User Tag List

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45
Results 2,201 to 2,238 of 2238
  1. ISO #2201

2. ISO #2202

3. ISO #2203

Re: S-FM 355: Nonstandard Roles 3

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    If we come up with a near total mechanical crunch I will get behind this and push for it. Otherwise I really do townread Oliver and would put him very low in the PoE for elimination.

Would rather have him vengeful target and have our ghost push an evil teacher paring on him after a side lynch without looking at the numbers. Haven’t really dug into it and I’m half in drunk mode now but that feels more optimal than a lynch especially if I set up a if/then scenario.

I have only been wrong about very small details in this game so far and I think our ghost will follow my lead.
    yeah i like that
    i dont wanna get lynched
    Praise the Lord!

4. ISO #2204

5. ISO #2205

Both Mafia players and Evil Teacher conceded the game to Town. Unfortunately going over the scenarios, I also deem it impossible for the Wild Card to win either. Helz/Martin was wild and it would be too hard for just those two to be last two alive.

Congratulations to Town and Ghost for achieving Victory!

Player List:
    1. Marshmallow Marshall - Sapling
    2. Mizery - Evil Teacher
    3. Cape90 - Evil Flower Child
    4. MartinGG99 - Soul Mate
    5. Scumbot5679 - Evil Cat Lady
    6. Auwt - Door Salesman
    7. Luka - Janitor
    8. bakermir - Teacher
    9. Helz - Bride
    10. Dark Magician - Sapling
    11. oliverz144 - Vengeful
    12. Huo Huo and Mr Tail - Grave Robber
    13. lilypetal - Sapling
    14. bwcPorscha - Wild Card
    15. Varcron - Ghost

Final Thoughts:

I want to say this: I had all three factions telling me repeatedly that this was too townsided(from scums) or too scumsided(from town). I went over this setup with Lumi for around 2 hours to make sure that it is balanced as possible. Lumi preferred this to be 3v10v2. I ultimately went with 3v9v3.

Reasons why Mafia lost: Despite being generally townread, they lost due to mechs. They were horrible with their night actions. Their mafia chat was the most inactive I’ve seen and I’ve hosted a few times. Barely any thoughts go into their roles and communication with each others. I would also say this: They were also very unlucky Night 1.
    They used Janitor that night, but mafia kill hit Mizery who was immune. Mizery failed to kill two people. And the lynch also failed because of Evil Flower Child. What potentially was 4 people being cleaned, resulted in 0.
    Reason Evil Teacher lost: They were scumread quite early, which resulted in a red check from 2 players and ghost immediately figuring them out. Killing Ghost was quite bad for them.
    Reason why Wild Card Lost: The bounty on Helz was smart on their part, but they shouldve claimed during Day 3 24 hours before being lynched, but I think they mentioned they wanted to wait until day 4 to step in. Well it was too late as they got lynched last second, which was quite surprising to me.

Reasons town won: They got a lot of help from neutrals. Ghost controlling the neutral killer, Wild Card giving town’s IC night immunity. I feel like if things gone slightly different with night actions, town wouldve potentially lost due to mislynching on Baker, Dark Magician killing themselves. Ever since DM became a tree, town was always 1 mislynch away from losing majority. Lynching Wild Card and ghost killing Mafia instead of town helped.

I know this game might be mixed feeling for some of you. Some of you had a blast, others was very frustrated and I apologize. This was fun to host and thank you all for playing! I will be giving you all access to Spec/Spoilers chat soon.

What I wouldve done this differently: Make it less reliant on roles and more on reads.

Last edited by powerofdeath; December 1st, 2023 at 01:23 PM.

6. ISO #2206

7. ISO #2207

8. ISO #2208

9. ISO #2209

I do think that Ghost is perhaps not a fun role to play against as neutral though. That probably should've been considered for longer. You can't shut down a whole mafia or town team as ghost. But you can shut down a whole neutral faction which just seems unfair.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

10. ISO #2210

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I do think that Ghost is perhaps not a fun role to play against as neutral though. That probably should've been considered for longer. You can't shut down a whole mafia or town team as ghost. But you can shut down a whole neutral faction which just seems unfair.
    Hindsight is 20/20. A lot of roles working in a way I didnt expect for them to work that way this game. Not just ghost.

