Day II: Fires of War - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

2. ISO #102

Re: Day II: Fires of War

I disagree with Dack's idea of letting the dark take care of the dark. It's what links the darkness of Jace with the darkness of Dack. Both think that shades should fight each other. I take issue because this early, the light is every shade's problem. Gimping other scum teams only aids the light. History is replete with examples.

The light is responsible for what the light does and does not do. Do not expect the dark to clean themselves up. I cannot let this town let the dark overrun the light by standing idle.

3. ISO #103

Quote Originally Posted by FM Vraska View Post
    Do you really think Sasha would be this blatant in defending her cult buddy, if she is indeed cult?

I think Glissa should be dealt with today (by dayvig or lynch) but I like the outspoken stance Dack is taking.
    If Glissa flips reaper, consort on me. Make scum block a potential Sasha so that town resources can be used elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FM Domri Rade View Post
    The mafia have no rule but themselves. We can only choose what we do. Do you claim to control the darkness?
    I claim aspirations to manipulate darkness into performing semi-pro-town actions. Whether darkness listens to me, only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by FM Glissa Sunseeker View Post
    Not sure why it does. If we hypothetically follow Dack's suggesting and leave me be for today, and we wanted to get rid of the Witch, then it would be better to use a vigilante on the Witch rather than lynch her because then we can use the day to pressure someone else for information and then possibly lynch them.
    Lynch = witch
    Vig = Glissa or the pressure suspect

Using a vig to enact the lynch means that we don't have to shuffle votes at the end of the day. We should vote whoever we want to pressure and if no better target emerges, vig can hit Glissa.

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

The Basileus of Byzantium has returned...

With a Catholic Zealot -Reaper- possibly discovered, and maybe even the Pope -Sasha- shall we stand by and let them tear us apart from within?

I would suggest the Vigilante day shoot the claim of the Witch, and we lynch the possible Zealot -Reaper-.

I am unsure of I trust our Sheriff, claiming this early in the game doesn't seem Sheriffy. Although I would likely do the same if I believed I had found the Pope -Sasha-.

As to Glissa, she seems to be far too eager and calmed to claim to be a Surgeon -Medic- and I normally would not expect a claim with this few votes. It seems as if she wants it off her as fast as possible and to not leave the town with a choice of either lynching her or lynch no one.

Also, nothing happened to me last night.

-vote FM Glissa Sunseeker

I shall return in a while, something came up in RL today.

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by FM Vraska View Post
    I agree with this, and my thoughts on lynching the witch is presented in an earlier post of mine.

Dack, besides Elspeth and Glissa, who do you want to lynch today and why?
    I have some unfinished business with yourself, FM Meshuvel, and FM Nicol Bolas. Please comment on those two other players or link me to the post where you said you did.

I would also like FM Baltrice to claim a random scum role just as an exercise in fun.

Need this information plus time to analyze flips to figure out where my reads stand.

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by FM Baltrice View Post
    Nicol is viewing this thread but hasn't spoken.
    I'd like his thoughts on this atm
    When I logged on comma there was twenty dash five posts comma now you are all posting at fifty posts an hour period I am still catching up comma just finished page two period Ill give my thoughts when I have a more complete picture of the chaos someone just started period

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

10. ISO #110

Hey kids, votes on Elspeth. Scum has literally no incentive to kill her at night whereas there is marginal incentive for scum to kill Glissa at night.

Probabilities of scum on scum kills:
    0% Elspeth the witch gets killed by scum
    10% Glissa gets killed: mafia fears the reapers, Domri is actually mafia and they outed a doc claim, etc. these are just off the top of my head.

This is why your vote should be on Elspeth.

11. ISO #111

Quote Originally Posted by FM Dack Fayden View Post
    I have some unfinished business with yourself, FM Meshuvel, and FM Nicol Bolas. Please comment on those two other players or link me to the post where you said you did.

I would also like FM Baltrice to claim a random scum role just as an exercise in fun.

