10 26.32%

4 10.53%

12 31.58%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

Satisfaction Poll

Spoiler : Background :
    [1:34:25 AM] Landstander: hey
    [1:34:36 AM] Landstander: youre a failure at what you do.
    [1:34:43 AM] Landstander: JSYK
    [1:34:55 AM] Jordan VanDusen: [1:16 AM] Jordan VanDusen:

<<< Option 4: Replace me with Land
    Do it.
    [1:35:20 AM] Landstander: I dont want your job, I work 70+ hours a week
    [1:35:31 AM] Jordan VanDusen: My entire job is ensuring staff works well together
    [1:35:35 AM] Landstander: But I can name some off my hand thatll do well
    [1:35:37 AM] Jordan VanDusen: hence why you were fired.
    [1:35:48 AM] Jordan VanDusen: you actively harassed fellow staffmembers
    [1:35:55 AM] Landstander: I posted it in news to my 200 members
    [1:36:00 AM] Landstander: that are elite mafia players
    [1:36:08 AM] Landstander: they should be pleased
    [1:36:12 AM] Jordan VanDusen: it was your actions following being punished for that which resulted in all the bs
    [1:36:34 AM] Landstander: Yup. But im not an asshole and I have reason.
    [1:36:38 AM] Jordan VanDusen: Also, about 1/3 of your "elite" mafia players have pending ban and kv lists from their offenses
    [1:36:59 AM] Landstander: anyone of WL is not admitted into clan
    [1:36:59 AM] Jordan VanDusen: which is what happens when you recruit ex-banlisters
    [1:37:20 AM] Jordan VanDusen: the worst one right now is Tafkal in case you're curious
    [1:37:32 AM] Jordan VanDusen: I'm surprised no one told you he's been actively throwing games for a week
    [1:37:40 AM] Landstander: you sound quite aroused, shouldnt let emotions take the best fo you
    [1:37:45 AM] Jordan VanDusen: lol
    [1:37:51 AM] Landstander: I can kick him right now
    [1:37:55 AM] Jordan VanDusen: It's your clan
    [1:38:05 AM] Landstander: Hes gone.
    [1:38:09 AM] Jordan VanDusen: I'm only letting you know because you always claimed you did not condone such behavior
    [1:38:29 AM] Jordan VanDusen: btw, telling your clan members to message me because you're blocked
    [1:38:30 AM] Landstander: Well hes kicked.
    [1:38:32 AM] Jordan VanDusen: is kinda childish
    [1:38:40 AM] Landstander: Id be in the know if you didnt ban me from forums.
    [1:38:45 AM] Landstander: Childish?
    [1:38:47 AM] Landstander: lol
    [1:38:50 AM] Jordan VanDusen: Yeah well we saw how that turned out last time
    [1:38:51 AM] Landstander: look in the mirror
    [1:39:00 AM] Jordan VanDusen: I'm only responding to your behavior land
    [1:39:09 AM] Jordan VanDusen: I told you numerous times I was fine with you running a clan
    [1:39:16 AM] Jordan VanDusen: as long as you weren't in staff chat harassing people
    [1:39:24 AM] Jordan VanDusen: and we were fine for awhile
    [1:39:27 AM] Jordan VanDusen: no drama
    [1:39:32 AM] Jordan VanDusen: and then you start trying to cause shit
    [1:39:47 AM] Landstander: i was what balnced staff out, i dont need to be liked, diversity is the key to balance'
    [1:39:56 AM] Landstander: we cant all be "friends"
    [1:40:01 AM] Jordan VanDusen: Land, the entire staff hating you is not balance
    [1:40:28 AM] Jordan VanDusen: staff is a team meant to work together
    [1:40:33 AM] Jordan VanDusen: not a competition
    [1:40:57 AM] Landstander: entire player base hates the 10 staff you have.
    [1:41:12 AM] Jordan VanDusen: "entire playerbase"
    [1:41:15 AM] Landstander: Yes.
    [1:41:30 AM] Landstander: I refuse to be staff with their current reputation
    [1:41:42 AM] Jordan VanDusen: You refuse to be a member of a group you were forcibly removed from
    [1:41:46 AM] Jordan VanDusen: got it

So let's take a poll, please rate your satisfaction with rules, regulations, staff members, etc. Please post specific complaints here as well. Try to keep them concise and to the point.

