S-FM 217: Masquerade Madness - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM Masquerade Madness

Well in the meantime I was bored enough to look over Orange's posts again. Honestly I could ramble on for days about how scummy they are but I will just talk about the double OMGUS since people are treating that as if it's NAI...for some fucking reason.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Orange Masquerader View Post
    I'm going to cause an OMGUS however, I'm in disagreement of this player and I feel they're trying to pin me down. Hurrah for game progression.

-vote S-FM Red Masquerader
    He doesn't have any substantial reasoning for me being scum. This is obvious when I press him for reasoning and he gives a 'muddled explanation' at best. (if I am being generous) Bear in mind that this is his first actual read that he's given...and it's something that's in response to someone pushing him. This isn't indicative of town - town are proactive and he is reactive. Does he just expect to sit around and wait for the scum to come to him? Because that is what he is doing.

It's possible that Orange is flustered town who reacts poorly to pressure. However I do not get that vibe from how he OMGUSes me. He sounds very calm and aware of what he's doing - that is, trying to remove someone who suspects him. Thus I think the scum motivation for this vote overrides the town explanation.

This instantly makes you scummier than red.

You stated that you no longer care about if I am town or scum, which in itself gives a grey/gray morality of you. In no circumstance should town ever want to lynch town.
    2nd OMGUS. (he meant to vote for Green btw)

What's scummy is that he votes first and then tries to justify his vote afterwards. This is bad since his reasoning is illogical - there are plenty of scenarios where a town would want to lynch another townie. (e.g., anti-town/ detrimental behaviour, as has been brought up earlier) How is a grey morality scummy anyway? This vote isn't quite as bad as the one on me, however, since voting first, explaining later is more indicative of impulsiveness.

However he then says later that "oh I'd vote for Red but it'll put him at L-1". Why is this bad? Because he doesn't give a fuck about determining which one of Green/ Red is the SK. He has made NO efforts at divining the alignments of the two of us, he just says that he'll switch onto me (who has two votes, gee golly) and abandons his Green vote.

Spoiler : As a side note, this is one of the few posts I found where he actually seems to give a read of his own. He's the 2nd-highest poster and he has not given a single original read unless someone poked him first. Scumscumscum :

Mother. Fucker. You're becoming a center of attention to distract us.
    Here's another post which...kind of sounds like a read? But I don't know, this bitch doesn't give any actual reads using his own initiative. For context, this is in response to Pink saying "the invite said wear a pink mask, this is all i had in my closet"

From this, one can infer that Orange is scum-leaning Pink for this post. The way he words the sentence suggests that Pink's motivation behind "being the centre of attention" is to distract "us" - this implies that Orange thinks that Pink is intentionally trying to derail the conversation. However he doesn't actually say this. Insinuations tend to come more from scum than town. (see my earlier points about town being direct and clear with the things they want to say)

2. ISO #252

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    eh, what is SK motivation for doubt casting on people town read? he needs to fit in with others idea not fighting with them.

Try to take a step back and re-exaplin your points about Orange with quotes

ah no be sure that I'm not like those people. No tunnel-vision here. explain your points and If I see them resolving my concerns about you I will unvote you.

I meant "This is a wifomy and distractive topic to discuss" and it could be something SK would say to advertise policy in day 1. Red didn't follow that line of thinking up later though which I wanted to know why.

Pushing lurkers , low posters and quiet slots is a great idea but that discussion was out of place in page 2.
    SK wants as many people as possible to look suspicious so that he has more ML targets.

He ISN'T fighting with people though. He's doubt-casting precisely so that he plants doubt in peoples' minds WITHOUT outright saying "I think this person could be scum" - it's indirect and manipulative, thus scummy. Combined with his lame-ass pushes on Green/ Red (only two people who have voted for him) he is the typical scum player who wants to avoid making enemies. He's only 'fought' with people who are already his enemies!

I'm starting to get worked up again but oh well.