Need this information plus time to analyze flips to figure out where my reads stand.
    No.

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

Quote Originally Posted by FM Parcher View Post
    Aight I'm totally missing something, how do we know Elspeth is Witch
    She claimed that dark role. I don't know if anyone has definite proof of her alignment either in the light or dark.

Sarkhon, Praise the Sun you are still alive. It is a shame that you were not recruited into that shining order.

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

More reasons for lynching Elspeth:

-Domri Rade can continue to check people at night without risk of results being tampered with by the witch.
    -vig could be afk and not follow through with our plan for him to shoot the witch
    -scum has to use a consort block on Domri Rade to prevent investigations. WIFOM lookout on Domri and we can figure out who a mafia member might be and/or continue to have successful sheriff results.

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

Quote Originally Posted by FM Dack Fayden View Post
    More reasons for lynching Elspeth:

-Domri Rade can continue to check people at night without risk of results being tampered with by the witch.
    -vig could be afk and not follow through with our plan for him to shoot the witch
    -scum has to use a consort block on Domri Rade to prevent investigations. WIFOM lookout on Domri and we can figure out who a mafia member might be and/or continue to have successful sheriff results.
    How will Glissa die then? She is of the darkness and has no place in the light.

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

Ok Ive seen this one too many times to jump onto this sheriff claiming he found super scum this early on period It goes something like this colon
    fake sheriff dash Hey him super scum period
    town dash choo choo
    lynch victim dash wut me innocent
    fake sheriff dash if Im wrong you can lynch me tomorrow period
    town dash choo choo
    lynch victim - dies a horrible death and flips town
    dash next day dash
    town dash fake sheriff could be a jester ploy
    real sheriffs and real invests dash wont check him because of obvious frame targets
    fake sheriff - he must have been framed of bus driven or maybe I was witched
    town - focuses on new person and forgets about fake sheriff

So yeah comma Im a little scketical about this sheriffs luck comma I dont trust PRs who reveal so early but then again I dont trust PRs who reveal to defend themselves cough mr fake medic cough period

Before anything else however comma I want mr witchiness to tell us exactly what she did last night period

There was one hundred and twelve posts when I started writting this and have not read any new posts since period

On a side note comma Im not at home this weekend and am using a friends laptop comma which is very annoying since I dont have a mouse comma my settings comma or my notes on my pc braket even though I didnt have many notes from day 1 braket

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125

Quote Originally Posted by FM Nicol Bolas View Post
    Ok Ive seen this one too many times to jump onto this sheriff claiming he found super scum this early on period It goes something like this colon
    town dash choo choo
    town dash choo choo
    dash next day dash
    real sheriffs and real invests dash wont check him because of obvious frame targets

So yeah comma Im a little scketical about this sheriffs luck comma I dont trust PRs who reveal so early but then again I dont trust PRs who reveal to defend themselves cough mr fake medic cough period

Before anything else however comma I want mr witchiness to tell us exactly what she did last night period

There was one hundred and twelve posts when I started writting this and have not read any new posts since period

On a side note comma Im not at home this weekend and am using a friends laptop comma which is very annoying since I dont have a mouse comma my settings comma or my notes on my pc braket even though I didnt have many notes from day 1 braket
    This isn't sc2mafia.

26. ISO #126

Quote Originally Posted by FM Chandra Nalaar View Post
    Come on people. I have to go soon. I will give my vote to whoever gives me my best answer.
    Whoring your vote out is a terrible idea. Using the light before it is extinguished is a high calling. Using the light to gimp the shades this early can only help the town.

Quote Originally Posted by FM Parcher View Post
    Shooting Nicol tonight.
    Are you claiming you are the light's bringer of death?

27. ISO #127

town dash choo choo
    town dash choo choo
    dash next day dash

That's a heck of a risk to take with a hypothetical vigilante in the game...

