Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Day J

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Day J

Also, I think Frog made a mistake in shooting Agahnim with the blacksmith gun (totally knew he'd get it, by the way). I think his best target would've been Cluseau, who suspects him the most. Though Agahnim was a key town leader, and would've been a good kill earlier, at this point his support of Frog would've been invaluable, would likely have lead to a mislynch on Tut, essentially securing the victory.

Instead, he'll have to get a mislynch on Cluseau today, which could prove difficult. Though without Agahnim around, it may be easier. Frog has done well so far, I think she's got what it takes to pull it out, but I'm not sure that was the best choice. I guess we'll see.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by FM Wolverine View Post
    Also, I think Frog made a mistake in shooting Agahnim with the blacksmith gun (totally knew he'd get it, by the way). I think his best target would've been Cluseau, who suspects him the most. Though Agahnim was a key town leader, and would've been a good kill earlier, at this point his support of Frog would've been invaluable, would likely have lead to a mislynch on Tut, essentially securing the victory.

Instead, he'll have to get a mislynch on Cluseau today, which could prove difficult. Though without Agahnim around, it may be easier. Frog has done well so far, I think she's got what it takes to pull it out, but I'm not sure that was the best choice. I guess we'll see.
    I don't think frog got the gun. Agahnim has been calling frog a townie all game.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by FM Hungry View Post
    I don't think frog got the gun. Agahnim has been calling frog a townie all game.
    I'm 90% sure Frog got it. Ceasar never gave it to anyone twice (intentionally, I believe), which means the choice was between Gimli, Tut, or Frog. Tut is obviously ruled out for being scummy as hell, leaving Gimli or Frog. There is a small chance Gimli got it, but as Frog was clearly a much stronger player, my guess is that he got the gun.

Also, Yayap, while I do appreciate the subtle joke of the day's name, J being the 10th letter of the alphabet (thus representing day 10) while also being Michigan's middle initial, there's a chance it might not have been subtle enough...

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

And... my anger is gone... until I can flame Gimili in epilougue...

Anyway, is anyone impressed with this

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar
    PLEASE READ THIS AND GIVE YOUR OPINION!

Due to yesterday’s flips, here is the new first post list. (Btw, I missed a couple of players because I originally thought I might be wasting my time with this. However, if someone wants to fill in the blanks, please do.)

Greetings/Spammy first post
    Ceasar
    Robin Hood
    Yoda
    Master Chef
    Terminator
    Gandalf
    Jack Sparrow
    Indiana Jones
    Thrakhath
    Yosemite Sam
    Mr. T
    Cookie Monster
    Hungry
    Sherlock
    Animal
    Count-Von-Count
    Hamburglar
    Wile E Coyote
    Cluseau
    King Tut (Pretty much ever post has been spammy)
    Gimili

Rubber Duck
    Dracula

Borderline
    Bridge Keeper
    Arthur
    Cpt. Jack
    Obvious
    Agahnim

Watson

Non-introductory first posts
    Anubis
    Michigan J
    Wolverine
    SpongeBob
    Locutus
    Pinkie Pie

While I didn't ever vote SB, as the day progressed, I wanted to lynch SpongeBob more and more, partly due to how scummy his defence was, and partly because I wanted to see how valid this chart was. New statistics for chart are...

Category #1
    #Of Confirmed Towns: 18
    #Of Confirmed Scum: 2
    #Of Unknowns: 3
    Town to Mafia ratio: 9:1

%Of Confirmed Towns in Category: 78.3%
    %Of Confirmed Scum in Category: 33.3%
    %Of Unknowns in Category: 50.0%

Conclusion
    Town % is much higher then Scum %. Being in Category #1 = Town Tell.

Category #2
    #Of Confirmed Towns: 4
    #Of Confirmed Scum: 1
    #Of Unknowns: 1
    Town to Mafia ratio: 4:1

%Of Confirmed Towns in Category: 17.4%
    %Of Confirmed Scum in Category: 16.7%
    %Of Unknowns in Category: 16.7%

Conclusion

Town % and Scum % in Category 2 are extreamely similar. Being in Category 2 = Null Tell

Category #3
    #Of Confirmed Towns: 1
    #Of Confirmed Scum: 3
    #Of Unknowns: 2
    Town to Mafia ratio: 4:1

%Of Confirmed Towns in Category: 4.3%
    %Of Confirmed Scum in Category: 50.0%
    %Of Unknowns in Category: 33.3%

Conclusion
    Scum % of Category 3 is over 20 times that of Town. Being in Category 3 = HUGE Scumtell

Final Conclusion
    While only 50% of scum appear in Category #3 (which is still a lot), an absolutely miniscule 4.3% (1/23) of the town appeared there. The lesson we can learn from that is that while all scum don't necessarily appear in Category 3, if you do appear in Category 3, your statistical chances of being scum sky-rocket. Incidentally, TWO of the remaining unknowns appear in Category #3, and we are looking for TWO scum.

In short, as someone who strongly believes in statistics, I would be amazed if Frog and Wolverine are both town.