I said it early because everyone else was shit-posting and I wanted to do something that didn't involve shit-posting. However I'm bad at starting the game off so I did that instead. So I can't blame you for thinking my opening posts suck because even I think they're terrible. But I did mean them so don't think I'm saying "well I know they're bad so you can't use them to read me" or anything like that.

3. ISO #253

4. ISO #254

I want to see orange response to this first.
    Fair. I'll wait for your response to both of our responses ;)

I would ISO Purple now but I'm still in the mindset of "ORANGE IS OBVSCUM, GG NO RE" so I'm going to do something else for now, otherwise I'll just be like "Purple is town for XYZ dumb reason, now lynch Orange kthx"

5. ISO #255

I meant "This is a wifomy and distractive topic to discuss" and it could be something SK would say to advertise policy in day 1. Red didn't follow that line of thinking up later though which I wanted to know why.

Pushing lurkers , low posters and quiet slots is a great idea but that discussion was out of place in page 2.
    Oh.. well.. ok.. Fair enough. I didn't expect you to convince me like this, and I thought of snappy comebacks regardless of which way you answered on the transit. lol

Yea, it is out of place for page 2. I was just curious because I fully agree with the message, but you're right that the delivery is questionable.

6. ISO #256

To be honest, Red is reacting quite well under this pressure. Not only is he getting a healthy amount of defensiveness, he adds points against someone else. This may seem like redirection, but it's classified differently while under pressure. However, I'd like to see more reads from Red about someone other than Orange.

Red, what do you think of Yellow?

7. ISO #257

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Red Masquerader View Post
    I think [that Yellow is] town, largely based on tone, but I have noticed that he has some sheep tendencies with his reads so I'm not ruling him out for sure. Decided to read his ISO and I realised that it's not as good as I thought it was. Most notable comment to me was the "having a hard time scum-hunting" comment. On the surface this might be scum openly admitting that he's struggling to fabricate reads. However I don't see why the scum would actually admit that to everyone and draw attention to it. It seems indicative of someone who has nothing to hide, thus likely town.

What do you think?
    ^^

8. ISO #258

I would ISO Purple now but I'm still in the mindset of "ORANGE IS OBVSCUM, GG NO RE" so I'm going to do something else for now, otherwise I'll just be like "Purple is town for XYZ dumb reason, now lynch Orange kthx"
    hmm? why would your reads be a dumb reason? unless u r making up fake reasons, nothing is dumb.. just give an honest opinion on players, maybe a single quote or two to back up what you're saying.

PS ISO is the art of taking posts out of context
    you need to use quotes to strengthen your argument && not base your argument around quotes

9. ISO #259

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Pink Masquerader View Post
    hmm? why would your reads be a dumb reason? unless u r making up fake reasons, nothing is dumb.. just give an honest opinion on players, maybe a single quote or two to back up what you're saying.

PS ISO is the art of taking posts out of context
    you need to use quotes to strengthen your argument && not base your argument around quotes
    I am prone to confirmation bias and get stuck on certain ideas too quickly and what have you. I'm a bit nervous that I'm doing that with Orange but I haven't seen any redeeming posts from him nor has anyone given a convincing defense of his posts so there's no logical reason for me to reconsider my read.

But going back to the point, since I think Orange is scum, I would currently go into Purple's ISO assuming that he is town to begin with and would only pick up on quotes which support my bias. It's better to read players with a clear mind so that I don't do that which is why I am holding off for now.

I don't mean that I would comment on every single post. (which is too much of a time-suck for me to even bother with) I meant that I would look at what he's said and think about why he would say XYZ.