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

Analysis of the night kills:

FM Tamiyo
    Green Mafia killed and cleaned FM Tamiyo (and spent 2 night actions doing so):

Quote Originally Posted by FM Tamiyo View Post
    I've read through the previous and find one post extremely disconcerting, I won't tell you what it is atm, I will probably not be around for a bit.
    FM Tamiyo indicates she is holding something back. A post to pique interest in her, but probably not the reason she was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by FM Tamiyo View Post
    I'd like to assert this line of discussion is useless atm, I'd like to urge a single citizen to step forward, so we can then proceed to discuss other options.
    FM Tamiyo makes a really priestly sounding comment. Mark my words, this is why FM Tamiyo was killed.

Implications: FM Tamiyo may have been Priest, however conversions come before death and FM Tamiyo was in favor of the plan to recruit FM Sarkhan Vol. Therefore I infer that the orange mafia picked an enforcer.

Reactions: Green mafia will push for Glissa's lynch today, knowing that the priest is possibly dead and might not be able to purge Glissa. I'm asking in the Q&A if they would know with any certainty if it is so. -> people pushing for Glissa's lynch should be suspected of being green mafia.

FM Gideon Jura
    Orange mafia killed Gideon Jura with no cleaning, just used one night action on this.

Quote Originally Posted by FM Gideon Jura View Post
    Joseph Bertrand
    Cop
    Investigator
    Extremist
    Medic
    Detainer
    Priest
    Coroner
    Random Power Militia (Gunsmith/Armorsmith)
    Random Power Militia (Bus driver)
    Random Power Militia (Veteran)
    Random Power Militia (Lookout)
    Random Power Militia (Bodyguard)
    Random Power Militia (Detective)
    Militia Member X9

My thoughts on the roles list. I will reveal the Vermaak 88 roles after their roles are chosen.
    Posted thoughts on the role list. I bet orange mafia killed him because they thought he was one of the town power roles that he listed in the town section. OR he also says that there is a revolutionist under his killing neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by FM Gideon Jura View Post
    My idea;

Step 1: Two Citizens must step up each day.
    Step 2: Mason converts one of them
    Step 3: Medic must anti cult one of them
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Win
    Could have seemed vaguely pro-priest-who-didn't-read-setup here (not knowing enforcer has 2 targets) or pro-revolutionist.

Implications: Orange mafia killed Gideon because he seemed like a revolutionist or one of the TPR that he put on his role list.

[size=5]What the kills tell us about the mafia night actions:[/color]
    Cole MacGrath - kill FM Tamiyo
    Zeke Dunbar - ?
    Lucy Kuo - ?
    Nix - clean FM Tamiyo

Vermaak 88 - Enforcer - enforce FM Sarkhan Vol & ?
    Vermaak 88 - Kidnapper? - ?(but can't be sent to kill)
    Vermaak 88 - ?? - sent to kill FM Gideon Jura
    Vermaak 88 - ?? - ??

33. ISO #133

Dack, I would agree with your choice of lynch if it were not for the fact that Jester is both a possibility and basing off the posts of the person in question a good likelihood. Claiming Witch like this seems to have been a very good tactic in that regard. I would rather have a vigi shoot her and have us lynch Glissa which results in the exact same information that you propose we would get.

34. ISO #134

People currently on Glissa:

FM Glissa Sunseeker (6 [L-12]):
    FM Domri Rade, FM Sifa Grent, FM Baltrice, FM Parcher, FM Jace Beleren, FM Ravi Sengir

At least one of them is probably green mafia who is more worried about the threat of the reapers since they believe to have killed the Priest last night. FM Domri Rade can be sheriff until proven otherwise because I don't see why Zeke would reveal a possible Sasha when it could result in him getting lynched if he's wrong. FM Sifa Grent is amnesiac. Therefore, FM Baltrice, FM Parcher, FM Jace Beleren, FM Ravi Sengir seem like possible green mafias.

