S-FM A Forum Mafia Spring Beginning - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM A Forum Mafia Spring Beginning

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwo View Post
    You do realise counter claiming a doc on day 1 is a very very bad idea. Also someone over your posts are a little over the top, but hey your a cool guy
    Is it? If they counter claim doc, one of them has to be mafia. If we lynch the doc, we 100% get mafia the next day. With only two mafia, isn't that good?

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

Covered it the early post on why I voted for Rachel.

Lynching Allijack gives us no information. And as such, Rachyl and yourself would be better people to lynch for information.
    Given Rachyl response. It would not be her. So If I was saying A or B, and B is no longer an option. A would be now the choice.

Now my original premise may just be incorrect on why I got to A and B in the first place. but if I'm following it, you are the choice of my vote.

Due note, I could easily be missing something, or my logic is incredible flawed. But if I don't think its allijack, then that means I think its someone else. Your the only person who had reasons to pick, though with Fury's latest posts, that may also be a factor that makes me need to rethink my current stand. WE had a lot of info gained in the past 2 hours that needs to be reflected on

4. ISO #154

Until Alijach actually says something I will not move my vote. Seeing as Rachyl is all but confirmed town now I find it fishy that he almost instinctually defended her. Screenplay is just too obvious and he plays like a cit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

5. ISO #155
    Rachyl

-unvote

-vote srceenplay

6. ISO #156

While I still suspect Alijach I think we're also completely overlooking TwentyTwo, Enoch, and to a lesser extent Varnic. The last two play extremely conservatively. TwentyTwo probably is still reading everything over.

I am not of the view that scum are always quiet and unassuming, but generally one of them will be. It makes sense for them to diversify their strategies. There are always two Sith, a master and an apprentice. The master gets involved whereas the apprentice watches silently and takes notes.

If Alijach is scum then his partner is probably someone who hasn't really gotten invlolved or accused anyone.
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

7. ISO #157
    Rachyl

Okay, so we need to figure out who is Darth Maul, and who is Palpatine then. TwentyTwo, Enoch, and Varnic please speak up

8. ISO #158

Quote Originally Posted by ccantman View Post
    I think you need to put it in a [vote] comands based on first post. That being said I see
    we can vote to skip. I think we should skip and let our invest do his job

-vote skip
    so new it hurts. Not a scum slip, but FU for wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alijach View Post
    Thanks for thinking a bit and not wanting to throw the game after 2 hours of starting. Anyways, I will keep my eye on srceenplay; I can't believe that mafia wants to tryhard that way.
    this guy doesn't play enough sc2 mafia. I love lynching randomly(or is it random?)

Right but since there are only 2 mafia, If we do random lynch, that meant that 3 towns didn't see this logic. But it does go the other way as well. No lynches also favor mafia. If town is constantly not doing anything, that also favors mafia as towns only way to win is lynching.

So as town we need to lynch, by I will stand by that Day 1, we can only do so much until sheriff get some information. (and then we need to hope the sherif can put known town/mafia with their words to figure out who is on which side, but that's in the future)
    This guy has to be new. He doesn't understand the concept of not relying on sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by srceenplay View Post
    That's a half lie. Town shouldn't lie.

You said you defended him because you thought he was town.
    You said you thought he was town because he asked questions and stuff.
    He hadn't asked any questions before you defended him.
    Fuck this logic. Town should lie more than mafia. It's called advance strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Rachyl View Post
    Nope its not me. And im claiming Doctor as of right now. So if you lose me you lose your doctor that simple. Also since all you guys want to point the finger at me then you may as well have the sheriff check me tonight. Because if you dont you lose your doctor.
    Who actually believes a doc claim N1 with a consort? This is just over the top. Maybe town?!? Whats even weirder is that she asks sheriff to check her before. So she obviously isn't doc and that would waste a check.
    I think Rachyl is a beyound stupid citizen trying to bait a consort, but the sheriff check is even more stupid.

