Day II: Fires of War
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

You ever been to Ascension Parish kid?

Biggest Cemetary in all of New Marais there. Gets bigger every day. Got bigger back then too, what with the conduits fighting the militia and all that.

They found two people were missing when they met the following day; expecting them to be Conduits that tried to flee the scence they instantly went on a manhunt.

The half that went to find FM Tamiyo saw smoke bellowing from behind her home. Rushing around they saw what looked like some form of ritualistic sacrifice; Tamiyo already dead but still on fire, burning away. Even after the fire was extinguished not enough remained of her for anyone there to decipher if she was anything of note, or if she was carrying anything on her person. Her house was empty too... someone had been in there however looking for something.

The other half went to find FM Gideon Jura.

You know... I always read the death reports from these things and can hardly picture what they describe. He was frozen from the waist down and then they smashed that side with something, shattering it to pieces. I assume while he screamed they shot him in the chest. The report said he bled out... dunno where from but damn man thats an awful way to go. He was found next to a bus... in the bus was ID that matched him, so it looks like he was just a simple Bus Driver... a man doing his job getting people from A to B...

Was he meant to be an example? Is this what the Militia brought on themselves?

It didn't deter them at all, infact it rallied them more to get back to the town house.

Once there people started throwing blame and pointing fingers all across the room.

Someone wasn't walking out of here today.

It was time for Martial Justice.

Role List:

Cole MacGrath [MacGrath]
    Lucy Kuo [MacGrath]
    Zeke Dunbar [MacGrath]
    Nix [MacGrath]

Conduit [Vermaak 88]
    Conduit [Vermaak 88]
    Conduit [Vermaak 88]
    Conduit [Vermaak 88]

Soul of The Beast
    Sasha (Reaper Leader)
    Random Killing Conduit
    Random Conduit
    Random Conduit

Joseph Bertrand
    Cop
    Investigator
    Extremist
    Medic
    Detainer
    Priest
    Coroner
    Random Power Militia
    Random Power Militia
    Random Power Militia
    Random Power Militia
    Random Power Militia
    Militia Member
    Militia Member
    Militia Member
    Militia Member
    Militia Member
    Militia Member
    Militia Member
    Militia Member
    Militia Member

There is 1 more role in the list than players due to 1 role being cleaned

Graveyard:

FM Tamiyo(???)[Night 1]: Corpse was too burned to make any form of identification. House trashed.
    FM Gideon Jura(Bus Driver)[Night 1]: Frozen from the waist down and broken into pieces with a hammer. Shot twice in the chest. Bled to death.

The Day will End and at the Following Time: Day Ends
    It will Take 18 votes to hammer.
    Vote with the following command: [vote]FM Name[/vote]

THE BEAST IS 1109 MILES FROM NEW MARAIS

Last edited by Slaol; December 7th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Day II: Fires of War

Good morning duelists! And good morning America!

SOME TERRORIST FROZE ME LAST NIGHT! ME! She might as well have frozen America!

There were some things I wanted to discuss yesterday but I didn't want to help the vermakk pick an optimal setup.

I'm not sure that Nicol Bolas is scum. He posted his suggestion for what the vermakk could pick but I feel as though he was convincing them to pick a suboptimal setup. Specifically I think the vermakk needed to pick an enforcer. If any of them are converted to a reaper, the reapers will immediately know all the remaining members of the vermakk and any information they have gathered. Sasha should already be the number one target for cole's conduits for this reason but without an enforcer she should be the number one target for the vermakk too.

I feel that if our priest succeeded in converting our militizen that it is extremely likely that the vermakk do not have an enforcer as town will then have double the priests for confirming cit claims.

For the remaining vermaak roles, there is no chance they don't have a kidnapper. Next I feel that a consig, willbender combo is their best bet. As soon as the consign finds someone the will bender can safely attract every night it immediately becomes a superior option to consort.

The forth is likely enforcer but if its not, my guess is another willbender but possibly a sapper or disguiser. An extra kill or an extra double roleblock.

Now lets take back America from these terrorists!

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by FM Vraska View Post
    Hey.

