S-FM 206: POLITICO - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: S-FM 206: POLITICO

Quote Originally Posted by Spruance View Post
    They can change easily? The mafia are on a team together so it is important to analyze people's relationships with each other as well.
    The fact that they can change means that you should keep us updated so that we can see how your reads progress and thus tell what your alignment is. Hiding your thoughts is anti-town at best or an attempt at scum at keeping their thought processes hidden at worst.

Pre-flip associations will be weak on Day One. Individual reads please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

2. ISO #102

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    The fact that they can change means that you should keep us updated so that we can see how your reads progress and thus tell what your alignment is. Hiding your thoughts is anti-town at best or an attempt at scum at keeping their thought processes hidden at worst.

Pre-flip associations will be weak on Day One. Individual reads please.
    Don't really have any yet rip

3. ISO #103

Don't really have any yet rip
    So you make several comments suggesting that I could be scum, that I am 'being too aggressive' (lmao) and that I am 'acting like I am confirmed just because of the Governor' but that doesn't add up into a read at all?

Feels like backtracking.
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

4. ISO #104

So you make several comments suggesting that I could be scum, that I am 'being too aggressive' (lmao) and that I am 'acting like I am confirmed just because of the Governor' but that doesn't add up into a read at all?

Feels like backtracking.
    It's useful but not indicative of alignment without more evidence.

5. ISO #105

It's useful but not indicative of alignment without more evidence.
    The hedging is real.

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Watching Calix tear down a person who we all knows logic is backwards is funny.
    Calix what are you hoping to accomplish?
    I could ask you the same question with that post. All you've done so far is made some namby-pamby comments about me and justified his shitty posts by saying he can't logic his way out of a paper bag.

If you don't like me actually pushing players, feel free to do some work yourself.

8. ISO #108

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    Why make this comment and marginalize your own reads? We all know this is only based on a few hours of posts.
    My intent was to prevent those reads to be taken out of context later on. Yes, I did state the obvious by doing so, Calix, but I don't want others to cherry-pick this post and take it out of context to use it against me later on.
    A)This addition is odd. Scum would be forced to pressure other players because if they didn't, that would make for the most obvious scum tell ever. Use of 'theoretically' and the emphasis you added on it implies that even you realise that this is a flimsy point.
    B) You saw some of the queries that players had over these two players - your thoughts on those?
    C) This is also waffling in the sense that it takes you too many words to say "null" but might just be how you type. Shall check out AI overnight and see for myself.
    D)What do you make of my accusations that you yourself deflect?
    E) Why do you think Kovath's concern over you using his reasoning is 'strange'? How could it be scum-motivated in your eyes.
    F) Again, this is what Kovath accused you of, meaning you should agree with Kovath's reasoning for his push on you. Yet you scum-read Kovath somewhat...please explain the differences between the two situations here.
    A) Yes, those are my thoughts worded adequately.
    B) Well, I honestly think that Gyrlander was simply making a joke by voting you in the first place. In that sense, I disregarded this query of yours being that Gyrlander didn't pay attention to the OP. However, the query about Gyrlander wanting to pressure Unknown but doing nothing to get this player in the heat was valid. As for Mesk, I agree : her thought process makes no sense. The rumor has it that she’s always town though. (It’s a joke, Calix.)
    C) Mhh… I try to use the fewest words as I can to get my message through usually.
    D) Please tell me when did I deflect your accusations? I always intend to answer directly.
    E) It is very strange because nobody who wants the conversation to advance (any townie) wouldn’t want others to use their posts to contribute. The fact that me using his reasoning made him react in such an angry/defensive way really did not seem town-like to me.
    F) The differences are that Kovath responded in an angry/defensive way which made me suspect him and that I null-read Unknown. But, yes, his reasoning to push for me is valid.
    This comment is three sentences long despite it adding nothing to the conversation.
    Boy, I despise this type of post. They are so hypocritical. By making them, you ask another player to add something to the conversation by not adding anything yourself.

