Is helping town as a Witch or Serial Killer game-throwing?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Unhappy Is helping town as a Witch or Serial Killer game-throwing?

On the rare occasions that it actually works and town get all the mafia and other killers before I die, I'll suicide to end the game.
    I don't call out my role and say I'm helping town, I just try to do it discreetly.
    Game-Throwing
    This is intentionally playing to lose. An example of this is a Mafioso giving out the names of his fellow Mafia to the town during his trial.
    But according to the rules in the player report section, it would sound like game-throwing...which makes me sad considering how much more fun it is.
    And if I'm the only one who's getting "thrown" so to speak, is it still punishable? am I going to get banned for even posting that I do this?

2. ISO #2

Re: Is helping town as a Witch or Serial Killer game-throwing?

By that definition, it is. You played to intentionally lose (suicide at the end).
    A Witch does not help town! A SK might, under difficult conditions..
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM8 - Bebe(Citizen) FM9-Prokofi(German Medic) FM10- CptKirk(Citizen) FM11 - Caitlyn(Abstergo Agent/Citizen)
    M-FM1-Veteran(Durante) M-FM2-Detective M-FM 4- Student(Nina Einstein) M-FM6- Armorsmith
    Misc: Why-FOM (M-FM 1), SFM: The Experiment: Hosted

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    nah. even serial killers can gamethrow themselves
    Partly True

Anyway my SK strategy ( when there is no confirmed SK )
    -do nothing
    if discovered - say 'I am helping town! I haven't kill any town and I will kill only mafias'
    if not discovered - usually it will be till a point where there is less then 5 players, where you can make the killing blow

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalis View Post
    Partly True

-do nothing
    if discovered - say 'I am helping town! I haven't kill any town and I will kill only mafias'
    if not discovered - usually it will be till a point where there is less then 5 players, where you can make the killing blow
    that is not gamethrowing.
    however suiciding after all evil roles are dead is gamethrowing.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

I think personal game throw ( when you gamethrow when playing an individual role ) is ok, it does not make your teammates lose, unlike when a mafia/town/cult gamethrows
    this^ your only hitting yourself by doing this.

11. ISO #11

You should ask yourself this question:
    Am I going against my role card?
    "No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to makeup for our mistakes because in doing so... we can move from our past mistakes towards a brighter future."

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Devynity View Post
    On the rare occasions that it actually works and town get all the mafia and other killers before I die, I'll suicide to end the game.
    I don't call out my role and say I'm helping town, I just try to do it discreetly.

But according to the rules in the player report section, it would sound like game-throwing...which makes me sad considering how much more fun it is.
    And if I'm the only one who's getting "thrown" so to speak, is it still punishable? am I going to get banned for even posting that I do this?
    If you just admitting to helping town, even discretely, that is Game-Throwing. You can act like you are helping town, but you need to play to win and fulfill your objective.

Partly True

-do nothing

Not game-throwing.
    However, is the SK is genuinely trying to help the town that is game-throwing.

Disclaimer: My personal opinion on the matter and how I would regard the report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusco View Post
    Dirty fucking swiss neutral

14. ISO #14

Let's see here.

Game-throwing means to purposely lose the game for you and your team-mates. This is a method of grieving.

Since the Witch is technically Neutral, and has no team-mates, it can't be considered a way to grief others. Like the Survivor, the Witch can choose which side they want to win, meaning that they can technically choose to take a loss, and let the Town win.

Although the Witch wins with the Mafia, they're technically not aligned together. The Mafia can easily kill a Witch if they deem fit. This means, that a Witch, under any sense of paranoia, has the right to betray their father figures, and achieve a win by themselves. Again, the Neutral perspective is brought to the Witch.

Another perspective is, a Mafia player choosing to commit suicide, rather than continuing. This is a method of giving up, usually when the player has no way to win, or if they're definitely going to die. A Witch can choose to give up as well, and as a Neutral, has every right to do it. This is different from game-throwing, where a Mafia can reveal his fellow allies and thus, end the game.

A Neutral is a flexible role, and thus, is not subject to game-throwing rules. Instead, they can choose what they want, and they're choice is their own.

15. ISO #15

That's complete bullshit.
    im sry for the language but its true.
    There is no technically this and technically that
    Game throwing is making you or your teammates lose.
    if you're on a team by yourself you can gameThrow yourself.
    It's pure and simple. Just because you're not aligned with other players directly Doesn't mean you can't game throw.
    If the witc causes the town to win and suicides It's game throwing.
    If a serial killer suicide to ensure that the town wins or the mafia wins it's game throwing

16. ISO #16

Gamethrowing refers to playing against your win objective.

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...ime+punishment
    Crime: Game-Throwing
    This is intentionally playing to lose. An example of this is a Mafioso giving out the names of his fellow Mafia to the town during his trial.
    SK/witch actively helping town is gamethrowing, if not cheating.

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Gamethrowing refers to playing against your win objective.

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...ime+punishment

SK/witch actively helping town is gamethrowing, if not cheating.
    That's kinda stupid, vague and limiting the way players play. Will only cause paranoia and people not to play.

SK/s variant is doc so by design he must "help" the town. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Non team orientated roles should be excluded from any type of "gamethrowing" or people will just keeping accusing and reporting each other.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Techies View Post
    That's kinda stupid, vague and limiting the way players play. Will only cause paranoia and people not to play.

SK/s variant is doc so by design he must "help" the town. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Non team orientated roles should be excluded from any type of "gamethrowing" or people will just keeping accusing and reporting each other.
    saw that. stopped reading

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm talking about open gamethrowing...

Greetings! SK here. Lets wipe out mafia for a town win! Oh of course lynch me afterwards.
    What if people see that as bluff and the SK accidentally win because of it?

If the person admits to game-throwing afterwords, sure take action, but don't judge someone because you THINK he threw the game. That's gonna get a lot of newbies banned.

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Techies View Post
    What if people see that as bluff and the SK accidentally win because of it?

If the person admits to game-throwing afterwords, sure take action, but don't judge someone because you THINK he threw the game. That's gonna get a lot of newbies banned.
    anytime the sk says hey ill help you win town and the town wins. its gamethrowing.

anytime the witch says hey town im making the gf target himself every night dont kill me till all evil roles are dead. is gamethrowing

sk suiciding to give town a win gamethrowing.

executioner keeping his target from getting lynched. gamethrowing. (i mean like saying im sheriff this guy is ns when he is mafioso)

23. ISO #23

Yes, it's gamethrowing.
    OK blah blah whatever, you're "only gamethrowing yourself because you have no team."
    But, you also have to consider the overall balance of the game - if you're playing specifically to kill the mafia so the town can win rather than trying to win by yourself, then the game will end differently.
    Playing as an SK, it's best to try and balance out killing townies and killing mafia so that you can try to be the last one alive, right?
    If you specifically target mafia to help town, you're not trying to be the last one alive. The game could very well have ended differently had you actually been trying to be the last one alive.
    It's not fair to the other scum for you to specifically play against them in order to help out town.

Does that make sense? lol
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28