Nothing happened to me last night.

Still want to cram a lynch down this guy's throat.

At least until he starts doing things.

-vote FM Parcher

I think I summarized the case against him yesterday. Should be evident if you read his posts.

Invalid match, but I'll defend myself anyways.

Yesterday was Day 1 No Lynch, there were no Night 0 actions, and 40+ player's worth of posts to read. That requires too much of my effort for too little reward. So I chose not to give a fuck that day.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by FM Parcher View Post

Yesterday was Day 1 No Lynch, there were no Night 0 actions, and 40+ player's worth of posts to read. That requires too much of my effort for too little reward. So I chose not to give a fuck that day.
    How do you see Ajani? Is he part of the light or part of the darkness?

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

I have no illumination or information on the subject of the neutral killer. Speculation on his dark identity may be random. What may be rays of light is speculation on the role.

There was no kill from this shade. It means one of three possibilities for us of the light to understand how he works.
    The serial or spree killer may have not acted for whatever dark reason of his. Alternatively, if there is such a twisted individual, the spree killer may have been shown the light of inactivity.
    The light of healing may have shone down upon the intended target.
    The role may require inertia to start his reign of darkness.

Only a small ray of light is shown to us today on this matter. I believe and hope that more will come soon.

9. ISO #9

Hmm, I certainly did not expect that we'll lose our Bus Driver first. Usually roles like this are very crucial in defeating Mafia, hmm? But with the most important protecive role gone, we could be in a good trouble.
    Hmm... It hurts my head just to think myself. Well, there is nothing much I can do right now. Maybe you got us a good lead, hmm?

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Nothing happened to me either, to get that out of the way.

I don't consider FM Parcher a good target for today because from the way he said things it looks like he just really dislikes a no lynch day 1. There are better targets than someone like him for today I'd say. Though who it should be, I cannot really say.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by FM Glissa Sunseeker View Post
    Nothing happened to me either, to get that out of the way.

I don't consider FM Parcher a good target for today because from the way he said things it looks like he just really dislikes a no lynch day 1. There are better targets than someone like him for today I'd say. Though who it should be, I cannot really say.
    Who do you suggest we pursue this day? Who is hiding in the dark?

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

I'd also like to discuss what we should do with Elspeth Tirel, the person who claimed Witch. In my opinion, if we can't agree on a lynch target, then we should get rid of the Witch in order to eliminate an unknown variable.
    Not all killers are of the darkness. A killer who is of the light ought to bring this witch into her darkness of death. I do not think there is any need to lynch this shade.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by FM Parcher View Post

Well, you haven't given me any real reason to remove my vote, due to your lack of still doing anything.

Riddle me this, Parcher - if you're motivated to actually defend yourself, then how come you aren't.. scumhunting? Building cases? Asking questions? Interested in doing things to Figure Things Out?

If you genuinely think there's a superior target, make a real case against them. But I just don't see a better option than you right now.

19. ISO #19

Well, you haven't given me any real reason to remove my vote, due to your lack of still doing anything.

Riddle me this, Parcher - if you're motivated to actually defend yourself, then how come you aren't.. scumhunting? Building cases? Asking questions? Interested in doing things to Figure Things Out?

If you genuinely think there's a superior target, make a real case against them. But I just don't see a better option than you right now.
    How do you see Ajani? Is he of the dark or of the light?

20. ISO #20

I'd also like to discuss what we should do with Elspeth Tirel, the person who claimed Witch. In my opinion, if we can't agree on a lynch target, then we should get rid of the Witch in order to eliminate an unknown variable.
    Still think she should be policy vigged or jailed. Not worth the lack of information, or the possible risk of a Jester, if we lynch her and she flips Witch.

This is slightly.. out of game-ish, but I really hate her playstyle. Mafia's a team game, and her playstyle is wholly self-centered - making them game about them, making them the center of attention.

Pretty miffed that a hypothetical vig didn't vig her last night, given that they have three shots. And... hm.

Vigs can dayvig.

Well, if there's a hypothetical vig out there, she'd be an excellent target.