9. ISO #159

Anyone that counter claims is Mafia. Also, anyone who doesnt unvote me right now is Mafia. And anyone that comes up against me is Mafia.
    Wow. I just can't stand this logic, its like she is trying really hard to hard claim doc or trying to get a real doc to reveal(which is a bad thing). If going to fake claim a role, then please do it correctly.

10. ISO #160

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwo View Post
    You do realise counter claiming a doc on day 1 is a very very bad idea. Also someone over your posts are a little over the top, but hey your a cool guy
    I want to retract this statement. After reading how she confirmed, I just want to lynch her for making poor judgment statements. Lynching her at this point in time isn't a good call.

11. ISO #161

I say we keep her alive for now, unless a countrrclaim is forthcoming. If she's still alive tomorrow THEN we lynch...

12. ISO #162

Quote Originally Posted by thedougler View Post
    While I still suspect Alijach I think we're also completely overlooking TwentyTwo, Enoch, and to a lesser extent Varnic. The last two play extremely conservatively. TwentyTwo probably is still reading everything over.

I am not of the view that scum are always quiet and unassuming, but generally one of them will be. It makes sense for them to diversify their strategies. There are always two Sith, a master and an apprentice. The master gets involved whereas the apprentice watches silently and takes notes.

If Alijach is scum then his partner is probably someone who hasn't really gotten invlolved or accused anyone.
    Sorry, I was travelling yesterday!

I already said my thought, I suspect srceenplay as a scum, but I want to know your reasons on why he is/isn't likely to be scum?

Also, @thedougler , I would appreciate if you can repeat the reasons why I'm most likely to be scum too, so I can try and defend myself? (and try to play my first game of forum mafia going past N1) The only evidence that can 100% confirm me is a sheriff investigation, but that will be a waste of a night, so no needs to do it, unless you think I'm like 200% mafia.

I agree with the statement that we are not checking the lurkers and we're poiting fingers at each other while we have 3 guys missing.

(Again, I'm really sorry if I wasn't playing yesterday, I was travelling and it took me all day. Thanks @Rachyl for defending me, and I really hope you survive tonight, claiming doctor is always bad :/ (many people will think that I'm threating him because he's doctor and "I'm Mafioso", right? fuck it.))

Okay, so we need to figure out who is Darth Maul, and who is Palpatine then. TwentyTwo, Enoch, and Varnic please speak up
    Too bad I don't get the reference, because I didn't watch StarWars. Another reason to lynch me

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

-unvote

16. ISO #166

Quote Originally Posted by Alijach View Post
    Sorry, I was travelling yesterday!

I already said my thought, I suspect srceenplay as a scum, but I want to know your reasons on why he is/isn't likely to be scum?

Also, @thedougler , I would appreciate if you can repeat the reasons why I'm most likely to be scum too, so I can try and defend myself? (and try to play my first game of forum mafia going past N1) The only evidence that can 100% confirm me is a sheriff investigation, but that will be a waste of a night, so no needs to do it, unless you think I'm like 200% mafia.

I agree with the statement that we are not checking the lurkers and we're poiting fingers at each other while we have 3 guys missing.

(Again, I'm really sorry if I wasn't playing yesterday, I was travelling and it took me all day. Thanks @Rachyl for defending me, and I really hope you survive tonight, claiming doctor is always bad :/ (many people will think that I'm threating him because he's doctor and "I'm Mafioso", right? fuck it.))

Too bad I don't get the reference, because I didn't watch StarWars. Another reason to lynch me
    It was a pressure vote to see how you and everyone else would react. If you got to L-2 I would have probably withdrawn unless you were really scummy looking.

On the other hand, I think if you were really town the scum would have bandwagoned with me, and you would have gotten to L-2 quite easily. You're definitely worth investigating. I'm about 30% sure you're not town. You're not worth voting today.

