New Role : Voodoo Lady
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    Prodiigy

New Role : Voodoo Lady

If you guys have ever played EpicMafia
    which I believe is what inspired Dark.Revenant to make -Mafia-
    There is a role called the voodoo lady and this is a quick sum up of what it is

1) Will I enjoy playing this role in the game?
    YES, YES I WILL definently

2) Is the role a combination of exsisting roles?
    No I dont see anything like this at all

3) Will the role be useful to its alignment?
    Yes if used properly like all other ones.

4) Is the role too easy to win with?
    No, You can only target one person

5) Is your role just a slight modification of an existing role?
    Maybe you could say It is like the blackmailer but It wasn't intended that way

6)Is your role based on chance?
    Part yes, part no.

7)Is your role supposed to be a joke?
    Hell no, this is pure seriousness

Is your role a variation of any of these roles?
    No, not at all.. this is unique to any of those In those threads

Role Name: Voodoo Lady

Description: A Gyspy in hiding in search of destruction of the town.

Allignment: None (Evil/Advanced)

Abilities: Chooses one person a night, chooses a word a night and if the person says that word the next day they will die..

Host Options:
    1) The target knows they are in danger
    2) Limited to 1-4 Letter words (Default: On)
    3) Your target loses his ability at night if failed to kill your target

Goal: Kill off the Town and everyone else who would oppose you.

Pros: Have a different effect to the game and Possibly eliminate spammers
    Cons: Retards will always lose

Overall effect on the metagame if implemented: Change how people think and talk

Additional Comments:
    1) Wins with Mafia
    2)The voodoo lady can only choose 4 letter words or more.
    3)words are not case-sensitive and still work when in compound words. Example: . The curse is "lynch". The cursed person says "nOlYnCh".
    . The character "|" is not considered part of a word.
    4)If someone says a word in 2 parts, i.e. they say "lyn" and then "ch" in 2 different . lines of text, they will die if the voodoo word was "lynch". This is true even for . more than 2 lines, and even if the person is interrupted.
    5)THE VOODOO LADY CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE PERSON!!!!!!!!

I got all this from the EpicMafia Wiki here -> https://wiki.epicmafia.com:8081/index...le=Voodoo_Lady

This is just a suggestion to have this the next role to be put in because I
    believe that this will have a interesting impact on the SC2 Mafia Game.

Thank you for taking your time to read this suggestion.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    Prodiigy

Re: New Role : Voodoo Lady

Quote Originally Posted by philie View Post
    she needs to at least be a neutral as a witch replacement, and still she would be op against investigatives
    I am sure D.R could find a clever way around that

4. ISO #4
    The wolfman 32

its already been sugested so GTFO

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6
    Prodiigy

Quote Originally Posted by The wolfman 32 View Post
    its already been sugested so GTFO
    I am sorry i am new to the forums but I have been playing Mafia for a long time would you mind directing me to that thread?

7. ISO #7
    Prodiigy

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Instant voodoo lady win, by using the words: clue, hi, lol, maf, sk, arso, vote, lynch, jester, noob, bm...

Ok joking. This role is certaintly more interesting than blackmailer, lol. Will victims know they are cursed?
    Hmm, I believe in the epicmafia game they die instantly in day because they fall to the floor or something along the lines of that but modifications could be met maybe instead of dying they lose all day abilities such as voting, talking or jailing for the jailor but I am not sure I am sure D.R can figure something out but I just think that a role like this will definantly change the gameplay for the better.

By the way If you want to learn more about the Voodoo Lady role in the Browser game go here -> https://wiki.epicmafia.com:8081/index...le=Voodoo_Lady

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9
    Sarzael

Suggestion: Option for the cursed to know that he was cursed.
    Comment: DARK REVENANT FOR THE SAKE OF GOOD THINGS ADD THIS!

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Instant voodoo lady win, by using the words: clue, hi, lol, maf, sk, arso, vote, lynch, jester, noob, bm...

Ok joking. This role is certaintly more interesting than blackmailer, lol. Will victims know they are cursed?
    I've played against this role in EpicMafia, and all you have to do is intentionaly mis-spell every word you spell, while makeing it audable.

