M-FM April Fools! [Game Thread] - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: M-FM April Fools! [Game Thread]

Maybe I read too much into his words, but I really do think he's scum. Do you admit that Iced has at least played in a scum-like way? Your post says that you think I'm overly pushing Iced with no basis, so I get voted. Even if you do think I'm pushing him too hard, what is your reason for voting me? Day 1 reads are hit or miss, but I offered one. Your response to lynch the person scum hunting is either a fascinating evil play or the play of a shit townie.

2. ISO #252

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Fury has a confident and assertive personality that compels me to agree with him, but when I look at the actual points he's making his confidence is not justified.

It makes the confidence seem manipulative.
    Bro, if you aren't able to tell I woke up really early and I was a little bit crazy last night if you know what I mean... so pardon me if I sound cranky but what kind of scum play is this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

3. ISO #253

However, it's completely reasonable for Iced to treat these claims completely differently. Fred's claim is an actual conversation-starter, and Fury's claim is a shitpost.
    Treating the claims differently at the surface level is totally justified. I never said it wasn't. I meant treating them different on a more subconscious level. Fred's claim (as you said) was a troll/conversation-starter. Iced automatically assumed his claim was legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Monopoly View Post
    If way too early to come to such conclusions, Fred may even have voted his ML without realising it.
    Still odd for you to reveal that now, and not later into the game, we haven't even heard from everyone here.
    He already thinks fred is ML.

4. ISO #254

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Even if you do think I'm pushing him too hard, what is your reason for voting me? Day 1 reads are hit or miss, but I offered one
    Bro, if you aren't able to tell I woke up really early and I was a little bit crazy last night if you know what I mean... so pardon me if I sound cranky but what kind of scum play is this.
    Someone agrees with me.

5. ISO #255

Treating the claims differently at the surface level is totally justified. I never said it wasn't. I meant treating them different on a more subconscious level. Fred's claim (as you said) was a troll/conversation-starter. Iced automatically assumed his claim was legitimate.

Ohhh Shit. Someone was caught with their pants down.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

6. ISO #256

Maybe I read too much into his words, but I really do think he's scum. Do you admit that Iced has at least played in a scum-like way? Your post says that you think I'm overly pushing Iced with no basis, so I get voted. Even if you do think I'm pushing him too hard, what is your reason for voting me? Day 1 reads are hit or miss, but I offered one. Your response to lynch the person scum hunting is either a fascinating evil play or the play of a shit townie.
    I agree his arguments were unfocused and his responses were unwholesome, but that doesn't make him scummy. You made it sound like he was deliberately pivoting to avoid points, when that's clearly not what was going on. You made it seem like he was "pandering" to Fred with some sly manipulation, when that's clearly not what was going on.

It's one thing to make reachy arguments to push discussion and such, but overstating an already-flimsy case this much crosses the line into misinforming people and trying to control the narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

7. ISO #257

So Stealth, why does that make Fury scum?

8. ISO #258

I agree his arguments were unfocused and his responses were unwholesome, but that doesn't make him scummy. You made it sound like he was deliberately pivoting to avoid points, when that's clearly not what was going on. You made it seem like he was "pandering" to Fred with some sly manipulation, when that's clearly not what was going on.

It's one thing to make reachy arguments to push discussion and such, but overstating an already-flimsy case this much crosses the line into misinforming people and trying to control the narrative.
    Are we reading the same posts? So his posts were fishy. We agree on that. Making a scum read off of a few posts on day 1 is incredibly difficult, right? Well, Marshall revealed and here we are now. So now what? How about we all hold each other's dicks and sing songs. Hm... Let's not. How about we scum hunt?