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by FM Domri Rade View Post
    How do you see Ajani? Is he of the dark or of the light?
    Well, let's see, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by FM Ajani Goldmane
    Hi guys! I'm going to be reading through the setup real quick again. We must kill the Nazis and not the bioterrorists. The UN can deal with the chemical weapon stuff.
    Reads through the setup, typical check in post. Not sure what he's meaning by "Nazis" or "bioterrorists".

Quote Originally Posted by FM Ajani Goldmane
    Hey guys, I'm back and I'm going to read through the current day posts... @Nissa Revane's post. Can you please tell me why you would mark a whole bunch of people scum just by the fact that they said they were going away or made a little trolly post?
    I mean, this can be a bit of a scum-impulse catch, because he didn't take the time to read through Nissa's post. Kind of picking low-hanging fruit. Can't discern much from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani Goldmane
    6 members viewing - Boss = 5, Are we all lurking? Seriously, there are a lot of trolly people here and I don't approve of it. I don't care if you like it or not, we WILL lose if you keep this up. When I come back, somebody better have a constructive response to this:

How would you mark people scummy in this game and why?

Should the people talking in third person and making trolly posts be marked scummy?
    Dislike this. He asks two questions that aren't really good at all - in fact, they're rather bad. Marking people scummy is... not helping you figure out the gamestate at all, and talking in third person/trolly posts are simply common sense.

1) We should not be marking people scummy based on the fact that they made scummy posts. Even though they might get annoying, it might become a useful tool for us to use later on in the game when they might get recruited into the Reapers. However, we should be basing it on text analysis and some kind of evidence that puts the person accused at a tight spot, and maybe they'll slip then. Until that happens, I don't believe we have room for random lynches.

2) Above.
    This is pretty bad. He says that "we should not be marking people scummy because they're scummy" and "we should base it on text analysis", and those two statements contradicts each other. Also, proposing no lynching until our power roles find the scum is a stupid idea.

Don't worry friend, for I have just returned from school... where they blocked only this FM thread. Which sucks. Anyways, I'm still reading (skimming), so I'll get back to you guys. I also propose that NOBODY role claims. All that role claim from this point, I will consider them scum. No role claiming = No lying. No lying = No chaos. No chaos = Better chance of winning. I hope you follow this commandment. I will tell Noah to add it to the Ten Commandments, and I don't care if you're not Jewish.
    Says that everyone should not role claim, which I'll be holding onto him for this. Kind of a slippery slope argument (if you're the Mayor, role reveal, Ajani considers them scum).

How do we plan to find the Soul of the Beast?
    Asks a question, but it's mostly again common sense. Tell me this - do you think SotB gives out specific "SotB" tells?

(Hint: They don't.)

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by FM Meshuvel View Post
    I would prefer to give a vig a chance to kill her, he strat is so unlikely to win for a witch even with our hesitation that I don't think she is witch
    Well, she just comes in and claims a anti-town role then leaves. Another Mazzy in the works, I believe.

If she's town gambitting then it's a stupid move, though would prefer if the dayvig happened at the tail end of the day so that she has a chance to claim her real role, if she's town.

But would support shooting her if she continues this "strategy" of being blatantly anti town. If she, say, actually does what I'm doing on Day 2 then I would support her claiming real role, if she's town.

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by FM Meshuvel View Post
    Ugin is my FOS target. The fact that he wanted to weaken the jailor out of fear he might be converted makes me this he is scum

-vote FM Ugin
    Don't know why you're doing this.

Town and scum can have a fear of being converted, and besides, look at the bigger picture.

He was the most active poster on Day 1, and he actively tried to drive the game forward by asking questions and scumhunting.

I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugin
    Ugin notices this and thinks you should explain why.
    Ugin thinks you should explain post 15 then. Ugin also finds it odd how you become defensive after being called out. He notices the sun is setting. He thinks it will be gone in about 2 hrs 45 mins. Ugin is glad that he got to meet many people. Ugin starts to scribble a heart and pass them out to all the people he likes.
    Ugin wonders why you care about that.
    And you're voting him, over, say.. the people who randomly voted for someone and lurked with the mess of other lurking lurkers and having no attention put on themselves.

