Role Suggestion: Sarah Kerrigan
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Role Suggestion: Sarah Kerrigan

Come up with a different name or something if you want. With a different name for Psi Emitter of course. The name is just a placeholder i suppose.

Alignment: Nuetral (Benign)

Description: Place Psi Emitter on one person at night, forcing everyone else in the game to swarm that person. Every person still alive in the game will use their night action ability (if possible) on your target. They will also be notified that they are being forced to target by a Psi Emitter (they will not know who). Your target will still be able to target who he wants. You can target yourself with this ability. Limited to one charge.

Win Condition: Be alive when the game is over (same as survivor). This role has the option to side with anyone (wins with anyone) at any time. Just have to survive to the end.

---

Options:

• Does not affect Mass Murderer
    • Limited to 2 charges
    • Limited to 3 charges
    Last edited by Portaloo; September 6th, 2014 at 09:19 AM.
    Hi there.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: Role Suggestion: Sarah Kerrigan

Its kind of op. I mean it takes over every player in the games night action multiple times and h
    gives the bg free kills. It would be benign as hell though
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

I really like this role. I don't see the ability as something to help him win as much as something to be like "you use your ability how we want or we'll **** you over with X strategy." or "we'll guarantee your safety with x strategy if you help us out." while the one playing the role has all the power to decide who to support and who to backstab.

I like these kinda roles a lot. I genuinely think we should add 3 or 4 of these kind of roles to the game and have a neutral chaos sub-group for this kinda crazy shit. These roles aren't only interesting in the strategy sense but make the game much more fun and appealing and crazy to outsiders. Which sounds more epic when explaining this game?:

"well we have serial killers that can attack people at night and jesters who actually want to be lynched which is pretty cool strategically."

"We have mother***ing Sarah Kerrigan who makes everyone visit one person no matter what and can screw you over instantly if you don't play your cards right."

Though I think he should have some level of control and not just make everyone visit the person. Cuz that results in weird things like everyone dying to vet and GF auto dying to BG exc.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Coast View Post
    It's an interesting concept, but as MisterL said if you somehow found the identity of the veteran the game could be over in one turn.
    the conditions of it happening severely limit the possibility of it happening:

all on the same exact night...

• kerrigan must know the vet's identity
    • kerrigan must use her one only charge on the vet
    • the vet must use one of his charges

and even then, only roles that are able to have a night target will be affected

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    Its kind of op. I mean it takes over every player in the games night action multiple times and h
    gives the bg free kills. It would be benign as hell though
    only gets 1 charge by default. but yeah if it would be implememnted, the "3 charges" option should probably be taken out. 2 charges still OP but might work balanced with some setups

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I really like this role. I don't see the ability as something to help him win as much as something to be like "you use your ability how we want or we'll **** you over with X strategy." or "we'll guarantee your safety with x strategy if you help us out." while the one playing the role has all the power to decide who to support and who to backstab.

I like these kinda roles a lot. I genuinely think we should add 3 or 4 of these kind of roles to the game and have a neutral chaos sub-group for this kinda crazy shit. These roles aren't only interesting in the strategy sense but make the game much more fun and appealing and crazy to outsiders. Which sounds more epic when explaining this game?:

"well we have serial killers that can attack people at night and jesters who actually want to be lynched which is pretty cool strategically."

"We have mother***ing Sarah Kerrigan who makes everyone visit one person no matter what and can screw you over instantly if you don't play your cards right."

Though I think he should have some level of control and not just make everyone visit the person. Cuz that results in weird things like everyone dying to vet and GF auto dying to BG exc.
    literally hit the nail on the head. this is exactly the philosophy behind the role
    Hi there.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    There is no goal. What is the point in this at all? Apart from going ape shit for a night. Every other Neutral role has a purpose. It seems you just want a Superpowered role.
    1. There is a goal. Use your ability as leverage to try to survive until the end. The win condition is not much different from that of a survivor or an executioner.

2. It's not superpowered. There are roles already in the game that have way more power.
    Hi there.

12. ISO #12