11. ISO #2211

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20. A lot of roles working in a way I didnt expect for them to work that way this game. Not just ghost.
    Yeah. Also to be clear I'm not blaming just you, part of the blame lies on myself as well. I had a fair hand in scrutinizing each of the roles (in setup review) and I feel like I should've spotted that about the ghost thing. But, as you say, hindsight is 20/20.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 1st, 2023 at 01:29 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

12. ISO #2212

@oliverz144

idk if you're planning to stick around but if I happen to be running a setup again in the future you should be free to join it

I can't even remember how long its been the way where I wasn't having you in my games, but its been long enough and you seemed to be genuinely engaged playing this and I really appreciate that
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

13. ISO #2213

14. ISO #2214

Honestly maybe it wouldn't be so bad that, if we make another "nonstandard roles" setup, that in the first run of it we make it clear that its a trial run or whatever. Its much easier to find mistakes and potential issues when running a game than when its on the whiteboard and hasn't been run yet. Having people be mindful of it not being fully tested might make for a better experience.

Just a thought I'm throwing out there.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

15. ISO #2215

Both Mafia players and Evil Teacher conceded the game to Town. Unfortunately going over the scenarios, I also deem it impossible for the Wild Card to win either. Helz/Martin was wild and it would be too hard for just those two to be last two alive.

Player List:
    2. Mizery - Evil Teacher
    6. Auwt - Door Salesman
    7. Luka - Janitor
    8. bakermir - Teacher
    9. Helz - Bride
    13. lilypetal - Sapling
    15. Varcron - Ghost

Final Thoughts:

I want to say this: I had all three factions telling me repeatedly that this was too townsided(from scums) or too scumsided(from town). I went over this setup with Lumi for around 2 hours to make sure that it is balanced as possible. Lumi preferred this to be 3v10v2. I ultimately went with 3v9v3.

Reasons why Mafia lost: Despite being generally townread, they lost due to mechs. They were horrible with their night actions. Their mafia chat was the most inactive I’ve seen and I’ve hosted a few times. Barely any thoughts go into their roles and communication with each others. I would also say this: They were also very unlucky Night 1.
    They used Janitor that night, but mafia kill hit Mizery who was immune. Mizery failed to kill two people. And the lynch also failed because of Evil Flower Child. What potentially was 4 people being cleaned, resulted in 0.
    Reason Evil Teacher lost: They were scumread quite early, which resulted in a red check from 2 players and ghost immediately figuring them out. Killing Ghost was quite bad for them.
    Reason why Wild Card Lost: The bounty on Helz was smart on their part, but they shouldve claimed during Day 3 24 hours before being lynched, but I think they mentioned they wanted to wait until day 4 to step in. Well it was too late as they got lynched last second, which was quite surprising to me.

Reasons town won: They got a lot of help from neutrals. Ghost controlling the neutral killer, Wild Card giving town’s IC night immunity. I feel like if things gone slightly different with night actions, town wouldve potentially lost due to mislynching on Baker, Dark Magician killing themselves. Ever since DM became a tree, town was always 1 mislynch away from losing majority. Lynching Wild Card and ghost killing Mafia instead of town helped.

I know this game might be mixed feeling for some of you. Some of you had a blast, others was very frustrated and I apologize. This was fun to host and thank you all for playing! I will be giving you all access to Spec/Spoilers chat soon.

What I wouldve done this differently: Make it less reliant on roles and more on reads.

If anybody is saying this setup is to s!sided they haven’t read the roles

16. ISO #2216

17. ISO #2217

Player List:
    2. Mizery - Evil Teacher
    6. Auwt - Door Salesman
    7. Luka - Janitor
    8. bakermir - Teacher
    9. Helz - Bride
    13. lilypetal - Sapling
    15. Varcron - Ghost

Final Thoughts:

GG!
    Praise the Lord!

18. ISO #2218

@oliverz144

idk if you're planning to stick around but if I happen to be running a setup again in the future you should be free to join it

I can't even remember how long its been the way where I wasn't having you in my games, but its been long enough and you seemed to be genuinely engaged playing this and I really appreciate that
    Thank you. Im glad i am no longer a negative impact <3.

Im happy to play sometime again! Lets see what the future brings!
    Praise the Lord!

