Point balance
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Point balance

1. ISO #1
    AJRiddle

Point balance

Okay so the point balance has gotten better (haven't seen SKs or Arsonist get like 60 points anymore), but still needs to be improved. For example a witch gets like 3 points for a loss, and they almost always lose. I find it unfair to roles like witch, survivor, etc. that they get almost nothing when they lose, because they lose most of the time. I'd bump these non-killing neutrals up several points on a loss.

Also, I would like to see a points system the rewards for lynching/killing the right people. For example vigilantes get bonus points for killing mafia or neutrals.

2. ISO #2

Re: Point balance

It was already said that giving points for individual actions ingame is too chaotic and difficult to implement. Because honestly, if points are given for actions then they should also be given for words, and that in itself is just impossible.

In the case of Survivor, his goal is to survive. He should definatley not recieve much points if he failed his one simple goal. I was Survivor only twice in all my Mafia games, and in both times I survived to the end of the game. You just need good intuition (of when to use the vests) and to make sure, at the right time, that the killers know you are survivor - and thus not a threat to them.

As for the Witch, perhaps she should be able to win even after her death. That is, if the town lost then she wins, even if she died. Her point gain is more or less the same as the Mafia's, so I don't see a reason against this. Because, the witch has one purpose: To kill all Town members, it shouldn't matter if she survives or not. Perhaps she'l just be given a few extra points if she survives to the end as well.

Hmm, after saying "points should be given for words" I got an idea. When game ends, before the finishing stage where points are awarded and saved, another extra "Day" will begin with everyone present and alive, at which point people will vote - but not for a lynch! Rather for the game's MVP, awarding bonus points to the person with the highest number of votes depending on how many votes he got. Alternatively, each person will recieve points depending on how many votes he got, 1 point for each vote, with the top voted person getting an extra bonus of points depending on the total of votes made (maybe total votes divided by 2). In the case of a tie in the only one MVP case the bonus will be split, in the second case no bonus points will be given - only points per votes.

3. ISO #3
    AJRiddle

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    In the case of Survivor, his goal is to survive. He should definatley not recieve much points if he failed his one simple goal. I was Survivor only twice in all my Mafia games, and in both times I survived to the end of the game. You just need good intuition (of when to use the vests) and to make sure, at the right time, that the killers know you are survivor - and thus not a threat to them.

As for the Witch, perhaps she should be able to win even after her death. That is, if the town lost then she wins, even if she died. Her point gain is more or less the same as the Mafia's, so I don't see a reason against this. Because, the witch has one purpose: To kill all Town members, it shouldn't matter if she survives or not. Perhaps she'l just be given a few extra points if she survives to the end as well.
    I agree with witch part completely, it is really really hard to win as witch currently. I disagree about survivor, not saying they should get a lot of points if they die, but it is harder than town or mafia to win so they should get more than 3 points if they die.

As for MVP it is a good idea, but it would be abused much too often I am afraid.

4. ISO #4

Survivor isn't so hard to win with... Is what I was saying.

MVP abused? If you mean friends voting for each other in the end, awarding each other 1 point... Yeah, big abuse there. If you mean people purposely starting a game with 4 players, well, simply put if the game is too short there will be no MVP round.

Edit: Just another note about the MVP idea. The votes for MVP will always be done Ballots style, meaning you won't see who other people voted for until the vote ends.

5. ISO #5
    Afumba

i guess with abuse he means the friend thing^^ Dont like the extra day idea.

Also i dont understand y ppl having trouble winning with witch. Beside of when i am Mafia/Town i win with her the most i believe... well maybe Jester is a bit higher win ratio too.. but its close...

Witch wins a tie game with town, she wins with a Arsonist, she wins with Survivor, she wins wit SK, she wins with Mafia, she wins with a second Witch... Thats a lot... U only have town as enemy... for rest u are not a primary target... and made it into midgame u will come out of it as survive most of the times if town looses...

If she will win even when she is dead... she practically wins nonstop... everytime town looses she wins. Thats OP.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7
    AJRiddle

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    Even so, I feel I should scale the Witch's points (higher) depending on how many people are left in the game. The Witch must survive to win, even though she has many ways to win, so this points bonus for the next version should handle your doubts.
    I also want to add the Serial Killer to this, I've only seen him win twice now and he currently gets about 3 points for a loss. I think around 5 points would be better for a loss.

Also, just want to add that it would be awesome if vigilantes could be punished for killing guys in the first night. Or perhaps add a warning when they try to kill someone on the first night (or make it not possible).

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9
    AJRiddle

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    Everybody earns the same for losing. Lose points depends on how many people are left alive (fewer = more points).
    Hmm well could you explain the formula more for Serial Killer for example? I have seen Serial Killer lose with 2 mafia alive, and SK only gets 3 points.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11
    Maz

I'd like to suggest a point bonus (3-5? more?) for a 'perfect' game for Mafia or town. Town would be no lynchings of town, or even larger for no town deaths. Mafia would be no mafia deaths, then.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13
    Searix

I totally 100% agree on witch issue, something needs to change.