Hints
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Hints

1. ISO #1

Hints

We know that in pubs new players just don't like to watch the wall of text in Help menu. And still they want to learn the game. Of course, they learn the roles and mechanics while they are playing these roles, but what about adding auto-appearing hints each cycle change (Morning and Evening times)?

Just a short phrase in the chat of any useful info about the game, such as this format:

[HINT] You can leave a last will typing "-lw". It will be revealed in case you die.

[HINT] You can still vote when you are blackmailed.
    Sencerely yours,

Self_Obsessed_Attention_Hungry_Wh()re_With_High_Ambitions_And_Low_IQ

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Hints

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    I do like the idea of it, but at the same time, I feel like we are holding the players' hands too much.
    its not that this is needed, its just the fact that so many new players just dont read up on how to play before they join the match, and by that time its already too late.

imo there should be tooltips on the right, with common roles like doctor/sheriff/mafioso/neutral killer, or even town/mafia/neutral of basic info that pop up every time you join a room.

i also think there should be a little note on the loading screen that reads "new here? just mouse over the little boxes at the top of the screen when the game starts for important gameplay tips"

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    its not that this is needed, its just the fact that so many new players just dont read up on how to play before they join the match, and by that time its already too late.

imo there should be tooltips on the right, with common roles like doctor/sheriff/mafioso/neutral killer, or even town/mafia/neutral of basic info that pop up every time you join a room.

i also think there should be a little note on the loading screen that reads "new here? just mouse over the little boxes at the top of the screen when the game starts for important gameplay tips"
    well the problem is that theres such a steep curve to learing it and so much to learn. i think it should say tips till you reach X points or ability to turn it off. i think there can be many real tips that we could use in game but at the same time its a game full of trolls so when they get random lynched (ie red always mafia troll or random lynch ftw) they need to understand that is one of those things. Maybe have specific tips for the role they have. Some ppl seem to play first time and they get a troll game, they most likely wont play again. its just the fact that you dont have time to read how to play first time. if you are first time player and you get jailed. you cant suddenly say ummm first time player or some stuff like that. its the fact that i think it comes down to the time it takes to learn it vs the time ppl are willing to take is diffrent. if we had a way to quickly teach it it would be better. but the tips are a good idea

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Espozito View Post
    That's what I'm talking about.
    I almost ask everyone died without lastwill, why not leave a lastwill

80% of those people don't bother to write

10% people never pay attention to other people's last will

10% people would ask you how to leave a last will.

----

What I do now, I left last will with colored words to attract attention.

When people come to graveyard and ask, I would tell them nicely.