I still maintain we should lynch today, even if there's probably no time left to muster the required votes. Let's look at some really scummy statements from people who aren't Alijach:

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    i don't trust anyone you all sound like sadistic killers
    Quote Originally Posted by Varnic View Post
    I'm abstaining for the day. I'm not too keen on random lynch. Mathematically, we have a much higher chance of losing a gamble.
    @ Sheriff - you should probably check srceenplay or Rachyl tonight.
    These two seem the scummiest to me on further reflection. They haven't said a whole lot, and the little they have said has been scummy.

I would very much like to lynch Varnic today. If he flips mafia it'll put to rest the suspicion on Screenplay and Rachyl for good. He tried to waste the sheriff's time on Rachyl, and seeing as no one has countered Rachyl's claim that makes one more or less confirmed townie he has accused. He ostensibly isn't claiming sheriff, if he is trying to order the sheriff around. That means he is either citizen or mafia, and I lean toward the latter.

-vote Varnic

17. ISO #167
    Rachyl

-unvote

-vote Varnic

18. ISO #168

It was a pressure vote to see how you and everyone else would react. If you got to L-2 I would have probably withdrawn unless you were really scummy looking.

On the other hand, I think if you were really town the scum would have bandwagoned with me, and you would have gotten to L-2 quite easily. You're definitely worth investigating. I'm about 30% sure you're not town. You're not worth voting today.

I still maintain we should lynch today, even if there's probably no time left to muster the required votes. Let's look at some really scummy statements from people who aren't Alijach:

These two seem the scummiest to me on further reflection. They haven't said a whole lot, and the little they have said has been scummy.

I would very much like to lynch Varnic today. If he flips mafia it'll put to rest the suspicion on Screenplay and Rachyl for good. He tried to waste the sheriff's time on Rachyl, and seeing as no one has countered Rachyl's claim that makes one more or less confirmed townie he has accused. He ostensibly isn't claiming sheriff, if he is trying to order the sheriff around. That means he is either citizen or mafia, and I lean toward the latter.

-vote Varnic
    Maybe because scum aren't very active to follow your vote? who knows, remember that the 3 passive players look suspicious.
    As I said before, I will follow the train with enough evidence, plus we need to gather information with the lynch.

-vote Varnic

19. ISO #169

HutChooThreeFour. That train was fast. Marching to victory. I don't like it. It makes me want to vote Alijach. I'm going to come back to it. That may be my vote for today.

Is there a way to read all of an individuals post this game? Separate just those out and read them? I want to reread Ccantman's posts.

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

-vote Varnic
    Lol, oh yeah? last minute replacement comes in to point the finger at a guy using math and logic that favors town? Rachyl claimed Doc, which means she either made an extremely stupid decision to reveal (hopefully not), or is mafia. That's why I said Sheriff on her. Coupled with the fact that she was very insistent on the afk people talking makes me believe her mafia partner was one of the afkers (which would now you now).

I'm a useless shitizen, but based on the way you guys are talking and moving, I'm not abstaining anymore.

-vote thedougler

22. ISO #172

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

HutChooThreeFour. That train was fast. Marching to victory. I don't like it. It makes me want to vote Alijach. I'm going to come back to it. That may be my vote for today.

Is there a way to read all of an individuals post this game? Separate just those out and read them? I want to reread Ccantman's posts.
    The best way I've figured out of doing this is going to Ccantman's user profile, and under his activity click his name to see just his posts. Most if not all of his most recent posts on the site should be from the FM game. I know it's not perfect but if @SuperJack knows a better way please tell us.

25. ISO #175

Lol. I'm might be able to vote there.
    I want to reread first.

Can everyone please stop mass claiming. Your role is the only information mafia doesn't have about you. Stop helping mafia by giving them more information. Shit, it's not that complicated.
    I don't care if mafia knows I'm shitizen. The bulk of town can't do shit. You might as well call me stump, because if they hit me, the doc/sheriff live to fight another day.

Or maybe I'm sheriff/doc misdirecting Mafia not to hit me.

26. ISO #176

Lol, oh yeah? last minute replacement comes in to point the finger at a guy using math and logic that favors town? Rachyl claimed Doc, which means she either made an extremely stupid decision to reveal (hopefully not), or is mafia. That's why I said Sheriff on her. Coupled with the fact that she was very insistent on the afk people talking makes me believe her mafia partner was one of the afkers (which would now you now).

