Register

User Tag List

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #901

2. ISO #902

Re: S-FM 193: Final Fantasy VII

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    It's called reading back.
    Sure, that's fine -- mind explaining to the rest of us why you think that way? It's not helpful to say "I think GameFreak is Town because I looked at his past posts" either. I feel like you are trying to be deliberately obtuse and unhelpful this game, lol.

3. ISO #903

4. ISO #904

5. ISO #905

6. ISO #906

7. ISO #907

8. ISO #908

9. ISO #909

10. ISO #910

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    One question, are people who get bussed informed?
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    It's possible but someone would need to reveal it before we can go along with that idea.
    There is nothing to indicate that bussed players are notified per the BD role card:

Palmer
    Target two players at night, switching their places which causes night actions that target one of the swapped players to be redirected to the other one.
    Your first named target will count as the first target.
    You may self target.

11. ISO #911

12. ISO #912

13. ISO #913

14. ISO #914

15. ISO #915

16. ISO #916

17. ISO #917

18. ISO #918

19. ISO #919

20. ISO #920

21. ISO #921

22. ISO #922

23. ISO #923

24. ISO #924

25. ISO #925

26. ISO #926

27. ISO #927

What does that have to be with my QUESTION?

And why are you start to town read him?
    Arrogance, Confidence, Pushing. All Pro town moves and tells. He isn't sitting back and buddying up whilst agreeing with everyone, he is taking the charge and doing shit.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

28. ISO #928

29. ISO #929

30. ISO #930

Hmm, Host should be allowed ping everyone in the opening post each day to let people know game started or day 2 started or something.

Anyway sorry for being off topic here.
    host can do that. its a ping. just dont be a plonker about it
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

31. ISO #931

32. ISO #932

Current Votes:

AIVION (4 [L-2]):
    Gyrlander (Mayor), DarknessB, powerofdeath
    BananaCucho (1 [L-5]):
    SuperJack

As a reminder, no one put AIVION to L-1 yet -- we're way too early in the day, and several players have yet to check in even. Quick hammering is anti-Town and this is the first day after a night so there could be feedback / other night leads as well.

33. ISO #933

Arrogance, Confidence, Pushing. All Pro town moves and tells. He isn't sitting back and buddying up whilst agreeing with everyone, he is taking the charge and doing shit.
    I was interested more about the Teamspeak is Engish but kk. Still, don't believe him. Being active is a good strat to hide your scumness But yeah, there are more important people to focus on now.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

34. ISO #934

I was interested more about the Teamspeak is Engish but kk. Still, don't believe him. Being active is a good strat to hide your scumness But yeah, there are more important people to focus on now.
    Dude it's your riddle. Solve it and you win a prize. But just tell me you solved it.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

35. ISO #935

You're correct that activity level shouldn't necessarily be correlated with likelihood of being Town. Scumhunting should be, however. Also, the more scum players participate, the more likely they will end up saying something wrong or contradicting themselves. Therefore, it's beneficial for everyone to participate actively so we have as many posts as possible to analyze. What we don't want is for lurking players to get a pass because they are lurking and we don't have enough to review from them -- that just makes for an incredibly unfun game.

36. ISO #936

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    You're correct that activity level shouldn't necessarily be correlated with likelihood of being Town. Scumhunting should be, however. Also, the more scum players participate, the more likely they will end up saying something wrong or contradicting themselves. Therefore, it's beneficial for everyone to participate actively so we have as many posts as possible to analyze. What we don't want is for lurking players to get a pass because they are lurking and we don't have enough to review from them -- that just makes for an incredibly unfun game.
    That reminds me that I wanted to tell you that piskoof has been being a PRO super sheeping guy. I love it when he random appears and votes the most voted player without saying anything. Only something shitty. It is really shocking.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

37. ISO #937

38. ISO #938

Im town reading saik0Shinigami
    and slight scum reading PoD

Calix is flip flopping its annoying
    Awwww... thanks pookie. I appreciate that nice read.

Anyway this shit doesn't help me at all. Nothing so far congeals with the shit I already knew. I need to know the other materia and if it was used. Anyone feel like claiming any abilities used?Not going to be bitchy if you don't, I wouldn't want to be a target either.