10. ISO #260

^^
    please provide evidence of this "tone" he uses
    please provide evidence of his "sheeping"

I want to see the posts that make you think these things, to make sure your read is legitimate and not just made up

I think Yellow is underwhelming, possibly laying low. but I don't think that would be the strategy of a disguiser. esp on d1.
    I would ithink most disgusers would be flamoboyant. I mean, tmr they likely wont be themselves, so whats the point in not participating? I guess I could see people being 2much pussies to fully participate at the risk of embarrassing loosing on d1 but that is the name of this game. to be quiet frank I am looking at the people who are pushing the lynches the most because of this belief. best way to stay alive as sk would be to be the only controlling the lynch

thats why I don't really like purple and blue seems to be falliong into this cookie cutter character as well.
    I could dislike green for the same reason mayb but I have town read on green atm for reasons stated before

11. ISO #261

I am prone to confirmation bias and get stuck on certain ideas too quickly and what have you. I'm a bit nervous that I'm doing that with Orange but I haven't seen any redeeming posts from him nor has anyone given a convincing defense of his posts so there's no logical reason for me to reconsider my read.

But going back to the point, since I think Orange is scum, I would currently go into Purple's ISO assuming that he is town to begin with and would only pick up on quotes which support my bias. It's better to read players with a clear mind so that I don't do that which is why I am holding off for now.

I don't mean that I would comment on every single post. (which is too much of a time-suck for me to even bother with) I meant that I would look at what he's said and think about why he would say XYZ.
    ya but u can give accurate reads on other ppl without changing your mind on orange
    u can think ppl are scummy and still think orange is scummier

12. ISO #262

please provide evidence of this "tone" he uses
    please provide evidence of his "sheeping"

I want to see the posts that make you think these things, to make sure your read is legitimate and not just made up

I think Yellow is underwhelming, possibly laying low. but I don't think that would be the strategy of a disguiser. esp on d1.
    I would ithink most disgusers would be flamoboyant. I mean, tmr they likely wont be themselves, so whats the point in not participating? I guess I could see people being 2much pussies to fully participate at the risk of embarrassing loosing on d1 but that is the name of this game. to be quiet frank I am looking at the people who are pushing the lynches the most because of this belief. best way to stay alive as sk would be to be the only controlling the lynch

thats why I don't really like purple and blue seems to be falliong into this cookie cutter character as well.
    I could dislike green for the same reason mayb but I have town read on green atm for reasons stated before
    Sure, will do in a mo. I don't really like fucking around with the quotes and the ISO feature on this site is utter crap (you can't even see the full post ) though so don't expect me to do that much.

I can understand the fears around Purple. I remember someone saying "well his play is scummy because if he's SK then people won't be able to spot him as easily when he disguises because nobody will talk like him" and while I'm not sure if I agree yet, it's something I am going to keep in mind when I look at him because I think it's a valid concern.

At this point, I don't feel inclined to speculate on what the SK might do since that's generalised and doesn't really relate to the players. I can see why people might suspect me using your logic though.

What precisely pings you about Blue?

ya but u can give accurate reads on other ppl without changing your mind on orange
    u can think ppl are scummy and still think orange is scummier
    Honestly, I am pretty bad at it. Can't really provide evidence though so I am just going to have to say "wait a bit until I read Purple and tell everyone what I think" lol.

13. ISO #263

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Yellow Masquerader View Post
    I agree with voting lurkers/ people without a noteable personality in their posts. The killer will probably avoid disguising as people he can't impersonate as long as possible.
    Agreeing with my idea.

Actually now that I think about it, this is quite an interesting post. He says "yeah let's vote the people without a personality" but of all the players, Yellow fits the "lack of personality" criteria the most given his low post count and lack of substantial content. Possible that he's telling on himself here by saying one thing and doing another. I'll keep it in mind.

Of everyone Red and Pink are at the bottom of my list, so sure let's do this

I read this as a sheep vote given that Blue was clearly disliking me at this point alongside Orange. Also I want to know how his read on me progressed. He doesn't mention me at ALL until this post even though I have been active pretty much the entire time.

Pretty sure Orange is town. I don't read Orange as trying to cast shade on any reads.

Green is town as well so Orange vs Green is a waste of energy

I'm having trouble scum hunting so far in fact. Nobody seems to have any underlying agenda. Which makes sense in a way as the SKs only agenda is to survive pretty much.
    Already talked about the "having trouble scum-hunting" part since it's blunt and doesn't seem to be hiding anything. (so town tonally imo)

Jesus that's a lot of posts already
    That's why I already like purple. That would be annoying AF and difficult to disguise as.
    I don't know if I can explain this one but these felt a bit townie to me? First one fits in with the 'not hiding anything' theme in his posts, I feel, and second one is evidence of consistency. Not a strong tone read though so maybe I am reading too much into these two posts.