Edit: The mods have been directed to infract and delete any posts which are off-topic to the survey.

Clarification: 1 being worst and 5 being best.

2. ISO #2
    Sefetriex

Re: Satisfaction Poll

i voted 1

i wanted to be special

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

I have yet to have any problems with any of the staff members. Most of the shit I've seen were stuff involving ex-staff. Good riddance.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FMs: XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI
    MFMs: XIII, XIV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XXI, XXII
    SFMs: Too many.
    SFM Night 1 Death Percentage: 72%
    Hosted: SFM 89, SFM 118

5. ISO #5

Staff members should not have a rule list consisting of only three rules. I recommend making the abilities of a staff member to be a bit more limited.
    Satisfaction Rate: 4
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

6. ISO #6

No problems with staff, but I have a few gripes with the rules

AKA why the fuck do I get infractions for using all-caps or having large text? No one is bothered by it, or should be if they're over the age of 14. It doesn't detract from the forum experience, or whatever the FUCK you guys are trying to achieve. It really is NO FUN ALLOWED at the moment

In addition, I understand why personal attacks have been outlawed, but to instate a forum-wide rule on the basis of severe bouts of autism is trigger-happy

Go back to common sense rules

EDIT: why is there no "inappropriate language allowed" in mafia discussion what the hell

when did this forum turn into happy hug land

fuck u oops

Last edited by Lazers; June 27th, 2013 at 06:25 AM.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    [1:40:57 AM] Landstander: entire player base hates the 10 staff you have.
    Who are the "10 staff"?

Also, if Land hates the staff so much, why does he try to recruit me?

Admin Edit: I counted, it's like 21 or 22 staff. Please discuss the survey though the log was just an explanation of why
    Last edited by Raptorblaze; June 25th, 2013 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Adding info.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

i voted 1 because I completely dislike the "general belligerence rule" I don't even know what that means >.> and it should be changed.

edit- just googled it. "hostile or angry, ready to make war" etc etc. in my opinion its impossible to tell what someone is "feeling" from their post. no matter what I say you can never say back this post was made angrily.
    if im being logical or coherent it is impossible to tell if im being angry, because I could just support and mean exactly what I am saying.

which is why I think the rule should be changed or deleted.
    Last edited by kyle1234513; June 25th, 2013 at 04:42 AM.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    i voted 1 because I completely dislike the "general belligerence rule" I don't even know what that means >.> and it should be changed.

edit- just googled it. "hostile or angry, ready to make war" etc etc. in my opinion its impossible to tell what someone is "feeling" from their post. no matter what I say you can never say back this post was made angrily.
    if im being logical or coherent it is impossible to tell if im being angry, because I could just support and mean exactly what I am saying.

which is why I think the rule should be changed or deleted.
    "General Belligerence" isn't a rule, it's the name of an infraction level. We use it as a more severe "Board rule violations" infraction but I can rename it if that's an issue.

@Dagaen I hate that particular complaint because I can't do anything about the EU uploader

14. ISO #14

"General Belligerence" isn't a rule, it's the name of an infraction level. We use it as a more severe "Board rule violations" infraction but I can rename it if that's an issue.

@Dagaen I hate that particular complaint because I can't do anything about the EU uploader
    Why not just make it into a rule? Get rid of the rep system and add in the Thanks system xD
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by ypmagic View Post
    Why not just make it into a rule? Get rid of the rep system and add in the Thanks system xD
    I'm actually rewriting the rules stickies later today (not really changing rules, just making it clearer because of an earlier complaint) but mods need some lee way with infractions.

Rules are why we infract, infractions are the varying levels of severity we use for those rules.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i agre with crypt on the fact that its cliquey and that WAY too many threads are closed/deleted. Also, i find a few select mods aren't cutting it.
    Especially the petitions. Petitions are important as they are done by the important Citizens!

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i agre with crypt on the fact that its cliquey and that WAY too many threads are closed/deleted. Also, i find a few select mods aren't cutting it.
    I bet she means me.

Especially the petitions. Petitions are important as they are done by the important Citizens!
    Yes. It's like if you were making a petition at your university, and the Dean comes up and rips it up lol. It's not like they have to listen to it.

