Some suggestions and comments
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    vileguy

Some suggestions and comments

I have a few suggestions as the title suggests:

Vigilantes shooting on the first night is lame, at least when the game starts on a night. If nothing else, an option to prevent this would be good. I've limited vigilantes to 1 bullet to prevent this, but in the pub scene even that's not influence enough.

Witch controlling Investigator/Sheriff/Consiglier would be a lot more interesting if they didn't know they were controlled. Some people are actually dumb enough to share the "info" they gather, but for the most part it does no more than block. It would be good if there was an option for witches' targets to not know they were manipulated.

Arsonist is really easy to kill, easy to detect, has no allies, and just seems weak overall. I have no idea how you can fix him.

It sucks to die on the first turn, but I don't see any way around it; however, dying first turn as Jester is even more lame. Again, I have no "solution" to this, cuz it's not really a problem.

Multiple save setups would be nice.

If the host could start votes with entered text, such as "do you guys want jester?", that would be great.

It would be nice if the help menu could show all role descriptions even when they aren't in the game.

Thanks for the great map, it's really well done and a blast to play.

2. ISO #2

Re: Some suggestions and comments

Quote Originally Posted by vileguy View Post
    I have a few suggestions as the title suggests:

Vigilantes shooting on the first night is lame, at least when the game starts on a night. If nothing else, an option to prevent this would be good. I've limited vigilantes to 1 bullet to prevent this, but in the pub scene even that's not influence enough.

Witch controlling Investigator/Sheriff/Consiglier would be a lot more interesting if they didn't know they were controlled. Some people are actually dumb enough to share the "info" they gather, but for the most part it does no more than block. It would be good if there was an option for witches' targets to not know they were manipulated.

Arsonist is really easy to kill, easy to detect, has no allies, and just seems weak overall. I have no idea how you can fix him.

It sucks to die on the first turn, but I don't see any way around it; however, dying first turn as Jester is even more lame. Again, I have no "solution" to this, cuz it's not really a problem.

Multiple save setups would be nice.

If the host could start votes with entered text, such as "do you guys want jester?", that would be great.

It would be nice if the help menu could show all role descriptions even when they aren't in the game.
    1) Can't really help stupid. 1 Vig shot really weakens the class as well. Mafia Channel Games usually avoid stupid vig's

2) Thats a really interesting idea that could maybe make it onto a host toggle option. I like that a lot seeing as the Witch is trying to make the town lose anyway.

3) The Arson, along with the SK are very hard roles which is why they are awarded a lot more points for their wins. Just know when to tag and when to burn lol.

4) Luck of the draw, heheh, it does suck but you do get marginally more points for being dead for a long time if you stay full game.

5) Would be nice, but with all the problems with banks lately, be happy one works.

6) Nice Idea... Yes/No votes could be useful at the host screen.

7) It already does in the latest version. Click on Help and then go to Tutorials. If there are any random roles in the game, all possible roles will show up there and their selected abilities will be in Special Attributes.
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

3. ISO #3
    Fat Tony

I'm here for the Arson comment.

SK has something to go to if he gets called out for 'having knives'. Doctor

Arson has what? The town LoafnJug clerk? SK's also have a more direct way of killing people, while arson it's usually luck if you get anything more than 2 kills. I haven't seen him win once, while I personally have won, and seen the SK win.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
    I'm here for the Arson comment.

SK has something to go to if he gets called out for 'having knives'. Doctor

Arson has what? The town LoafnJug clerk? SK's also have a more direct way of killing people, while arson it's usually luck if you get anything more than 2 kills. I haven't seen him win once, while I personally have won, and seen the SK win.
    It's a good point but at present there's no real other class the Arson can logically share a invest. with.

After the next round of Roles are added it may be possible for witch and spirit talker to be mystics, Hitman and Arson to have the same thing (although this still helps the town out in one way or another).
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6
    Membrax

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    When I add Bus Driver, Arsonist will have a cop-out.
    That's pretty cool, arsonist would be significantly more resiliant this way

7. ISO #7
    vileguy

I think it would be interesting if a sheriff who checks a SK/Arson would find nothing if they performed no action the night the investigation took place. This wouldn't make sense for investigator based on the descriptions you get from investigating, but I could overlook that.

8. ISO #8
    Afumba

About the Arsonist... i might be wrong but... if they are multiple arsonist i think they win together... dont they?
    And he can share interest with witch... ok, witch almost always go with mafia or sk but its more then nothing^^

Either i was too drunk that one game... or i could swear that Arsonists won together^^

About the Vigi... u cant fix stupid^^ no matter how many bullets... a nerf would just run the role for good ppls.

Witch - hmm might be a bit OP if u dont know u were controlled.