39. ISO #939

Quote Originally Posted by Saik0Shinigami View Post
    Awwww... thanks pookie. I appreciate that nice read.

Anyway this shit doesn't help me at all. Nothing so far congeals with the shit I already knew. I need to know the other materia and if it was used. Anyone feel like claiming any abilities used?Not going to be bitchy if you don't, I wouldn't want to be a target either.
    Oh i'll show why. Just been reading through day 1 and getting the posts.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

40. ISO #940

41. ISO #941

42. ISO #942

43. ISO #943

DarknessB is town:

The Entire game he is seen pushing the game further, trying to make quieter players contribute. He shows strong confidence in his status which tends to be a Town trait. This is why I consider him town along with a few of these quoted posts:

The Focus on Banana here that DarknessB did.
    DarknessB gave time and effort into reading Banana, and he reulted in a town/null read.
    A scum would never put this much effort into a IOS and then result it with a townie read without no scum read in it.

I'm ready. Most of Banana's posts were going after Gyrlander, you, or SuperJack. I got a little lazy at the end, but I'll post it just so everyone can see her threads in order.

Spoiler : BananaCucho ISO :

This is in response to my RVS vote on MattZed and is likely poking at MattZed's tradition of being lynched early in games. Not much to see here.

This is in response to Gyrlander's cryptic comment about his RVS vote not being random. I assume Gyrlander was trolling with that comment because he never explained what it meant. Banana seemed justified in raising this as a red flag early.

This is in response to Gyrlander voting pisskop after pisskop (jokingly) said he wasn't going to do anything. This doesn't catch me oddly given the red flag mentioned in #24 -- i.e. Gyrlander was presumably on her radar and was continuing to troll.

Refuses to give a further explanation of why she voted Gyrlander. Either irritation with him, laziness, or null, but doesn't register much eitehr way.

In response to MattZed's suggestion that pisskop and AIVION could be scum buddies. Banana / Toadette has been burned a lot by pre-flip associations which have turned out to be odd. Seems like a reasonable mention to me in terms of encouraging careful play.

Loses her quote list, but calls out Grylander on the shoddy read list (I agree with this), the fact that both Grylander and I didn't notice that she wasn't included in his reads list, and something else she forgot about. Point 1 was contribution with the rest being a bit fluffy.

Provides copy of votes for VCA purposes and comments that our votes are all over the place. Mildly helpful reference post.

#1 is a joke reference to a snarky post by HeadShrinker. #2 and #3 are commenting on Gyrlander pushing against POD (which she liked) and withdrawing the push / trying to bargain that the two not vote for each other. I agree that was extremely fishy of Gyrlander and this seems like a decent point to make.

#1 is agreeing with GameFreak on Town not needing to say they are Town (seems reasonable). #2 is commenting on Gyrlander acting survivalistic in terms of potentially advocating for a lurker policy lynch and saying scummy actions doesn't mean he's scum. Both reads seem reasonable.

Comments on the votes being spread out again -- fine.

Comments on it not mattering if we go after the Mafia or SK -- fine.

Expresses preference to go after Gyrlander over AIVION. This matched other players' views at the time given Gyrlander was making scummy statements while AIVION was trolling / RPing for the most part.

Pushes back against Gyrlander who was being very defensive in his post.

Calls out Gyrlander for not placing his vote anywhere.

Expresses concern ovre Gyrlander basically trying to bargain with AIVION to have them both remove their votes on each other. This was very scummy behavior by both Gyrlander and AIVION and was right to be called out.

Explains why non-voting can be a scum-tell in terms of avoiding controversy or enemies. Reasonable to me.

Negatively comments on Gyrlander's view that we have 29 hours let and can therefore wait. Makes sense in terms of not letting the clock run down.

Expresses surprise at SJ's sudden and unexplained townread of Gyrlander.

Comments on how weak Gyrlander's argument is -- i.e. saying he is trying to survive vs. establishing towncred.