Also, deleting any topics/posts that calls out a moderator on poor judgement should NEVER be deleted. It only makes it seem like you're trying to delete all evidence of it happening, and it's actually quite depressing when it happens.

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I bet she means me.

Yes. It's like if you were making a petition at your university, and the Dean comes up and rips it up lol. It's not like they have to listen to it.

Also, deleting any topics/posts that calls out a moderator on poor judgement should NEVER be deleted. It only makes it seem like you're trying to delete all evidence of it happening, and it's actually quite depressing when it happens.
    First part: Don't worry, I assume it's bunny's fault whenever you don't do your job.
    Second part: You want us to just ignore the petitions instead of giving you an official response?
    Third part: I agree entirely there -.- I keep telling them to not touch it when it's complaints about a mod action (except moving it to the approved location) but they can be a little overzealous at times.

@Bunny I periodically swap out moderators when stuff isn't getting done. GD is due for a change up.

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

First part: Don't worry, I assume it's bunny's fault whenever you don't do your job.
    Second part: You want us to just ignore the petitions instead of giving you an official response?
    Third part: I agree entirely there -.- I keep telling them to not touch it when it's complaints about a mod action (except moving it to the approved location) but they can be a little overzealous at times.

@Bunny I periodically swap out moderators when stuff isn't getting done. GD is due for a change up.
    1. Thank you <3
    2. lololol no, an official response is always great I thought that it would be good to leave petitions open for discussion to maybe find a new solution/route, but, the more I think about it, why not just create a discussion topic instead of posting in the petition thread. :P
    3. You're a good man, Rap lol

imo all moderators should have a minimum number of required threads closed/moved, questions answered, reports processed, or infractions handed out, otherwise demote them them because it just seems like they're green/blue for nothing....
    LOL what? There are many times where there are no questions, no topics to be closed/moved, and no infractions to be handed out. People who moderate sections where none of this is applicable should be demoted? It's not like all of us can jump into sections like MD and delete posts and close topics lol.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; June 25th, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

23. ISO #23

lol don't blame me, blame minecraft =P ok lol. Theres really only 1 mod i'm not happy with. I don't think there should be a minimum number of infracions handed out/threads closed/moved becaue i think that would move more so into a direction where people are just looking for reasons to give do that when its not actually necessary and cause more issues. Like when a cop gives you a ticket for going 7 over just to meet quota.

i<3cryptonic

24. ISO #24

imo all moderators should have a minimum number of required threads closed/moved, questions answered, reports processed, or infractions handed out, otherwise demote them them because it just seems like they're green/blue for nothing....
    They do have a minimum number of reports processed, obviously we don't hold them to it when there are no reports to do though. That's the entire reason for the periodic mass firings/hirings actually. This time around we had something like 400 reports to do so it took them a little while to work entirely through the backlog. The other actions are much harder to measure, but we do notice when things just aren't getting enforced.

@Bunny That also plays into it.

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Thought for a moment you were talking about me. ^^;
    Never liked the word (or title?) "dean"... IT'S MY NAME! GIVE IT BACK! XD

Joke aside.

I would say we have some problems when it comes too "necroing". When it is necroing? When it is bad? Can you necro a stickied post?
    Normally I don't like "no necroing" rules, but I can see why it is needed on some bigger forums.

But if we think of a perfect world, where everyone searched before making a new thread and people actually read the whole thread before posting. We would not need the "no necroing" rule because hardly anyone would post, they would find a thread that answer their question and if they are still unsure they can maybe ask more about it in that same thread. This would lead to mega-threads that were very categorized, and the only problem I see would be off-topic posts.

But I am a moderator of the slowest forum section of all. So what would I have to do?

They do have a minimum number of reports processed, obviously we don't hold them to it when there are no reports to do though. That's the entire reason for the periodic mass firings/hirings actually. This time around we had something like 400 reports to do so it took them a little while to work entirely through the backlog. The other actions are much harder to measure, but we do notice when things just aren't getting enforced.
    Are you talking about Keepers? Or am I suppose to be doing reports?
    Last edited by Deantwo; June 25th, 2013 at 07:54 AM.

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    Thought for a moment you were talking about me. ^^;
    Never liked the word (or title?) "dean"... IT'S MY NAME! GIVE IT BACK! XD

Joke aside.