This post is shitty because the only part that I am actually confident in is the "trouble scum-hunting" part and the other stuff is peripheral to that. But I did find that first post and realised that my read is pretty weak so maybe it wasn't a total waste of time.

14. ISO #264

15. ISO #265

16. ISO #266

17. ISO #267

Oh my god so many wall posts. I may replace out simply because I am having a hard time keeping up with the pace of the game and I don't want to hold you guys back
    Can you tell us your general thoughts on the game? Doesn't have to be a giant paragraph on everyone, just the parts that you think are the most important (this is more telling as to someone's alignment anyway)

18. ISO #268

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Green Masquerader View Post
    Why did you sign up to being with then if you cant be bothered to read the wall posts?
    I didn't say I can't be bothered to read them, I just can't find the time in my schedule to keep up. Like don't be an ass. I had full intentions of playing this game and I did not expect this type of activity. I'd rather replace out and let someone with more time sub in than exist and not play.

19. ISO #269

I didn't say I can't be bothered to read them, I just can't find the time in my schedule to keep up. Like don't be an ass. I had full intentions of playing this game and I did not expect this type of activity. I'd rather replace out and let someone with more time sub in than exist and not play.
    im questioning why you could not keep up when i first read the psot i read it as "fuck wall posting im out" which is jsut dumb, if your busy IRL thats diffrent

20. ISO #270

Can you tell us your general thoughts on the game? Doesn't have to be a giant paragraph on everyone, just the parts that you think are the most important (this is more telling as to someone's alignment anyway)
    Green is town leader given he is very vocal and orange is vying for power against him but using a different thought process. Neither of them come off as sk to me.

Purple is trying way too hard to be unique to be so.

Blue already has a town tone and is thinking things through from a town perspective.

The normal things I look for in team scum aren't apparent in this game yet and for good reason.

You and Pink therefore are on the bottom of my list

Anything else?

21. ISO #271

22. ISO #272

Green is town leader given he is very vocal and orange is vying for power against him but using a different thought process. Neither of them come off as sk to me.

Blue already has a town tone and is thinking things through from a town perspective.

The normal things I look for in team scum aren't apparent in this game yet and for good reason.

Anything else?
    Team scum, heh.

May I just ask for some additional thoughts on your Purple read? I believe you've already explained your Orange read further back so I would rather that you focus here.

It would also be nice if you unvoted if you are actually replacing out.

23. ISO #273

24. ISO #274

Team scum, heh.

May I just ask for some additional thoughts on your Purple read? I believe you've already explained your Orange read further back so I would rather that you focus here.

It would also be nice if you unvoted if you are actually replacing out.
    the person does not have to unvote, why are you so concerned about votes on you?

also how come you have no paranoia of me at all i feel like there is nothign and that your jsut town reading me cus you know im town

25. ISO #275

26. ISO #276

27. ISO #277

the person does not have to unvote, why are you so concerned about votes on you?

also how come you have no paranoia of me at all i feel like there is nothign and that your jsut town reading me cus you know im town
    If there's an empty slot then they should unvote. If Yellow is still in the game then they shouldn't unvote. Simple stuff.

Answered this earlier. I have you as strong town. Other people are scummier. Simplest answer is often the correct answer.

Pontificating on wild theories about strong town-reads on D1 is unproductive. If you're expecting me to do that, you're out of luck.

I'm here to take out the person most likely to be scum. That's not you. Now fuck off.

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

Anything else?
    Yup what about orange?

And team scum wat does that mean

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

32. ISO #282

33. ISO #283

34. ISO #284

35. ISO #285

I don't understand, What are you trying to say about me?

36. ISO #286

If there's an empty slot then they should unvote. If Yellow is still in the game then they shouldn't unvote. Simple stuff.

