Diablo III
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Diablo III

1. ISO #1
    Spy

Diablo III

I am looking forward to this! When will it come out?
    Hopefully soon.

I've played Diablo since it first came out, and I still remember I was at my friend's place in Toronto and she was responsible for doing most things; all I did was press the numbers that consumed the hero's potions. It was addicting fun!

Then I played Diablo II. By myself. Everyone cheated.

Now, Diablo III will return with a vengeance. Perfect game for me.

Which class are you?
    I wish there was a Philosopher class. But I think the closest class to that is Wizard or Monk. But come on, Wizard is much cooler and better.

2. ISO #2

Re: Diablo III

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I am looking forward to this! When will it come out?
    Hopefully soon.

I've played Diablo since it first came out, and I still remember I was at my friend's place in Toronto and she was responsible for doing most things; all I did was press the numbers that consumed the hero's potions. It was addicting fun!

Then I played Diablo II. By myself. Everyone cheated.

Now, Diablo III will return with a vengeance. Perfect game for me.

Which class are you?
    I wish there was a Philosopher class. But I think the closest class to that is Wizard or Monk. But come on, Wizard is much cooler and better.
    Fucking nerd.

Jk I am also much anticipating D3 and while I have never played 1/2 it should be amazing.
    *reserved*

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4
    Imperfect

I am taking time off work for release. I am really excited. I had some awesome builds in Diablo 2. Amazing what you can do with careful planning and good gear.

5. ISO #5
    styx0202

-Constant internet connection required
    -Can purchase gear
    -Skill trees removed
    -Stat points removed

No thanks, and fuck you Activzard.

All hail Biscuit The Mailbox 01/08/11

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7
    Inca_Killa

Quote Originally Posted by styx0202 View Post
    -Constant internet connection required
    -Can purchase gear
    -Skill trees removed
    -Stat points removed

No thanks, and fuck you Activzard.

snip
    Yeah Blizzard went from a company I respect to one I disdain. Its amazing how activision ruins everything... But its also blizzards fault so fuck them.

8. ISO #8
    AscendedOne

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    I will be a Barbaric Wizard living as a Monk while employed as a Devil Hunter with the side job of Witch Doctor.
    Demon hunter* unless your just that awesome, who knows you could be.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10
    AscendedOne

I agree that the AH system is messed up, but I will still be playing this game. It isn't enough to deter me from playing it, and I dont see any reason why it should deter others.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12
    Claire_Stanfield

Diablo III - New Class - The Archivist He's a bit closer to Philosopher .

13. ISO #13
    saif3r

D3 is looking like w little WoW now Ah and stuff.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15
    Deolrin

It has a real-money auction house where you could buy gear...
    Seriously.

Most companies try to stop their users from using real life money to buy gear\characters\gold\leveling services. Blizzard encourages it. :/

It is almost worse than the SC2 map marketplace. Seriously. Fucking greedy Blizzard.

(I'll probably still play it though. I'll rip it somewhere and play through the campaign. :3)

16. ISO #16
    AscendedOne

Quote Originally Posted by Deolrin View Post
    Seriously.

Most companies try to stop their users from using real life money to buy gear\characters\gold\leveling services. Blizzard encourages it. :/

It is almost worse than the SC2 map marketplace. Seriously. Fucking greedy Blizzard.

(I'll probably still play it though. I'll rip it somewhere and play through the campaign. :3)
    I could be wrong here, but I believe the map market place is going to be helping map makers get money. Not blizzard so much. I'm assuming blizzard will get SOME money out of it, but it's not entirely selfish or anything.

EDIT: Almost worst? You havent even seen the map market place, it so far seems like a great thing for dem map makers.... Why would the map market place be a bad thing?

17. ISO #17
    Nick

Will it be Blizzard or Activision calling the shots?

18. ISO #18
    SnipingHobo

Firstly, no matter what you do there will always be people wanting to buy gear; just think of diablo 2 and all the channel advertising of websites. There is nothing you can do. So, that being the case, why wouldnt Blizzard go on and capitalize on it?

