Can anyone help how 'Convert a disguiser (or any similar sub-mafia role) into Mafioso' is important
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Can anyone help how 'Convert a disguiser (or any similar sub-mafia role) into Mafioso' is important

I am new here so I do not know 100% about roles.

What is the difference between two games where one game has 'Convert to Mafioso' turned all for all Mafioso, and the other setting has it turned off for all Mafioso?

I thought, regardless of that setting, Mafias can still kill a person at night by using command '-target #number'. Right?
    What is the important of that setting?

I tried to search wiki, but I was unable to find a role about 'Mafioso', so I am asking here.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Can anyone help how 'Convert a disguiser (or any similar sub-mafia role) into Mafioso' is import

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    If it is turned on a role that the mafia has, such as Consort, will turn into a mafioso if there is no killing role available for the mafia.
    If it is off this does not happen.
    Can't mafias who do not have killing role can still kill players by using command '-target #' ?? I just feel like, turning into a mafioso is bad for mafia, because mafia lose one of special roles (such as disguise, or frame or anything)

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: Can anyone help how 'Convert a disguiser (or any similar sub-mafia role) into Mafioso' is import

Quote Originally Posted by s98986 View Post
    Can't mafias who do not have killing role can still kill players by using command '-target #' ?? I just feel like, turning into a mafioso is bad for mafia, because mafia lose one of special roles (such as disguise, or frame or anything)
    It's basically troll option. If Mafia doesn't have a killing role, they cannot kill.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    It's basically troll option. If Mafia doesn't have a killing role, they cannot kill.
    Don't Disguisers whom stay Disguisers remain as that until they use up their kill?
    Quote Originally Posted by MintBerry Crunch View Post
    I think the deadliest is Spy, he is next to you at night and you don't even know it, give him some piano wire and he is an assassin.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

not really a troll option... more like an anti-troll or anti-afk command

read this: SC2Mafia Wiki: -target command

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    not really a troll option... more like an anti-troll or anti-afk command

read this: SC2Mafia Wiki: -target command
    I was speaking of the option "Becomes Mafioso if alone" being a troll option as it can be used to prevent the Mafia from being able to kill.

11. ISO #11

I was speaking of the option "Becomes Mafioso if alone" being a troll option as it can be used to prevent the Mafia from being able to kill.
    ooh i misunderstood ^^; sorry

but yeah... i wish that option would disappear and be replaced with a "Opt-in" thing...

on the first night with no killing roles... all the mafia members get a chance to choose to become a mafioso... that should even be able to not change if they think it will help they're chances of wining
    no more random losing a mafia role that you would have liked to keep!

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Yea, or if the -target # would cause the person who did the -target to be sent for the kill, regardless of role. if two non-killings use it, it would be random'd between the two.
    yeah... but then why have a GF at all? 3 Consorts that can kill sound awesome... and how would we handle Detective feedback when a Consort both block someone and kill someone?

and the Mafioso would kinda be totally useless suddenly... one interesting idea i saw on Town of Salem is that Mafioso had the Consig's ability to become GF... that could maybe work for the Mafioso?

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    yeah... but then why have a GF at all? 3 Consorts that can kill sound awesome... and how would we handle Detective feedback when a Consort both block someone and kill someone?

and the Mafioso would kinda be totally useless suddenly... one interesting idea i saw on Town of Salem is that Mafioso had the Consig's ability to become GF... that could maybe work for the Mafioso?

No, they would give up their night action if they are the one sent for the kill.

And GF can be immune to detection, roleblock, and kills. That's way better than having an extra night action to choose from.

But in cases where you have a Mafioso being roleblocked, you could instead send another Mafia member to do the kill. I think situations like these would help. Mafia can give up a night action in order to successfully complete a kill. If Mafioso chooses someone to target, then it overrides all other Mafia's being sent for the kill, excluding GF.

Mafioso is, already, basically useless.