Ex. Aukmid isss Maffia. I''m sheerif.

11. ISO #11
    Pedobear

I don't think this role would be that much of use without a lightkeeper role as suggested in a other thread.

If you don't get what I'm saying, here;

*Voodoo lady chooses sherrif to not say 'red is mafia'*
    *Sherrif*; hey guys I have a lead, red is mafia!!
    *Sherrif dies*
    *voodoo lady wins*

Either that, or it would be way to easy of a win. Sort of like winning as Consort, its too easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

12. ISO #12
    Sarzael

I think you can only use a word same time. Also this makes chat other danger ;D try avoiding common words, or mispelling them.

13. ISO #13
    Sarzael

Bump.

14. ISO #14
    Krismighty

Seems like a great roll. but i think it should be a neutral role.
    And to win it should have to kill 1 target with vodoo trick. Same as exec's way to win. It must kill a person (depending on who was picked during the night, each night)

15. ISO #15
    Sarzael

I was seeing this role and i noticed than in the ad they were selling Voodoo Dolls

16. ISO #16
    No exit

I pick the word "is".

It will just cause people to spell words wrong just to avoid it.

Reddddd issssss mafffffia!

if you want to make this work you should take something like "red is not allowed to vote on blue" or "red is not allowed to target blue at night" or will die. That could work.

17. ISO #17
    Sarzael

Quote Originally Posted by No exit View Post
    I pick the word "is".

It will just cause people to spell words wrong just to avoid it.

Reddddd issssss mafffffia!

if you want to make this work you should take something like "red is not allowed to vote on blue" or "red is not allowed to target blue at night" or will die. That could work.
    Learn to read or gtfo, the word must be atleast 4 letters.
    And also the word issssss includes the word IS inside it, so he would die anyway.

18. ISO #18
    Prodiigy

Lol, there is some problems with it, being a neutral yeah, but to kill one person would be to easy.. most of these can be fixed really easy though with a few modifications, overall this is one of my most anticipated roles.

19. ISO #19
    Pansy

I'd say it has to be a seven letter word, to make it more challenging for it to happen, or at least a six letter word.

20. ISO #20
    Prodiigy

Bump

21. ISO #21
    DominiEra

This would be a good addition to the game. Although people with less vocabulary will be affected, by this i mean people who use words frequently used in the game. I.e. invest, mafia, heal, etc. You will have to use different words like ''I was nursed last night''.

Also, i should say that someone who is ''voodooed'' should know they are. It should not be an option otherwise the VL (short for Voodoo Lady) is not going to have any challenge.

The challenge in this role is to find key word that people will try to avoid using. I.e. This will give more challenge to the VL and also make it hard for the target to speak at day.

In other words, it will add a new challenge to the meta game. At first we had to guess who was lying, now we will need to watch ourselves when discussing in day chat.

Ideas for options:
    -Also affect roles who can talk at night (Mafia, Masons, Cultist, Jailor, Jailor's target)
    -Maximum of 2,3,4 targets(If none are selected default is set to infinite) (Work like charges)
    -Chosen word has a minimum letters of 5,6,7

i.e. You can make a hard setting for the VL with a setting of words of 7 letters but her ability still works the following night if the target can talk during night.

You can chose a small amount of letters (5) but make VL only has a set amount of charges.

You can make it

22. ISO #22
    Daedalus

Terrible idea that adds a fun element for the player but a very un-fun element for everyone else. Instead of trying to figure out who the killers are, your left to worry about what word(s) you cannot say.

No Voodoo Lady, please.

23. ISO #23
    DominiEra

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Terrible idea that adds a fun element for the player but a very un-fun element for everyone else. Instead of trying to figure out who the killers are, your left to worry about what word(s) you cannot say.

No Voodoo Lady, please.
    Well its not about trying words u cannot say. Its most likely a blackmail effect, you need to wisely talk only if needed.

Also maybe do that the effect (if its a kill/silence/etc) only comes in effect the next night to day transition.