9. ISO #109

Quote Originally Posted by Never Unlucky View Post
    My intent was to prevent those reads to be taken out of context later on. Yes, I did state the obvious by doing so, Calix, but I don't want others to cherry-pick this post and take it out of context to use it against me later on.
    Wouldn't it be obvious that they were cherry-picking in that scenario? Seems like an odd concern to have, especially one that relates to how you are seen in the thread.

A) Yes, those are my thoughts worded adequately.
    B) Well, I honestly think that Gyrlander was simply making a joke by voting you in the first place. In that sense, I disregarded this query of yours being that Gyrlander didn't pay attention to the OP. However, the query about Gyrlander wanting to pressure Unknown but doing nothing to get this player in the heat was valid. As for Mesk, I agree : her thought process makes no sense. The rumor has it that she’s always town though. (It’s a joke, Calix.)
    C) Mhh… I try to use the fewest words as I can to get my message through usually.
    D) Please tell me when did I deflect your accusations? I always intend to answer directly.
    E) It is very strange because nobody who wants the conversation to advance (any townie) wouldn’t want others to use their posts to contribute. The fact that me using his reasoning made him react in such an angry/defensive way really did not seem town-like to me.
    F) The differences are that Kovath responded in an angry/defensive way which made me suspect him and that I null-read Unknown. But, yes, his reasoning to push for me is valid.

Boy, I despise this type of post. They are so hypocritical. By making them, you ask another player to add something to the conversation by not adding anything yourself.
    A. I'm glad I read your mind so precisely then ;)

B. I am aware of Mesk's "I am town" routine...but she hasn't actually said that in the game yet, so why bring that up? Surely you're not actually using that as a basis for a read, right?

C. lmao

D. What I meant was "you have a tendency of deflecting" but we've already covered this, so not relevant.

E + F. Correct me if I am wrong, but you are arguing that Kovath is angry and defensive because you borrowed his reasoning. Can you explain why this would be scum-motivated and why any scum motivations here would override potential town motivations for such a reaction?

Secondly, why is getting angry/ defensive a scum tell to you?

I was calling you out on a useless post. Initiative is always nice.

10. ISO #110

Ok so I just read through everything and I think I have to brush up on the setup again. Im going to make sure that I dont lurk this game because last game I played I got myself mislynched for lurking hardcore lol. Do the scum know who eachother are? If so I cud see calix being scum and being pardonned so he is safe for the night. But his play is kind of towny in my eyes so I doubt it. So far everyone is null for me, except mesk who is always town(no joke played with her several times and I havnt seen her scum once...) which I find kinda strange but thats besides the point. Im going to hold of on placing any votes until I can establish better reads. I not the best day one played I like to wait for the game to play out before I build enough confidence to make more solid reads.

11. ISO #111

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    Ok so I just read through everything and I think I have to brush up on the setup again. Im going to make sure that I dont lurk this game because last game I played I got myself mislynched for lurking hardcore lol. Do the scum know who eachother are? If so I cud see calix being scum and being pardonned so he is safe for the night. But his play is kind of towny in my eyes so I doubt it. So far everyone is null for me, except mesk who is always town(no joke played with her several times and I havnt seen her scum once...) which I find kinda strange but thats besides the point. Im going to hold of on placing any votes until I can establish better reads. I not the best day one played I like to wait for the game to play out before I build enough confidence to make more solid reads.
    Scum are aware of each other's identities. Pretty sure they also talked during N0 so there's that in terms of associations as the scum are more coordinated on Day One than they usually are.

I have a vagina by the way.

I second not voting early on in case some idiot who didn't read the setup decides to sheep the Mayor or whatever.

Do you have any thoughts on the State Attorney voting for you?

