-Comprehensive Lawyer Suggestion(s)-
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    Doc

-Comprehensive Lawyer Suggestion(s)-

A wild Wall of Text appears!

The role "Lawyers" has been suggested multiple times in these forums, and, at least for me, they have not quite achieved the notion of what a lawyer actually is, in relation to their real-life activities. I have debated on this topic for quite some time today, thinking of a not-boring, not-overpower and non-repetitive role which should be quite amusing. Actually, I have a bunch of propositions.
    This is in no way final. I actually request that you guys tell me your opinions on how my suggestion can be improved.

Role:Lawyer

The lawyer does absolutely nothing at night but wait. (He's immune at night? Your suggestions please)
    I have not quite decided yet if the lawyer can vote, but here's the thing:
    The lawyer starts as a townie (random town can be lawyer). His goal is to prevent townies from being lynched, or to encourage the town by lynching mafia/SK/witch etc. Before or after a lynchee is chosen to make his defense, the lawyer can make a short speech 20-30 secs in favor or against the lynchee. This will make the lawyer's role public, but here's the thing:
    The lawyer can be recruited by the mafia at night. If he accepts, then he will win with the mafia. The town is not aware of this. I haven't quite decided yet, but maybe the lawyer could also ally with the SK/Arsonist.
    So basically, what the lawyer does is ally with whoever he wants and defend/further accuse people that have been voted to lynch.

Any suggestions? I'm always open

-I am aware that this would make the games possibly longer, so shortening the lynchee's speech could be an option

2. ISO #2
    Afumba

Re: -Comprehensive Lawyer Suggestion(s)-

Hmmmm... nice idea but... a overpowered i guess.
    With this setup he has a lot of autowin capacity. Also it favours mafia extremely... as if Lawyer side with em... they know & town doesnt. I guess its a bit too harsh...

If i were a lawyer i would reveal myself 1 day... as i am immune in the night anyway & no one wants to lynch me anyway. So i can wait till nearly the end of the game... and then side with the guy who has the most possibility to win...
    Making the lawyer win at least 8 of 10 games with these settings.

Maybe the immuntiy thing should be changed into something else... dont know like he survives 2 attempts or hast 2-3 vests-
    Also the ability to side with someone should be fix... meaning he has to finalize his allignment till Day XY.

Nice suggestion in generall... but in my eyes op^^
    Oh and about the lenght... the length is no prob i guess... dont wnt to rush true the game...^^

3. ISO #3
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Afumba View Post
    Hmmmm... nice idea but... a overpowered i guess.
    With this setup he has a lot of autowin capacity. Also it favours mafia extremely... as if Lawyer side with em... they know & town doesnt. I guess its a bit too harsh...

If i were a lawyer i would reveal myself 1 day... as i am immune in the night anyway & no one wants to lynch me anyway. So i can wait till nearly the end of the game... and then side with the guy who has the most possibility to win...
    Making the lawyer win at least 8 of 10 games with these settings.

Maybe the immuntiy thing should be changed into something else... dont know like he survives 2 attempts or hast 2-3 vests-
    Also the ability to side with someone should be fix... meaning he has to finalize his allignment till Day XY.

Nice suggestion in generall... but in my eyes op^^
    Oh and about the lenght... the length is no prob i guess... dont wnt to rush true the game...^^

I agree that at this stage the Lawyer would be OP. But maybe let the lawyer choose sides in the first day / night? That would fix these issues. 2 vests seems appropriate thanks for the feedback

4. ISO #4

Yeah, I wish there was a neutral role for the Lawyer that couldn't be killed or lynched, but each time someone went up on trial the two could talk for 10-15 seconds in private and then the Lawyer had to sway the vote one way or another.

Each person can only use a lawyer once and it can be option while going up on stage. There should probably only be one lawyer in the game like a godfather.

Here's the kicker though, Lawyers aren't scored for winning losing, they don't have an effect on the game. They get points when they convince an the town to let the man go. The more people that vote innocent the more points the lawyer gets.

I've always wanted to try to help others while they give defense because some of the defenses I'm seeing nowadays are lame.

Choosing a lawyer could also work against you because the Lawyer could choose weather he wants to defend you or not. The more you get into this role the less mafia-like it is though...

5. ISO #5
    Afumba

this idea sounds good to but... if he gets points depending on trials...
    He should side at start of the game if he is pro town, pro mafia or pro neutrals. (of course no one will no of his allignment)
    Because if he gets points by innocent ppls... he will always do the same... to earn points

But if he has to choose sides at start... he has to make the right calls in order to get points.

Also 10-15 second wouldnt be enough... more like 20-30 (mean the talking time with the accused guy)

But here too i am not so sure if this doesnt ruin the game a bit... as he has a really huge influence & is not killable.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7
    Echo

I think we should keep it simple: the lawyer is neutral - he wins if he survives to the end. He has the ability to select one person each night to protect from lynching, anonymously.

Basically he's the "doctor" for daytime killing, and he's not necessarily allied with the town or the mob.

8. ISO #8
    AJRiddle

Quote Originally Posted by McPwnage View Post
    This idea honestly sounds kind of dumb. Lawyer should just be a mafia role that is the opposite of the framer and makes someone look innocent/like a civilian
    This.