S-FM 202: Instant Mafia - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: S-FM 202: Instant Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    Looking at your posts after the FB interaction:

I didn't look as closely at this one originally, I'm actually liking it more now.

Aforementioned reads list to which I gave an objection.

Optimal game strategy discussion.

Answering my question.

I responded to this one already, also it's basically just turning my points in reverse on me as questions.

I already mentioned I liked the first part of this one, other two parts are ~ok as responses.

More on the bussing thing from game standpoint.

Fluffy.

I admit part of your point. Game is not long enough yet to make this a scum ping, though I do still maintain there's been a dip in post quality.

Out of curiosity, do you not really address Brendan v TDL because you think it's TvT?
    Yes my early impression is TvT with those two, with the while argument being a difference in strategy. I find nothing scummy about Brendan's stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spruance View Post
    Reads day 1 are never right...
    Did you miss the point of this game? It's an exercise to IMPROVE day 1 reads. Why even say this in a one day game? What's your game plan, a random lynch?
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

2. ISO #102

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    But why do it? As Fire said we're not looking for a pairing. One scum is enough. Don't look too much into associations because it'll bias your reads.

Scum bus with a purpose. Distancing so that when their partner flips scum they aren't associated, and town cred for pegging a scummy player. None of that is needed this game, so looking for a bussing association isn't going to yield much fruit.
    The only reason I brought it up is because I think that even though we only need ome lynch if we can't single out a target based on some mistake they have made personally. We might be able to single out the scum by their interactions with their partner. As far as I know they are the only people who know who each other are, so it makes sense that their playstyle/dynamic would be different from a normal townies who is in the dark.

3. ISO #103

If you're worried about it, why even risk it? If Brendan emerges as a viable lynch target, then it'd probably be pretty easy to tell from a quick skim of the thread and you can put it on later in the day, shouldn't take too much effort.

You're saying we have to be careful with our votes, but your vote doesn't seem to reflect that, plus it was the second vote on someone.
    The answer to your question is in the text you quoted. I placed my vote because I was not sure if I would be able to get on the next day(my internet is back now though so im fine.) Also the reason I voted brendan is because of him telling everyone to mass claim and not claiming himself, which you would know if you read my previous posts. Everyone is either null or townish to me so Im not going to place a vote on someone else just because no one has their vote on them yet. Brendan is the only one I think made a slight scum slip but i'm not to confident about that either. If the day progresses and he says somthing I like I will most likely unvote unless there is a better target.

4. ISO #104

You're pushing this bussing narrative pretty hard in a game where it's pretty useless, as mentioned by others. It's also your only real reasoning for who you think the scum team is, whereas TDL's vote on Brendan at least has some kind of justification. This argument you're putting forward is trying to cycle it in endless WIFOM - it's not constructive, even muddling town discussion a bit. Read someone for their own scumminess.

Is there anything you'd consider scummy about TDL and Brendan in their own right, since you believe they are a team?
    I already stated why I found brendan scummy. And im not sure about TDL but I find he's been jumping from target to target without much to go off of other than his read of brendan. So I wouldn't be suprised if he was "scumhunting" to gaim town cred. Banana might also be doing somethin similar sort off. The only one who I have as town for now is firebringer. Also im not saying that I think they are both scum just that it is a distinct possibility but none of you seem to even want to give that a chance. Im not trying to push it im just saying if im roght then exactly what they want to happen is happening. At this point do you have any guesses who the scum team might be? I think spruance has been acting quite strange but im going to wait for a bit more to go off of.

5. ISO #105

We're about seven hours away from the 24 hour mark. A little more participation from everyone would be nice and then we can start mass claiming soon
    We should try to get as many people online as possible when we make are claims so lurkers don't have time to make well thought up false claims based off of what everyone else has already claimed.

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    We should try to get as many people online as possible when we make are claims so lurkers don't have time to make well thought up false claims based off of what everyone else has already claimed.
    The best way to do something like that is to just set a time and @name everyone so they know the specific time. Not a terrible idea, but it won't give much info on lurkers as they could legitimately just have timezone issues or be faking said issues. Too many variables to be effective.

Slight town read for trying to come up with mechanics and whatnot though.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

7. ISO #107

:: Just waiting on those sheriff claims.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Too many people disagree with you for it to happen the way you want it to happen.
    Who disagrees with me?
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

10. ISO #110

We only have Day 1...

??????

Why do you keep trolling, deliberately preventing people from making reads, when you know this as demonstrated by you on the first page?
    It was a joke lmao... I honestly don't see how in a game of experienced players reads can be greater than a random guess until the roles are revealed...

11. ISO #111

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Who disagrees with me?
    Banna for instance. She wants to wait for a later time.

The sad thing is you have contributed nothing but "Let's get claims!" in a game that is pretty much guaranteed to have a mass claim early.

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

Banna for instance. She wants to wait for a later time.

The sad thing is you have contributed nothing but "Let's get claims!" in a game that is pretty much guaranteed to have a mass claim early.
    I think enough time has passed and we can claim now.

Do it one at a time pls

17. ISO #117

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    I'm claiming right now.

I'm sheriff and Brendan is town.

Stop voting him and focus on other targets, you're only wasting time @Eggy @TheDarkestLight
    Interesting.
    -unvote

Only time will tell if this is BS or not.

18. ISO #118

The interesting thing is how Brendan was so eager to get Sheriffs to claim and then the very first person to claim is a Sheriff and he JUST SO HAPPENS to have an innocent on Brendan.

Just something to think about so we don't go trusting them fully.

19. ISO #119

The interesting thing is how Brendan was so eager to get Sheriffs to claim and then the very first person to claim is a Sheriff and he JUST SO HAPPENS to have an innocent on Brendan.

Yeah.....but would scum be so dumb to make those easy connections?
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

For now let's get to the other claims. If multiple sheriff claims arise then we can take it into consideration.

Given that Brendan wasn't being scummy though the sheriff claim makes sense.

@Gyrlander pick who claims next please

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    If I were to host meta this shit game I would say we have no sheriff and gyrlander is saving his teammate and trying to ensure a win.
    That could be possible

We know this: if Crylander is scum, so is Brendan

If they were both scum why would Brendan ask for a sheriff to claim first instead of just doing it himself and clearing crylander?

Let's get out the rest if the claims and see how things go

Hurry up @TheDarkestLight

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

Weirdly enough I don't think Brendan is gyrlander ally though. Maybe gyrlander wanted to pocket Brendan to make his claim more believable?

Not sure.....
    Still a host meta argument. Please ISO him and post your thoughts if you are going to persue this at this time.

In the meantime we need more claims. Hurry up TDL

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

Poking looking at this game from a scum perspective there's a huge incentive to gambit because everything is a short run motivation. Usually you don't gambit because of long term ramifications but you have none of them here.

You only need gambit to work for one day in this. So claims like sheriff are 10x more likely from scum. I would also think sheriff would crumb his person first few posts they did and gyr didn't do that.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

I am a mason ands it's unlikely there's one, meaning that "four cleared" towns are extremely unlikely or this game has 1 mason 1 sheriff which is possible if not troll.
    One mason? If you are a mason and you say there is one mason that suggests that no one else is in your chat, yes?

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

There is no mason chat, read the setup.
    Mason: They share an active private chat but are not host confirmed to etchother

You should pick someone. There is a reason to this.
    Ok, I pick you then I guess.

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150