Tries to provide clarity on SJ's comment, which was addressed at finding the SK (Sephiroth). On this point, interesting that SJ seemed more intent on finding the SK than the Mafia...

Points out Gyrlander's flailing and immediately focusing on me after SJ troll voted me for using red in a comment.

Comment on the limitations of meta in response to MattZed defense of AIVION for meta reasons.

Pushes back against MattZed for defending AIVION and reminding the Town that poor play is not alignment indicative either way. Agree with this.

Pushes back Gyrlander again in terms of his tendency to latch onto other people's targets that are not himself.

I completely agree with this excerpt of Banana's post. I don't think anyone tries to act scummy on purpose and get votes -- given there is no Jester in this setup. My guess is that Gyrlander was having fun given the Final Fantasy theme (much like AIVION), let it get away from him, made some careless posts, and then the train built up against him. SuperJack and MattZed interpreting his behavior in the most favorable way (i.e. it was planned scumminess to avoid a night kill!) seems beyond reasonable logic to me as well.

It would take an extremely seasoned player to be able to balance that type of gambit well and Gyrlander is very new to Forum Mafia. I think we were all correct for voting him based on his behavior which was very problematic: A weak read list without explanations, Corporation cheerleading RP replete with pompoms and all, attempting to bargain with multiple players to get them to drop their votes on him in exchange for him doing the same, focusing on game terminology as opposed to scumhunting, and then flailing when pushed later on today. It really wasn't good and to write it all off as some sort of a deliberate gambit is foolish to me.

That having been said, he's claimed and we need to move on, but the emphasis should be on scummy behavior. not low-hanging fruit, meta, or anything else.
    This post shows he is happy to engage with Banana, scum tend to distance themselves and never get this involved.

On that note, I'm starting the POD train given we need a new viable lynch candidate and his behavior has been very questionable today. I'd say it's either him or AIVION IMO.

-vote powerofdeath
    DarknessB is trying to start a new train. Pushing the game further, yet only one person joins him on this train. This suggest that scum did not wish to pressure PoD and that it was town trying to push this train.

Sure, I'd go with SJ over POD for now. The white knight play looks a little more dangerous / manipulative than just being lazy like POD

-vote SuperJack

The only vote that has legit reasoning to lynch me (Later post shows the shite train on me)
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

44. ISO #944

The fuck does this mean and why did you say correction... but not fix anything? teamseak and english

The shit am I missing here?
    Lol fuck it, them words are far to difficult to get right easier to abbreviate it.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

45. ISO #945

DarknessB is town:

DarknessB is trying to start a new train. Pushing the game further, yet only one person joins him on this train. This suggest that scum did not wish to pressure PoD and that it was town trying to push this train.

The only vote that has legit reasoning to lynch me (Later post shows the shite train on me)
    So does this insinuate that you also believe PoD to be scum?

46. ISO #946

47. ISO #947

Saik0Shinigami is town:

No, but lyching now removes an easy out for the night folk to remain relatively anonymous while still removing a townie if you are actually a townie.

I'll try to simplify what you mean to me right now

your hard-claim is true and verified: I can revote if I catch it before I go to sleep.
    your hard-claim is true, verified but I miss it in thread(sleep or whatever): you pm'd already and your safe anyway. So if I miss my time to change vote, no harm done, I'll have to apologize.
    Your hard-claim is false and your a townie: oops. but then everything you've been doing is really messed up and you kinda deserved it anyway
    You're gambiting a soft-claim to survive to night: you have golden opportunity to kill a townie then we lynch you next day. This option doesn't make sense to rely on at all since we have at least one apparent AFK player who could potentially be the mayor and can't counter your soft-claim if you're b/s-ing us.

What this means on data for me if you die at night as townie. No allies, only one vouch, almost everyone voted you or has had some negative say to you. I cannot determine who killed when everyone at one point wanted to. You have no strong ties to anyone so I cannot determine if anyone has direct relation to you.

Darkness made a good case in my mind that we shouldn't lynch the AFK(maybe?) player yet. So this is next option that has any feng shui with my information gathering.