Also, this allows all players to actually make money by playing the game by uploading their items on the aunction house to sell.

In the end, this is all based around the economic concept of supply and demand.

19. ISO #19

But they are making it more accessible... Not only that, they are saying "Its ok to do it, go right ahead, don't feel guilty at all". How many people did this in Diablo2? Guess there was quite alot, but how many will do it in Diablo3 now that Blizzard legalized it? A hell of alot more.

I get that Blizzard want to profit, in the end all companies do, but doing something ugly like this for the sole purpose of making money, and it is for that one sole purpose - don't have any delusions here, is just plain wrong.

20. ISO #20
    chocopaw

21. ISO #21
    Xentios

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    But they are making it more accessible... Not only that, they are saying "Its ok to do it, go right ahead, don't feel guilty at all". How many people did this in Diablo2? Guess there was quite alot, but how many will do it in Diablo3 now that Blizzard legalized it? A hell of alot more.

I get that Blizzard want to profit, in the end all companies do, but doing something ugly like this for the sole purpose of making money, and it is for that one sole purpose - don't have any delusions here, is just plain wrong.
    blizzard wont sell items there. Yes they wil get money from per trans. but it is much better then players goign and buying from random seller(cheater vs.) .
    Blizzard make a good shot there. If you cant stop ,make it legal and undercontrol.

22. ISO #22
    styx0202

when i was in middle school, September was my most hated month of the year due to end of summer vacation, now its my favourite due to TONS OF SHIT COMING OUT HELL YEAH

23. ISO #23
    Claire_Stanfield

Seriously.

They don't do it because they're greedy but because people would do it anyway but without official system they can be cheated.

24. ISO #24
    Inca_Killa

Quote Originally Posted by AscendedOne View Post
    Seriously.

I could be wrong here, but I believe the map market place is going to be helping map makers get money. Not blizzard so much. I'm assuming blizzard will get SOME money out of it, but it's not entirely selfish or anything.

EDIT: Almost worst? You havent even seen the map market place, it so far seems like a great thing for dem map makers.... Why would the map market place be a bad thing?
    I bought Sc2. I should not have to again buy maps.

It also cuts away from their playerbase as money of us are not willing to spend money on a fucking map within a game. Its fucking ridiculous and stupid.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26
    Inca_Killa

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Map market place? Seriously? So what am I going to do all day if I refuse to pay?
    Also if I like a map and actually had money to donate, I would.

For example, you could theoretically buy Mafia off the market place or donate to DR.

One of the choices gives some of the money to DR, the other gives all of it. Which one should you choose?

But also, I do know that DR would ultimately get more money if he made it pay to play, but then again it could also kill popularity a whole lot.

Please don't DR

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30
    chocopaw

I posted this today on Mapster, it's from a german newssite. Good news in my eyes, probably bad for you DR.

Ah, weitere interessante Info: Der Marketplace von Starcraft 2 wird und wird nicht fertig. Also weiterhin keine Battlenet-Plattform, über die man selbstgebaute Karten an die Masse der Fans verteilen kann. Ob der Marketplace mit Heart of the Swarm kommt, ist fraglich. Blizzard weiß es nämlich selbst noch nicht.
    The marketplace is progressing very slowly. It's doubtful if it will come with HotS, Blizzard itself doesn't know.

source: https://www.gamestar.de/spiele/diablo...7,2560318.html

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Inca_Killa View Post
    Map market place? Seriously? So what am I going to do all day if I refuse to pay?
    Also if I like a map and actually had money to donate, I would.

For example, you could theoretically buy Mafia off the market place or donate to DR.

One of the choices gives some of the money to DR, the other gives all of it. Which one should you choose?

But also, I do know that DR would ultimately get more money if he made it pay to play, but then again it could also kill popularity a whole lot.

Please don't DR
    Yes DR, please don't.

32. ISO #32
    Claire_Stanfield

Quote Originally Posted by Inca_Killa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AscendedOne View Post
    Seriously.

I bought Sc2. I should not have to again buy maps.