19. ISO #2219

20. ISO #2220

21. ISO #2221

Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    Hey, im sorry for D1, i kinda was really in a "gotcha" moment, and you didnt really fight back...
    “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

something something bible verse name number

22. ISO #2222

23. ISO #2223

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Yeah "evil teacher lost because they got scumread and then hit ghost"

Literally shut up
    Yeah it was more like:
    Mizery was caught wrongly as they were paired with a mafia and they weren’t even mafia.
    Unlucky.
    Then they hit Ghost.
    Unlucky.

It happens friend, there are games that are like that, the best thing to do is just look forward to the next game that’ll be better.
    Again, I am sorry if I upset you this game and that I was way too hard on you being the mafia when you weren’t.

24. ISO #2224

25. ISO #2225

I think a decent rule of thumb is mountainous is scumsided while role madness is townsided so the goal is to put it somewhere in between. Balance is subjective but I believe that role madness can rarely be balanced simply b/c town has a disproportionate amount of power. In this game, scum had a 1x janitor which isn't super helpful in a way, a conditional roleblock/rolecop (and I don't even get to decide how it's used), and a delayed lynch.

I also think open/semi-open setups are town sided as well. Even though "montianess is scumsided" I can certainly understand that it's still winable by town. I've long postulated mafia (this game) is just "pro-town" since giving town a majority is somewhat hard to overcome. I mean certainly, if the town is full of new/bad players scum could walk all over them but I think most town are fairly competent so a simple majority is just not favorable for scum.

Part of me didn't want to say anything since it might be kinda rude but it got brought up and so I want to adress it. I feel like the lack of scum talk wasn't really my fault. I came in n1 and asked who they wanted to kill and then no one talked about it and luka and cape just weren't participating so I just sort of gave up. Maybe thats bad leadership on my part and I should have just relentlessly tried to get them to talk about who we should kill and who to cat etc.

We did get pretty unlucky with the n1 no kill so I think you are probs right that scum lost mostly to mechanics/bad luck but we didn't utilize one of our biggest strengths: that being planning and strategizing. Had we, I'm not sure if it would have put us over the edge or anything but if we had made better use of our actions if might have felt closer at least.

I think that teacher/backup (though the backup getting the teach role was mostly luck)/soul mate combo just made it a follow the cop game.
    Last edited by scumbot5679; December 1st, 2023 at 05:08 PM.

26. ISO #2226

27. ISO #2227

28. ISO #2228

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    It’s scum sided due to there being 3 Saplings which are arguably bad roles for toen.
    maybe but no one is forcing them to become deathproof. They are only "bad" if you guys mass tree'd so I think I sorta agree with POD when he says that saplings are kinda like vts. My sense of "balance" is if we are equating saplings to vts there'd be 5 (or 6 in lumis setup) but I think the chance that town just mass tree would have been slim to begin with. I think POD and Martin would say that the reason that there were only 3 "vts" is b/c they were balancing the 3rd parties and I guess, I'm not suggesting that im a mechanic pro or anything and as I said b4, "balance is subjective".

no way this was scum sided set up though. You could maybe argue it wasn't as townsided as I feel it was or that I'm just being salty that I lost but I legit don't think you could objectively say this was balanced though I guess its possible that I could just be looking at it from the POV of role madness and open/semi open setups being town sided (and yeah there prob is a trickle od salt)

29. ISO #2229

In a world where youre trying to get a "33% chance of mafia win, 33% chance of evil teacher win, and 33% chance of town win" setup, its gonna feel like every factions is in a losing position from their perspective.

If everyone join the game where they all have 33% chance to win, then everyone will say "thats not fair", but it is balanced.
    Last edited by powerofdeath; December 1st, 2023 at 07:58 PM.

30. ISO #2230

Yeaaaaah, we should've picked up on the fact ghost haunting an evil neutral forever might not be super fun lol... sorry for that. That said, I still had a ton of fun ^^ I hope everyone did as well; the game looks like it was mostly enjoyed, except for that kinda sad ending.

Also, I'm a little disappointed that literally the entire scum team was as simple as LITERALLY ALL THE LURKERS (minus Lily). That's quite rare lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

31. ISO #2231

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Yeaaaaah, we should've picked up on the fact ghost haunting an evil neutral forever might not be super fun lol... sorry for that. That said, I still had a ton of fun ^^ I hope everyone did as well; the game looks like it was mostly enjoyed, except for that kinda sad ending.