You're smarter than this, Meshuvel.

Make a case against someone where there is actually something they've done that hasn't helped town.

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Vraska you seem to see Ajani in the same shade of darkness that I do. Thank you.

I am the Sheriff. I have found a shade. Specifically a Reaper. Glissa Sunseeker is of that darkness you all call cult.

She defended Nichol Bolas in subtle manners that seem to be damage control. May I be so grossly incandescent to be accurate. I checked Glissa and not the dark Nichol because Nichol is framerbait. I could not trust any result on him because so many found him to have little light. I was expecting a mafia result but was surprised.

-vote FM Glissa Sunseeker

This fine, bright day, I ask her who she finds dark. She does not answer my question but wishes to discuss the matter of the claimed witch shade. She does not know who to find shady. I believe that she was part of one group of shades but was recently corrupted. Her lynch can help show connections between many shades.

28. ISO #28

I like the case against Ajani because it's worth pursuing.

Also yeah, I agree on vigging the Witchclaimer on the condition that Vraska has given.

New post: Aaand I once again agree with Vraska about the Ugin vote.
    If you like the case against Ajani, then.. why aren't you voting him?

(I would, but I need to see Parcher post meaningful content)

29. ISO #29

Vraska you seem to see Ajani in the same shade of darkness that I do. Thank you.

I am the Sheriff. I have found a shade. Specifically a Reaper. Glissa Sunseeker is of that darkness you all call cult.

She defended Nichol Bolas in subtle manners that seem to be damage control. May I be so grossly incandescent to be accurate. I checked Glissa and not the dark Nichol because Nichol is framerbait. I could not trust any result on him because so many found him to have little light. I was expecting a mafia result but was surprised.

This fine, bright day, I ask her who she finds dark. She does not answer my question but wishes to discuss the matter of the claimed witch shade. She does not know who to find shady. I believe that she was part of one group of shades but was recently corrupted. Her lynch can help show connections between many shades.
    If you were hiding a cult check in your pants, how come you asked everyone to comment on Ajani? Shouldn't you ask people to comment on Glissa, instead, to find her cult buddies?

30. ISO #30

If you were hiding a cult check in your pants, how come you asked everyone to comment on Ajani? Shouldn't you ask people to comment on Glissa, instead, to find her cult buddies?
    I wish to put my target at ease, make her think that I was focusing another dark individual. I do find Ajani to be shady but my prime target today was Glissa.

31. ISO #31

Regardless, I would like Glissa to comment.

Not voting her yet, because an early Glissa lynch would be unproductive to the thread (everyone sheeps vote on Glissa, day ends with little information gotten)

I mean.

If I was the Sheriff, I would make a case on Glissa without revealing I was the Sheriff.

To, y'know.

Protect myself, since you're probably going to be a roleblock/kill target if Glissa flips cult.

And get the desired result.

32. ISO #32

Regardless, I would like Glissa to comment.

Not voting her yet, because an early Glissa lynch would be unproductive to the thread (everyone sheeps vote on Glissa, day ends with little information gotten)

I mean.

If I was the Sheriff, I would make a case on Glissa without revealing I was the Sheriff.

To, y'know.

Protect myself, since you're probably going to be a roleblock/kill target if Glissa flips cult.

And get the desired result.
    There was no case against her based on text alone. She is dark but not dark enough for a lynch. There needs to be some enlightenment to get the masses moving.

33. ISO #33

Hmm? M-hmm! I remember that Sasha is not immune to detection, so maybe you hit the bullseye, hmm?

34. ISO #34

Ok.
    -vote Glissa Sunseeker

Question time: Why did you feel it necessary to reveal your role so early to push a lynch on someone who you could have just as easily FoS'd based on ignoring questions, lurking, and active sheeping with others? I am asking because early sheriff reveals usually leads to useless sheriffs due to Consorts/Witches/etc which are in this game.