It also cuts away from their playerbase as money of us are not willing to spend money on a fucking map within a game. Its fucking ridiculous and stupid.
    Oh and i thought you will buy for example terrain for ur own map. Oh i'm so silly..

33. ISO #33
    Cyber_Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    I will be a Barbaric Wizard living as a Monk while employed as a Devil Hunter with the side job of Witch Doctor.
    thats some mad multitasking prowess

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35
    Imperfect

TBH I don't have any Diablo games, nor plan on getting any for the time being, especially with the real world auction shit.
    What a shame. Diablo 2 is the best game ever made. Also Diablo 3 looks really nice aside from the real world auction shit and a few minor things.

36. ISO #36
    Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    TBH I don't have any Diablo games, nor plan on getting any for the time being, especially with the real world auction shit.
    What a shame. Diablo 2 is the best game ever made. Also Diablo 3 looks really nice aside from the real world auction shit and a few minor things.
    Was the best at the time, yes. Wouldn't say it was the best game ever made.

37. ISO #37
    S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

38. ISO #38
    Spy

Quote Originally Posted by S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha View Post
    Now that I have slow internet (as opposed to no internet), I am geared up to play this!!!!! BRING IT ON DIABLO!

39. ISO #39
    SilentShadow

Holy shit the betas are starting soon? GOOD. That means they aren't going to be retards like they were with Starcraft 2.

"We're releasing on Feb 8! No wait Aug. 17. No wait I MEANT JANUARY. FUCK JULY." All those dates aren't real I'm just making a story of it. They couldn't decide.....

40. ISO #40
    chocopaw

We're pleased to announce that in most regions, PayPal will be our payment-service partner for the Diablo III auction house, allowing players who trade with real-world currency the ability to cash out the spoils of their battle-torn adventures via a PayPal account.
    PayPal will also soon be added in several regions as a payment option on Battle.net, providing another convenient and secure payment method for digital purchases of Blizzard products and services.
    We’ll share region-related specifics, as well as further details on everything mentioned above, in the near future. Stay tuned!
    source: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3501279

Yo DR, didn't you have some awesome experiences with paypal?

41. ISO #41

Quote Originally Posted by chocopaw View Post
    We're pleased to announce that in most regions, PayPal will be our payment-service partner for the Diablo III auction house, allowing players who trade with real-world currency the ability to cash out less than 10% of the spoils of their battle-torn adventures via a PayPal account.
    PayPal will also soon be added in several regions as a payment option on Battle.net, providing another convenient and secure payment method for digital purchases of Blizzard products and services.
    We’ll share region-related specifics, as well as further details on everything mentioned above, in the near future. Stay tuned!
    source: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3501279

Yo DR, didn't you have some awesome experiences with paypal?
    Fixed.

heh, not that I know, but after what DR said about paypal...

42. ISO #42
    Joshua

Been having some fun with the talent calculators, whos going to play diablo3 despite the always being online and real money auction house anyways?

43. ISO #43
    chocopaw

Millions of people?

44. ISO #44
    S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Been having some fun with the talent calculators, whos going to play diablo3 despite the always being online and real money auction house anyways?
    I love the pic, Asc, why are people posting in other threads with their Mafia name anyway? I want to play D3, it looks pretty good, at least compared to most of the stuff today. I fear that I'll be spending the entire fuckin' year playing SW:toR with Proc and David, no idea if Rev or Boots will join.

45. ISO #45
    Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha View Post
    I love the pic, Asc, why are people posting in other threads with their Mafia name anyway? I want to play D3, it looks pretty good, at least compared to most of the stuff today. I fear that I'll be spending the entire fuckin' year playing SW:toR with Proc and David, no idea if Rev or Boots will join.
    Becuz I'm too lazy to switch accounts. I do have a few plans of eletrocuting people. What about you?

46. ISO #46
    S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post

Becuz I'm too lazy to switch accounts. I do have a few plans of eletrocuting people. What about you?
    Today went fast as hell. I think a few people weren't able to post.

we art nowe a'cheatin', good olde times mate.