Also, I'm a little disappointed that literally the entire scum team was as simple as LITERALLY ALL THE LURKERS (minus Lily). That's quite rare lol.
    I think that was just an unfortunate situation that in reality wouldn't happen in 90% of games if not more. We just happened to get the version where it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

32. ISO #2232

Overall though I enjoyed this game, had quite a few new refreshing mechanics I haven't seen in a bit so thanks for hosting it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

33. ISO #2233

Might as well re-post from the discord into here:

Hey all! We currently don't have any approved games in the queue, so if anybody was thinking of hosting anything let me know. Otherwise, in about a week or two I'll end up making my own signups for something. Not sure what it'll be, so if you have any specific desires for a certain kind of game let me know, but I will have something figured out by then.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

34. ISO #2234

idk who to propose for the MVP. its very close..

@Huo Huo and Mr Tail
    Rem you made the game very enjoyable. impressive leadership this game. btw well done on bamboozling me and bad witch chick.. we were pulling our hairs!!

@Varcron well done good sir, your death and decisions kept town moving forward to victory. you baited the kill and if that didn't happen you would probably get voted out so wpwp

@Luka i really liked how you snowed people this time, well played good sir. i don't know what happened in mafia chat but the poor decision on nightkills is what costed you the game.

@scumbot5679 your early wolf game improved a lot since your last game. i think you voting oliver later in the game was the similar open wolfing mistake you displayed on our previous game. as for what you posted earlier, randing wolf requires a lot of effort when it comes to organization of things. this is something I force when playing on MU, i refuse to join discord and instead i would request my team to post on the private thread. this is partially a discord issue but yeah it is still manageable, if no one is posting/responding on discord and you have no private thread available then dont be afraid of taking the ropes

@Mizery unlucky wcyd

@Dark Magician you were almost perfect with reading people correctly and I wouldn't expect any less of you. it is classic DM. only problem was you using your sapling right away. that could have costed town the game as it brings mafia one more step closer to victory. try not to panic when people don't listen to you, trust me people might look like they don't pay attention to you, but in reality they do. it is just, people need time and confidence before making a move. they might also have reasons to hide their intentions and that is NAI, it is more related to the rolecard they receive. I hope you keep that as a reminder in future games

gg wp to everyone else. it was super fun to watch you guys play especially martin helz and mm all randing town

p.s @Lilypetal goated

35. ISO #2235

36. ISO #2236

This include bounty hunter being impossible to win unless it was on Lylo. Werewolves with Deathproof Trees, etc.
    Something I found particularly interesting was how BH's win con was further leveraged by the other roles. Multiple functions existed in the game which limited towns ability to lynch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    It’s scum sided due to there being 3 Saplings which are arguably bad roles for toen.
    I felt like a few town roles could have easily hurt the town more than helped. My Bride ability increases the KPN, soul mate can increase the kpn, Flower child further inhibits lynching, sapling decreases towns ability to lynch and judge risks suicide while inhibiting lynching.

I had fun playing. Never truly got to throw myself fully into it and power town but came across some interesting situations. Its not often I end up arguing against lynching a confirmed mafia in favor of tossing the dice on an inactive player.

@powerofdeath
    Was I correct that the ghost was killed by mafia or was it killed by the teacher?
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

37. ISO #2237

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I think that was just an unfortunate situation that in reality wouldn't happen in 90% of games if not more. We just happened to get the version where it did.
    100 % agreed. It's easily fixable, though, hence my mention of it in case we rerun the setup eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Overall though I enjoyed this game, had quite a few new refreshing mechanics I haven't seen in a bit so thanks for hosting it!
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

38. ISO #2238

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Something I found particularly interesting was how BH's win con was further leveraged by the other roles. Multiple functions existed in the game which limited towns ability to lynch.

I felt like a few town roles could have easily hurt the town more than helped. My Bride ability increases the KPN, soul mate can increase the kpn, Flower child further inhibits lynching, sapling decreases towns ability to lynch and judge risks suicide while inhibiting lynching.

I had fun playing. Never truly got to throw myself fully into it and power town but came across some interesting situations. Its not often I end up arguing against lynching a confirmed mafia in favor of tossing the dice on an inactive player.

@powerofdeath
    Was I correct that the ghost was killed by mafia or was it killed by the teacher?
    It was by evil teacher. Varcron found evil teacher immediately and planned on haunting Mizery 24/7 so they had no chance