New town Role: Judge
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

New town Role: Judge

Role name: Judge
    Description:
    Alignment: Town.
    Abilities: Can overturn a guilty vote of a trial.
    Win Condition: Win with town.
    Host Options:
    1) Limit overturn 1. Default
    2) Limit overturn 2.
    3) Limit overturn 3.
    4) Keeps Power when converted to cult. Default On.

Pros: Can save town from trolling.

Cons: Can be used to abuse gamethrowing by outside resources ie skyping, lan parties etc.

Overall effect on the metagame if implemented:

Can reduce the random lnyching early game as a judge can prevent this.

Additional comments:
    This role may be sound like the mayor but a mayor can be out voted.

Also you can limit this to one use and can change the outcome of the vote.
    Last edited by Tydorstus; April 15th, 2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Saw new role format.

2. ISO #2

Re: New town Role: Judge

imo would fit better as town prot or core. the ability is OP but it would detract from having a more important role like mayor or jailor. and since it cant put players up at will he would need to act more as a herder than something thats actually OP.

overall tho, i would not recomend this role because you negate what 14 other people say just by voting once.

3. ISO #3

I am afraid trolls and game thrower will be unstoppable when they are in this role.
    -IT can let a killer live another 4 days in max.

But I like the idea.

Judge can not be removed from its position, right?
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Sorry for the late post but yes once you use it your role will be revealed. Which depending on the set up make you a bigger target. Also it will be a unique role like GF, Mayor, ML and Witch Doctor.

After thinking about it further it will give you the option during Last Word the Judge will activate the ability. Then he will have 10-15 Seconds to decide what he wants to do. Either Pardon him or let the lynch go though. Note: You will be only able to use this power when there is a guilty vote.

Hopefully this will make it a bit more even.

6. ISO #6

I say don't reveal role, however bear in mind that unless jury time ends the day, the town can "overrule" the judge's pardon by simply re-voting any candidate right back up.

Was in a game last night .. had the Arsonist up 3 times in one day, got aquitted every time (3-3, 6-6, and 5-5) ..

So it's powerful, but it CAN be trumped by players, depending on day timer. Something to consider. (Unless Pardon skips/ends day .. which would be another possible option).

I'd say limit it to no more than 2 possible. Also no need to announce, he's a one-shot candidate that's worthless afterwards (and in fact, his only use then is as a warm body to town, or a threat to overrule votes - no need to out him as a confirmed town).

Remember .. exposing a role's affiliation is a huge advantage for town. When mayor -votes you know FOR CERTAIN that he's town-aligned, which is an advantage to town (confirm investigators, confirmed town role, etc.) - By exposing him, you add the benefit of having another "THIS GUY IS TOWN" and taking away any potential questions about him.

Also disable self-pardons. Or not .. something to consider.

Be great for endgame town saves when outnumbered though. Or for upsetting/fixing gamethrows. But could be abused for the same (Griefing/Gamethrowing) ..

I like the idea, just needs tweaking/testing.
    Last edited by Brigade; April 23rd, 2013 at 11:33 AM.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

I actually now prefer the person revel himself, so that disguiser can have a good option.

SERIOUSLY! GOOD TARGET FOR DISGUISER!
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

9. ISO #9