35. ISO #135

Dack, I would agree with your choice of lynch if it were not for the fact that Jester is both a possibility and basing off the posts of the person in question a good likelihood. Claiming Witch like this seems to have been a very good tactic in that regard. I would rather have a vigi shoot her and have us lynch Glissa which results in the exact same information that you propose we would get.
    Although it seems quite unlikely that Elspeth would be a jester.

36. ISO #136

Hey this is just my opinion. I think the likelihood of Elspeth being a jester is low just because of this situation exactly where she could be a huge target for town killing roles.

37. ISO #137

Dack, Valid deductions but I feel like they are less than accurate.
    I have a few questions about the analysis and the follow up.

The post in which you state sounds priestly would be more valid if she was the one who came up with the plan to have a Citizen step up and reveal. However she did not, as I believe Jace was the one with that plan. The tone of that post you quoted instead reads to be annoyed with the current plan and simply wished to move on to more suitable conversation. This is supported by the ending of her post "so we can then proceed to discuss other options."
    Would you disagree?

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

Now, to speculate on Vermaak 88 roles.

Possible roles:
    Kidnapper - A highly likely pick. It's basically an unstoppable consort that also gets one kill. If they're smart, there is no way they didn't get a kidnapper, and if they didn't get one, then we should rejoice because it means they've wasted a role slot.

Janitor - I doubt they took one of these. 3 charges just isn't enough to justify choosing it. Plus there were two kills last night, but only one cleaning (which was a burn, ie. conduits' clean). They could have simply not used a cleaning last night, but I think choosing a role that can only do 3 things at best is not a wise decision.

Framer - This particular iteration of the framer is quite powerful. It can frame two people per night or it can choose to do nothing and be immune to detection. I would bet they have one of these for sure.

Consigliere - I think this iteration of the consig is weak and not worth choosing. It only gets the investigation pairing, which isn't all that useful to the Vermaaks, and it only gets the exact role if it targets the same person twice, which is horribly inefficient.

Consort - My guess is that they have a consort. Even though they already have a kidnapper for roleblocks, why not have two roleblocks? Since they can't choose a second kidnapper, the second blocker must be a consort. And why not? She even gets detection immunity while blocking.

Sapper - No way they have one of these. Live2Die roles are horrible for scum factions whose whole mission is to survive. Especially with this one, given that its ability is a complete gamble. I really hope I'm wrong, though, because if they picked this they will have another useless member who will eventually kill himself for us if we don't kill him first.

Disguiser - There is a very remote possibility that the cleaning from last night was actually a disguiser, but since disguising on night one is stupid, and I like to assume my adversaries are generally intelligent, I doubt this is the case. However, there could still be a disguiser out there. But again, this is a case where I feel that they would be gimping themselves by choosing this role. It can only act once, which means they lose out on the consistent power that other roles would bring. Plus, its best usage is as an escape when caught/accused as scum, but if found during the day, could easily get lynched before getting to disguise, meaning another useless role. So I doubt this will be in the game.

Enforcer - The most likely fourth pick, imo. More for its passive ability than for anything. These guys have 4 members to start, and in order to win, at least one of them needs to survive and remain Vermaaak 88 aligned. The last thing they want is for a reaper to come along and recruit one of their guys. This would actually be particularly devastating since he could betray them and tell the reapers all of their plans and identities. So my guess is that they took an enforcer so that they wouldn't have to worry about it. Plus, this allows them to actively try to shut down the reapers (and the preists) with the Enforcer's night action.

Willbender - Too risky to be chosen, I think. Could just as easily lure a killer as a doctor. And in most cases I think this team will want to avoid being targeted, so I don't think it would be wise to choose a role that would force someone to target a member. Though it would be amusing if they chose this role and it managed to lure Sasha.

In short, I think the Vermaak 88 team is:

Kidnapper
    Framer
    Consort
    Enforcer

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

Ok back to obvious questions that no one has bothered to ask period

There were two victims last night and we know we have at least three killing scums period Did the third fail his kill comma is a delayed kill comma didnt or couldnt kill or was there a double kill question mark
    Methinks we have an arsonist in our midst.