to live a few days more to end your life goal.

Summary:
    A Father looking for vengance. You will do whatever you need just to kill the person who killed your sons.

Abilities:
    At the start, the game will give you the name of one random player. Your aim is killing him. But to kill him you have to win his trust. You cant let anybody kill him, or even lynch him. You have to kill him with your bare hands.

You have the Ability to kidnap, hide, and change the role of one person, but indeed, your main target. One night, choose your target, and he will be role-blocked, would not be able to talk or to realize actions. This will stands 2 days and 2 nights. As soon as you kidnap this person, you change your role and name just as a Disguiser would.

If your target target you while you are disguise, you will kill him, winning the game. If he does not target you those 2 days 2 nights, you will commit suicide because you cant stand this live anymore, and the person you kidnaped, will scape and join the game again, as usual.

Your main corpse will die, like a disguiser when using his skill.

Passives:
    You seem to be a normal Citizen.
    You can kidnap all the roles. All.

Win/Lose:
    W:Kill your target
    L: Don't kill your target, or your target is killed by another one.

Pickpocket

Role Lore: No fathers. No family. Nothing. You've earned your bread with sweat and stealth. You constantly pick the pockets of others persons to steal their money and a bit of their privacy. You are a scummy rat of the street without even a place to call home. You wish somebody consider you somethig more than a stranger. Is your only wish

Summary:
    A scummy rat of the street, who can steal the LW of any player.

Abilities:
    Each night, you steal the LW of the player you target. They cant recovery this, but indeed, they can rewrite it. Of course you will keep, and being able to see the LW.

Passives:
    Here's come the good. You start being a neutral. If you steal anyone from the mafia, Vigi, or Vet. they will kill you, but if any role of the mafia, Mason Leader, Masons, Sheriff or Cult target you, instead of that, they will recruit you, keeping your actual skill set. If towns recruit you, you become a (OMFG THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT COMMIN' HERE OPOPOP) Citizen.

Targets will know they were stolen.

Invest Message:You discover nothing of importance, suggesting that your target is as unsuspicious as a Citizen, Crier, Survivor, or a bedridden Amnesiac or maybe is a Pickpocket, so be aware

Win/Lose:
    W: Survives. No matter in which state.
    L: Dies

Mafia

Dj

Role Lore:
    Mafia pays you good money to entertain people. You only have to drop da base while they are dropping da corpses (No pun intended)

Summary:
    Expert musician trained to amuse the crowd.

Abilities: Gives a concert in one house (Even in yours) every 2 days. All people who target that person, not including mafia, will be RoleBlocked. This will be faster than a Doctor heal (meaning he will bypass Doctor heal, making the target non-inmune) but wont RB any actions like Citizen (DONT NERF PLZ IT IS NOT OP) Bulletproof vest or Vet's alert. If this person target another, you wont roleblock him, remeber, only those persons in the target's house.

Passives:
    Can use it's skill once every 2 nights

Invest Message:
    Your target seems to be highly charismatic; therefore, you conclude that they are the Mayor, the Marshall, or beloved Announcer, the Mason Leader, or the Godfather. Or even that famous Dj everybody is talking about.

Win/Lose:
    W: Mafia Wins
    L: Mafia Loses

Ill be posting regulary. Stay tuned. Opions worth a lot!

Upcoming roles:
    Last edited by glswadow; July 1st, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Some roles you would like

So... This is Forum Mafia correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    I like all of these except pickpocket, I don't like the idea of a mafia team member not knowing who theyre other team mate is.
    Oh dear opinions at last! Well, I was kinda forced to, since I wanted to add some mafia role to the list. From my pov, I think bounty hunter is the most interesting.

Moar rates MOAR

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by glswadow View Post
    Oh dear opinions at last! Well, I was kinda forced to, since I wanted to add some mafia role to the list. From my pov, I think bounty hunter is the most interesting.

Moar rates MOAR
    bounty hunter is intresting but i dislike the random factor, it reminds me of hitman

announcer=crier

i do like the pickpocket idea behind it and think that the fact that it kets killed by maifa is an ok setbck for it

i will look at others later

7. ISO #7

Win condition should change. The pickpocket can win with mafia, survive, or win with town. I think the target upon being caught by a Mayor/Mason Leader/Marshall should be converted to the town. If converted by the Mason Leader, the pickpocket should retain. If the pickpocket targets the vigilante/veteran (even without vest) he dies. Even if the town pickpocket sounds lame, the pickpocket should have a wins if survives alone condition.

8. ISO #8

Win condition should change. The pickpocket can win with mafia, survive, or win with town. I think the target upon being caught by a Mayor/Mason Leader/Marshall should be converted to the town. If converted by the Mason Leader, the pickpocket should retain. If the pickpocket targets the vigilante/veteran (even without vest) he dies. Even if the town pickpocket sounds lame, the pickpocket should have a wins if survives alone condition.
    I agree

bounty hunter is intresting but i dislike the random factor, it reminds me of hitman
    Idk what u mean

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

I dislike most of these suggestions because their are either not at all useful {Postman, Bounty Hunter, DJ}, exact/slight copies of other roles {Announcer, Pickpocket}. Pretty much everything suggested here does very little, if any, to improve the game experience or help the factions they are slotted to. There is no improvements to be suggested without utterly changing the roles. So...
    "No" so far from myself.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    I dislike most of these suggestions because their are either not at all useful {Postman, Bounty Hunter, DJ}, exact/slight copies of other roles {Announcer, Pickpocket}. Pretty much everything suggested here does very little, if any, to improve the game experience or help the factions they are slotted to. There is no improvements to be suggested without utterly changing the roles. So...
    "No" so far from myself.
    Anything you would add to any of my suggestions to improve them?

14. ISO #14

I like the Postman, the Pickpocket, and the DJ, except the DJ shouldnt block doc heals, then you use dj and kill on one person and they are guaranteed to die every 2 nights. Unless they are night immune. Neutral role wil killing abilities, that has a different goal than "Kill everyone" Seem kinda weird to me. If they are in neutral killing, then are are few KPN, and if they evil, you might have especially high KPN. Imo a mafia killer and a Neutral killer are enough kills overall.
    Quack

Quack Quack