Lastly, for anyone who says basing scum-tells off of everyone’s first post is invalid; this is not based off of first posts. This is based off of statistical analysis.
    I filled it in with all missing roles, but I had the chart up for 2 days. Unfortunately, no one bothered to comment...

Let's see if town is cabable of reading.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by FM Ceasar View Post

I filled it in with all missing roles, but I had the chart up for 2 days. Unfortunately, no one bothered to comment...

I mean, on the one hand, goddamn that's accurate for this game. But on the other, Frog's right about sample size. You'd need to analyze a lot more FMs to apply this to any other games. Plus, even if this is true, it only requires a slight change to the metagame (everyone makes sure they say "hi" in their first post) before it is rendered useless.

But in the context of this game... Well done.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by FM Wolverine View Post
    I mean, on the one hand, goddamn that's accurate for this game. But on the other, Frog's right about sample size. You'd need to analyze a lot more FMs to apply this to any other games. Plus, even if this is true, it only requires a slight change to the metagame (everyone makes sure they say "hi" in their first post) before it is rendered useless.

But in the context of this game... Well done.
    Policy's change very much in this game. People will see what I wrote down and go "Okay, next time I'm scum I need to make sure not to make that scumtell"

This scumtell was meant to be used for this game alone. I doubt it will be effective in future games. However, I believe it was very effective in this game... if only people would listen to my important posts...

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Sigh. Frog is the only one alive who didn't vote for wolverine.
    That should be reason enough to lynch him.

Also he acts just like spongebob did. The lack of substance and his actual contribution to day chat which equals 0 are more than enough indicators to get him lynched. Besides, he never FoSd any scum, not even to cover up.
    But go lynch Cluseau who immediately voted all the scum, gj. Or Tut who's been a sheep all the time.

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by FM Hamburglar View Post
    Sigh. Frog is the only one alive who didn't vote for wolverine.
    That should be reason enough to lynch him.

Also he acts just like spongebob did. The lack of substance and his actual contribution to day chat which equals 0 are more than enough indicators to get him lynched. Besides, he never FoSd any scum, not even to cover up.
    But go lynch Cluseau who immediately voted all the scum, gj. Or Tut who's been a sheep all the time.
    Your right Frogs posts have no real substance towards scumhunting the actual scum.
    The reason I put Frog down as town was due to the massive amount of time she spent doing reads and giving voting tallys and reads into that.
    So far she is the only scum, aside from me, that I have ever seen ever doing that.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by FM Hamburglar View Post
    She is scum, like wolverine and spongebob scum yo.
    Too bad i died too early Although i did mention the vote things. Also, i believe frog misvoted twice on scum so far?
    Your reasons to lynch Wolverine sucks. Though I agree he seemed scummy.

And yes. Frog misvoted.

Slaol is digging his grave for tomorrow. clementine's gonna kill Gimli tonight.

Go Sherlock, friend of Watson!

30. ISO #30

Well, to make things interesting i propose a game:
    Sort of a graveyard scumhunt:

Try to figure out who i was before i got modkilled and then reinstated in this FM. (Yes, i played twice) I also told yayap that i missed the day i got modkilled literally by 1 minute (lol), but it was already too late to undo the modkill

Note: It said last post by FM GM 1 minute ago, which was the Day end post.

FML

so:

What was the current FM Hamburglars FM account before he got replaced?

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by FM Pinkie Pie View Post
    Your reasons to lynch Wolverine sucks. Though I agree he seemed scummy.

And yes. Frog misvoted.

Slaol is digging his grave for tomorrow. clementine's gonna kill Gimli tonight.

Go Sherlock, friend of Watson!
    the way he defended himself and purposefully left out my reason WHY i fosd him (yes i was bugged by the phrasing of his sentence, it indirectly implied that he was scum) made him look all the more scum.

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by FM Ceasar View Post

Nope. It listed me as scum

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

Quote Originally Posted by FM Agahnim View Post
    Your right Frogs posts have no real substance towards scumhunting the actual scum.
    The reason I put Frog down as town was due to the massive amount of time she spent doing reads and giving voting tallys and reads into that.
    So far she is the only scum, aside from me, that I have ever seen ever doing that.

Those aren't town tells. Those are scum tells...

49. ISO #49

Time spent on reads is a slight but not definite town tell, because if those reads are shared it helps the town more than it helps scum.

Posting tallies doesn't tell anything. Analysis of them can be a town or scumtell, depending on the context. Just pointing at votes and saying X is scum and Y is town (especially saying YOU are town because of it) is a scumtell.

Frog didn't actually know who the mafia were, so saying she was trying to obscure them by only ever finding evidence against townsmembers and not against people who flipped scum doesn't really fly. I think she was mostly playing as she would be playing if she were actually town, with a few exceptions. Such as that convenience vote vs Gandalf, which had very little explanation behind it. And being more present in the mid-game. Day 3-4-5 she mostly sat by watching the town go against itself while leaders like Agahnim were calling her confirmed town all too easily.

50. ISO #50