9. ISO #259

Look at the posts:

Now this ML claim from Fred is interesting, @Fred why did you feel the need to say that this early into the game ? Why didn't you want to let people claim of their own ?
    Still odd for you to reveal that now, and not later into the game, we haven't even heard from everyone here.
    If way too early to come to such conclusions, Fred may even have voted his ML without realising it.
    It's more likely he forgot to start these posts with "if you're ML", rather than "I presume you're ML because I'm scum and I know you're not a scum on my team making a weird gambit. However, I'm also going to throw shade you because I wanna look towny."

It's very common for people not to use the right grammar when describing hypotheticals here. It's not so common for scum to tell people they have informed town reads over and over while they throw shade on their informed town reads lol.

And bad slip-arguments are far less likely to generate good discussion. You're just causing chaos now >.<
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

10. ISO #260

So Stealth, why does that make Fury scum?
    As I said, it looks like he's using overconfidence to push fruitless trains and manipulate the narrative rather than scumhunt.

11. ISO #261

Are we reading the same posts? So his posts were fishy. We agree on that. Making a scum read off of a few posts on day 1 is incredibly difficult, right? Well, Marshall revealed and here we are now. So now what? How about we all hold each other's dicks and sing songs. Hm... Let's not. How about we scum hunt?
    You can go ahead and hold my metaphoric dick any time you want ;)

12. ISO #262

As I said, it looks like he's using overconfidence to push fruitless trains and manipulate the narrative rather than scumhunt.
    Well bro, you are missing one tiny thing that is making my vagina very tingly right now. You've been on a scum-team with him. Is that characteristic?

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

Yet again, you ignored my points and just responded with some bullshit pseudo-logic. Instead of explaining or defending, you now give some bullshit and then vote me.

What I'm saying is that your conclusion does not follow from your premise. Your argument is structured as follows:

Premise 1: I believe Fred's claim is troll
    Premise 2: No one else believes Fred's claim is troll
    Conclusion: You think I'm scum

How the fuck does that follow? Now, I'm willing to repost some of my points so others can easily read them. However, it's obvious that Iced is scum... I voted him earlier but changed to lynch PTB. I'm now putting my vote back on who I wanted to lynch prior to marshall reveal.
    -vote Iced_Monopoly
    What is your points exactly? I'm scummy for not dealing with both claims the same way? For pandering Fred? There's a reason as to why i chose to take Fred's claim seriously, it can easily be confirmed by asking the right Slaol.

Premise 1: I believe Fred's claim is troll
    Premise 2: No one else believes Fred's claim is troll
    Conclusion: You think I'm scum
    That's not why i'm scumreading you, why shouldn't Fred's claim be assumed to be legitimate?

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post681084

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post681096

Are the two relevant posts. He's inconsistent in the way he has handled claims and has reacted very poorly to when I pressured him.
    Show us exactly where the inconsistency is then, instead of just linking to your posts.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

15. ISO #265

16. ISO #266

It's more likely he forgot to start these posts with "if you're ML", rather than "I presume you're ML because I'm scum and I know you're not a scum on my team making a weird gambit. However, I'm also going to throw shade you because I wanna look towny."
    So you think that when players apparently slip in some ways we should just assume they meant something else?

17. ISO #267

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    Morning everyone. In my opinion, giving away your role on day 1 seems a bit fishy without a way to prove or confirm it. I mean, I don't agree with the day 1 Marshall reveal either, mostly because we don't yet have enough information to justify multiple lynches... but what do I know?
    Okay Sino, whose claim bothers you the most and why?

18. ISO #268

So you think that when players apparently slip in some ways we should just assume they meant something else?
    Not defending anyone persay, but often times that's exactly what happens. Failure to communicate one's intentions properly, or else your intentions being misinterpreted is fairly common in any given conversation. Why should a game like this be any different?

19. ISO #269

When we read people's posts, we should assume the most plausible interpretation. That's why I measured the plausibility he slipped against the plausibility he was lazy with stating hypotheticals.

Pls don't strawman me >.<

20. ISO #270

Sure. That's what I'm doing. His passiveness seems scummy, but your overall tone feels scummier, hence my vote lol.

