The Mage Tower: night 3 - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
  1. ISO #251

2. ISO #252

Re: The Mage Tower

Ok guys, I finished my LW, going to sleep now. I had to vote Dalis because I don't want Branwen to go.

Make sure Quayle doesn't tell who did he swap! Also if you think it's ok you can tell Town about our plan (including Keldorn's post), but please don't use my name there. I'd like to reveal myself when I get online. Perhaps someone will claim I am scum and we can catch him on lie.

Gl volunteer!

3. ISO #253

4. ISO #254

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

Re: The Mage Tower

Having used the day to discuss the correct order for the stones that formed a phrase, the expedition members that came back that night were quite sure of their case. And rightly so; Haer'Dalis took the blue torch in his hand, moved the stones so that they would spell the following phrase:

“we who” “revel” “in” “your shadow” “swear” “to strike” “fear” “in” “the heart” “of” “our mark” “before” “their end” “comes” “so” “when” “their liquid” “life” “flows” “from” “their husk” “they” “shall know” “the deed” “was done” “in” “bhaal’s name”
    And then he put the torch back in place. Where Eldoth had died a horrible death the night before, following his lover Skie into the grave, Haer'Dalis succeeded. A swirly magical portal in the shape of a door formed on the west side of the tower, hovering awkwardly in mid-air a few inches away from the wall itself. Haer'Dalis stepped through the dimensional doorway and found himself in what he assumed to be the inside of the tower.

The most eye-catching object he found was an enormous painting of some elven wizard.

Curious, Haer'Dalis looked at the plaque underneath.
    It read: "Arch-Wizard Sand, Master of the Tower, Devout Follower of Bhaal"
    Underneath the crossed-out words, someone had written the words "Hedge," and "Jester" in red ink. Or possibly in blood. Whatever the case, it was clear that someone who didn't like the figure in the painting very much had been here more recently than the man himself.

The room he was in was filled with shelves that contained old books and large collection of seemingly random objects. The whole of it was covered in a thick layer of dust and spider webs. Only a bundle of crimson candles that lay lonely on a small wooden counter appeared to be clean and relatively dust-free compared to the rest of it. Haer'Dalis decided to take it along. He had a feeling that it might come in handy. For the rest, he wasn't able to find anything of interest. Disappointed, he stepped through the dimensional door again to rejoin the others. It wasn't until much later that he found that the neatly folded pieces of parchment that were attached to the candles weren't just price tags.