Answered this earlier. I have you as strong town. Other people are scummier. Simplest answer is often the correct answer.

Pontificating on wild theories about strong town-reads on D1 is unproductive. If you're expecting me to do that, you're out of luck.

I'm here to take out the person most likely to be scum. That's not you. Now fuck off.
    that doesnt explain WHY you are town reading me. im asking you to reasurre my town reads. theres nothing wrong with that is there?

my issue is that you jsut calling em town and others scummier. what exactly is it about me that is making you think im town? and yes if its nto clear i am weary of budding and know it would be a great sk tactic so yes im going to question you to make sure im not just being blindsided

37. ISO #287

38. ISO #288

There's no team scum this game so certain things I look for in other games aren't apparent here. It's solo scum.
    oh nvm I see how you said it now
    I have poor reading comprehension some days

well if the usual things r not in this game, how do u propose we scum hunt? or are you just going 2 rely on others.

im against a d1 lynch in this setup which is why I'm just chatting & questioning things. we will most likely lynch a town today, n we don't really have the numbers for that. a kill/disguise will offer us the info we need to formulate logical arguments and provide evdence

39. ISO #289

pls don't be toxis make starcraft 2 mafia great again
    yellow started it.

but in seriosuness yellow as the one who called me an ass im just saying my post had 0 intention of it and if you read it its nto asshole at all to question someones dedication to a game scince we cant use com/rl shit

if you want to talk about this we cna talk psot game cus

40. ISO #290

well if the usual things r not in this game, how do u propose we scum hunt? or are you just going 2 rely on others.

im against a d1 lynch in this setup which is why I'm just chatting & questioning things. we will most likely lynch a town today, n we don't really have the numbers for that. a kill/disguise will offer us the info we need to formulate logical arguments and provide evdence
    you realize we have pluarlity and if we didnt vote it would be random?

41. ISO #291

that doesnt explain WHY you are town reading me. im asking you to reasurre my town reads. theres nothing wrong with that is there?

my issue is that you jsut calling em town and others scummier. what exactly is it about me that is making you think im town? and yes if its nto clear i am weary of budding and know it would be a great sk tactic so yes im going to question you to make sure im not just being blindsided
    Try reading my ISO.

I don't care if you think I'm buddying you. I don't want to lynch you. If you're town, great! You're doing your job.

But since you'll probably whine more, your insistence on whining about "Red town-reads me, he's scum!" is, in fact, townie. Scum wouldn't need to bother me as much as you're doing. They already have what they want from me (a town-read) so what you're doing just draws my attention to yourself for no real gain since you actively want me to ISO you. Seems like poor SK strategy, yes?

However, I am getting pissed off with the number of people who ask me to repeat myself when we do not even have 300 posts yet. Please stop doing this.

42. ISO #292

Well using regular scum hunting methods like some are using to scum read orange isn't going to work. Why would a sk cast shade? All the sk has to do is survive, and then change to someone they think they can impersonate. So for the first day its pretty much make a town block in your head and then lynch off it and look for changes in peoples demeanor after some kills start happening.

yellow started it.

but in seriosuness yellow as the one who called me an ass im just saying my post had 0 intention of it and if you read it its nto asshole at all to question someones dedication to a game scince we cant use com/rl shit

if you want to talk about this we cna talk psot game cus
    I'm considering replacing out as a courtesy to the rest of you spammers, and you respond with "hurr durr why'd you bother signing in the first place" = you're an ass.

43. ISO #293

Try reading my ISO.

I don't care if you think I'm buddying you. I don't want to lynch you. If you're town, great! You're doing your job.

But since you'll probably whine more, your insistence on whining about "Red town-reads me, he's scum!" is, in fact, townie. Scum wouldn't need to bother me as much as you're doing. They already have what they want from me (a town-read) so what you're doing just draws my attention to yourself for no real gain since you actively want me to ISO you. Seems like poor SK strategy, yes?