So, once again. Once confirmed or I'm enlightened to a difference in how soft/hard claims work on this site, I have to keep the vote up. I will not be the person that fails to put you up for lynch if you're pulling our legs with the claim.

"Good point, I was partially acting scummy to avoid night kills too."
    avoid night kills? How does doing this avoid a night kills? Scum already know who you are so how does any action you take avoid killing you? If you are townie and you act like scum, then scum will keep you alive as cannon fodder because you're an easy target for the other townies when you blatantly act like scum.
    This post shows he is thinking way to much in what happens if Gyrlander is not who he says he is.
    Scum would be a lot quicker with believing Gyrlanders claim
    This a long with a lot of other thoughts and comments he has made shows that Shakira is thinking from a Towns PoV

Congrats Gyrlander. Hope there's no hard feelings and that my explanation at the very least made sense.

-vote Powerofdeath

Similar reasoning as Gyrlander before. Is next in my chain of unusefulness for nightkill. Doesn't help that they've chosen to vote me for no particular reason other than posting lulz. Also does help that they offer anything that isn't garbage posts.

Still waiting on something from Excalibur. We know he's been here, but he hasn't done literally anything. I'm curious on DarknessB thoughts on that. Still worth not auto-lynching him?
    Here he is seen being the only other person willing to push the PoD train further. If I'm right and PoD is scum, and the scum have been unwilling to jump on him then it shows that Shakira is town.

Excalibur comes, says he's here and then leaves again ..? Short But intense. Also, playing Hearthstone isn't an excuse for voting me and refusing to explain the vote. And I totally agree with MZ that your way of being has been slightly scum sided, as I mentioned in that shitty reads list you all remember. But I'm not sure about saik0 neither. I don't like that "night usefulness". I think you should vote bases on scum vibes, because if you die tonight you may not be able to use your " night kills leads" to find scum. And we can lose majority too soon, aa someone stated at the beggining of the game. I'll leave my vote on you while I'm taking this Language exam

-vote Saik0Shinigami
    ALL HAIL THE MAYOR

-vote Saik0Shinigami
    Quote Originally Posted by pisskop View Post
    -vote saik0Shinigami

This is acceptable. Excalibur is acceptable, somebody pushing a case for more than the last 4 pages; that push is acceptable

to boot saiko is beliw the line
    Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Some pretty decent points overall. Your first point is the most convincing one to me. Saiko's wording has pinged me a couple times, most notably in that incident when he came across as unsure of wherever he should unvote me. (he said that something scummier had to happen in order to 'allow' him to unvote) Considering that he kept his RVS vote on me before switching to you, this reinforces my idea that he's self-conscious about how his voting patterns look.

That comment about mislynches is the most damning, however; being that casual about a mislynch in this setup (going as far as to preemptively justify Gyrlander's mislynch) looks like scum who is trying to fabricate reasoning to join a wagon. Especially given how many times it's been repeated that we CANNOT afford many mislynches.

-vote Saik0Shinigami
    Above you have someone who I scum read powerofdeath, a sheep/spotlight avoider pisskop who is a slight scum read for me, and Calix who is flip flopping scumtown for me. (Along with the mayor)

Banana was not around at the time to join or comment on this train.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

48. ISO #948

49. ISO #949

Gamefreak is town
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFreak View Post
    Im in the pub but ill say this.

Gyr if you are scum you should be disappointed in yourself. If you are town i hope crypt doesnt allow you in the fm because this play is pathetic.

-vote Superjack
    Trying to start a train on me and was unsuccessful. Normally a town tell from a weak player.

Banana also has been giving me scumvibes but the problem is i have called Toadette scum D1 every game i'm pretty sure. So i never trust that feeling.
    That being said i will place my vote there and doing an Iso since our train has collapsed.

Sorry for the harsh words Gyr, i hope you take the message to heart and learn something from this game.
    SuperTPR should not put themselves in the spotlight D1. Others should be taking the bullets for them.

-vote BananaCucho
    Is all go for the Lynch on Banana who is scum

Mattzed claim so its over with

-vote Superjack
    Sticks to who he thinks is scum, although it goes directly against the current MattZed lynch.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

50. ISO #950