24. ISO #24
    Prodiigy

No Voodoo Lady, please.
    No offense, but are you retarded do you have any clue about how to play games like these???
    1. You target one person
    2. It's 3-4 Letter words
    3. Can be a solution to trolls
    4. You dont even have to talk

25. ISO #25
    Daedalus

Quote Originally Posted by Prodiigy View Post
    No offense, but are you retarded do you have any clue about how to play games like these???
    Lulz. Your logic is impeccable.
    1. You target one person
    2. It's 3-4 Letter words
    1. Does the person know he is targeted? Because if he does not then everyone is equally in danger of being killed by not typing the word 'lynch'.
    2. It is a three to four letter word? I think I will speak in 1, 2, and 5+ letter words from now on. Voodoo Lady is now useless. Also your original post says 4+ letter words.
    3. The only solution to trolls is to ignore, ban, and/or block them. If a guy really wants to ruin the game he will find a way. There is no solution to be found with game mechanics.
    4. Not talking will make you highly suspect in almost every game, bub.

Your role is either going to add an unnecessary challenge to the game which may as well be pure chance or it is going to be extremely ineffective. This form of clunky gameplay is not something I want to see in Mafia (a job already taken up by the Cultist).

26. ISO #26
    Cyber_Cheese

i have to agree with the guy above me
    it might be fun for one person, but that would really suck to get stuck with

27. ISO #27
    Prodiigy

1. You target one person
    2. It's 3-4 Letter words
    1. Does the person know he is targeted? Because if he does not then everyone is equally in danger of being killed by not typing the word 'lynch'.
    2. It is a three to four letter word? I think I will speak in 1, 2, and 5+ letter words from now on. Voodoo Lady is now useless. Also your original post says 4+ letter words.
    3. The only solution to trolls is to ignore, ban, and/or block them. If a guy really wants to ruin the game he will find a way. There is no solution to be found with game mechanics.

Your role is either going to add an unnecessary challenge to the game which may as well be pure chance or it is going to be extremely ineffective. This form of clunky gameplay is not something I want to see in Mafia (a job already taken up by the Cultist).
    Can you please read my post again, I fixed it all of your arguments can be easily patched up.. plus its a target not everyone in the game.... Plus this is already in the EpicMafia game and it seems fine in that so whats wrong with it being here?

28. ISO #28
    Prodiigy

Bump

29. ISO #29
    Cyber_Cheese

1. You target one person
    2. It's 3-4 Letter words

Can you please read my post again, I fixed it all of your arguments can be easily patched up.. plus its a target not everyone in the game.... Plus this is already in the EpicMafia game and it seems fine in that so whats wrong with it being here?
    sometimes roles get put into games which probably shouldnt have, but once theyr in its awkward to take them back, for example check out how many heroes recieved complete designs in dota/hon (lol too probably), for a specific example the naix full of passive auras
    there is a reason that there are heroes that didnt get adopted in to hon, and this is more or less the same

30. ISO #30
    Prodiigy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber_Cheese View Post
    1. You target one person
    2. It's 3-4 Letter words

sometimes roles get put into games which probably shouldnt have, but once theyr in its awkward to take them back, for example check out how many heroes recieved complete designs in dota/hon (lol too probably), for a specific example the naix full of passive auras
    there is a reason that there are heroes that didnt get adopted in to hon, and this is more or less the same
    So you compare HoN and DotA to this???
    these games are exactly the same except this one is run in the SC2 engine and is less text based then EpicMafia, if you havent played this role in epicmafia you have no right to think that this will effect the game in a negative way

31. ISO #31
    Cyber_Cheese

1. You target one person
    2. It's 3-4 Letter words

these games are exactly the same except this one is run in the SC2 engine and is less text based then EpicMafia, if you havent played this role in epicmafia you have no right to think that this will effect the game in a negative way
    Well what was I meant to compare to convey my reasoning? If you love the role that much, go play more EpicMafia...

32. ISO #32
    Prodiigy

1. You target one person
    2. It's 3-4 Letter words

Well what was I meant to compare to convey my reasoning? If you love the role that much, go play more EpicMafia...
    No, the point of my thread is that I want this in the game and many more people want it in to, you dont want it? dont put it in your setup. People play with it dont play public or host your own games, simple.

33. ISO #33
    Prodiigy

bump