21. ISO #271

Well Fury stated that his cult claim wasn't real, but whenever someone fake claims like that it makes me immediately suspicious. Like... 'I'll claim scum and then say just kidding' and somehow that's supposed to make us not think you're scum? I never understood the logic behind that. On the other hand, why would you reveal mason Day 1? What is the advantage there? Not saying Fred is lying, I'm just honestly curious.

22. ISO #272

If you find it suspicious, why aren't you doing something about it?

23. ISO #273

Re: M-FM April Fools! [Game Tread]

Quote Originally Posted by SIaol View Post
    Huh. Alright.
    Weird because I'm a Mason, and my Mason Leader is not Fred.
    By the way, aren't we gonna talk about this counterclaim?

I'm moving my vote to this Slaol (hoping i get the right one), we can deal with Fury later.

-vote SIaol

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I see on your name, SIaol, you're not SLaol.

-vote SIaol
    @Fred , how do you see which is which?
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    -vote Sino

24. ISO #274

FYI Iced, you aren't in charge so don't act like it.

Sino, I really do not like how indecisive you are. Why do you sound so wishy washy?

25. ISO #275

If you think it's odd then let me tell you something interesting, it's a hidden setup which means it could be almost anything from reverse mafia to an all citizen game. I'm sharing the knowledge of that there's a Mason Leader among us but not the information of if I am a sole mason or if there's more. It could also be WIFOM or a troll attempt if you're willing to doubt.

Here's a fun one, if the Mason Leader dies and I'm the last remaining Mason then I myself will become the Mason.
    Unlike other games, there's four of a same name. My Mason Leader could be any of the four and it's almost guaranteed that at least one or two of these Slaol clones are scum.
    Since there's four of them I'm not going to bother with the repercussions of revealing this fact that Slaol (one of them) is a Mason Leader.
    I'm lynching Fred until he either admits he lies and explains why, or he admits he hard claims and explains why.
    For as far as I see there is no good reason for his post.
    You're not a citizen, Mesk.
    Are you claiming Mason? With a Small?
    To which Slaol am I voting? One of the Slaol can confirm I am a member of the town.

Fred claimed mason, and claimed that one of the Slaols is also mason. But it's obviously not the real one because he didn't know fred was a mason. I also suspect mesk to be a mason b/c of Freds "you're not a citizen" claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

26. ISO #276

I'm moving my vote to this Slaol (hoping i get the right one), we can deal with Fury later.

-vote SIaol

1. You're not in charge.

2. Fred never claimed mason leader.

3. Apparently the slaols and fred might all be masons.
    Shut up cow.
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

27. ISO #277

FYI Iced, you aren't in charge so don't act like it.
    Thanks, I know, just pointing to a 1v1 worth looking at, especially because we still have 2 lynches.
    -vote Sino

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

So what do you make of the counterclaim?
    there was no counterclaim, learn to read.
    Shut up cow.

30. ISO #280

-vote SIaol

We have two lynches. We can deal with YouVS.Fury AND we can deal with SlaolVS.Fred

Let's deal with the standoff that has players who are actually present first, rather jumping from topic to topic.

31. ISO #281

We have two lynches. We can deal with YouVS.Fury AND we can deal with SlaolVS.Fred

Let's deal with the standoff that has players who are actually present first, rather jumping from topic to topic.
    THERE IS NO SLAOL VS FRED OMFG
    Shut up cow.

32. ISO #282

If you find it suspicious, why aren't you doing something about it?
    You mean like voting them? I mean if we're in a crunch for time they're probably the one I would vote at this point, but I was waiting to see if anyone else seemed more suspicious. It's not the post damning piece of evidence but it's the only thing that really jumps out at me at this point.

@Mesk514 I'm just worried about gang voting the wrong person. We're already down one town. I'd like to use all of our available time and hopefully hear from some of the quieter players.