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    I'm playing with you in hope to get reactions that I can analyze, so don't worry. We should focus on Mesk saying that 1 Congressman is evil when there is no confirmation.
    Gyr we all know you just sheep
    "The mammal, the Hippogame Freakus, has approached the thread with his typical entrance about the subpar attitude of neighboring creatures." Calix

14. ISO #114

I for one find it curious that Unknown has three RVS votes on him. None of his voters have provided reasoning so I don't know what they're expecting to get out of it other than to vote-park.

15. ISO #115

I could ask you the same question with that post. All you've done so far is made some namby-pamby comments about me and justified his shitty posts by saying he can't logic his way out of a paper bag.

If you don't like me actually pushing players, feel free to do some work yourself.
    You could, but you would be deflecting the point. You also bring up something irrelevant to the conversation such as "What have you done?" That isn't what we are talking about so its a moot point.

We have both played with SPruance and I think we can both agree his logic is weird if not downright alien. So when you try to pick argument fights with him it looks like you are just trying to find something to latch onto to make sure you can maintain a fake "Calix is angry/annoyed" attitude.

If I were you, I would do same thing if I was known for being irritated at terrible players.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

Wouldn't it be obvious that they were cherry-picking in that scenario? Seems like an odd concern to have, especially one that relates to how you are seen in the thread.

A. I'm glad I read your mind so precisely then ;)

B. I am aware of Mesk's "I am town" routine...but she hasn't actually said that in the game yet, so why bring that up? Surely you're not actually using that as a basis for a read, right?

C. lmao

D. What I meant was "you have a tendency of deflecting" but we've already covered this, so not relevant.

E + F. Correct me if I am wrong, but you are arguing that Kovath is angry and defensive because you borrowed his reasoning. Can you explain why this would be scum-motivated and why any scum motivations here would override potential town motivations for such a reaction?

Secondly, why is getting angry/ defensive a scum tell to you?

I was calling you out on a useless post. Initiative is always nice.
    B) "The rumor has it that she’s always town though. (It’s a joke, Calix.)" Of course I am not using this to make a read... I have Mesk as "null" while the "rumor" is that she's always town.

C) rude :3

E+F Would you word your 1stquestion differently please? I feel like I've correctly answered it twice and would find myself repeating myself if I were to answer it again.
    2nd question - to me, using emotions just shows that you either have got something to hide or cannot use arguments to defend yourself so you result in using emotions. This is what Eggy did in AI, and he was scum. Kovath got angry, it alerted my suspicion.

As for being defensive, it is not necessarily a bad thing. I myself act very defensive at times. However, Kovath was defensive for no reason, really. I didn't misrep his reasonings, nor did I simply copy-pasted them. He really made it clear that he did not want me to "sheep" him, and I do not know why.

I called you out on a useless post as well. We're even.

18. ISO #118

Idk I probably won't post any reads until everyone has posted.
    Spruance , this post is so out of line. It screams i'm scum and need to look town.
    "The mammal, the Hippogame Freakus, has approached the thread with his typical entrance about the subpar attitude of neighboring creatures." Calix

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

You could, but you would be deflecting the point. You also bring up something irrelevant to the conversation such as "What have you done?" That isn't what we are talking about so its a moot point.

We have both played with SPruance and I think we can both agree his logic is weird if not downright alien. So when you try to pick argument fights with him it looks like you are just trying to find something to latch onto to make sure you can maintain a fake "Calix is angry/annoyed" attitude.

If I were you, I would do same thing if I was known for being irritated at terrible players.
    That's a terrible response and you're still not doing anything but railing on me. You have not even voted, implying that nobody strikes you as suspicious enough to push...

Why are you defending Spruance still? You have not said that you town-read him and you said earlier that you find him hard to read (thus pushing him would be optimal) so this looks like an attempt at buddying/ chainsawing.

I don't agree that he uses 'alien' logic.

You are awfully hung up over me 'faking' my attitude when you have provided no evidence of that and said yourself that genuine was possible. Yet you insist on peddling the less likely narrative with nothing to back it up...and this takes the place of any actual contribution - why?

