Who is buying Total War: Rome II first day?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Re: Who is buying Total War: Rome II first day?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Red View Post
    Fuck that, galciv is where it's at
    Ships shoot at eachother, ships blow up if they take too much damage. Did I just describe the combat of the game?

Total War series:

-Unit morale in relation to battle progress/being flanked/being surrounded/taking losses
    -Units face exhaustion
    -Rock-Paper-Scissors becomes Spearmen-Cavalry-Swordsmen
    -Chasing/cutting down retreating soldiers, and executing them all afterwards

It goes on and on. Btw Bruno, I have since found another position and I start in a week and a half.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Red View Post
    Lol you fucking retard, it's a strategy game, which means there's more to it than just combat. Unfortunately as you are a nigger you cannot comprehend why this is important
    Well dude, it's very rare that players in TW games ever click on "auto-resolve battle", which just does a massive math calculation to determine who wins. Most of the time, they want to play in the battle. There will be state-building elements on the map and such, but it's the battles that make you see the near-reality of the "meat grinder" combat of the day.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11
    Wizard Of blizzard

I love necro and all mods

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Reviews of TW progress:

1) Medieval 2 Total War can be fun if you download AI bugfixes, which the base game is full of. The bugs make sieges much easier, however, since the enemy units regain morale when they're run away far enough, then change their minds and go "SACK THIS CITY!!!", then get to the town square and shit their pants and run again lol. Or how sometimes the cavalry units wouldn't run down retreating soldiers but would merely walk beside them. It goes on and on, but I remember when I bought it thinking "Wow, this is so realistic!"

2) Empire Total War was an extreme game in my opinion. The tutorials really sucked and you had to access online tutorials to actually explain where the trade theatres were. Indian tribes in Upper Canada completely destroying the British Army HAH, didn't happen in real life! Also city battles sucked as they weren't shown as cities on the battle map, but as villages.

3) Shogun 2 Total War: didn't buy it was we weren't asking for another Shogun. A game where pretty much each faction has the same-looking units, kind of hard to fall in love with one or the other.

Now we have Rome 2. So many features being added including sub-factions for each civilization, naval units fighting in coastal sieges/landings, and more animations for each individual soldier. Plus they just showed an imagine of Pontus and their cavalry looks badass.

Not sure which was the ideal civilization back then, however, as the Romans were fond of scourging people to death including Vestal Virgins. Then again, my homeland of Britannia, were into human sacrifices. One could argue that the Greeks were the most enlightened civilization at the time.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

TW? I'm godly at that game sir.

I always seem to play the same factions every game though, no matter how hard I try, saying "I'll play something different".

Medieval: Byzantine Empire
    Rome: Carthage
    Shogun: I actually never got this one, it seemed like everything was to similar.
    Empire: I heard this got a lot of bad reviews, so I never actually tried it.

I'll probably still play Carthage in Rome II...
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Reviews of TW progress:

1) Medieval 2 Total War can be fun if you download AI bugfixes, which the base game is full of. The bugs make sieges much easier, however, since the enemy units regain morale when they're run away far enough, then change their minds and go "SACK THIS CITY!!!", then get to the town square and shit their pants and run again lol. Or how sometimes the cavalry units wouldn't run down retreating soldiers but would merely walk beside them. It goes on and on, but I remember when I bought it thinking "Wow, this is so realistic!"

2) Empire Total War was an extreme game in my opinion. The tutorials really sucked and you had to access online tutorials to actually explain where the trade theatres were. Indian tribes in Upper Canada completely destroying the British Army HAH, didn't happen in real life! Also city battles sucked as they weren't shown as cities on the battle map, but as villages.

3) Shogun 2 Total War: didn't buy it was we weren't asking for another Shogun. A game where pretty much each faction has the same-looking units, kind of hard to fall in love with one or the other.

Now we have Rome 2. So many features being added including sub-factions for each civilization, naval units fighting in coastal sieges/landings, and more animations for each individual soldier. Plus they just showed an imagine of Pontus and their cavalry looks badass.

Not sure which was the ideal civilization back then, however, as the Romans were fond of scourging people to death including Vestal Virgins. Then again, my homeland of Britannia, were into human sacrifices. One could argue that the Greeks were the most enlightened civilization at the time.
    didnt realise TW series started with medieval 2. guess my memories of playing shogun/medieval/rome TW are all fake

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by FYRE View Post
    didnt realise TW series started with medieval 2. guess my memories of playing shogun/medieval/rome TW are all fake
    In my opinion, Medieval 2 is when it started getting good. But you're right, I missed a few in my analysis.

Rome 2 didn't make the same mistake EA did with Battlefield 4: putting Rihanna music in the gameplay trailer.