PDA

View Full Version : Mason Buff

FalseTruth
May 23rd, 2011, 11:50 PM
Masons are definitely underused as town roles in the current metagame. I propose fixing this by allowing masons to vote at night to find out what happens to people at night.

Let me explain:

Suppose Players 1, 2, 3 are all masons. Player 4 is a witch. Player 5 is a doctor. Player 6 is a mafioso. Player 7 is a citizen

On night 1: Player 4 controls the mafia to kill player 7. Player 5 heals player 7.
Masons vote on a player to "visit". Two masons vote for player 7 and one votes for player 5.

When night actually begins, ALL THREE MASONS , are told that player 7 was attacked and healed.

If they were to investigate player 6 they would be told he was witched.
If they were to investigate player 5 they would be told nothing happened.

Post comments and thoughts below.

wightsnow
May 24th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Unnecessary if cult ever gets implemented.

CrazedSeal
May 24th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Masons dont need a buff. Its due to the fact that public games are full of nubs who like to random lynch.

Masons power comes late game when, if all survive, can turn the tide due to the fact that if 3 masons confront 3 mafia, and theres a townie, masons have a good advantage.

Auckmid
May 27th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Next patch, masons will come back in fasion due to mason leader and cult

Dark.Revenant
May 27th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Cult is being delayed.

Lysergic
May 27th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I feel like having multiple confirmed town is enough of a buff, even with Cult delayed. If Masons wait till late game, they have massive voting power and can end up leading town. If they reveal early on, Sheriffs and Invests can save 2+ nights by checking other people.

Plus, if Spy can hear Masons, that's ANOTHER confirmed town easily gained. Last time I played Spy in a Mason game, I revealed to the Masons by saying the same thing that they did immediately on the 1st day (something about needing a "unified front" for voting - I remember it was a very distinctive phrase). It screwed me that game since the Masons were stupid and assumed I was some sort of weird super-Mafia-Spy, but with intelligent players, you can end up with a LOT of confirmed town right off the bat. 2+ Masons + Spy is one of the best setups for town, if you ask me.

FalseTruth
May 28th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Cult is being delayed.

I think this would be a better alternative to cult, although that's just my opinion.