You cannot even push me properly because I cannot be adequately pressured today due to being pardoned. You are wasting your time. Explain what you get out of this.

21. ISO #121

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    I have no faith in you.

Irrelevant if you are going to read the setup , what a stupid question even

Contradiction in your first post

Same as Spruance , in doing so you are useless. Any towny should post his thoughts no matter what so we can see your thought process.
    I don't care how dumb they are

Your post comes across as a scum being bad at looking town

22. ISO #122

Name a post from him that has ever screamed he was town pls.
    The M-FM, perhaps?

See my comments on you defending him.

23. ISO #123

My gut says Never Unlucky is completely off btw.
    His tone doesn't match his actions if that makes sense.
    I get the same feeling.

24. ISO #124

Name a post from him that has ever screamed he was town pls.
    There are plenty , whats your opinion on somebody saying, oh i withhold my reads till i've read the rest.
    I don't care how scummy he looks the argument itself is just bad.

25. ISO #125

B) "The rumor has it that she’s always town though. (It’s a joke, Calix.)" Of course I am not using this to make a read... I have Mesk as "null" while the "rumor" is that she's always town.

C) rude :3

E+F Would you word your 1stquestion differently please? I feel like I've correctly answered it twice and would find myself repeating myself if I were to answer it again.
    2nd question - to me, using emotions just shows that you either have got something to hide or cannot use arguments to defend yourself so you result in using emotions. This is what Eggy did in AI, and he was scum. Kovath got angry, it alerted my suspicion.

As for being defensive, it is not necessarily a bad thing. I myself act very defensive at times. However, Kovath was defensive for no reason, really. I didn't misrep his reasonings, nor did I simply copy-pasted them. He really made it clear that he did not want me to "sheep" him, and I do not know why.

I called you out on a useless post as well. We're even.
    E+F: I don't follow. Emotions aren't rational - why couldn't Kovath just be legitimately angry at the thought of you copying his reasoning? If you were arguing that it was out of character for Kovath then you might have a point but you didn't.

Furthermore, emotions aren't scummy by themselves. Scum struggle to sustain emotions for long periods of time so a single 'outburst' (for lack of a better term) is insufficient to form a scum-read.

I am not asking for the hell of it, by the by. I personally think he is town myself (if nothing else than because of how he looks compared to everyone else...) and I don't find your current arguments to be convincing.

26. ISO #126

Alright i'm caught up.

-vote Firebringer

To me Spruance and Never Unlucky are in the same boat, yet you respond to them differently. You cannot defend Spruance and attack NU, I can't follow that logic.

27. ISO #127

Quote Originally Posted by GameFreak View Post
    Alright i'm caught up.

-vote Firebringer

To me Spruance and Never Unlucky are in the same boat, yet you respond to them differently. You cannot defend Spruance and attack NU, I can't follow that logic.
    Just to clarify, you scum-read both Unlucky and Spruance?

If this is the case, and if you think Firebringer is scum, then I'd invite you to reconsider given that this would imply that there are three scum which you have just found on Day One.

While I am here, any town-reads that stick out to you?

28. ISO #128

Just to clarify, you scum-read both Unlucky and Spruance?

If this is the case, and if you think Firebringer is scum, then I'd invite you to reconsider given that this would imply that there are three scum which you have just found on Day One.

While I am here, any town-reads that stick out to you?
    No i don't scumread them, i find that if you scumread one you shouldn't go about defending the other.

So far you are not straying from your town meta, I also like Kovath's posts they seem well reasonend.

The rest i'll need more from to form an opinion.

Dislike Eggy's post but 1 post isn't enough.

29. ISO #129

No i don't scumread them, i find that if you scumread one you shouldn't go about defending the other.

So far you are not straying from your town meta, I also like Kovath's posts they seem well reasonend.

The rest i'll need more from to form an opinion.