I'm a useless shitizen, but based on the way you guys are talking and moving, I'm not abstaining anymore.

-vote thedougler
    Your previous "go with the flow" tendencies and now your reactive voting just confirms you as scum. Your "math and logic" ignores the fact that town has more to lose by not lynching at all.

27. ISO #177

Lol. I'm might be able to vote there.
    I want to reread first.

Can everyone please stop mass claiming. Your role is the only information mafia doesn't have about you. Stop helping mafia by giving them more information. Shit, it's not that complicated.
    Seconding this. Rachyl was only at L-3 when she claimed doc IIRC. Sheriff, unless you are at L-2 or L-1 please don't claim.

Citizens can go on claiming citizen though. It's kind of the default claim no matter your role.

28. ISO #178

29. ISO #179

I mean, I kind of covered that. Obviously sheriff should claim or heavily imply that he is cit unless he has a lead or can save an inno by revealing himself.

30. ISO #180

The best way I've figured out of doing this is going to Ccantman's user profile, and under his activity click his name to see just his posts. Most if not all of his most recent posts on the site should be from the FM game. I know it's not perfect but if @SuperJack knows a better way please tell us.
    I use this link to help me out!

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/misc.p...posted&t=39528

Click on the number of posts to isolate a players posts!
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

31. ISO #181

Your previous "go with the flow" tendencies and now your reactive voting just confirms you as scum. Your "math and logic" ignores the fact that town has more to lose by not lynching at all.
    My previous "go with the flow" tendencies was before I had random, no lead votes on me. Now I'm suspicious of anyone who is suspicious of me and my logic so quickly, trying to control town rule with no lead or claim.

32. ISO #182

33. ISO #183

My previous "go with the flow" tendencies was before I had random, no lead votes on me. Now I'm suspicious of anyone who is suspicious of me and my logic so quickly, trying to control town rule with no lead or claim.
    In other words, you were happy to hide in the shadows and bide your time while everyone else applied pressure and took risks. Now that it comes back to bite you you're suddenly quite active.

And if you can explain to me how town has more to lose by not lynching, I'm all ears.
    Town only wins by lynching. There is no jailor, vigilante, or cavalry waiting in the wings to save us. Each no lynch is a wasted opportunity, and waiting on help from power roles who might die n1 (or more likely come up with no leads) would be foolish. The rules of SC2 mafia don't apply in FM and we have to rely on our own intuition more than anything else. A d2 sheriff lead would be nice, but by no means should we predicate our entire strategy around that possibility.

34. ISO #184
    Rachyl

Off with his head! Hes mafia!!!! The verdict is guilty!

35. ISO #185

Lmao Rachyl. Are you doc or executioner?

36. ISO #186
    Rachyl

Lmao Rachyl. Are you doc or executioner?
    lol im whatever you want me to be!

37. ISO #187

-vote Varnic
    I'm very confused on how you came to the logic on Varnic.

His statement to abstain was from a time where we (or at least I) thought not lynching day 1 and I was being vocal about that.

His statement to check Rachyl was before She claimed doctor.

Why are those statements making Varnic scummy?

Can't really comment on Enoch as he hasn't said much, and of his 4 posts, nothing much was said

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189
    Rachyl

I think we should ask Enoch for this views on everyone and see where he stands.

40. ISO #190

Though, perhaps lynching Enoch on the grounds that he isn't talking much isn't wise and going with the logical lynch based on the knowledge we have so far is better. For the remainder of day 1, it seems Rachyl is the only confirmed role. So, for the remainder of this day, she is the only one I won't consider voting. Also, Varnic please read my posts in regards to why lynching day 1 is correct. If he still stands by not lynching day 1, then I'm going to vote him as he's a useless town or scum.

41. ISO #191

Yes and the point being is that if he doesn't respond, then SJ should have replaced him. If he wasn't replaced, then does that indicate more heavily that he's scum? Perhaps that is metagaming too hard and I'm off-base.