35. ISO #35

There was no case against her based on text alone. She is dark but not dark enough for a lynch. There needs to be some enlightenment to get the masses moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Baltrice View Post
    Ok.
    -vote Glissa Sunseeker

Question time: Why did you feel it necessary to reveal your role so early to push a lynch on someone who you could have just as easily FoS'd based on ignoring questions, lurking, and active sheeping with others? I am asking because early sheriff reveals usually leads to useless sheriffs due to Consorts/Witches/etc which are in this game.
    There was a textual case against her. You just had to put it all together.

36. ISO #36

I didn't realize that one of your questions was directed at me, sorry.

Though it does greatly surprise me that you got the feedback that I am part of the Reapers. Since a Framer is unlikely to have been on me, I wonder if you are trying to pull a gamble? After all, the reasons you have given alongside your feedback are sound though misplaced.

To Vraska: I was preparing my food and wanted to get started on eating. However, I will wait until the case on me is over before I'll vote Ajani.

37. ISO #37

Ok.
    -vote Glissa Sunseeker

Because I feel that this information is worth my life. I hope to be a beacon of light with information flowing from the actions leading up to the end of this bright day.

38. ISO #38

Well, I could build a case against her if I was motivated, doing a quick skim of her posts.

But most likely, Ockham's Razor, from our great William of Ockham, says that you're probably right and got a cult check.

-vote Glissa Sunseeker

Who are your suspects after Glissa and Ajani?

Or.. we can have the dayvig vig Glissa, and free up our lynch to see if you're lying or you're right.

I might like that idea better.

Thoughts?

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Well, I could build a case against her if I was motivated, doing a quick skim of her posts.

But most likely, Ockham's Razor, from our great William of Ockham, says that you're probably right and got a cult check.

-vote Glissa Sunseeker

Or.. we can have the dayvig vig Glissa, and free up our lynch to see if you're lying or you're right.

Thoughts?
    Why did you decide to wait with the vote on me but then gave a completely different reason to justify your vote now?

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

-vote Glissa Sunseeker

Thoughts?
    Shooting in the bright of day. What imagery! I like it.

The dark ones on my list are Nichol and Glissa, Jace and Dack, and Ajani. I do not know how to place Ajani. I believe he is mafia but I cannot figure out his color. Nichol and Glissa are probably of Cole's Conduits. Jace and Dack are probably of Vermaak 88. There are more but I shall keep them hidden away for my last will.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

And yeah, sorry Baltrice.

You don't get townpoints for repeating the same questions I had.
    O.o

You assume I'm looking for any.
    I typed up my questions, posted, got the stupid new posts error, reposted, then read back.
    In any case inflating self worth isn't a town tell ;)

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

I definitely did not forget about this game. Nothing happened to me last night, I believe. I haven't read D1 and tbh I cba to either so time to analysa two pages worth of stuff.

Now lets take back America from these terrorists!
    This post was bad, you spend it waffling on Nicol Bolas ("I'm not sure he is scum" - is he town? Is he leaning scum? What is your exact opinion on him) or speculating who's going to be culted and what roles scum have and not actually FoSing anyone or doing any sort of actual scumhunting. Then, almost an hour later, you drop a vote as if it's an afterthought instead of a primary concern.

-vote FM Meshuval

At least until he starts doing things.
    Why aren't you harping on at me then considering I didn't do squat day 1? His response was terrible though.

I third/fourth/Xth the idea of vigging the witch. Lynching is fine too.

Glissa is scum and I will sheep sheriff if need be.

47. ISO #47

Quote Originally Posted by FM Sifa Grent View Post
    Hmm, I believe that he revealed himself early just to eliminate our biggest threat as soon as possible, even at the expense of being permanently "frozen" afterwards. I like that determination, Cop, or... Sheriff, or, hmm... Domri?

But with our Bus Driver dead, what will you do afterwards, hmm?
    I enjoy the filler nature of your post.
    Would you take a look at Glissa response me and see what it is all about?

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50

O.o

You assume I'm looking for any.
    I typed up my questions, posted, got the stupid new posts error, reposted, then read back.
    In any case inflating self worth isn't a town tell ;)
    Fair, but to me it looked like you were repeating my questions.

I think Glissa should claim and the hypothetical vig should shoot her via PM.