I would say we have some problems when it comes too "necroing". When it is necroing? When it is bad? Can you necro a stickied post?
    Normally I don't like "no necroing" rules, but I can see why it is needed on some bigger forums.

But if we think of a perfect world, where everyone searched before making a new thread and people actually read the whole thread before posting. We would not need the "no necroing" rule because hardly anyone would post, they would find a thread that answer their question and if they are still unsure they can maybe ask more about it in that same thread. This would lead to mega-threads that were very categorized, and the only problem I see would be off-topic posts.

But I am a moderator of the slowest forum section of all. So what would I have to do?

Are you talking about Keepers? Or am I suppose to be doing reports?
    Most forum mods are also keepers :P obviously if you're not I don't hold you to that. Also you in particular do wiki stuff (when it's working)

27. ISO #27

Most forum mods are also keepers :P obviously if you're not I don't hold you to that. Also you in particular do wiki stuff (when it's working)
    Ah yeah, good point.

And yeah forgot about the Wiki work I do... haven't been able to do it for like two weeks now... I miss it. T_T

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

I've had no problems with the staff.

Edit: Actually, Raptorblaze has no avatar and that seriously affects my enjoyment of the game. No, really. I'm srs guize
    Last edited by Nazzhoul; June 25th, 2013 at 11:31 AM.
    And if I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on...
    FMXV: Jester: Win/MVP SFM-Borderlands: Witch: Win M-FM Blazer's Experiment: Subject 8, Sheriff/Infected (Lose) M-FM Nasty Rumors/Treasure Town: Skuntank, Blackmailer (Lose)

30. ISO #30

Staff is too crowded. Lack of profesionality and a lot of Kindergarden.

3 at most.

EDIT: Unvoted
    Last edited by CmG; June 25th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Eskimo View Post
    Voted 1.

Moderation should not be allowed to vote in this poll. How do you expect serious results.

Reasons - More than 75% of my threads have been closed or moved or moderated in some way. Overmoderation - terribad rules. You made Bruno an admin.
    I did tell them they should not be voting, unfortunately to keep it anonymous also means I can't see if they do, if it's a major concern I can just make it public for the next one. Also bruno was a forum moderator not an admin.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidaln00b View Post
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-the-community

reminder that you will be permabanned for making a thread like this

RIP in peace gaspiden
    See crypt's post, also he was leaking info from R&D which is specifically forbidden.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

I did tell them they should not be voting, unfortunately to keep it anonymous also means I can't see if they do, if it's a major concern I can just make it public for the next one.
    I can unvote if you want me to. ^^;

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerape View Post
    I like all the staff currently. I don't have a problem with them anymore.
    How many Moderators are not Keepers?
    Instead of hiring 5+ more Keepers, just make more Keepers out of the current staff.
    Stop making more staff unless you really need it. I don't understand this.
    Just about every staff member does reports, and it wasn't enough, so we hired more staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Round 1....

FIGHT!
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

Staff members should not have a rule list consisting of only three rules. I recommend making the abilities of a staff member to be a bit more limited.
    Satisfaction Rate: 4
    Erm... where are you getting a rule list of only three rules?

Because I know of like... 5-6 different BIG threads each containing info on how Keepers and mods are supposed to act. I know because I've written a couple of them.

@Lazers: Post in Answer Hall if you get bullshit infractions and we'll get 'em figured out.

44. ISO #44

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    Erm... where are you getting a rule list of only three rules?

Because I know of like... 5-6 different BIG threads each containing info on how Keepers and mods are supposed to act. I know because I've written a couple of them.

@Lazers: Post in Answer Hall if you get bullshit infractions and we'll get 'em figured out.

Who are you? Why the fuck are you blue? öÖ

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

Nah just trolling you. As usual.

47. ISO #47

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Eskimo View Post
    Voted 1.

Moderation should not be allowed to vote in this poll. How do you expect serious results.

Reasons - More than 75% of my threads have been closed or moved or moderated in some way. Overmoderation - terribad rules. You made Bruno an admin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerape View Post
    Instead of hiring 5+ more Keepers, just make more Keepers out of the current staff.
    Stop making more staff unless you really need it. I don't understand this.

I swear I just said this.
    *double check*
    Oh. Yea I did. Weird.
    There's only like two nonadmin staff who don't help with reports >.>

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50