However, I am getting pissed off with the number of people who ask me to repeat myself when we do not even have 300 posts yet. Please stop doing this.
    its also not hard to say "i said it in post# X"

you have to relaize mafia is a game of repition as well and having someone repeat themselfs on a later day is probally better now that you brought it up.

also if your getting mad walk away and come abck, ive already had to do that yesterday

44. ISO #294

Lovelies! Lovelies!!

Thoughts and pontification:!!

Red: town thou experience with blue hath doth confirmed.
    Yellow: I shalt not know! Town did he lean but threats of quit has thus confused.
    Green: target me he did but to not avail. Could be scum or could be town.
    Orange: once the target of reds frustration, now she blends out of sight. Try to act town thou hast done.
    Pink: accusations a flurry but of substance she was not. Scum I do lean thee.
    Blue: town you hath convinced with thoughts and study, my strongest read you shall be!

45. ISO #295

Well using regular scum hunting methods like some are using to scum read orange isn't going to work. Why would a sk cast shade? All the sk has to do is survive, and then change to someone they think they can impersonate. So for the first day its pretty much make a town block in your head and then lynch off it and look for changes in peoples demeanor after some kills start happening.

I'm considering replacing out as a courtesy to the rest of you spammers, and you respond with "hurr durr why'd you bother signing in the first place" = you're an ass.
    when you sign up for a game you are saying "i can deticate time to play and read posts" you now saying "well i cant read b/c rl and wall spam posting" is kinda jerk on us. i was questioning your reason for repalcing out cus you said this:

Oh my god so many wall posts. I may replace out simply because I am having a hard time keeping up with the pace of the game and I don't want to hold you guys back
    While you are trying to do it for us, it doesnt change the starting thing of that you didnt have enough time to play. if you think im being an ass for questioning you about your detication to playing then so be it. however i could very well see you being an sk who cant keep up so im calling you based ona game thing

46. ISO #296

47. ISO #297

SK isn't going to want people to build up a litany of town-reads, otherwise they'll be exposed by process of elimination and are more likely to die D1. Throwing shade allows them to keep the spotlight on other players while helping them blend in. It makes perfect sense.

And yes, Green is being a prick. I would just ignore him unless you want to respond to a game-relevant point and discuss post-game. ez

its also not hard to say "i said it in post# X"

you have to relaize mafia is a game of repition as well and having someone repeat themselfs on a later day is probally better now that you brought it up.

also if your getting mad walk away and come abck, ive already had to do that yesterday
    Do you have any comments on my reasoning tho?

48. ISO #298

when you sign up for a game you are saying "i can deticate time to play and read posts" you now saying "well i cant read b/c rl and wall spam posting" is kinda jerk on us. i was questioning your reason for repalcing out cus you said this:

While you are trying to do it for us, it doesnt change the starting thing of that you didnt have enough time to play. if you think im being an ass for questioning you about your detication to playing then so be it. however i could very well see you being an sk who cant keep up so im calling you based ona game thing
    Still being an ass I see.

49. ISO #299

yellow; I'm definitely not a spammer

I enjoyed playing with you though. Good bye if your replacing out. Stop this not game related conversation please either way.
    <3

Just waiting on the host to confirm if they have someone readily available or not. If not well what choice do I have but to ride it out.

50. ISO #300

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Purple Masquerader View Post
    Lovelies! Lovelies!!

Thoughts and pontification:!!

Red: town thou experience with blue hath doth confirmed.
    Yellow: I shalt not know! Town did he lean but threats of quit has thus confused.
    Green: target me he did but to not avail. Could be scum or could be town.
    Orange: once the target of reds frustration, now she blends out of sight. Try to act town thou hast done.
    Pink: accusations a flurry but of substance she was not. Scum I do lean thee.
    Blue: town you hath convinced with thoughts and study, my strongest read you shall be!
    If you don't repeat this in comprehensible English, I am going to policy-lynch you because it's fucking annoying.

How does someone replacing out mean they become less townie? It's NAI, wtf.

Green is null how?

What the fuck does that read on me even mean??? Or the Orange read?