Dislike Eggy's post but 1 post isn't enough.
    I find both to be suspicious, but Firebringer's defense/ chainsawing of Spruance was so bad and I highly doubt that all three of them are scum. That's just retarded. Going to hold off on reconsidering until I read whatever they post overnight while I am asleep. If anyone reading this is stuck on who to pressure, I recommend these three.

I'll say this though. If one or more of those plebs are town, they need to make themselves more obvious.

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

I'm the one who can have the most fun, I get to fake vote!

-vote Gyrlander

Stay tuned for Unknowns input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

33. ISO #133

I'm off to bed aswell.

Cya tomorrow
    Damn it, I just missed you dude.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

Overwatch kind of destroyed my confidence over reads so I need some time to recover
    No kidding, you said I was confirmed dude.

38. ISO #138

Why does it seem like a scream? I didn't use caps lock.
    This is pedantic as fuck and I'd consider adding it to my signature if I had enough space.

I guess I'm trying to differ from my strategy for overwatch which was accuse every player (expect hanzo rip) until I made up my mind. If I'm a bit polar opposite this game I don't really mind because it's easier to go too far to find where to readjust to for future games.
    And what exactly is your current strategy?

Overwatch kind of destroyed my confidence over reads so I need some time to recover
    Not old enough to attend the safe spaces at university, got it

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

Gyr we all know you just sheep

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

Why is this narrative being pursued that I was "angry" at getting my reasoning "sheeped"? I wasn't angry, I was trying to pin down Never Unlucky on possible buddying / "assimilation" by referencing me, especially when he's not townreading me.

Gyrlander and Mesk slipping away after their weird starts *facepalm*

Spruance is being reluctant to provide much with any confidence, but he is avoiding doing his semi-lurk thing so if scumminess persists we can catch him on it.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

43. ISO #143

44. ISO #144

My new strategy is to hold my vote until someone scumslips.
    Did you learn nothing from Instant Mafia 1.0 about 'scum slips'?

You're also not going to find 'slips' by sitting back and doing nothing.

Scum are not just going to drunkenly waltz into your bedroom and surrender. You have to actually like, find them?

45. ISO #145

Did you learn nothing from Instant Mafia 1.0 about 'scum slips'?

You're also not going to find 'slips' by sitting back and doing nothing.

Scum are not just going to drunkenly waltz into your bedroom and surrender. You have to actually like, find them?
    When I am done with them they will be begging for mercy don't worry.

46. ISO #146

I find both to be suspicious, but Firebringer's defense/ chainsawing of Spruance was so bad and I highly doubt that all three of them are scum. That's just retarded. Going to hold off on reconsidering until I read whatever they post overnight while I am asleep. If anyone reading this is stuck on who to pressure, I recommend these three.

I'll say this though. If one or more of those plebs are town, they need to make themselves more obvious.
    This makes no sense.

I don't get why I'm in such hot waters tbh. In my eyes, I'm the most obvious town along Calix in here. I've given my reads, I haven't lurked not lurking, I've done my best to contribute, and I've been responsive to the queries concerning me. If someone could give me a summary of the scummy-looking things in my play, it would be appreciated.

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

This makes no sense.

I don't get why I'm in such hot waters tbh. In my eyes, I'm the most obvious town along Calix in here. I've given my reads, I haven't lurked not lurking, I've done my best to contribute, and I've been responsive to the queries concerning me. If someone could give me a summary of the scummy-looking things in my play, it would be appreciated.
    Cancerous colour detected. Please use a lighter colour that doesn't blend into the background next time.

I am saying that I find you/ Spruance/ Firebringer scummy. However, you three being the scum team = illogical to me so therefore at least one of you must be town.

You neglect to mention one thing in your contributions - few of them were done using your own initiative. I asked for reads and responding to queries =/= contributing because you are just defending yourself. You lack any spontaneity.

Contribution =/= town. Not lurking =/= town.

Try pushing your scum-reads instead of whining over not being instantly town-read a few hours into the game.

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    its gone terminal
    I hope you don't continue this.