Target leaving as Executioner
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    benandwill1

Target leaving as Executioner

In recent games I have played where I have been an executioner, my target has left on the first night. I am really bad at being a jester and i cannot manage to get my executioner win. I'm wondering if there's a way for an executioners target to be replaced if their current one leaves.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    Envy

Re: Target leaving as Executioner

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    I can't really balance the game around people leaving. Having a target reset causes some potential problems, too.

Really, I am pretty miffed about the whole culture of apathy some Mafia players have, primarily in the public channels. Leaving on n1 is just not cool.
    Might I suggest a higher point loss, such as -40 if you leave N1 and are still alive and it decreases by 10 points for each night or just stays at 40.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I dunno, I rather suspect that the people who ragequit aren't the kind of people who care about their points at all.
    FMII: Armorsmith | FMIII: Napoli Godfather | FMIV: Arsonist | FMV: Doctor | FMVI: Greed | FMVIII: Consigliere | FMXVI: Citizen | MFMXVII: Bus Driver | FMXX: Mason

Il giusto è solo chi sa fingerlo meglio

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7
    Sirrush

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Which is why I suggested a diffrent, and far more cruel form of punishment, if you remember :P

Get the role you didn't want to play and left because you got it next game 100%.
    I support this idea 100%. I think it would be impossible to make 100% though because of the possibility said role isn't even possible in the settings of next game, or that somebody else is also being forced into that role and there can only be one possible of those roles in the current game.

8. ISO #8
    Jailbar

I think currently the leaver thing is good enough. When people get a role they don't want, they just troll and try to get themselves killed. If they are a Doctor or other important Town role this can potentially ruin the game more than if they had just left. This doesn't happen all the time, but bigger leaver restrictions would force them to stay, and so force this to happen more often.

As for the Executioner, maybe change his win condition completely to "The town must lose (for about 10 points). If your target is lynched during the day, you get double points". This way you can still try to make the Town lose with just words, even if your target is lynched or isn't lynched you have something else to work for.

9. ISO #9
    Ruffles

even if the 100% thing happen, we will just lose players.

10. ISO #10

How about a "game's biggest troll" vote during the course of the game?

You type -troll playername/color

Then you cast your vote for the game's troll, its completely annonymus. At the end if a single player has more than 50% of the votes he loses a big chunk of his points right there and next game he is silenced the entire game.

In other words, torture the noobs ;D

However, at the same time, add the selection of two "anti-roles" for each player, once at 2k points, second at 4k. Roles to avoid... To be fair.