33. ISO #283

MESK WILL END ALL UNCERTAINTY ABOUT HER CLAIM BECAUSE I AM CITIZEN AND NOT A MASON.

34. ISO #284

Quote Originally Posted by Trine View Post
    You're acting rude.

Ika isn't here any more, so there's no need to be rude. If you're in a bad mood, you should find a way to calm down OOG.

35. ISO #285

You mean like voting them? I mean if we're in a crunch for time they're probably the one I would vote at this point, but I was waiting to see if anyone else seemed more suspicious. It's not the post damning piece of evidence but it's the only thing that really jumps out at me at this point.

@Mesk514 I'm just worried about gang voting the wrong person. We're already down one town. I'd like to use all of our available time and hopefully hear from some of the quieter players.
    we have 2 more votes to get througfh.
    Shut up cow.

36. ISO #286

THERE IS NO SLAOL VS FRED OMFG
    Their claims contradict eachother, is what we mean.

37. ISO #287

Yeah, there was indeed no direct counterclaim, now could you tell me, if they were both Mason, would one vote the other?
    -vote Sino

38. ISO #288

Your last four posts are bad. Putting someone at L-8 does nothing.

Everyone read Sinos posts and tell me if you think his wishy washyness is justified because I don't think it is.

39. ISO #289

You're acting rude.

Ika isn't here any more, so there's no need to be rude. If you're in a bad mood, you should find a way to calm down OOG.
    I'm not in a bad mood, and I'm not being rude. I literally posted for you all of freds quotes. That show he NEVER claimed mason leader, and yet people are acting as if there is a 1v1. it's annoying.
    Shut up cow.

40. ISO #290

READ POST 275
    Shut up cow.

41. ISO #291

42. ISO #292

Your last four posts are bad. Putting someone at L-8 does nothing.

Everyone read Sinos posts and tell me if you think his wishy washyness is justified because I don't think it is.
    At least I'm posting. You asked a question, I'm attempting to answer it. You want me to just go quiet like so many of the other players currently flying under the radar?

43. ISO #293

I'm not in a bad mood, and I'm not being rude. I literally posted for you all of freds quotes. That show he NEVER claimed mason leader, and yet people are acting as if there is a 1v1. it's annoying.
    Slaol claimed ML and said Fred wasn't on his team. There can't be two mason teams, so the claims contradict eachother.

As a pretty snowflake with keen sensitivity, I can tell you "learn to read" is quite offensive :P

44. ISO #294

Their claims contradict eachother, is what we mean.
    No slaol said

"my ML is not Fred"
    Shut up cow.

45. ISO #295

Slaol claimed ML and said Fred wasn't on his team. There can't be two mason teams, so the claims contradict eachother.

As a pretty snowflake with keen sensitivity, I can tell you "learn to read" is quite offensive :P
    That's not what was said.
    Shut up cow.

46. ISO #296

Since there's four of them I'm not going to bother with the repercussions of revealing this fact that Slaol (one of them) is a Mason Leader.
    Huh. Alright.
    Weird because I'm a Mason, and my Mason Leader is not Fred.

This is what was said
    Shut up cow.

47. ISO #297

That's not what was said.
    Oh really? My bad. Anyway, I doubt he would vote Fred for being a mason-buddy rather than a mason-leader-buddy heh.

48. ISO #298

This is sad. You are waiting for other people to do somethin before you do it. And you are claiming that you voting means Quick hammer. Nah, not buying this.

-vote Sino

I suggest people read what Sino has said as of late.

49. ISO #299

Oh really? My bad. Anyway, I doubt he would vote Fred for being a mason-buddy rather than a mason-leader-buddy heh.
    it's day 1, and did you even check to make sure the right Sloal voted for him? Two different ones have posted in this thread already.

Fred himself didn't even say which one was his ML. We don't even know if Masons and other Masons can see each other on the role card or not.
    Shut up cow.

50. ISO #300