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

Since Jack isn't around and I'm in charge of helping...

Rachyl unvoted and voted in the same post. It doesn't register the second vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

44. ISO #194

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Since Jack isn't around and I'm in charge of helping...

Rachyl unvoted and voted in the same post. It doesn't register the second vote.

I meant to say doesn't thedougler have Varnic's vote.

But I assume the quoted text's vote blocked that one as well?

So lesson, vote in seperate posts?

45. ISO #195
    Rachyl

-vote Varnic

46. ISO #196

I meant to say doesn't thedougler have Varnic's vote.

But I assume the quoted text's vote blocked that one as well?

So lesson, vote in seperate posts?
    You don't need to unvote to switch votes, you only unvote when you don't want to vote anyone.

The other vote did not count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

47. ISO #197

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    I agree that lynching Varnic would give us a good amount of information, so it seems logical to lynch him; however, I am extremely wary of Enoch. He's said nothing all game. Why wasn't he replaced? Unless he's scum and saying nothing is a strategy.
    With just over 7 hours left of d1 I think the odds we'll hear from Enoch again are slim. Tomorrow I want to press him hard, but today Varnic has proven himself sufficiently scummy and I think that's where we can and should rally the town for a lynch.

I'm very confused on how you came to the logic on Varnic.

His statement to abstain was from a time where we (or at least I) thought not lynching day 1 and I was being vocal about that.

His statement to check Rachyl was before She claimed doctor.

Why are those statements making Varnic scummy?

Can't really comment on Enoch as he hasn't said much, and of his 4 posts, nothing much was said
    At the point I called Varnic scum he was very quiet and had about as many posts as Enoch. Most of Varnic's posts have come after I voted him, which means he is a reactive and not proactive player (i.e. he cares more about proving his own innocence than hunting scum). One of his first posts is an attempt to guide the sheriff's actions in checking two players, which could cause a wary sheriff to overadjust in checking neither of them. Overall it's just an awkward move and doesn't help the sheriff or the town. He then said this:

I'm abstaining for the day. I'm not too keen on random lynch. Mathematically, we have a much higher chance of losing a gamble.
    He is playing it too safe for town. "Played it safe and never lynched anyone" is the epitaph every town that ever lost. No lynch is "random" in forum mafia, if only for the sheer possibilites and insights it opens up. Mislynches are bad, but they pave the way for our eventual victory. I'd much rather lynch a townie on day 1 (if only to find out who else voted him and what justifications they gave) then rely on sheriff all game.

If this setup were more like the typical SC2Mafia setup, with no cits, at least two investigatives, power roles everywhere, etc. then I would understand his mentality. We have a sheriff and a doc, that's it. This is classic party-style mafia if you've ever played it IRL. 90% of it is a shot in the dark and your best guess. You can't know if a claim is fake unless it is counterclaimed. And you can't know if that counterclaim is fake until you lynch. And 7/9 of us don't really have claims to make in the first place. If we can't take matters into our own hands then we will lose.

48. ISO #198
    Rachyl

What happens if nobody gets lynched n1? Does the person with the most votes get lynched? Or does everyone actually have to lynch someone for them to be lynched

49. ISO #199

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Yes and the point being is that if he doesn't respond, then SJ should have replaced him. If he wasn't replaced, then does that indicate more heavily that he's scum? Perhaps that is metagaming too hard and I'm off-base.
    This is a very good point lol. I almost feel it's unethical of us to notice. As it stands @Enoch and @TwentyTwo have a lot to answer for tomorrow. TwentyTwo might have some IRL situation that precludes him from posting much, seeing as he's a replacement. Enoch doesn't have that excuse.

That being said, Varnic is the scummiest person here by far. But we definitely aren't working with the full picture until Enoch and TwentyTwo start talking.

50. ISO #200

What happens if nobody gets lynched n1? Does the person with the most votes get lynched? Or does everyone actually have to lynch someone for them to be lynched
    It's >50% or no lynch at all.